Old 12-16-2007, 07:42 PM #64
firebirdude
My Balls > Your Face

firebirdude is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
firebirdude has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by trauma_alert View Post
Ya Brazini got like a 5 minute head start on us....it sucked but we were spanking them the rest of the game and we still won so...whatever.
I missed the beginning of the final battle, but it sure did seem like Barzini had the entire city right off the break. I don't doubt you guys at all. Something MUST have been up with that.

But how could you possibly say you spanked us the rest of the game!?!?!? You guys just stood in the woods the entire hour!!!! And how the hell could blue claim victory overall? I heard it was general on the roof of the hotel at game end, wins it...... which was Red. Not that it matters, but contrary to what I would have thought.

Old +42/-0 PBNation FEEDBACK!!
firebirdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:43 PM #65
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
The final battle was attack and defend, if anyone didn't pick that up

Firebirdude - Help me understand then. The velocity adjustment on a Tippman isn't on the spring like a normal blow back, or on a regulator... right? How does a guy with a 98c with a responce trigger go from 260-275 single shots up to 290-ish when rapid firing? The way I understood it was the valve was actually being open longer spiking the velocity... especially cause it was not regulated below the 800 psi preset bottle's output. I could be completely wrong and we need to mess with my friend's gun some more...

It was fun flanking the Red base the last part of the game... but the Refs got pissed at us
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:55 PM #66
hawk5755
London Lewis

Annual Supporting Member
hawk5755 plays in the PSP
hawk5755 donated to help Peyton Trent
hawk5755 is playing at Living Legends VII
hawk5755 is an NCPA player
hawk5755 is an NCPA National Champion
hawk5755 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
The final battle was attack and defend, if anyone didn't pick that up

Firebirdude - Help me understand then. The velocity adjustment on a Tippman isn't on the spring like a normal blow back, or on a regulator... right? How does a guy with a 98c with a responce trigger go from 260-275 single shots up to 290-ish when rapid firing? The way I understood it was the valve was actually being open longer spiking the velocity... especially cause it was not regulated below the 800 psi preset bottle's output. I could be completely wrong and we need to mess with my friend's gun some more...

It was fun flanking the Red base the last part of the game... but the Refs got pissed at us
yea some guy said new mission, box in the little bastards coming out of the reinsertion and we almost did if they ref didnt stop us. We owned the whole city on sunday and whoever got shot from a guy out of the murder hole out of the school building, that was me
Old 12-16-2007, 07:56 PM #67
hawk5755
London Lewis

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebirdude View Post
I missed the beginning of the final battle, but it sure did seem like Barzini had the entire city right off the break. I don't doubt you guys at all. Something MUST have been up with that.

But how could you possibly say you spanked us the rest of the game!?!?!? You guys just stood in the woods the entire hour!!!! And how the hell could blue claim victory overall? I heard it was general on the roof of the hotel at game end, wins it...... which was Red. Not that it matters, but contrary to what I would have thought.
thats why at 8'o clock game on we were on your side of the city and half of your team was just waking up to go chrono???
Old 12-16-2007, 08:00 PM #68
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk5755 View Post
thats why at 8'o clock game on we were on your side of the city and half of your team was just waking up to go chrono???
Did you use that green empire loader on Sunday? You a tall mofo?
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:10 PM #69
firebirdude
My Balls > Your Face

Quote:
Your text is hard to follow (maybe I'm just tired lol). Anyhow, let me first reiterate that IT DOES NOT MATTER THE REASON. The ref was completely in the right.

Next, the Tippmann 98 series has the allen screw on the side of the body to adjust velocity. When you pull the trigger, the sear releases and allows the hammer (often called rear bolt) to be slammed into the valve pin. Simultaneously, the hammer is connected to the front bolt which pushes the paintball to the base of the barrel. The valve pin is pushed back ever so slightly by the hammer allowing air to pass IN BOTH DIRECTIONS. The air flowing forward propels the ball out of the barrel. The air flowing rearward forces the hammer back, which in turn pulls the front bolt back allowing the next ball to fall into place. The sear resets into the cutout on the hammer and is ready to be tripped again by the trigger.

The response trigger simply pushes the trigger outward. The player can then easily find a sweet spot where he can apply a small amount of force to the trigger and the response will kick it back into position. Closely resembling full auto. So you can now easily see how a response system simply affects the trigger only. It has no affect on how long the valve stays open. The hammer flys forward slamming the pin at the exact same force regardless.

And let me say again..... IT DOESN'T MATTER THE REASON. Over the limit is over the limit.

And hahaha, yeah. I slept in this morning too.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:13 PM #70
hawk5755
London Lewis

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Did you use that green empire loader on Sunday? You a tall mofo?
i had a vlocity wore a bag around my chest cause im lazzy to put the pods back in the pack. had black hair and a olive pm7, and people kept shouting to turn my vlocity down because 270 is to high for them and was supposly overshooting but hey im trying to hit the guy behind you. Whoever had a green empire loader i can almost guarentee i sold it to them

Firebird i was like were the hell is Spec ops in the morning and i look over at the chrono and there was half the team

Last edited by hawk5755 : 12-16-2007 at 08:16 PM.
hawk5755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:46 PM #71
rollin904

I have to agree on the refs, this was my first scenario outside of the Wayne's World games I attend and the reffing seemed poor. I've never seen so many people get shot and just wipe it off, especially with refs 10-20 ft away. It seemed the only thing that was enforced properly were the dead players when a building got shot with a law....and it seemed they didn't even enforce a demo role. Everyone and their mom had a damn law rocket out there, and the refs were throwing rockets back and it seemed the guys with them had unlimited shots, which made the game a bit hard for the guys with tanks and those trying to push up only to be blown up every few minutes by a rocket. And I can't recall which building the School was since this was my first game but I know i got rocked during the final battle when I was rushing up past the building across the street from the meat market. Red team get a head start or something during that battle or were we just all slow to get on the field on the blue side?
Old 12-16-2007, 08:51 PM #72
hawk5755
London Lewis

Annual Supporting Member
red team got a head start and i mean a head start
Old 12-16-2007, 08:54 PM #73
hawk5755
London Lewis

Annual Supporting Member

me
Old 12-16-2007, 09:52 PM #74
murder inc
REVOLT NOW!

murder inc is a Supporting Member
murder inc is a founding member
like i said, i had a blast. every person i met there was awesome and i thought it was run perfectly.
Old Feedback For Pb Nation Sales 70+0- & New Feedback 136+ 0-
ASMCouncil

IMPEACH OBAMA
$$$ BOB LONG BLOWOUT SALE-MakeOffers
murder inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:00 AM #75
csermonet47
8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk5755 View Post
yea some guy said new mission, box in the little bastards coming out of the reinsertion and we almost did if they ref didnt stop us. We owned the whole city on sunday and whoever got shot from a guy out of the murder hole out of the school building, that was me
was it a gut in camo with a quest and blue profier?
csermonet47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:02 AM #76
hawk5755
London Lewis

Annual Supporting Member
i duno i shot to many people sunday out of that building
Old 12-17-2007, 07:04 AM #77
firebirdude
My Balls > Your Face

Hey Hawk. How did you find those pictures of yourself out of the 1,000s?

Old 12-17-2007, 08:43 AM #78
masterbob (Banned)
I AM that KID CHRIS

um he look for a long time
masterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:11 AM #79
Numb_Skull_911

big test icicles pwnzored teh everyone...
Numb_Skull_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:17 AM #80
sobejohn
NoFear, NoPity, NoRemorse

sobejohn owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I also have to admit.. this is one of the best games I have ever attended and it was also my first time at Blanding.. imo, Billy runs a good gig..
sobejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:56 AM #81
Big Jack

I helped ref when I wasnt playing a role,I had a hand held chrono with me all the time and check probably over a hundred players mysel and had not ONE infraction,everyone i checked was well under 280 and i want to thank everyone for playing stand up ball,at close quarters even 260 will hurt like heck,I got shot ALOT playing a role and reffing and none of it seemed out of line,there are always a few at any event,players were checked all weekend and were courteous about it.I had a blast even if I didnt get to play much.
Jack
Big Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:15 PM #82
xxkylexx
K-Dogg

I couldn't agree more about the bad reffing. I saw most refs just standing around scratching their ***** or huddling up in a big orgy of 20+ all game. People blatantly wiping paint or not calling out the whole game while refs just watch them and laugh. After a few hours of play, the only fair thing to do seemed to follow along and not call out yourself .... the refs didn't seem to care much. I also witnessed many refs being very rude to players about other not so serious things. I mention to a few refs about a tank possibly shooting a bit hot and that they needed to be chronoed, and they seemed to blow that off saying they don't have chronos. Yet when they hear a RT trigger shooting at night, they cream in their pants and about 10 of them instantly surround some guy yelling at him instead of the other 9 continuing to ref the game. I also witnessed a lot of refs getting all pissed off when they get shot a few times. Do they not expect to get shot when reffing a game with this much paint flying around? Suck it up...geez. I normally don't complain about refs at all, but this was just horrible. I hope they were not getting paid.....

Another thing that was disappointing was that there were no missions or objectives in the game (or none that I ever came across after playing both days and at night). The whole thing just seemed like a huge kill fest with unlimited, unregulated law rockets flying around (seemed like the only way the refs would call people out). I have no clue how they determined a winner on that game, although my team (blue) supposedly won. With a place like Blanding, there could have been some really cool missions.

It was cheap, pretty fun, and the facility was sweet, but I don't think I will want to play at another LCP event as long as I have other options.

Last edited by xxkylexx : 12-17-2007 at 03:07 PM.
xxkylexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:50 PM #83
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jack View Post
I helped ref when I wasnt playing a role,I had a hand held chrono with me all the time and check probably over a hundred players mysel and had not ONE infraction,everyone i checked was well under 280 and i want to thank everyone for playing stand up ball,at close quarters even 260 will hurt like heck,I got shot ALOT playing a role and reffing and none of it seemed out of line,there are always a few at any event,players were checked all weekend and were courteous about it.I had a blast even if I didnt get to play much.
Jack
As much as appreciate all the work the refs put in, I couldn't help but notice that some people must've been shooting really hot... I'm on the second floor window of building 6, shooting at the blue players on the ground level, and my shots barely reach them. When they shoot back thou, not only they reach me, but they pretty much break my skin almost to the point of bleeding... if somebody could please explain the physics that would allow such thing, if everybody was really under the fps limit, I'd be thankful... the paint SUCKED! It wouldn't fly straight nor break easily. I had a blast all weekend, didn't really care much who won and who lost, but next time, I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for some decent paint...

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Luigi Speed 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:23 PM #84
firebirdude
My Balls > Your Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxkylexx View Post
I also witnessed many refs being very rude to players about other not so serious things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Speed 05 View Post
I couldn't help but notice that some people must've been shooting really hot... I'm on the second floor window of building 6, shooting at the blue players on the ground level, and my shots barely reach them. When they shoot back thou, not only they reach me, but they pretty much break my skin almost to the point of bleeding
Finally someone agrees with my statements. Like I said, I had balls TEARING MY JERSEY. And the following welts on the side of my chest now feel like cracked ribs.(figuratively speaking of course )

Either way, I had a blast and will always return to Blanding regardless of the host. Yeah wiping was out of control, but it has been for EVERY event at Blanding. I'd be a lair if I said I played 100% honest the entire weekend. But I would always give up my position when hit. Usually walk back to my woodline and start over. Like the 2 minutes of woods walking I skipped will decide the outcome of a game. Still a thousand times better than just wiping and continuing to push forward.

Last edited by firebirdude : 12-17-2007 at 05:27 PM.
ReplyScenario Ups