PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-23-2007, 01:25 PM #1
Cracker Jack

has been a member for 10 years
Reviving an Old Friend

I got a red/ black twister 2.2. I've had it for a couple years(bought from Kytracker, is he still around posting and such) anyway i got it out yesterday to just put air in it and see if it works and it was awesome. I remembered a buddy put a proto spring on the trigger and the thing almost goes full auto just from recoil of gun itself. Anyways, i want to check out the gun and revive i guess you would say. So here spec
-68/4500 PE tank
-05 mac dev gladiator
-old mac dev sonic lpr
- moded valve
-fury chip(no eyes)
-halo

What would be the best setting for this gun(eye delay and such on the furychip) b/c honestly i don't know effects and what eye delay and all that stuff is and does. I do remember the last time i used to play consistently with this gun, it was horrible on air. That' why i got a dm3.What would be good pressure to run and how would i go about setting the hpr and lpr when i don't have any gauges except the gauge for hpr on the ASA. Appreciate any input.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:08 PM #2
shiftycastro30 (Banned)
Tribal/AKA/Palmer monger

shiftycastro30 is a Supporting Member
Kytracker somewhat retired from the Tribal scene , I bought everything he had.
Glad your going to try to stick with the Tribal.

As far as your questions.......i would say if there is no eyes set-up on it just turn the #7 dip switch off.
As far as the air goes ... you can turn #6 dip switch off and that will give you a 14 ms dwell...any lower dwell you need a morlock , warlord, chaos (boards) then you can get as low as 6-8 ms dwell.
The dwell you will have to see what works with your regs..... I have seen down to 8 ms to as high as 18 ms. Just check if 14 or 18 which works for you.

I never did like the sonics but I will give you a step by step, for you to get the desired air consumption. The lpr being set right is what makes consistancy.

1) Since you have the gauge on the HPR set it around 250
2) Turn the LPR all the way down
3) Air up the gun and pull the trigger 2 times every second
4) As you are doing #3 ^^ slowly turn the LPR up until it cycles reliably
5) Give it another 1/4 turn and your LPR is set
6) Set the HPR to the desired velocity
7) Let sit about 10 minutes and shoot again
8) If first shot drop off happens give the LPR another 1/4 turn

Then you should be done..... Hope that helps....
shiftycastro30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:15 PM #3
Cracker Jack

sweet, thanks shifty.You bought ALL his stuff. i wanted his black milled twister. I loved going to tourney's with him and seeing what new things he had done to a tribal. He is a great man. Helped me a whole lot.

what exactly is dwell?what does it control or whatever?
Any suggestions on some upgrades?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:53 AM #4
shiftycastro30 (Banned)
Tribal/AKA/Palmer monger

shiftycastro30 is a Supporting Member
Dwell is how long the valve stays open..... You seem to have a good handle on things as far as all the upgrades.
shiftycastro30 is offline   Reply With Quote