Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-25-2007, 11:08 PM #1
ajdx1000
GnarKill

ajdx1000 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Good luck San Diego

Post here if you live in San Diego and how you are doing. I would love to get some form of a headcount and support type thing going for us here.

Aaron Jaffe - Evacuated Monday night, returned Wednesday afternoon. House is ok.

On a sidenote, Qualcomm stadium was insanely well run. They handed out free supplies, food, drink, hygiene products, tents, air mattresses, chairs, basically anything you could want. It was funny because I lived better at Qualcomm than I do at home. Sad to see people abusing the generosity though as they would take extra stuff to go and sell, at least they got caught.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 10-25-2007, 11:19 PM #2
megabork
im jabba

megabork is a Supporting Member
finn
mandatory on mon,, didnt leave, watched the fire stop 1/8 a mile from my house (thank god for the the new 125 and the wind stopping)btw if you dont leave you can commadear the firetrucks to park on your property and thus save your house, also i was the only person around the next day so i declared mysel president of sunnyside and i ran around naked in my new countrym heres a pic around 2am from my neighbors house, it got way scarier

Old 10-25-2007, 11:25 PM #3
Rossco
Almost as old as dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabork View Post
it got way scarier
That picture's already way scary. I can't imagine how ugly it got without your house going up in flames--glad to hear you made it through, man.

On the other hand, you--naked--outdoors--now that's scary. Some Russian satellite imagery guy is probably getting that picture right now.

You American homeowner have a lot of brave and a little crazy, yes?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:41 PM #4
killakid

Quote:
finn
mandatory on mon,, didnt leave, watched the fire stop 1/8 a mile from my house (thank god for the the new 125 and the wind stopping)btw if you dont leave you can commadear the firetrucks to park on your property and thus save your house, also i was the only person around the next day so i declared mysel president of sunnyside and i ran around naked in my new countrym heres a pic around 2am from my neighbors house, it got way scarier

eeek.Glad you are okay.Do u have animals at your house?What would it have been like evacing all of that?****.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:55 PM #5
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
That picture's already way scary. I can't imagine how ugly it got without your house going up in flames--glad to hear you made it through, man.

On the other hand, you--naked--outdoors--now that's scary. Some Russian satellite imagery guy is probably getting that picture right now.

You American homeowner have a lot of brave and a little crazy, yes?
Well, it is fine as long as you make sure someone stays awake so that you can monitor the fires 24/7. I was doing this for my family until the police came up and yelled at me. Ironically, that was the last time the police were spotted in my neighborhood when they were supposed to have a strong presence there to prevent looters and unauthorized access to mandatory evacuation areas. Sadly though, some people were not so vigilant while they stayed home and paid for it with their lives.

Finn, where do you live?

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 10-26-2007, 12:07 AM #6
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakid View Post
eeek.Glad you are okay.Do u have animals at your house?What would it have been like evacing all of that?****.
They offered lots of places to bring large animals, as well, lots of people donated time and resources to aid in the transport of large animals as well. The handling of this disaster was much better than was seen in Katrina.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 10-26-2007, 12:08 AM #7
megabork
im jabba

yeah man you stay awake all night and be ready with hoses ,i live in bonita out san miguel rd ,, they were evacuating people in eastlake who were like 20 miles from the fire , it would have had to burn 20 k houses to get there, ridiculas, ive been in a couple fires like this in laguna you just have to be ready to bail if it gets hairy,
Old 10-26-2007, 12:14 AM #8
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Quote:
yeah man you stay awake all night and be ready with hoses ,i live in bonita out san miguel rd ,, they were evacuating people in eastlake who were like 20 miles from the fire , it would have had to burn 20 k houses to get there, ridiculas, ive been in a couple fires like this in laguna you just have to be ready to bail if it gets hairy,
Indeed. Glad you and your home are ok, that fire got pretty intense down there.

Any word on how the paintball fields are? I know those fires were near all of the big fields, curious as to whether they came out alright or not.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 10-26-2007, 12:20 AM #9
amargio
REAL JOIN DATE FEB 2001

all is ok with me and family...how are you big A ?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:22 AM #10
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Doing good, we were not affected TOO much by the fire, it got close though. I cannot say the same for some of our friends Tony. I do not want to drop names for sake of privacy, but my best friend lost his house. I am sure you can guess who he is since we always play together.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 10-26-2007, 12:30 AM #11
killakid

Quote:
U used to live in Laguna?I live here presently.See everyone on sun at Raza!
Old 10-26-2007, 12:42 AM #12
megabork
im jabba

Quote:
U used to live in Laguna?I live here presently.See everyone on sun at Raza!
yeah man laguna beach class of 1980 , the Artists lol
Old 10-26-2007, 12:57 AM #13
killakid

Damn that is cool dude.I wish we were still the Artist, Breakers is just stupid.Im surprised Laguna hasn't caught on fire yet.The hills are just full of fuel.All it takes is a Cigarette.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:58 AM #14
spshockerpimp
CSUF PAINTBALL!!

Well i live in Fallbrook and we got evacuated on Monday, and lost our house on monday.. we got our animals , some clothes, pictures and documents out, everything else is gone. its sucks so bad..
R.I.P FALLBROOK!
My Myspacizzle
Old 10-26-2007, 12:59 AM #15
spshockerpimp
CSUF PAINTBALL!!

o and we are still unable to return to fallbrook , because there are still a lot of fires in the area , and last i heard , which was last night, it was 0 percent contained.
R.I.P FALLBROOK!
My Myspacizzle
Old 10-26-2007, 01:02 AM #16
megabork
im jabba

Quote:
Damn that is cool dude.I wish we were still the Artist, Breakers is just stupid.Im surprised Laguna hasn't caught on fire yet.The hills are just full of fuel.All it takes is a Cigarette.
WHAT??? the breakers?? what r you talking about? they changed the name? wtf is that?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:11 AM #17
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Pretty sure Lake Wohlford is under mandatory evacuation as of today.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 10-26-2007, 01:12 AM #18
megabork
im jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdx1000 View Post
Pretty sure Lake Wohlford is under mandatory evacuation as of today.
yeah thier using the road as a way to get trucks to the other side
Old 10-26-2007, 01:19 AM #19
killakid

Quote:
WHAT??? the breakers?? what r you talking about? they changed the name? wtf is that?
The student body voted to change the name in 2003.It is a gay name.Considering our football team isnt breaking anyone recently or going to be breaking anyone in the future.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:25 AM #20
megabork
im jabba

Quote:
The student body voted to change the name in 2003.It is a gay name.Considering our football team isnt breaking anyone recently or going to be breaking anyone in the future.
when i went there the vollyball team had won 5 straight nationla champioships as the fighting Artists,, wow thats lame i cant believe they were allowed to do that,, thats schools like 70 years old
and one lame *** class changes the name?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:28 AM #21
killakid

Yea Volleyball and Waterpolo reigns supreme.I dont exactly know how they decided to change it, all i know is presently we are the artists. Do u happen to know John Burns maybe?Good guy my neighbor.