OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

pm'd.
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2007, 06:30 AM #65
HercTPA

has been a member for 10 years
TPA will be hosting another tryout at Paintball World Ohio; Sunday December 16th!!! More info coming soon
Old 11-05-2007, 08:28 AM #66
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

are u still having the tryout on the 18?
Old 11-05-2007, 03:15 PM #67
HercTPA

Yes
Old 11-05-2007, 04:40 PM #68
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

It's too bad I missed this weekend... I had some 2 year anniversary crap to take care of with the lady friend. I skip that to play paintball and I'd be looking for a new girlfriend, haha.
flarkey25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:42 PM #69
frontplayer34

i thought the layout was awesome... i was getting like 5 or 6 kills a game (sorry steve, mike, and anyone else) /hangover
frontplayer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:48 PM #70
HercTPA

lol.... Yahh THANKS John. lol...
Old 11-05-2007, 07:20 PM #71
xpredatorx
despised 07

you will see me december 16 mike!
xpredatorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:48 PM #72
HercTPA

The more you guys make it out the better chance you have of getting noticed. WE ALL have good days and bad days.

I suggest people try to make EVERY tryout. Not only will it increase your chance of making the team but it shows me you are dedicated!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 09:14 PM #73
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

That is definately one thing we are going to consider with VERY high priority... After suffering ridiculous roster loses year after year, we're trying to find THE most dedicated players we can find... It's much easier to make a great player out of an okay player that is 120% dedicated than it is to make a great player out of a good player who always makes excuses not to show up to practice or events...

TPA has fun as a team... But as much fun as paintball is, it's more fun when you win! You don't win by skipping out on practices or events or dropping out halfway through the year because you're not pro yet. Hard work and dedication are rewarded greatly. Don't forget it chumps!
Old 11-06-2007, 02:28 PM #74
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

So another pre-tryout Sunday pending weather right? Im pretty sure I'll be there if even just a few show.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:26 PM #75
adam326969
One Bad Mother ****er

im really interested in coming up, however ill be out of town for the 18th for thanksgiving. I am however available in december. How far from cincy are you? And i take it we dont have to be at both try out dates?
RED EVENTS
adam326969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:48 PM #76
Blue Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam326969 View Post
im really interested in coming up, however ill be out of town for the 18th for thanksgiving. I am however available in december. How far from cincy are you? And i take it we dont have to be at both try out dates?

It's roughly 4 1/2 hours from Cincinnati.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:00 PM #77
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam326969 View Post
The more tryouts you can come to, the better your chances are of getting picked up. Now if you're just that good that everyone on the team notices you're a killer on the first one you come to then maybe you'll get a spot... The other thing is, if you're able to make all of the tryouts and even some dates in-between it shows that you're very dedicated to the team. We are placing a pretty high value on team dedication this year.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:07 PM #78
xth3 3xorc1stx
TPA PAINTBALL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flarkey25 View Post
The more tryouts you can come to, the better your chances are of getting picked up. Now if you're just that good that everyone on the team notices you're a killer on the first one you come to then maybe you'll get a spot... The other thing is, if you're able to make all of the tryouts and even some dates in-between it shows that you're very dedicated to the team. We are placing a pretty high value on team dedication this year.
that's the way it should be. i would hope that dedication plays as big a part as just plain skill and experience does.
xth3 3xorc1stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:02 PM #79
BIG T25
WhereIsTodd.com

BIG T25 is an NCPA player
BIG T25 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
BIG T25 supports DLX Technology
I have a question regarding practices etc. for these teams.

It sounds like there will be practice every weekend during the season. I did some math, and if you shoot a case every practice, it comes out to around $1000 worth of paint just for practices. Are we getting any help financially? (Even if it means working at the field on Saturdays and practicing on Sundays or something along the lines of that).

I am very willing to work at the field and do whatever to practice for free, but if that isn't an option...I'm not sure what I can do seeing as I'm not an adult with a well-paying job and I know my parents won't pay a cent.
BIG T25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:59 PM #80
xth3 3xorc1stx
TPA PAINTBALL!!

lol mike requires a minimum of two cases per practice.
xth3 3xorc1stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:45 PM #81
HercTPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG T25 View Post
I have a question regarding practices etc. for these teams.

It sounds like there will be practice every weekend during the season. I did some math, and if you shoot a case every practice, it comes out to around $1000 worth of paint just for practices. Are we getting any help financially? (Even if it means working at the field on Saturdays and practicing on Sundays or something along the lines of that).

I am very willing to work at the field and do whatever to practice for free, but if that isn't an option...I'm not sure what I can do seeing as I'm not an adult with a well-paying job and I know my parents won't pay a cent.
lol....

I guess I have some questions for you before I can answer your questions.

What team are you trying out for?
How good do you want to become?
What are your goals for yourself and your team?
How did you come up with $1000?

There are MANY ways you can earn money for practice paint at TPA but I will not get into that till people commit to the team.

Here's something I have kept on file. It's not me (it's another store owner) speaking but since you asked about finances I thought post it. Everyone please take the time to read it.

"As a store who sponsors some local and national teams, I have to admit that sponsorship for most companies has little to do with getting a return on your money. The $15,000 a year we drop on sponsorship would make us more financial return investing in inventory than in the teams. The reason we sponsor teams is to get heavily involved in the sport we sell and promote.

We get 2 teams a day who contact our store for sponsorship, and they all promise the same things:
1. They'll win every event
2. They'll bring us a ton of business
3. They'll tell every player about us
4. They'll be good sports
5. They'll never miss a practice

The reality is that few of those things matter. What matters to us is seeing a commitment in our teams. If the teams only want sponsorship because they can't afford the sport, they're not a team we really have a lot of faith in. If you love the sport of paintball and are committed to it, you'll go out and work a second job to pay for it.

If you want sponsorship for bragging rights, forget about it. Stores will lose business if you make a fool of yourselves.

If you want sponsorship so you can get discounts, that's not helpful either. Unless you're winning a lot of events and generating interest in the store, you're only hurting the store by taking inventory at a lower (or no) profit than real customers.

Sponsorship is a two way street. The team that is sponsored has to provide something valuable to the store. Going in an cleaning up and helping out on a busy Saturday is a great step. Presenting yourselves as mature, committed players with good sportsmanship is key. Evaluating your play and fixing your problems can't be forgotten.

If you want to get sponsored, the first step is to go out, get a job (or two!) and force yourself to team practice every week, or twice a week. Present yourself to the local stores and fields, and show them you're committed. Don't even bring up sponsorship, just tell them "Hey, we practiced this weekend, and are going to this and this tournament next month." When you win, show them the trophy.

After a year (or two) of practicing often, doing well in tournaments, and getting other players from other teams to give you props and respect you on and off the field, you can then start looking for real sponsorships. If your team is less than 6 months old, forget it. I see teams come in the store every day that don't last 3 months because the players aren't ready for the commitment and don't know how to handle team play.

The last thing is to try and find sponsors for your team closest to you: parents, friends, bosses, relatives. Does your uncle own an oil change shop? See if he'll pitch in $50 a month if you get his logo and info on your banners and flyer. Does your mom work for a florist? See if she can find you even just $25 a month. It all helps, and it all moves you forward.

Sponsorship is not just about money, or even primarily about money. It is about making a commitment to a relationship with your sponsor."

There will be mandatory practices once the teams are formed. I can't tell you how often till we build the teams. HOWEVER, IF you make a team it's up to you to earn YOUR spot and playtime and keep it. People that come out more often will progress faster and usually take spots from those who don't practice as much, even if you're blessed by the paintball gods.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:10 PM #82
HercTPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3 3xorc1stx View Post
that's the way it should be. i would hope that dedication plays as big a part as just plain skill and experience does.
You can count on the best people being on the field each event. Those who show dedication and practice as much as possible usually reach their goals (on and off the field). I have seen it many times, those who have natual talent and are FAR above the others at the begining of the season and DO NOT practice as much as the others find themselves behind the curve later in the season. Those players usually quit once that happens.

You are either motivated to get better or you are happy with the way you are.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:21 PM #83
BIG T25
WhereIsTodd.com

BIG T25 is an NCPA player
BIG T25 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
BIG T25 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by HercTPA View Post
lol....

What team are you trying out for? D4 5-man

How good do you want to become? Everyone wants to become great and so do I. I want to become as good as I can.

My personal goals are to:
1.) get better at paintball (that's a given)
2.) become a consistant player that my teammates have confidence in
3.) be able to step on the field right before a game at a tournament and know that I did everything I could (within reason) to prepare myself and my teammates

As a team:
1.)We all want to win and if your goal isn't winning, then why play a COMPETETIVE sport??
2.)To help each other out and develop each others abilities. Teammates should help each other become as good as possible, not try to make each other look bad to get more playing time for yourself.

How did you come up with $1000? haha, that was an estimate. I think I multiplied 8 months worth of weekends (34 weekends) times $30/case. That's $1020.
BIG T25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:22 PM #84
mas19
RIP AMERICA 1776-2008

mas19 plays in the PSP
mas19 supports Cereal Killerz 2
mas19 donated to help Peyton Trent
mas19 helped look for balloons
mas19 is playing at Living Legends III
mas19 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HercTPA View Post
lol....

What team are you trying out for?
How good do you want to become?
How did you come up with $1000?

There are MANY ways you can earn money for practice paint at TPA but I will not get into that till people commit to the team.

Here's something I have kept on file. It's not me (it's another store owner) speaking but since you asked about finances I thought post it. Everyone please take the time to read it.

"As a store who sponsors some local and national teams, I have to admit that sponsorship for most companies has little to do with getting a return on your money. The $15,000 a year we drop on sponsorship would make us more financial return investing in inventory than in the teams. The reason we sponsor teams is to get heavily involved in the sport we sell and promote.

We get 2 teams a day who contact our store for sponsorship, and they all promise the same things:
1. They'll win every event
2. They'll bring us a ton of business
3. They'll tell every player about us
4. They'll be good sports
5. They'll never miss a practice

The reality is that few of those things matter. What matters to us is seeing a commitment in our teams. If the teams only want sponsorship because they can't afford the sport, they're not a team we really have a lot of faith in. If you love the sport of paintball and are committed to it, you'll go out and work a second job to pay for it.

If you want sponsorship for bragging rights, forget about it. Stores will lose business if you make a fool of yourselves.

If you want sponsorship so you can get discounts, that's not helpful either. Unless you're winning a lot of events and generating interest in the store, you're only hurting the store by taking inventory at a lower (or no) profit than real customers.

Sponsorship is a two way street. The team that is sponsored has to provide something valuable to the store. Going in an cleaning up and helping out on a busy Saturday is a great step. Presenting yourselves as mature, committed players with good sportsmanship is key. Evaluating your play and fixing your problems can't be forgotten.

If you want to get sponsored, the first step is to go out, get a job (or two!) and force yourself to team practice every week, or twice a week. Present yourself to the local stores and fields, and show them you're committed. Don't even bring up sponsorship, just tell them "Hey, we practiced this weekend, and are going to this and this tournament next month." When you win, show them the trophy.

After a year (or two) of practicing often, doing well in tournaments, and getting other players from other teams to give you props and respect you on and off the field, you can then start looking for real sponsorships. If your team is less than 6 months old, forget it. I see teams come in the store every day that don't last 3 months because the players aren't ready for the commitment and don't know how to handle team play.

The last thing is to try and find sponsors for your team closest to you: parents, friends, bosses, relatives. Does your uncle own an oil change shop? See if he'll pitch in $50 a month if you get his logo and info on your banners and flyer. Does your mom work for a florist? See if she can find you even just $25 a month. It all helps, and it all moves you forward.

Sponsorship is not just about money, or even primarily about money. It is about making a commitment to a relationship with your sponsor."

There will be mandatory practices once the teams are formed. I can't tell you how often till we build the teams. HOWEVER, IF you make a team it's up to you to earn YOUR spot and playtime and keep it. People that come out more often will progress faster and usually take spots from those who don't practice as much, even if you're blessed by the paintball gods.
Well put, if you can put in your APPA number and "Pro" Comes up, then you can get a free ride.
mas19 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups