Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-20-2016, 09:40 PM #1
Therealjoter

Cocking Solenoid leak

I just picked up an e1 freeflow lotus, seller is legit but for whatever reason ive got a fat leak coming from the cocking noid. The gun was just rebuilt and tuned. Anything i can try to get it working? Ive tried playing with the lpr and the leak will stop but only when ive pretty much closed it up not nearly enough pressure to push the block back. Ive never had to work on any of my e cockers before so please excuse my ignorance.
Therealjoter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2016, 11:52 PM #2
tacxplosion
Broke but never broken

Probably a gasket or hose leak, is it coming from the top or from the side?
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:39 AM #3
Therealjoter

How do you go about removing the solenoid and housing to get the the 3 way to check the manifold? All i found was the 2 screws holding the solenoid in but i couldnt figure out how to unplug it.
Never had to mess with the 3 way on an e cocker. Any help would be much appreciated
Old 10-21-2016, 06:40 AM #4
Therealjoter

Its leaking from the side i believe. Its blowing out of the bottom of the housing at pike the front of the solenoid.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:00 AM #5
Therealjoter

Update: dropped the set screws but didnt unplug the 3 way from the board. Pulled it down enough to check the gasket and re grease it. Didnt get a good look up intocthe manifold at the hoses though. Could something else be wrong in there?
Old 10-21-2016, 11:22 AM #6
tacxplosion
Broke but never broken

The manifold should come off of the housing, you just need to pry it out softly with an allen key or small screw driver; then lube it and put it back on (make sure to keep the manifold correctly oriented, it has to be installed in a particular way). If it's leaking down the side and out the bottom, it's definitely the manifold.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:37 PM #7
Therealjoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacxplosion View Post
The manifold should come off of the housing, you just need to pry it out softly with an allen key or small screw driver; then lube it and put it back on (make sure to keep the manifold correctly oriented, it has to be installed in a particular way). If it's leaking down the side and out the bottom, it's definitely the manifold.
I greased thed bejesus out of the gasket made sure it was correctly set pluggedbit back in shut my lpr down and tried airing it up again and slowly adding pressure but no luck. What else could i try?
Old 10-22-2016, 01:32 AM #8
tacxplosion
Broke but never broken

Make sure not to over tighten the cocking 'noid screws and make sure they're tightened evenly, otherwise this will also cause a leak. Other than that, you could try lubing the 'noid spool.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:07 PM #9
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

vantrepes is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Check the ram's piston seal. A blown piston seal will cause a leak in the vent of the non-pressurized side of the noid.
Pull the front hose off the ram, if the leak has moved to the ram's barb, it's the piston seal. If the noid is still leaking, then it's a noid problem.
vantrepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:06 PM #10
tacxplosion
Broke but never broken

Good call, I'd forgotten about that.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:04 AM #11
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

vantrepes is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacxplosion View Post
Good call, I'd forgotten about that.
I'll never forget that one again..... I was working on a gun in 2003 or do, and after pulling apart a noid and housing 4 or 5 times trying to find the leak, swapping out noids, and housings, pulling my damn hair out trying to figure out what the hell was going on, I have plenty of motivation to remember it
vantrepes is offline   Reply With Quote