What is the Deal with this guN! - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-22-2003, 05:05 PM #43
parisinflames7
Banned
 
parisinflames7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: the garden state
 has been a member for 10 years
Re: *

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott7d
Accuracy is ALL in paint/barrel match? so there is no way any gun can shoot different than another if they have the same paint and barrel? i dont even think thats true even if they have the same reg. Thats about as funny as people saying one gun cant shoot farther than another.
300fps=300fps
pressure consistancy is going to keep that even
paint roundness and barrel fit are the 2 biggest factors, theyre what control the spin on the ball, i guess barrel condition too
parisinflames7 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2003, 09:46 PM #44
showtime
Watch Out Now!!
 
showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: At the 50 shucka!!!
 has been a member for 10 years
i dont care what any SP haters say. The new Smart Parts Catalog says it all about the Nerve "...and you thought only Ferrai sold sex." "Patented eletronic firing (it's fast) Patented air flow (it's consistent) Patented barrel design (it's accurate) and Patented attitude (it's bad-***)." this gun has 20+ bps, low pressure air regulation, vision eye, built in lpr (self adjusting output pressure, pretty much a built in regulator), reverse polarity trigger, and a pin less bolt assembly. and i've heard a rumor only about 200 more than a 04 Shocker (that is including a freak and a maxflo 68/4500)
__________________
You just got bunk'd!!
showtime is offline  
Old 10-23-2003, 12:39 PM #45
not_manbot_revenge
 
 
not_manbot_revenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: what the hell
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by showtime
i dont care what any SP haters say. The new Smart Parts Catalog says it all about the Nerve "...and you thought only Ferrai sold sex." "Patented eletronic firing (it's fast) Patented air flow (it's consistent) Patented barrel design (it's accurate) and Patented attitude (it's bad-***)." this gun has 20+ bps, low pressure air regulation, vision eye, built in lpr (self adjusting output pressure, pretty much a built in regulator), reverse polarity trigger, and a pin less bolt assembly. and i've heard a rumor only about 200 more than a 04 Shocker (that is including a freak and a maxflo 68/4500)
just like how the catalog says that the impulse is the best thing ever.

are you really that gullible?
__________________
looking for ebladed/raced cockers and LCD and IR3 Angels for a trade....

AIM=angryjacks hit me up
not_manbot_revenge is offline  
Old 10-23-2003, 02:43 PM #46
emnm79
Banned
 
emnm79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
also.. that description fits MANY high end electros.. aside from the ****tarded patents and reverse polarity trigger, big whoop..
emnm79 is offline  
Old 10-23-2003, 04:25 PM #47
Sideshot
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Listen up. Can you honestly say the Impulse is a low end gun, the shocker isn't as accurate as cockers, and the Nerve is all hype and some delusion made by Smart Parts?
All of those and various other things that uninformed players who only see the lawsuit above all other things is bull crap. Fact is, Smart Parts makes some great guns. The Shocker is freaking accurate (ESPECIALLY the 2k2), the Impulse is fast, low matinence, accuarte, and inexpensive, and the Nerve WILL probably be all it's made out to be.
I don't care what you all say, just because that made a brilliant, ruthless rather Machievellian move doesn't mean they now hold the worst guns in the world. Just look at all the Impulse converts. Almost every guy at my field now, has dropped his Angel $1500 set up and got an $800 set up on the Impulse. In a matter of fact, Angel's are more rare at my field than mags now, because of all those converts.
All I'm saying is, just because they made a business move you didn't agree with doesn't mean they're the Anti-Christ, and it certainly doesn't mean they make bad guns, no matter how many times you all say it.
__________________
'Sideshot' - Frontline/Flanker
Team Renegade
------------------------------------
-Silver 2002 BKO-
ACI 14" Zero Gravity Combo Barrel,
8" Shocktech Drop, Chaos Chip,
ANS GX4 Reg, 68/3000 Crossfire,
Egg II
Sideshot is offline  
Old 10-23-2003, 04:56 PM #48
parisinflames7
Banned
 
parisinflames7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: the garden state
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Sideshot
, the shocker isn't as accurate as cockers,
yea i can say that because i know there is no difference between the type of guns but what kinda paint is in them, the barrel to paint fit, and the pressure consistancy, sure there may be differences varying from gun to gun if u go up to about 600fps, cuz thats the only place theyre going to show up. trust me on this one its been proven before.
parisinflames7 is offline  
Old 10-23-2003, 05:17 PM #49
not_manbot_revenge
 
 
not_manbot_revenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: what the hell
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Sideshot
Listen up. Can you honestly say the Impulse is a low end gun, the shocker isn't as accurate as cockers, and the Nerve is all hype and some delusion made by Smart Parts?
All of those and various other things that uninformed players who only see the lawsuit above all other things is bull crap. Fact is, Smart Parts makes some great guns. The Shocker is freaking accurate (ESPECIALLY the 2k2), the Impulse is fast, low matinence, accuarte, and inexpensive, and the Nerve WILL probably be all it's made out to be.
I don't care what you all say, just because that made a brilliant, ruthless rather Machievellian move doesn't mean they now hold the worst guns in the world. Just look at all the Impulse converts. Almost every guy at my field now, has dropped his Angel $1500 set up and got an $800 set up on the Impulse. In a matter of fact, Angel's are more rare at my field than mags now, because of all those converts.
All I'm saying is, just because they made a business move you didn't agree with doesn't mean they're the Anti-Christ, and it certainly doesn't mean they make bad guns, no matter how many times you all say it.
so you're telling me that the stock impulse is great? with FSDO, bolt stick, POS solenoid, no LPR, bad trigger frame, bad trigger, and a crappy barrel? the old shocker isn't a heavy, slow, bricklike beast, and also had FSDO and bad trigger frames? that the nerve will probably end up just like all the other products that SP has put out? shoddy and ill designed?
__________________
looking for ebladed/raced cockers and LCD and IR3 Angels for a trade....

AIM=angryjacks hit me up
not_manbot_revenge is offline  
Old 10-23-2003, 07:40 PM #50
kr8er
 
 
kr8er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: alabama
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by not_manbot_revenge
so you're telling me that the stock impulse is great? with FSDO, bolt stick, POS solenoid, no LPR, bad trigger frame, bad trigger, and a crappy barrel? the old shocker isn't a heavy, slow, bricklike beast, and also had FSDO and bad trigger frames? that the nerve will probably end up just like all the other products that SP has put out? shoddy and ill designed?
not all have fsdo,
tapeworm fixes bolt stick, even though 99 percent dont have it,
solonoid is just as good as any other,
dont need an lpr
trigger frame is just fine, u are just ****ing stupid
stock trigger bad? buy a blade
and the stock barrel is really good, alot better than others out there


ure just a dumb*** makin shyt up that sounds good, go **** yourself
kr8er is offline  
Old 10-23-2003, 08:29 PM #51
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***
 
imhungry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: OH - IO
 has been a member for 10 years
i will agree, angels r becoming a rare sight, but most of the people dropin thier angels r movin to timmies, ecockers and trixes. impulses r more of back up gun for a lot of guys i play w/. i would take an imp over an lcd though, unless the lcd is ACED
imhungry is offline  
Old 10-24-2003, 03:06 PM #52
parisinflames7
Banned
 
parisinflames7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: the garden state
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by not_manbot_revenge
so you're telling me that the stock impulse is great? with FSDO, bolt stick, POS solenoid, no LPR, bad trigger frame, bad trigger, and a crappy barrel? the old shocker isn't a heavy, slow, bricklike beast, and also had FSDO and bad trigger frames? that the nerve will probably end up just like all the other products that SP has put out? shoddy and ill designed?
sorry kr8er but manbot is right, all the 2k3's and 2k2 imps ive shot (most right out of the box) have had those problems.
parisinflames7 is offline  
Old 10-24-2003, 10:15 PM #53
not_manbot_revenge
 
 
not_manbot_revenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: what the hell
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by kr8er
not all have fsdo,
tapeworm fixes bolt stick, even though 99 percent dont have it,
solonoid is just as good as any other,
dont need an lpr
trigger frame is just fine, u are just ****ing stupid
stock trigger bad? buy a blade
and the stock barrel is really good, alot better than others out there


ure just a dumb*** makin shyt up that sounds good, go **** yourself
take any other solenoid used in any paintgun outside of electro spyders and such, and place it next to the impulse solenoid. now tell me what is different about the two...it's quite easy to see.

also you do need an LPR if you want low pressure, but i guess you impy owners like your ball busters, where'd you come up with this tapeworm and blade trigger things, we're talking about STOCK impulses something you guys seem to forget. the stock barrel is horrible compared to most stock barrels that decent guns are coming with now. nice try!
__________________
looking for ebladed/raced cockers and LCD and IR3 Angels for a trade....

AIM=angryjacks hit me up
not_manbot_revenge is offline  
Old 10-25-2003, 08:28 AM #54
parisinflames7
Banned
 
parisinflames7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: the garden state
 has been a member for 10 years
imps barrels really do suck compared to the barrels that angels and trixes and timmies are coming with now. even most after market cockers are coming with nice barrels
parisinflames7 is offline  
Old 10-25-2003, 11:16 AM #55
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***
 
imhungry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: OH - IO
 has been a member for 10 years
^^^ seriously, buy an orracle and u get one of the best barrels out.
imhungry is offline  
Old 10-25-2003, 01:39 PM #56
parisinflames7
Banned
 
parisinflames7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: the garden state
 has been a member for 10 years
the nexxus and eclipse and most evo cockers come with the ultralight i think now, the matrix comes with the matrix barrel wich is made by cp, as is the angel barrel
parisinflames7 is offline  
Old 10-25-2003, 02:43 PM #57
bushwhakersplinter
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: delaware
 has been a member for 10 years
i will say one thing and one thing only about the whole which gun shoots further debate. have you ever heard of inertia? it basically means that an object will keep moving in the same direction unless acted on by an outside force. well to break it down for yah the more mass the more inertia therefore an object with more mass will travel further once in motion than an object with less mass. air has mass so a high volume gun will put alot more air behind the ball thus giving it more mass thus making it harder to change direction by an outside force. that is why a suv rolling down a hill will take longer to stop than a skateboard. so all else being equall the higher volume gun will shoot further. anybody who beggs to differ go pick up a science book.
__________________
Evil
PMI
EMR
DW
GS
all rock my sox
bushwhakersplinter is offline  
Old 10-25-2003, 03:16 PM #58
parisinflames7
Banned
 
parisinflames7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: the garden state
 has been a member for 10 years
yea so a gun with more high flow parts will shoot further is what your saying? or is it more along the lines of 300fps=300fps
parisinflames7 is offline  
Old 10-25-2003, 08:51 PM #59
MrRidgway
 
 
MrRidgway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
I'm tired of all the debate on which gun shoots further then which, and I'm here to explain it to you people who obviously haven't taken or didn't pass high school physics.

For a projectile like a paintball coming from a gun there is only two factors affecting its trajectory, actually three. Velocity, angle, and height. A gun shooting at 300 fps will shoot the same distance as another gun shooting at 300 fps because gravity works the same on all objects, as long as the angle is the same. Gravity doesn't know if the paintball is being shot from a timmy, an angel, or an autococker, so the gun doesn't matter.

Grab your gun, and look at the mirror while you aim it. Most people have the tendency(sp) to look down the barrel to aim, but guess what, your angle is actually negative, thus shooting the paintball down at the ground. Practice pointing the gun at a positive angle, 10 maybe 20 degrees, so you get the accuracy you want and get more distance.

One more thing effects the distance of the ball, height. Think about it, if a 5'1" kid shoots a paintball gun at the same angle you do, and your 5'9", your paintball has more time in the air before gravity pulls it to the ground. Its basic physics.
MrRidgway is offline  
Old 10-25-2003, 09:14 PM #60
MrRidgway
 
 
MrRidgway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by bushwhakersplinter
i will say one thing and one thing only about the whole which gun shoots further debate. have you ever heard of inertia? it basically means that an object will keep moving in the same direction unless acted on by an outside force. well to break it down for yah the more mass the more inertia therefore an object with more mass will travel further once in motion than an object with less mass. air has mass so a high volume gun will put alot more air behind the ball thus giving it more mass thus making it harder to change direction by an outside force. that is why a suv rolling down a hill will take longer to stop than a skateboard. so all else being equall the higher volume gun will shoot further. anybody who beggs to differ go pick up a science book.
I beg to differ, because your reasoning is flawed. First, your post is filled with an explanation of inertia, and all over it it says DIRECTION, not DISTANCE. Two totally different things.

When you shoot a paintball out of your gun, the pressure your shooting at does not, let me repeat, DOES NOT in any way change its mass, at all, period. Anyone who thinks that is an idiot and deserves to be shot. Even if it did, gravity acts the same on ALL objects NO MATTER THE SIZE! Drop a text book to the ground with a single sheet of paper on top, and I swear to you they will both drop at the exact same speed.

If your reasoning is taken into affect, which it should'nt be, and everything is exactly the same from a paintball gun except the mass of the paintball, the paintball with less mass will go FARTHER, why do you ask? Newtons Second Law of Motion, where Force=Mass x Acceleration. So, Acceleration= Force/Mass. Since everything is the same, the paintballs will stay in the air the exact same time, but since the one paintball has more mass, its acceleration is less, which means the paintball with less mass will travel FASTER, therefore getting it FARTHER.

The car and the skate board is a totally different situation. The objects aren't effected by gravity, why do you ask?? Newton's third law of motion, that's why. The Force of Weight, or gravity, of the objects is being nullified by the road it's on. For every force being exerted on an object there is an equal and opposite force being exerted on the object. The only reason the objects slow down when they reach the flat surface at the bottom of the hill is because of friction, and hey, guess what, AIR and the GROUND are both the friction forces at work!

I have just proven everything you have said to be utterly wrong, please, if you beg to differ, go take a physics class!

Last edited by MrRidgway : 10-25-2003 at 09:17 PM.
MrRidgway is offline  
Old 10-25-2003, 09:27 PM #61
parisinflames7
Banned
 
parisinflames7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: the garden state
 has been a member for 10 years
thanks mr. ridgeway, CASE CLOSED
parisinflames7 is offline  
Old 10-26-2003, 01:56 AM #62
Horger
Drunk and Actin' a FOOL!
 
Horger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boothwyn, PA
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by not_manbot_revenge
just like how the catalog says that the impulse is the best thing ever.

are you really that gullible?
he's not even a gullibull, he's a gullicalf.
__________________
Rocking the LED.

Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=309973
Horger is offline  
Old 10-26-2003, 07:38 AM #63
bushwhakersplinter
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: delaware
 has been a member for 10 years
i said the amount of air put behind the ball with change mass, and my skateboard suv thingy was a bad description. if an object is accelerated to 300fps with a mass of 21g then it will travel farther than an object accelerated to 300fps with a mass of 10g.
__________________
Evil
PMI
EMR
DW
GS
all rock my sox
bushwhakersplinter is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump