Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Which layout should we use?
2007 MAO 19 28.79%
2007 LAO 8 12.12%
2007 RCO 3 4.55%
2007 Chi-town 36 54.55%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2007, 01:25 PM #610
trooper46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dymium View Post
Some of the squeeges and rakes used to clean off the field were broken. I'm looking into this problem.
those things fall apart all the time.

RUSSIAN LEGION LOVE CLUB MEMBER #6
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LOVE
trooper46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2007, 01:35 PM #611
pntbal4life33
Sudden Impact

pntbal4life33 plays in the PSP
pntbal4life33 is an NCPA player
pntbal4life33 plays in the APPA D3 division
that stuff problay got broken because the refs kept leaving stuff on the field, i saw a squeege and rakes left inbounds a number of times, along with the extension cord that the ref would lazily throw half behind the dead box and leave the rest in the way of the players
Saint Mary's Minnesota... We are recruiting
pntbal4life33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:40 PM #612
trooper46

now thats a bit different. i have used those large pvc things many times and some times they just fall apart.

RUSSIAN LEGION LOVE CLUB MEMBER #6
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LOVE
trooper46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:05 PM #613
bluedevils0017

bluedevils0017 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach_house View Post
It does happen though....anyone remember last years stinger tourney...The roll to the back center?
That was one of the best incidents I've witnessed in paintball history.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:17 PM #614
Apierevolutionist

Apierevolutionist is an NCPA player
Apierevolutionist plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by dymium View Post
Some of the squeeges and rakes used to clean off the field were broken. I'm looking into this problem.
don't look too far into the problem, i looked at them early in the day and they were broken. i remember mentioning it to my teammate
Apierevolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:41 PM #615
DFritz512
Get On My Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendel_2 View Post
My main problem with the refs was our loss against Winona State (who advanced ahead of us after a 506 point tie after 8 games because they beat us in this game). In the temple closest to the spectators, after I walked off the field I was told by several people that we had shot a player in the temple, and the entire audience saw it (including the judges box directly overhead) and the player wiped it and was called clean by a ref despite everyone yelling at them. We couldn't get our score changed, because we were told it ultimately came down to the ref. Thats such a joke, we lose our spot in the finals to a team that cheat to beat us. Ultimately, I don't really care, it would have been fun to advance, but whatever. I just want to see an appropriate amount of refs on the field such that if every spectator can see a wipe, a ref is also there to see it. 9 is simply not enough.
None of our players would wipe paint on purpose. I also think that its kinda funny how you, or no one from UofM, came up to us to talk about that or even bring it up to our captain untill 5 hours later when you found out we we had tied scores and that we would move on because we beat your team.

Last edited by DFritz512 : 11-16-2007 at 04:43 PM.
DFritz512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:46 PM #616
DFritz512
Get On My Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckhead09 View Post
Uhh no, thats why refs are refs, and players on the sideline are not. If the ref didnt see it, it didnt happen. Other wise whats to stop you from gathering like 10 of your buddies on the sideline and screaming at the refs that all of their guys started early? Hell youd win every game that way and wouldnt have to complain about the refs
couldn't have said it better myself

DFritz512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:26 PM #617
Joey Nagle
Activation

I was watching a video on youtube of University of Michigan, about 5:20 into the video there is footage of a ref raking paintballs off the field during a game. This could be a reason they missed calls. Just thought it was pretty funny to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8NYz--1EXQ

Last edited by Joey Nagle : 11-16-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Joey Nagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:31 PM #618
timgrant_69
#1 Stunna

timgrant_69 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendel_2 View Post
My main problem with the refs was our loss against Winona State (who advanced ahead of us after a 506 point tie after 8 games because they beat us in this game). In the temple closest to the spectators, after I walked off the field I was told by several people that we had shot a player in the temple, and the entire audience saw it (including the judges box directly overhead) and the player wiped it and was called clean by a ref despite everyone yelling at them. We couldn't get our score changed, because we were told it ultimately came down to the ref. Thats such a joke, we lose our spot in the finals to a team that cheat to beat us. Ultimately, I don't really care, it would have been fun to advance, but whatever. I just want to see an appropriate amount of refs on the field such that if every spectator can see a wipe, a ref is also there to see it. 9 is simply not enough.
I think you are exagerating the amount of people who said he was hit, and you also did not try and fight it with the refs after the game BEFORE your team signed the score sheet. I don't want to start an argument on pbnation about this matter especially since I have nothing against you guys at UofM, and a couple of us guys play with Rob from your line. And from what I understand what happened is he felt a ball hit his beanie, whether it bounced or broke we won't know and when he put his hand up to see if there was paint, he felt nothing. I highly doubt he made a wiping motion as none of us are going to blaitently wipe a hit and Asian would have been right there as well as another ref. I heard nothing about this situation until at the end of prelims when it was brought up after we were tied.
timgrant_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:12 PM #619
aka2kaa
Not a 2k3'r

aka2kaa is a Supporting Member
aka2kaa supports Team VICIOUS
aka2kaa is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by timgrant_69 View Post
I think you are exagerating the amount of people who said he was hit, and you also did not try and fight it with the refs after the game BEFORE your team signed the score sheet. I don't want to start an argument on pbnation about this matter especially since I have nothing against you guys at UofM, and a couple of us guys play with Rob from your line. And from what I understand what happened is he felt a ball hit his beanie, whether it bounced or broke we won't know and when he put his hand up to see if there was paint, he felt nothing. I highly doubt he made a wiping motion as none of us are going to blaitently wipe a hit and Asian would have been right there as well as another ref. I heard nothing about this situation until at the end of prelims when it was brought up after we were tied.
I was one of the guys from MSU mankato who was right there watching that game, he got hit in the head off the break, and he never wiped it but you could see paint in his beenie, everyone was yellin at the refs to check it, first they checked someother dude (standup can) and then finally they checked him, Poorly (didnt see obvious hit). I just wanted to say that I was there and say this go down and he defentally didnt wipe but that ref sucked *** at seeing that/ checking him.

Old Feedback: 43+ 0- 12 High end gun deals 100% 328+ eBay

aka2kaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:47 PM #620
Apierevolutionist

Apierevolutionist is an NCPA player
Apierevolutionist plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Nagle View Post
I was watching a video on youtube of University of Michigan, about 5:20 into the video there is footage of a ref raking paintballs off the field during a game. This could be a reason they missed calls. Just thought it was pretty funny to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8NYz--1EXQ

it was a crappy slide but it caught a good move made by me at the first minute mark
Apierevolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:42 AM #621
Bobman7
Jewcifer

Bobman7 is a Supporting Member
Bobman7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bobman7 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bobman7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka2kaa View Post
I was one of the guys from MSU mankato who was right there watching that game, he got hit in the head off the break, and he never wiped it but you could see paint in his beenie, everyone was yellin at the refs to check it, first they checked someother dude (standup can) and then finally they checked him, Poorly (didnt see obvious hit). I just wanted to say that I was there and say this go down and he defentally didnt wipe but that ref sucked *** at seeing that/ checking him.
for the record the refs aren't supposed to listen to what anybody says from the sidelines. Pretty sure about that anyway.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:46 PM #622
dymium
Joe R.

Annual Supporting Member
dymium is a Supporting Member
dymium plays in the PSP
dymium is an NCPA player
dymium plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman7 View Post
for the record the refs aren't supposed to listen to what anybody says from the sidelines. Pretty sure about that anyway.
This is absolutely correct, unless there is an official on the sideline watching for this stuff, which doesn't make too much sense as an on-field official can usually see better than off-field. But I digress.

Team captains that gave me e-mails at the event: if you did NOT receive an e-mail from me last night, please PM me and let me know.
dymium is offline   Reply With Quote