Advertisement
Old 07-23-2003, 09:35 PM #23
Jdaswat1988
Banned

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by PBX
where can i find pics of the nerve
funny... there's pictures in THIS forum...
Old 07-24-2003, 02:06 PM #24
Absolution

Smart Parts is simply trying to over-hype this marker that is still in RnD like they do with everything else.

oh yeah, the impulse is a low end electro.

MY FEEDBACK
Old 07-26-2003, 03:48 PM #25
weston

weston is a Supporting Member
absolution y are yall so anti sp they are not ruining the game in any way they are a business they are tryin to make there business better!! it won't have much of an effect on ur life it is not the end of the world! you will just have to pay more $ for guns with electronic switches what maybe $20 get a job who cares!!
Old 07-26-2003, 03:53 PM #26
weston

weston is a Supporting Member
oh yeah, strange uses a low end gun ya but they are a pro team and do really well with them. i own an impulse shoots great smaller lighter than most timmys/ i also own a timmy and the impulse cant shoot as fast but every gun has goods and bads it all depends on your playing style or who sponsors u!!!

oh yeah, low end gun $1150 i think the strange imp is on sale look how cheap these guns are
Old 07-29-2003, 10:50 AM #27
Scott7d
Oooh, Jesuth Christh!!

Annual Supporting Member
Scott7d is a Supporting Member
Scott7d is a founding member
Scott7d donated to help Peyton Trent
Scott7d supports Bob Gurnsey
Scott7d supports our troops

Accuracy is ALL in paint/barrel match? so there is no way any gun can shoot different than another if they have the same paint and barrel? i dont even think thats true even if they have the same reg. Thats about as funny as people saying one gun cant shoot farther than another.
"Originally posted by protomatrix101: Scott7d- What you said to A-5 Best will probably help me out to, so thank you for your advice."
Old 08-04-2003, 10:02 AM #28
Absolution

i was going to respond with a counterpoint...but you said "y are yall" and i think that's too damn innocent to say something back to. I hate being a softie

MY FEEDBACK
Old 08-12-2003, 04:43 PM #29
Janq
Who Shot Ya?!

The new design '04 Shocker is out.
I've held it in in my hand at my local shop just last Monday.

Its very small (abouth the same form factor as a Colt 45 minus the hopper elbow) and its lighter than a GZ (!).

The model my shop has is sky blue (nice) and it runs for $1049 including a AA and new MaxFlo 68/4500! A good deal I'd say.

- Janq

Excalibur #441 / Max Flow 68-45 / Empire ReLoader / Deluxe Freak Kit
Tippman M98C / RT Trigger / 'Double Trigger' / Smart Parts On-Off with Anti-Siphon / aluminum LAPCO 'Bigshot' / 12v Revy
2K2 WGP Autococker / upgraded with a CCM 'Sniper II' pump-kit / Full Freak / 12v Revy w/X-Board
Old 09-24-2003, 04:13 PM #30
Drewba13
holy cow, its brian fow!

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackOmegaPBall
Low end? How many pro-teams do you see shooting impulses? Im talking X-Ball and Pro division here. They are high end guns or so many pro and x-ball teams would not be shooting them. Yes, I know those teams are sponsored and paid to shoot the guns, but they wouldnt shoot a low-end gun even if they were paid. Trust me, they arent being paid as well as Bad Company is to shoot the spyders. I moved from angels (just cuz they have a low resale right now does not mean they are not at the top of the heap) to impulses because the impulse fits my style of shooting more comfortably than does the angel. With the right internals it is an INCREDIBLE gun. I love mine, they are both great.
Just a public service announcement *steps off the soapbox*
dude you have NO point...any company sponsoring an Xball team isn't going to give the members the choice to shoot them, THEY MUST. And i'm sure bad company doesnt get paid any more/less to shoot a lesser gun, they tear it up regardless.

Quote:
oh yeah, strange uses a low end gun ya but they are a pro team and do really well with them. i own an impulse shoots great smaller lighter than most timmys/ i also own a timmy and the impulse cant shoot as fast but every gun has goods and bads it all depends on your playing style or who sponsors u!!!

oh yeah, low end gun $1150 i think the strange imp is on sale look how cheap these guns are
weston-a pro team is a pro team is a pro team. If you give them a fast gun with an eye, they will shoot up everbody. Perfect example-tippmann effect, most of these guys are still using regular tippmanns with revvys.
Old 09-27-2003, 03:54 PM #31
kr8er

Quote:
Originally posted by Llama08
1: mag is smaller
2: cocker is more accurate then imp, nerve, and shocker combined.

stupidsmart parts always thinking that cuz it comes in a box wih little target on it, it must be the best gun in the universe.

cockers arent more accurate... moron
Old 09-27-2003, 03:57 PM #32
kr8er

Re: *

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott7d
Accuracy is ALL in paint/barrel match? so there is no way any gun can shoot different than another if they have the same paint and barrel? i dont even think thats true even if they have the same reg. Thats about as funny as people saying one gun cant shoot farther than another.
paint/barrel/consistency, there arent any more factors, and if there are some magic factors we dont know about, how bout you name them?

and one gun can shoot further than another at the same FPS unless there is backspin on the ball (flatline)
its simple physics, if they are going the same speed when they come out, does gravity or air resistance really care which gun they came out of?
Old 10-07-2003, 09:03 PM #33
emnm79
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Llama08
1: mag is smaller
2: cocker is more accurate then imp, nerve, and shocker combined.

stupidsmart parts always thinking that cuz it comes in a box wih little target on it, it must be the best gun in the universe.
ugh.. you somehow know how accurate a nerve is, yet it is still in rnd...

oh yea.. thats exactly smart parts logic behind making great guns... who let you in on that secret?
step 1: little target logo
step 2: box
step 3: good gun!!

the one thing you said that may be true.. the mag is smaller.. but you forget about that big... soda can size front grip, and.. how gay mags are..
Old 10-08-2003, 01:42 PM #34
TeamDescent

Quote:
And i'm sure bad company doesnt get paid any more/less to shoot a lesser gun, they tear it up regardless.
Wow I lost all respect for you right there. BC gets a lot more for shooting the AMG's.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:09 PM #35
MrRidgway

Some where I read that the new technology in the nerve would really be quite interesting, but don't quote me on it because I might have been reading about another gun.

Supposedly, the computer chip inside the gun will be able to measure how fast the ball is being shot out the barrel, and can also compensate for any differnece in weather, etc., to keep it at the same fps, and to bring one of the most consistent shots available in paintball, brought to you once again by technology.

That is one of the very big reasons the price tag is a little higher then the shocker.

Last edited by MrRidgway : 10-08-2003 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-09-2003, 04:04 PM #36
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

its basiclly an impulse 2. it hs all the crap on the outside inside w/ a few new thingies. don't waste ur time waitin for it, get a trix or an ecocker, they will prolly end up ownin the nerve neway
Old 10-09-2003, 06:48 PM #37
TeamDescent

Hoorah, another totally uninformed opinion.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:45 PM #38
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

yea, no really. my budy anthony messed with the prototype when he went t the SP factory to get his 2k3 shocker workin right. he said the thing he messed with was basiclly an impulse. i can almost garuntee u it was just something they threw together get ideas. seriously though, it won't be out for a long while still
Old 10-16-2003, 06:23 PM #39
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
Ydna is BST Trusted
yeah, it works just like the Impulse, what else is new? So do the bob Long guns and the Bushmaster...all stacked open bolt blow backs. The difference si the Imp comes with junk internals, the Nerve dosen't. if you want to buy a private labe Impulse then you mind as well get the Nerve. Does that make it bad? no.

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Old 10-16-2003, 06:28 PM #40
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

never said it made it bad, just saying its nothing that to new and exciting
Old 10-16-2003, 06:37 PM #41
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
Ydna is BST Trusted
well all I know is I can walk it at 18 bps, when Vision comes out we'll see what happens. Of course I realize you can do that with other trigs too, not the point.

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Old 10-21-2003, 07:23 PM #42
veronasdead

thank you all for making me dumber by reading that... heres the deal, the nerve shoots the ball like an impulse, but with totaly different electronics, thats all, but the fancy electronics will make it more consistent, thus more accurate beacause you can get more shots going the same speed, therefore the same distance, and as with all of the newer electros it will of course have more bps under its belt cause shooting fast is what makes players good now adays, not to mention it looks pretty sexy from the pics in the smart parts catalog i got today

www.air-powered.com

anyone from around philly need a back man? aim me