PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-02-2014, 12:49 AM #1
bonusball024

bonusball024 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Autocockers FTW!

Got into this sport latter than most of you on here, first gun was a Spyder, took after my dad. I'll always remember the first time I saw autocockers, it was on ESPN and the Naughty Dogs were playing some team, and we're using the coolest guns I'd ever seen (Orracles). Around the same time, I still remember logging on to Smart Parts web page and seeing the Evolution XE markers and lusting hard after them. So beautiful but so expensive for a freshman in highschool who could never imagine being able to purchase something so expensive. When I got into the sport, paintball was still plagued by all sorts of myth, which today make us all chuckle that people thought so foolishly. These silly myths are what caused me to let my first Autococker, a green fade 03 Orracle go. I bought into all the hype about how hard cockers were to work on, and maintain, and fell into the popular misconception that they were an unreliable platform. I didn't have the head knowledge or insight into cockers that I do now. However I still loved Cockers especially Orracles, and eventually I bought another one, a mini E Orracle that WGP put out with the SF trigger. I purchased it new from action village and it didn't see much use because the field I was at only had Co2 and the ram broke. That was in 07. It is now 2014, and though some of the externals have changed, internally it is stock. I have never broken the marker down to lube or maintain anything.... And 7 years later... The thing is a beast and it rips! I ran some air and paint through it yesterday for the first time since I got out of basic and tech school... About 6 or 7 months time since it was last used and I wanted to see if it was still sealing. I was half way expecting a leak or a minor hiccup, but, I got nothing but flawless operation. All I kept thinking to myself is that this freaking thing is 7 years old, all original internals and orings (albeit lightly used) and it can come out of the case and perform.... How many other modern high end markers can do that after sitting for 7 years without needing the bolt wiped down from old oil or grease and needing fresh lube? I then thought back to all the foolishness I'd heard and read concerning the Autocockers and it made me chuckle a little bit. Now the only problem I did have was 2 years ago when I finally got a new ram to get her running again, the Black Magic HPR wasn't functioning quite right, a quick break down and relube and it was good to go! I've added a .44 ram, and an E2, those are the only performance upgrades on it. I am nothing short of impressed with it, my only gripes are the fact that it isn't as ergonomic as the modern markers out now, I think I'll take reliability and confidence in gear over ergos though. Tell ya what guys... Happy to be part of the Cocker community, and I can't wait to start bringing it out to the field and tearing up the competition with it.

Advertisement
Old 09-02-2014, 08:18 PM #2
KeesHimself

Welcome back.

Break your post into paragraphs next time. It's much easier to read.

K
KeesHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:14 AM #3
sixfootsideburns

I have a mechanical 2k3 Prostock that sat in my closet for about 6 years. I started playing again a few months ago so I took it out with similar results.

I never checked the set screw on the timing rod and it moved during play, but it ran like a champ before it fell out of time. I definitely can't out gun someone walking an Etek or and Ego, but personally I think it helps teach me to be a better player because instead of unloading all my paint I actually have to outplay them.

I get compliments on my marker all the time and people consistently being impressed with how well it keeps up even at 11 years old. I can say with confidence that it's definitely improved my snap, first shot accuracy and field awareness to name a few.
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:01 PM #4
JoeyBear
Old School Baller :)

JoeyBear is a Supporting Member
Sadly, I was there when cockers first hit the market back in the late 80s and fell in love with them instantly. I still have three put aside and packed well for when my now 7 year old son finally wants to start playing. I have a Freeflow, CCM, and Dark and they all rip with E2s.
JoeyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:33 PM #5
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBear View Post
Sadly, I was there when cockers first hit the market back in the late 80s and fell in love with them instantly. I still have three put aside and packed well for when my now 7 year old son finally wants to start playing. I have a Freeflow, CCM, and Dark and they all rip with E2s.
I got bit by the bug back in '96. Obviously, they have always been my favorite gun. Now, when my boys hit the field, they will be shooting mid-blocks built just for them. Hell, my oldest saw my slider, and asked if he could swap the Eclipse hinge that was on the gun for the Benchmark slider I had on my backup. A boy after my own heart lol
They get the E2 frames installed after they have learned to play with a mech. Yea, I'm mean like that.
vantrepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:46 PM #6
sbullet
uhuhuhuhu

has been a member for 10 years
^ Maybe they wont want them installed by then

Vail, Colorado's newest resident.

Half blocked Jackal RDL
sbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:32 PM #7
bonusball024

bonusball024 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sorry for the hard read, typed it all up on my iphone and it didn't save the formatting.

I really wonder what WGP was thinking when they released the SR and allowed it to be ugly as sin. I guess by that point, Mr. Orr was not incharge of things at WGP pretty sure they were bought out by that time. I'm told it was a very good shooter, if it had looked cooler maybe it would have done better...

Leads me to my next thought, how hard do you think it would be to produce a super ergonomic autococker like they were trying to accomplish with the SR?

I know plenty of people like to say they are old tech and no longer have the appeal the new "space age" markers have, but I personally feel the mechanical components make autocockers much more reliable than their all electronic cousins, and I still feel they have enough going for them to be good to go amongst all the other makes. Odds are it wont happen, but there is talk of higher/high end autocockers returning to the market!