Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-30-2007, 11:05 PM #1
Monster_Ronster

Question Automag tac-one vs. ICD Promaster

I wasn't sure where to ask this so i thought this is as good of place as any. Im going to be upgrading from my A-5 (i mostly play woodsball) and have been looking into a tac-one. I was pretty much set on the tac-one untill i seen some ICD promasters going pretty cheap on ebay bnib. I know tac-ones are very reliable and dont chop due to the lvl10 but im wondering if the promaster would be a better buy. Is the promaster that much faster than a automag with ult? Which gun is more reliable? Any opinions are appreciated. First post whoot!
Monster_Ronster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2007, 11:24 PM #2
mr doo doo
doo doo, stanky

you cant really compare the two, mechanical vs electro.
mr doo doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:06 AM #3
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
First off, no vs threads are allowed.

Second, your comparing a trigger pull that requires as much force as a mouse click vs one that has a pound or more of force behind it. Mech's and Electro's are 2 entirely different creatures. Thats like comparing a pump to a semi and asking which shoots faster. Of course the Promaster will shoot faster, but it wont out last the Mag in reliability or upgradibility. There is so much more out there from DIY upgrades to commercial aftermarket products that let you change the way a Mag looks as well as how it performs, other then boards, triggers, grips and barrels, the Promaster doesn't have that strong of a following, compared to a Mag that is.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:38 AM #4
Monster_Ronster

Well thanks for the info, i understand that the promaster is electronic and the mag is mech but was wondering which was the best value if the promaster could be had for pretty cheap. I wasn't trying to beat up on the mag's abilities. I was just wondering which one you would rather have even tho one is mech and one was electro. I have pretty much made up my mind just wanted someone to rienforce it and tell me im right. man. nevermind.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:38 AM #5
[NA]WARLORD

Value wise the Mag will outlast the Promaster. Value wise, the Mag is capable of outperforming the Promaster given the right setup. It's all about how deep your pockets are and what your willing to spend. If you want an inexpensive electro, buy an Ion or one of the new SP 1's for woodsball. If you want something that will last and is upgradable to your shooting style, something that will stand the test of time, buy a Mag. I think the choice for us would be pretty obvious since your in the Mag forum
Old 10-31-2007, 03:22 PM #6
FlapJacks

mag would be worlds more reliable than a promstr and i own one. A mag is different than anyother gun, IMO
FlapJacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:06 PM #7
Legumeofterror (Banned)

both are great guns, and for what promasters are going for now thier even better. cant go wrong with a tac-one though. your not going to see to huge a differebce from your A-5 going tot he tac one as far as speed goes. it will just be lighter and higher quality.
Legumeofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:31 PM #8
Monster_Ronster

Thanks guys that's more of what i was wanting to hear lol. Ive seen some promasters for about $140 on ebay and looked into them. They seem to get really good reviews except for the regs. Im gonna go mag tho. I want something thats gonna last forever and not everyone has. Ive been looking at the RPG paradigm pros. well thanks again.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:17 PM #9
Stayhuge

I think you are making a wise decision. And if you really want the speed of an electro, and not have the hassle of batteries, you can always pneumag the Tac One or Paradigm for another $60-70, well worth it!!!! Good Luck!!!
Stayhuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:53 AM #10
maniacmechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
Value wise the Mag will outlast the Promaster. Value wise, the Mag is capable of outperforming the Promaster given the right setup. It's all about how deep your pockets are and what your willing to spend. If you want an inexpensive electro, buy an Ion or one of the new SP 1's for woodsball. If you want something that will last and is upgradable to your shooting style, something that will stand the test of time, buy a Mag. I think the choice for us would be pretty obvious since your in the Mag forum
I really like most of your posts but recommending a sp marker is a little extreme , don't you think
all I own are Mags & AKA's
maniacmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:22 PM #11
[NA]WARLORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
I really like most of your posts but recommending a sp marker is a little extreme , don't you think

Well, by the way I interpreted your post, it sounded like cost was a major factor and since building a Mag isn't cheap, most people take the easy way out. The easy way being a Smart Parts product. I am not knocking Smart Parts, for what they offer for the price, their stuff isn't as bad as everyone claims, but the company and the owners are a little sketchy, to say the very least. I have shot the Promaster and it felt like a cheap Timmy clone imho, but some guys like them and that is ok, to each his own. Same thing with Ion's. I owned 2 when me and my ex girlfriend was together, I bought one each for myself and her son, and ended up giving mine to him and he gave his to his best friend. Mine was a little more upgraded then his . But, for a cheap gun, it got 2 new players into the sport. So, if it promotes the sport, I am all for it.

Buying a Mag new is costly, even with guys like Rogue and other dealers out there, but the Mag speaks for itself. I have owned many guns in the 18+ years I have been playing and always go back to a Mag for reliability, ease of maintenance and performance. If you chose to go this path, you wont regret it.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:31 PM #12
emopunker2004
The Ballin CO

emopunker2004 supports Team VICIOUS
emopunker2004 supports Bob Gurnsey
emopunker2004 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
emopunker2004 supports Empire
if he wanted cheap, he'd get a promaster over an ion since promasters are going for 130 shipped BNIB right now
Old 11-01-2007, 01:52 PM #13
[NA]WARLORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
if he wanted cheap, he'd get a promaster over an ion since promasters are going for 130 shipped BNIB right now

Doesn't say to much for the Promaster then
Old 11-01-2007, 02:00 PM #14
emopunker2004
The Ballin CO

eh same thing's happened to cockers.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:03 PM #15
robnix

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
Doesn't say to much for the Promaster then
It's a shame too, outside of the reg issue, it's a very nice budget marker.
robnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:12 PM #16
emopunker2004
The Ballin CO

yeh. i love my promaster, my cocker, and i loved my mag too. but heck 130 plus 25 for an evil det still makes it a nice budget marker
Old 11-01-2007, 06:23 PM #17
KartaKeeper
PLAY IT - Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
KartaKeeper is a Moderator
not sure what to say here other than

you get what you pay for.
KartaKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:03 PM #18
heisman01

heisman01 plays in the PSP
heisman01 donated to help Peyton Trent
heisman01 plays in the APPA D3 division
lmao @ ICD

get a mag!

Classic eclipse mag shooter
heisman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:36 PM #19
gman00

Well, by the way I interpreted your post, it sounded like cost was a major factor and since building a Mag isn't cheap, most people take the easy way out. The easy way being a Smart Parts product. I am not knocking Smart Parts, for what they offer for the price, their stuff isn't as bad as everyone claims, but the company and the owners are a little sketchy, to say the very least. I have shot the Promaster and it felt like a cheap Timmy clone imho, but some guys like them and that is ok, to each his own. Same thing with Ion's. I owned 2 when me and my ex girlfriend was together, I bought one each for myself and her son, and ended up giving mine to him and he gave his to his best friend. Mine was a little more upgraded then his . But, for a cheap gun, it got 2 new players into the sport. So, if it promotes the sport, I am all for it.

Buying a Mag new is costly, even with guys like Rogue and other dealers out there, but the Mag speaks for itself. I have owned many guns in the 18+ years I have been playing and always go back to a Mag for reliability, ease of maintenance and performance. If you chose to go this path, you wont regret it.

Sp sucks

my promaster-
killa products board
dye stickies
hybrid feedneck
cp shortie reg
AK Low presure reg
Evil driver barrell
dye on and off
Egg 3
Pmi 68 45
gman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:48 PM #20
[NA]WARLORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman00 View Post

Gee, that part looks familiar, copy and paste much ?

Quote:
Sp sucks
- And ?

Quote:
my promaster-
killa products board
dye stickies
hybrid feedneck
Evil driver barrell
I rest my case. Not very many upgrades for it as the rest of those upgrades are universal and work on any other gun.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:34 PM #21
dixieoutfitter94
fat baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
yeh. i love my promaster, my cocker, and i loved my mag too. but heck 130 plus 25 for an evil det still makes it a nice budget marker
the evil reg is the worst reg I have ever seen but aside from that, I would go mag. No batteries, no eyes, no lubing the bolt, they shoot alot nicer and they can be just as fast or even faster yes mechs can be alot faster then electro's
dixieoutfitter94 is offline   Reply With Quote