Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-30-2007, 12:37 PM #1
LU_aDaK
See you at LL7

Annual Supporting Member
LU_aDaK is playing at Living Legends VI
LU_aDaK is playing at Living Legends VII
We need a policy to stop people from canceling deals once they are finalized=bst need

I truly think pbn needs a policy for this. Every transaction recently that has been finalized, and supposedly shipping has been canceled, usually to a change of heart and a bs excuse.

I know I plan as if the transaction is complete, and I am sure other do. For the last cancellation I had to have something overnighted to be ready for the deal. Then when I was told the deal was off, after he had re-assured me 3 days earlier that the marker would be in the mail that night.

I am sick and tired of spending money, canceling other offers, and going in late to the office to wait for a package that never arrives.

I cannot be alone on this, I see people ranting weekly throughout OT forums and such about events just like this.

Please can we implement a "good word" policy rating or something, where someone clicks done deal, and if they back out they get a negative mark against their "good word" rating, so people know not to deal with them.

Currently we cannot leave them feedback, so any jerk can finalize a deal, and then go trade elsewhere while you are turning down deals...waiting like a jack *** for the parcel to arrive.

Please, there has to be something done.

Pbn bst needs help, this would give it a boost. Make people proud of their "word", and knowledgeable about those who do not stick to theirs.
2) Critical Quest $200
3) Dust Black Thumper, Alum Frame + ALL accessories $175
LU_aDaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:01 PM #2
shiftycastro30 (Banned)
Tribal/AKA/Palmer monger

shiftycastro30 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
You will still leave yourself open for bad feedback.
He can turn right around and say you were a jackass, pushy, and or to demanding as the reason for backing out and leave negative feedback as well.

It can't work one way, if you leave a "negative mark" , he has every right to do the same as to why he did so.

John answered as well................
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...oto=nextnewest

Last edited by shiftycastro30 : 10-30-2007 at 02:04 PM.
shiftycastro30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:42 PM #3
texaspaintballplpaye

Annual Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftycastro30 View Post
You will still leave yourself open for bad feedback.
He can turn right around and say you were a jackass, pushy, and or to demanding as the reason for backing out and leave negative feedback as well.

It can't work one way, if you leave a "negative mark" , he has every right to do the same as to why he did so.

John answered as well................
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...oto=nextnewest
I thought you couldn't leave feedback for something like that considering there was no transaction.
texaspaintballplpaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:38 PM #4
shiftycastro30 (Banned)
Tribal/AKA/Palmer monger

shiftycastro30 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspaintballplpaye View Post
I thought you couldn't leave feedback for something like that considering there was no transaction.
You are correct on the backing out of a deal on feedback........ I was just saying on LU's theory of leaving feedback for that.
If you send to a third party and the other guy didn't, you technically could leave feedback for it because you shipped. I typically only deal with people that have been around since 2001-2004, cuts out alot of the fake offers.

Last edited by shiftycastro30 : 10-30-2007 at 11:41 PM.
shiftycastro30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:40 AM #5
LU_aDaK
See you at LL7

Annual Supporting Member
the last deal breaker was a 2k3, talk about not seeing that one coming...

Regardless we need some form of a system, just like ebays non paying bidder. A box each party checks to say done deal, if both parties click the box, the deal is done. If 1 member cancels they get a negative mark, standardized.
2) Critical Quest $200
Old 10-31-2007, 07:24 AM #6
PhantomGhost
Fraggle Rocker

PhantomGhost donated to help Peyton Trent
PhantomGhost supports our troops
PhantomGhost is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The BST area on this PAINTBALL board is similar to craigslist. You assume all risks. I have done plenty of deals on here with no problems. Maybe that is because I take the time to research the people I deal with and make them give me tracking/deliver confirmation numbers.

PBN does not need to the BST police. They watch out for bad feedback and help us out when needed but you have to remember that when you are comparing to ebay, they require everyone to be 18 to do anything, take credit cards, and are a specific BST site. If you have that much troubles here, go to ebay and stop shipping here.

PBN is filled with children that act like big boys but when mommy and daddy say no, they do not have choice.

So stop acting like everyone on here are adults, and are mature enough to deal with BST stuff.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:11 AM #7
LU_aDaK
See you at LL7

Annual Supporting Member
?I never said we need "police". I just mentioned a small box to check for done deal would be very affective. By your logic we should not even have feedback. I have done many transactions hear bud. I am willing to bet more than yourself. Regardless, I truly believe 1 extra check and balance would greatly improve the site.
2) Critical Quest $200
Old 10-31-2007, 11:58 AM #8
PhantomGhost
Fraggle Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LU_aDaK View Post
?I never said we need "police". I just mentioned a small box to check for done deal would be very affective. By your logic we should not even have feedback. I have done many transactions hear bud. I am willing to bet more than yourself. Regardless, I truly believe 1 extra check and balance would greatly improve the site.
Here.

If you are going to try and downplay the facts that I posted, please take the time to do so properly, bud.

Anyways, what does who does the more transactions have anything to do with the FACT that PBN is not a BST website. They allow it but do not have to. They have set in place the best way for US to regulate ourselves. If you can not figure out a way to protect yourself, that is no ones fault but your own.

So if they add this "one more check and balance" how would that stop anything? If someone still doesn't ship or follow through what are you going to do about it? Nothing. You still have the same issue.

It is up to the parties involved in the transaction to police themselves.

How about requiring all your transactions to be 3rd party mod trades? Then you are at least protecting yourself to the best of your abilities.

Bottom line.....you have to protect yourself, not require others to do so for you. Have some personal responsibility.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:26 PM #9
LU_aDaK
See you at LL7

Annual Supporting Member
I really could not care if my spelling is off...that is not the topic of this issue.

And yes, the added feature WOULD help. It would mark those who cancel transactions, so others could be warned. I really do not understand why that is a bad idea...and I plus many others, would NOT have quite the same issue. Would it still happen? yes. Would it happen less often? yes.

In the end, I obviously understand pbn's #1 intent, is not bst. BUT the bst community here is quite large....young, or old.

I do have personal responsibility, and I have a simplistic idea to AID the current feedback system.

Please tell me what harm this would cause. Why a small check box, not hard to program at all, would be negative. Why a tally of trade cancellations in someones feedback area would not help.

I personally can tell you (as I am sure others feel the same way, obviously you don't) that if someone had a few, hell even 1 "cancellation" mark in their feedback that I would not do business with them. Just like negative feedback marks, they would be red flags to alert future traders.

I am done arguing with you, I am trying to pitch an idea, and instead of trying to add suggestions or add reasons that it would not work, you chose to belittle me. If you think all transaction issues are my fault, fine..if you think I do not take responsibility for my actions, fine..if you think 3rd party traders are needed, fine-but I will tell you that would not help cancellations, only traders unhappy with bunk markers, or not receiving markers.

* anyone else have anything to contribute?
2) Critical Quest $200
Old 10-31-2007, 12:42 PM #10
intimidator_88
I live for aka products

intimidator_88 is a founding member
I simply agree with ludak,

I have had my two f8 fusions sold arround 20 times the past month.

Every time somone would back out. Or say it was shipping allready, Then they say they called the post office and had there package stoped. Can you even do that?

Because for some reason, when you think you're item is sold. Thats when you get the most offers. But you tell them the thing is gone. Then you find out the other kid backed out. Try to talk to the other person that it isnt sold. They kinda think your a moron.

Most of the people backing out are younger kids who need there parents aproval to trade. They make the b/s/t forums a JUNGLE.

I say that if somone tells you its sent. That should mean the deal is done. There for you should be able to leave bad feedback when it doesnt come.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:46 PM #11
LU_aDaK
See you at LL7

Annual Supporting Member
Sad fact is that even the adults..25,35, 40+ have issues...whether they are 2k7, or 2k6,5,4,3,2.... It does not stop.

I agree as many have pointed out feedback might not be the best idea, as negative would surely be left for you as well. But a small tally next to your name, under your feedback section could label how many deals you break. That truly would help, yet another thing to be proud of, and to watch out for.
2) Critical Quest $200
Old 10-31-2007, 12:48 PM #12
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Congrats on the VW. I love mine.

You have to realize that even small programming changes on the site are not cheap and are not fast. The bigger problem would be, how would we regulate who backed out after both these boxes were checked? You just said you wouldn't deal with someone who had one "flag" but what if every user you flagged just flagged you back?
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:50 PM #13
LU_aDaK
See you at LL7

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Congrats on the VW. I love mine.

You have to realize that even small programming changes on the site are not cheap and are not fast. The bigger problem would be, how would we regulate who backed out after both these boxes were checked? You just said you wouldn't deal with someone who had one "flag" but what if every user you flagged just flagged you back?
The gti, is wonderful...just not fun to pay for.

With that problem, I have something to work toward and figure out. Thank you for the constructive criticisms, I will start the idea box...see if I can construct something out of smoke signals.
2) Critical Quest $200
Old 10-31-2007, 07:57 PM #14
texaspaintballplpaye

Annual Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftycastro30 View Post
I typically only deal with people that have been around since 2001-2004, cuts out alot of the fake offers.
Same, and make sure they can respond in a real sentence.
texaspaintballplpaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:24 PM #15
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
There are a few red flags, so to speak, that will suggest an inconsistent b/s/t'r.

1. Not good at staying in contact. Goes on pbnation, reads pm's but does not respond. May not be reliable about contacting you when promised.

2. Refuses to exchange phone numbers after a deal is finalized and agreed upon.

3. Has low feedback.

4. Does not use proper grammar.

Again, those are not instant-judgements, just things that often suggest that they are the wrong person to deal with.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:44 AM #16
PhantomGhost
Fraggle Rocker

The problem most likely lies in the pricing of item FS. If it truly was a good deal they usually go through because the other party is afraid of losing the deal. When people ask to much for markers the buyer usually ends up search more for that same gun FS by another user, and that user then buys for the lower priced competition.

I bet if you followed up on a lot of ppl who back away you would find that they still bought something of equal of greater value for less then the deal you were giving them.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:57 AM #17
LU_aDaK
See you at LL7

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomGhost View Post
The problem most likely lies in the pricing of item FS. If it truly was a good deal they usually go through because the other party is afraid of losing the deal. When people ask to much for markers the buyer usually ends up search more for that same gun FS by another user, and that user then buys for the lower priced competition.

I bet if you followed up on a lot of ppl who back away you would find that they still bought something of equal of greater value for less then the deal you were giving them.
Hense...BACKING OUT of a done deal. The same would go for a Seller, who agreed upon a deal for "say 200" Then while the buyer is getting the MO ready, someone pm's the seller for "300".... If he backs out to get more money, he is breaking the deal, and thus should have a mark on his or her record.

That same issue used to happen even more frequently on ebay. Someone would bid too high, and then find another item they thought to be equal for less. Now they receive a non paying bidder mark on there record for sellers to see. Whether or not someone finds something better after the fact, it is a done deal. There will always be a deal someone feels is better here on pbn. We all the the resale of the 07 markers now, but the point is an added protection so once someone commits to a deal, they stick with it; so the other party does not get screwed while waiting for the package to arrive, canceling future offers because they are adhering to there word.
2) Critical Quest $200