PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-18-2007, 04:18 PM #1
LarryCFOA
da man

Change of Date for November PBC 3Man

PBC 3Man Fall # 4 has been rescheduled for November 10th at all PBC parks. Due to the overlapping event dates of CFOA XBall #5 and the PBC 3Man Fall # 4, this change has become necessary.

November 10th - PBC 3Man Fall #4 at all PBC fields.
November 17th & 18th - CFOA XBall #5 at PBC Sports Park Charlotte.

I apologize for any hardships this change of date might bring.

Larry Motes
CFOA

larry@thecfoa.com
336-510-8451
LarryCFOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2007, 04:31 PM #2
Brodum
Cosa Nostra

Brodum plays in the PSP
Brodum plays in the APPA D2 division
thanks larry....
Brodum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:06 PM #3
malikowski
AHC - I move chickens.

malikowski plays in the APPA D4 division
Lauren's Hope just got pwned.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:48 PM #4
Animositykidz13
.:ANIMOSITY:.

Animositykidz13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Animositykidz13 plays in the APPA D4 division
Animositykidz13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Animositykidz13 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
he is gonna change it agian watch lol
GravityXP.com
Animositykidz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:56 PM #5
elfwoo2

elfwoo2 is a Paintball photographer
elfwoo2 plays in the APPA beginner division
not.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:50 PM #6
Animositykidz13
.:ANIMOSITY:.

Animositykidz13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Animositykidz13 plays in the APPA D4 division
Animositykidz13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Animositykidz13 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ok? why would he wouldnt do that
GravityXP.com
Animositykidz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:51 PM #7
LarryCFOA
da man

Hopefully this change won't hurt the Lauren's Hope event. That was not the intent of changing the date. When the date was planned last winter, we just had no idea of how many players would participate in both PBC 3man and CFOA Xball. Between players, refs, and PBC staff, thats alot.

Happy BDay Julie!
L
Old 10-18-2007, 10:52 PM #8
Brodum
Cosa Nostra

Brodum plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryCFOA View Post
Hopefully this change won't hurt the Lauren's Hope event. That was not the intent of changing the date. When the date was planned last winter, we just had no idea of how many players would participate in both PBC 3man and CFOA Xball. Between players, refs, and PBC staff, thats alot.

Happy BDay Julie!
L
careful with the b-days larry.....might be time to throw u another surprise b-day!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:10 PM #9
BoSsFaCtOrY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodum View Post
careful with the b-days larry.....might be time to throw u another surprise b-day!!!
LMAO Very Tru!!
Old 10-19-2007, 01:10 AM #10
JoshPB2X
Capture the Impact!

has been a member for 10 years
JoshPB2X is a Paintball photographer
JoshPB2X donated to help Peyton Trent
JoshPB2X is playing at Living Legends VI
WHY do I have to keep reminding you people how dangerous a "wallerin'" can be? You just can't afford to take that chance.

This has been a public service announcement.
JoshPB2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:16 AM #11
elfwoo2

thanks larry
Old 10-19-2007, 06:28 AM #12
extremeimage81

WOW. I don't care what ya'll say. That's just NOT cool putting the 3-man on top of the Lauren's Hope event. So screw one event to better another. I'm all about playing any event but I'm more about helping people in need. Remember there is so many people who can't play paintball like us or get meds or get treatment without help from others. So it is so important to get as many teams as we can to these charity events. The more teams that show the more help to these people in need. Now a date has changed to better fit the 3-man and cheats the Lauren's Hope. There are many other dates you can choose from. You could move the date after the x-ball event or the week after that. It just does not have to be on top of a charity event. I have played some of the 3-man events but this time I will be at the LHCE to help in any way I can. I can play a 3-man event any time but the LHCE is only once a year. Just my opinion. Not cool

Last edited by extremeimage81 : 10-19-2007 at 06:45 AM.
extremeimage81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:01 AM #13
PMRfury

^ A little drastic, but I agree with the principle his comments are based on.

Lauren's Hope being such a big part of the CFOA really underlined the reason it is different than other tournament series; the focus on the players and the community.

This is really a slap in the face of that (albeit a slight and understandable one).
Old 10-19-2007, 02:00 PM #14
elfwoo2

Just because you dont have anything going on those other weeks, doesnt mean paintball central doesnt. they already have an event going on the weekend after xball. they have to do what fits with their parks schedule and the tournament series schedules. paintball central themselves dont go to laurens hope, therefore the weekend was free for them. that is the ONLY saturday in november avalible for their 3man, so thats how it is.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:10 PM #15
extremeimage81

Hey man that's cool. Like I said just my opinion that's all.
extremeimage81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:57 PM #16
DeadBodyMan
Pricedollaz

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
DeadBodyMan is a Paintball photographer
bummer for the LHC event conflict hope alot of teams come and show up to play with the pros that are coming.

LHC>3man for that day.

I beat women, they call me daddy.
DeadBodyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:36 PM #17
rdwarrior

Hi everyone,
I just want to try to put a calming voice up here about the overlap of the 3-man PBC tournament and Laurens Hope.

Teams, play whichever tournament you prefer. We wont be angry or feel any bad feelings if you prefer to play the 3-man. Sometimes things just happen that cause tournaments to overlap. It is no biggie. There is no need for anyone to get angry or upset. We did not begin organizing the Laurens Hope tournament 4 years ago to cause bickering or worse. Now with having said that, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and to voice that opinion. I am just asking that everyone show some restraint if you feel strongly about this subject.

The way we look at it, even if we only have a few teams show up, that will still be more money for the Laurens Hope Foundation then they had before the tournament to fund the research to hopefully find a cure for the Sanfilippo Syndrome.

Do what you feel is right for your team, and we will all go home happy afterwards.

regards
Ron Green

Oh, btw, I forgot, for those who are interested in Lauren's condition, she has been having major seizures the past couple weeks. They are doing a ct scan to try to figure out what if anything they can do to control them. Dr Andy and Cindy do plan on bringing Lauren to the tournament for about 2 hours on Saturday the 10th, dependent on what the doctors say about her current condition. Dr Andy asked us to pray for all the children, not just Lauren, who are suffering from Sanfilippo syndrome and other terminal illnesses.

Last edited by rdwarrior : 10-19-2007 at 10:02 PM. Reason: updated information
rdwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:53 PM #18
Brodum
Cosa Nostra

Brodum plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeimage81 View Post
WOW. I don't care what ya'll say. That's just NOT cool putting the 3-man on top of the Lauren's Hope event. So screw one event to better another. I'm all about playing any event but I'm more about helping people in need. Remember there is so many people who can't play paintball like us or get meds or get treatment without help from others. So it is so important to get as many teams as we can to these charity events. The more teams that show the more help to these people in need. Now a date has changed to better fit the 3-man and cheats the Lauren's Hope. There are many other dates you can choose from. You could move the date after the x-ball event or the week after that. It just does not have to be on top of a charity event. I have played some of the 3-man events but this time I will be at the LHCE to help in any way I can. I can play a 3-man event any time but the LHCE is only once a year. Just my opinion. Not cool
honestly the 3mans don't hit on much man....and most the tems that play them probably wern't even considering going to LH in the 1st place...cool that u disagree with the dating and that u want to help....but wouldnt it just be better if you showed how u felt by not going to the 3man and hitting up the LHCE???
Old 10-19-2007, 10:15 PM #19
PBJohn

I agree with Brody. The 3man and LH tournaments will be alright attendance wise IMO because a lot of the more experienced players don't play 3man anyway. You look at the PBC numbers and most are Beginner teams. I don't see either event suffering as a result of the scheduling conflict.

Some of the rookie teams may argue that they have to skip one or the other event. I know some teams play 3man rookie and are skipping the last PBC event to play LH. The regional event is why most opt to play 3man events anyway and if you played well the first 3 events, your team should be okay for the regional event in December. Again, just my opinion.
PBJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:28 PM #20
LarryCFOA
da man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJohn View Post
I agree with Brody. The 3man and LH tournaments will be alright attendance wise IMO because a lot of the more experienced players don't play 3man anyway. You look at the PBC numbers and most are Beginner teams. I don't see either event suffering as a result of the scheduling conflict.

Some of the rookie teams may argue that they have to skip one or the other event. I know some teams play 3man rookie and are skipping the last PBC event to play LH. The regional event is why most opt to play 3man events anyway and if you played well the first 3 events, your team should be okay for the regional event in December. Again, just my opinion.
Finally somebody has got it right.

The CFOA staff, CFOA refs, Josh and myself have been nothing but supportive of Laurens Hope for 3 years now, for anybody to try to make this 3man change of date as some sort of attack against Laurens Hope is just ridiculous.

L
Old 10-19-2007, 11:05 PM #21
dstier
Where are my Allen Keys?

dstier is a Supporting Member
Hey, if the field is going to be short on Beginner teams, we'll just have to get the "Gridlock Mom's" to enter a team too.

I'm sure all the events will be great...have fun and enjoy wherever you end up playing!

-Daddy Don
dstier is offline   Reply With Quote