Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-10-2014, 11:29 AM #1
SimplyOutkast
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee you did.

has been a member for 10 years
Velocity Issues & More...Suggestions Needed

Hey Guys,

So here's my question, below is my ANS GX-3 Cocker, Planet Eclipse E2 E-blade stock, and stock ANS front end with LPC. Custom Products V2 inline reg, and all stock internals except Shocktech bolt.

Part 1

My main problem is getting the gun to a high enough velocity, the highest I've seen is 274, and the gun fluctuates from 245,256,263,270,262, currently I can't get the gun above 230, I've tried sweetspotting the reg, adjusting the LPR, I apparently don't know what I'm doing.

The gun was running somewhat consistent, just low velocities, but I started to jack with it at D'day this year and now it's really out of whack. A guy at D'dday who appeared to know what he was doing adjusted several different E2 modes, dwell settings, LPR changes, and the highest he could get it was 262, and then it would drop to the 240 range.

The guy said the reg is either wrong for the gun, or that it needs a stronger spring which I assume he's talking about the one in front of the IVG valve.

What should I buy/do to get higher velocities on the gun? Is this CP reg a bad combo for this autococker?

Part 2

Upon resolving the velocity issue, I would like to get some QEV's installed on the gun, and have looked into lower tube kits like this

Belsales Autococker Nexus Rex Dialer lower tube kit

http://paintballgateway.com/beaunerexdil.html

What would this kit benefit, would I be better off with a whole lower tube internals kit?

Would a lower pressure internals kit help instead?

Out of all these kit's on the page below, can you reccomend one?

http://paintballgateway.com/lotuinki.html

Additionally, should I keep the stock ANS ram and put the QEV's on it or get a different ram?

Thank You for your time.

Oklahoma D-Day 2003 (Axis)
Oklahoma D-Day 2010 260th Kriegsmarine (Axis)
Oklahoma D-Day 2011 260th Kriegsmarine (Axis)
Oklahoma D-Day 2012 260th Kriegsmarine (Axis)
Oklahoma D-Day 2013 260th Kriegsmarine (Axis)

Last edited by SimplyOutkast : 07-10-2014 at 12:18 PM.
SimplyOutkast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2014, 11:46 AM #2
Darkapollo

The LPR has nothing to do with the velocity. You want that set to just high enough to reliably recock the gun +1/4 turn.
The HPR and spring combo with effect the velocity and to a good extent the barrel paint match as well. I have seen the numbers go all over the place with a bad barrel match.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:08 PM #3
hadjii

I was having a similar issue with one of my cockers. I think my issue was that I was using a low pressure output tank, so I wasn't able to get enough pressure through the hpr. What kind of tank are you using?

Other than that I would look towards the hammer spring or IVG adjustments. Barrel matching is a good point too.
hadjii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:21 PM #4
SimplyOutkast
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee you did.

has been a member for 10 years
Using Ninja 90/4500 grey ghost with standard regulator, I will check when I get home.

Oklahoma D-Day 2003 (Axis)
Oklahoma D-Day 2010 260th Kriegsmarine (Axis)
Oklahoma D-Day 2011 260th Kriegsmarine (Axis)
Oklahoma D-Day 2012 260th Kriegsmarine (Axis)
Oklahoma D-Day 2013 260th Kriegsmarine (Axis)
SimplyOutkast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:11 PM #5
hadjii

That tank should be fine. As long as it has the standard reg that probably isn't the issue. The inline reg you have should be fine as well. I would try adjusting the IVG to up the velocity. Also I might try resetting the factory settings on the e2. Idk what that guy adjusted but if he turned down the cdel too much the valve might not be open long enough.
hadjii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:40 PM #6
oldguyaaron31

A problem I once had was a mismatch in main spring strength and hpr pressure. If the hpr pressure is too high, the hammer cannot open the valve fully or consistently with a relatively weak main spring. Something to try may be turning the hpr way down and working your way up slowly. Hope it helps.
oldguyaaron31 is offline   Reply With Quote