Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-11-2007, 12:00 PM #1
PaintballTourney2

2007 MPS Event #5 - October 20/21 - PB Club Of Choctaw - OK

The Official Thread for MPS Event #5 has been started on the MPS Player's Forum.

The direct link to the Official Details for Event #5 is... http://paintballtourney.com/forum/vi...?p=41224#41224

The direct link to the Official List of Teams Playing Event #5 is... http://paintballtourney.com/forum/vi...?p=41225#41225

TO THE MODS OF PBNATION... IF I AM AGAINST THE RULES IN POSTING THE FORUM LINKS ABOVE, PLEASE PM ME AND I'LL TAKE THEM DOWN. I AM PROMOTING THE EVENT, AND NOT THE FORUM/WEBSITE.

At event #4, Mark from KEE Action Sports and I were able to discuss Series Prizes for this season. What we've discussed is Paint Sponsorships, Halo Sponsorships, and Clothing Sponsorships for the 2008 season along with the Air Field being given away for Level 2. We can't mention how much we are giving away yet as far as paint cases because it all depends on Event #5, but what I can tell you that the total paint sponsorship alone, between all levels, will be around $8000!!!. This number may go up if a lot of teams sign up and register for event #5. The total retail value of all the Series Prizes being given away is around $15,000 currently... again, that may go up as well if event #5 explodes with teams. So get registered for event #5!!!

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2007, 09:26 AM #2
PaintballTourney2

Teams are being listed daily! If your playing this event, let me know so I can get you added!

Dan
Old 09-19-2007, 09:24 AM #3
PaintballTourney2

Another team listed for Level 3! If your not on the list, and your playing.... please contact me and let me know what level your playing and your team name.

Dan
Old 09-20-2007, 06:20 PM #4
PaintballTourney2

I'm working on the prizes... I hope to have something posted early next week sometime.

Dan
Old 09-24-2007, 10:29 AM #5
PaintballTourney2

Some of you have noticed that the Series Website hasn't been updated yet since the last event. Thanks for checking and I promise that I'm working on it. My new dog (yes, the one I already paid $200 for) chewed up my wire that connects my camera to my computer. I've gone to several stores already looking for a replacement chord and none of the stores carry this chord! I'm using my last resort which is bringing my camera to my work and asking the IT department to get the pics off the camera somehow. I'm going to try that today and if that works, then I'll get the website updated tonight.

Also on the prizes, I think my KEE salesperson had to go to KC for the NPPL event because I haven't been able to get in touch w/ him over the weekend. I wanted to get prizes figured up early this week, but because of NPPL, it may be later in the week.

Thanks for your patience.

Dan
Old 09-24-2007, 02:22 PM #6
PaintballTourney2

Below are the prizes we are currently looking at for Event #5. Some of these may change depending on what KEE has in stock at the time of the event.

These prizes are based off 15 paid teams for L2 and L3, and just 10 paid teams for L4. If we get less than these required # of teams, the prizes will adjust accordingly.

Don't forget to contact me if you playing so I can add your team name to the list!!!

Dan

Level 2 (With 15 Paid Teams)
(5) First Endeavor Quest Markers
(5) Pure Energy 68/4500 Nitrogen Tanks
(5) Empire Reloader B2
(5) Empire Unity Skitzo Gear Bag
(5) Empire Event Goggles
(5) Invert Jerseys

Level 3 (With 15 Paid Teams)
(3) Invert Mini's & (3) Pure Energy 68/4500 Nitrogen Tanks
(3) Empire Reloader B2
(3) Empire Unity Skitzo Gear Bag
(3) Empire Event Goggles
(3) Invert Jerseys
(3) Invert Harness 3+2

Level 2 (With 10 Paid Teams)
(3) Invert Mini's
(3) Empire Reloader B
(3) Empire Heater Backpacks
(3) Invert Jerseys
(3) Invert harness 3+2
Old 09-26-2007, 10:58 AM #7
PaintballTourney2

I recommend that all players visit the MPS PLAYERS FORUM.... Especially today

You only have 18 days from today (September 26th) to get your entry $$ in before the amount increases.... which is October 14th.

Dan
Old 09-27-2007, 09:55 AM #8
PaintballTourney2

several new teams have been listed since yesterday... is your team listed?
Old 10-01-2007, 01:09 PM #9
PaintballTourney2

up... under 2 weeks left to register before the amount goes up!
Old 10-02-2007, 08:41 AM #10
PaintballTourney2

Just 11 days after today to get your entry in!! Come on guys, I want to give away these prizes, but we need more teams! If your playing and your not on the list, let me know ASAP!

Dan
Old 10-03-2007, 12:13 PM #11
PaintballTourney2

Another NEW team added to Level 3!

10 days left to get your registration in before the amount increases

Dan
Old 10-04-2007, 09:43 AM #12
PaintballTourney2

Just 9 days remianing....

Quote:
Entry:
Level 1 = $200 Per Team ($250 if paid after October 13th)
Level 2 = $240 Per Team ($290 if paid after October 13th)
Level 3 = $140 Per Team ($170 if paid after October 13th)
Level 4 = $110 Per Team ($150 if paid after October 13th)
Quote:
Register:
- To register your team, visit http://www.midwestpaintballseries.co...eryourteam.htm
- Discounted Entry deadline is by 11:50 PM October 13th, 2007
- Final Entry deadline is by 6:00 PM October 17th, 2007
- Each team must submit a Team Registration Form and Payment before September 5th to be considered a "Registered Team". (No money will be accepted the day of the event for registration)
- Payment can be done either by Check, PayPal, or Credit Card.
- You DO NOT need a PayPal account to pay using your Credit Card through the PayPal website.
- Payments using your PayPal account or ECheck/Credit Card through the Pay Pal website will incur a $7 fee for Levels 1 and 2, and a $3 fee for Levels 3 and 4
- The Team Registration Form is available at www.paintballtourney.com/mpsteam.htm
- All Players are required to fill out a 2007 MPSID form. Visit, www.midwestpaintballseries.com/MPSID.htm
- If your profile is already listed on the TEAM DIRECTORY, then you do not need to fill out a 2007 MPSID form.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:58 AM #13
PaintballTourney2

If you DO NOT see your team name listed below, then you have not contacted me and let me know you playing.

If you are playing in this event, please email at paintballtourney@cox.net and let me know your team name and Level

Quote:
Official List of Teams Playing Event #5:

Level 1 5Man Open Class:
1) Reagan's Army
2) High Performance
3) Need this many teams to have this Level

Level 2 5Man Rookie:
1) Reagan's Army
2) B.S.C.
3) T-Town Hereos
4) T-Town Villians
5) Air Capital Kidz
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15) Need this many teams to give away prizes as indicated in Event Details

Level 3 3Man Beginner:
1) Under Achievers
2) SWAT Army
3) Retribution
4) CFH
5) Karnage Disco Inferno
6) Kick'n Army
7) Team Atari
8) Guns 4 Hire
9) OKC Predators
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15) Need this many teams to give away prizes as indicated in Event Details

Level 4 3Man Newbie:
1) Henchmen
2) F5
3) JC NRG
4) No Mercy (Paid In Full)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10) Need this many teams to give away prizes as indicated in Event Details
Old 10-08-2007, 05:19 PM #14
PaintballTourney2

Another team added to L3!
Old 10-08-2007, 05:55 PM #15
PaintballTourney2

2 more teams added to L2!!
Old 10-08-2007, 07:26 PM #16
PaintballTourney2

another for L3.... that is 12 for that level. Need just 3 more to give away the prizes in the event details (provided these 12 that are listed end up playing)

L2 teams, where you at??

If any of you L3 and L2 teams know of any newbies that want to start playing tournament paintball, have them get registered for L4.

Dan
Old 10-12-2007, 04:49 PM #17
PaintballTourney2

COME ON TEAMS... ! SUPPORT THIS SERIES AND PLAY THIS EVENT! I WOULD HATE TO MAKE THIS A 5 EVENT (OR POSSIBLY A 4 EVENT) SERIES NEXT YEAR BECAUSE THE EVENTS TOWARDS THE END OF THE SEASON DIE DOWN. PLEASE DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN.... THE FUTURE OF THIS SEARIES DEPENDS ON YOU!
Old 10-13-2007, 12:05 PM #18
PaintballTourney2

This email is calling to all Paintball Teams from Oklahoma. Did you know that the Midwest Paintball Series is coming to your state in just 1 week? It isn't too late to register a team for this event. You have till Wednesday October 17th by 6pm to register!!

This event has averaged over 45 teams between the last 4 events (2 events in Kansas and 2 events in Missouri)... .however, this event coming to Oklahoma only has 25 teams signed up so far. Please don't let the Oklahoma Event be the lowest event of the year! Hank with PCOC and I are asking for any teams in Oklahoma to step up and support this series and support paintball in Oklahoma and consider playing this event.

The future of the MPS coming to Oklahoma in years to come depends on the success of this event. Please consider playing this event if you can. All the details on this event can be found at www.MidwestPaintballSeries.com

thanks,

Dan
Old 10-17-2007, 09:56 AM #19
PaintballTourney2

Just a heads up... L2 currently has 5 teams listed. Only 4 of those 5 are considered "Paid Teams" for prizes. I need at least 1 more paid team to register and pay by 6pm tonight or else L2 could get cancelled. With 4 paid teams, there wouldn't be enough budget to purchase prizes needed to make that level worth while. However, if I get at least one more paid team... then I can afford to do the Quests for the top prize because of the deal that KEE is offering.

Hank from PCOC is trying to recruit some L2 teams, so I'm hopeful he'll pull through. Cancelling L2 is the last thing I want to happen... so if you are a L2 team considering to play in this event, then contact me ASAP!

If L2 does get cancelled, those teams who paid will receive full refunds and those teams who paid will receive Series Points based on their average score over the past 4 events.

If L2 does get cancelled, then I'm going to contacting the four L1 teams about playing on Saturday rather than Sunday. If there is a single L1 team that can't play on Saturday, then we'll proceed with playing on Sunday as scheduled... it will just be a short day for everyone.

If your an L1 team and you read this post, please contact me at paintballtourney@cox.net with your team name and a Yes or a No to the question of, "Can your team play on Saturday if L2 gets cancelled?"

The final announcement will be made sometime tonight on the MPS Player's forum on if L2 gets cancelled so please keep checking that forum.

As far as prizes.... Below are the updated prizes based off our team count for event #5. As you can see, with 11 paid teams in L3 and since L4 has only 5 paid teams, I had to take the original prize package down to the top 3 places in those two levels.

L4... Because of the disappointment of the prize package from some of the teams from event 4 , I'm paying the extra $$ out of my own pocket to give you guys the Minis this event. I can't afford to do that every event, but this event I am able to.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

L1 with 4 Paid Teams
- Winning team gets $650 Cash

L2 with 5 Paid Teams
- (5) First Endeavor Quest Markers
- (5) Pure Energy 68/4500 Nitrogen Tanks
- (5) Empire Ultimate Gear Bags

L3 with 10 Paid Teams
- (3) Invert Minis
- (3) Empire Reloader B2
- (3) Empire Ultimate Gear Bag

L4 with 5 Paid Teams
- (3) Invert Minis
- (3) Empire Avatars
- (3) Invert Harness 3+2
Old 10-17-2007, 01:55 PM #20
PaintballTourney2

If you haven't been on the MPS Player's Forum, then you may not have heard that L1 is being played on Sunday for sure. I had a team that would have to drop out if it got changed to Saturday... so Sunday it is as originally planned!

Another option for L2 teams if L2 gets cancelled.... is play L1!! I've already been told by one L2 team that they would like to play L1 if L2 gets cancelled. The more teams we have playing L1... the more the cash payout will be.... OR I can possibly give merchandise away as prizes (Like the Quests among other things). Merchandise as prizes will be a better payout once those items are sold versus the cash pay out as prizes.

L2 teams who decided to play L1 will still receive Series Points based on their average from events 1 thru 4 since playing L1 is not their level and could effect the outcome of the series.

If you are an L2 team and you would like to play L1 if L2 gets cancelled... drop me an email at paintballtourney@cox.net and let me know.

If you are an L1 team and you wouldn't mind receiving Merchandise Prizes in lieu of Cash Prizes (provided that some of the L2 teams play L1 and provided that L2 get cancelled) drop me an email at paintballtourney@cox.net and let me know. (Merchandise prizes TBD)

Again, I won't know if L2 gets cancelled until the cut off time (6pm tonight).

Keep posted to the MPS Player's Forum for updates... and don't forget to email me!
Old 10-17-2007, 04:51 PM #21
PaintballTourney2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballTourney.com

L2 with 5 Paid Teams
- (5) First Endeavor Quest Markers
- (5) Pure Energy 68/4500 Nitrogen Tanks
- (5) Empire Ultimate Gear Bags

CRAP! I accidentally miscalculated the budget when I figured the L2 prizes above. Truth be known, I compiled all the Levels together and figured prizes... and I forgot to include the $650 payout for L1.... So I actually need 3 more paid teams in L2 for that level to happen with that prize package listed above.

If I don't get those several teams by 6pm today... (just 1.5 hours away)... and the 4 paid teams end up playing L1, then I have come up with the following prize package:

(5) First Endeavor Quest Markers (Aprox $3250 payout if all are sold according to current MSRP)
(5) Empire Ultimate Gear Bags (Aprox $660 payout if all are sold according to current MSRP)
(5) Empire B2 Loaders (Aprox $650 payout if all are sold according to current MSRP)
(5) Empire Event Goggles (Aprox $450 payout if all are sold according to current MSRP)

This prize package is based on the fact that all the four paid teams end up playing L1. If a L2 team decides to NOT play L1, then the prize package will adjust accordingly.