PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-03-2007, 11:27 PM #1
006blackjack
cream

karnivore newb

well coming from another realm of guns i know my fair share.

but as always i dont want to ruin anything by being stupid.

ive read stickys i just want some info or "insight" on problems to look for with my karnivore.

also, will a couple drops of gold cup in the asa do me for lubing???
(never lubed a gun like this before)

thanks
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2007, 12:03 AM #2
eclipse06

no drops in asa cuz it will get in the cockin noid and thats not good. the cocker doesnt have all the same **** as other guns and im not trying to be condescending but if you knew about cockers you would understand why the oil wouldnt go in the asa. learn the path of the air and you would see it really wouldnt oil anything the right way.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:46 AM #3
shadoflame
i can pump 30 bps, no AT.

shadoflame owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse06 View Post
no drops in asa cuz it will get in the cockin noid and thats not good. the cocker doesnt have all the same **** as other guns and im not trying to be condescending but if you knew about cockers you would understand why the oil wouldnt go in the asa. learn the path of the air and you would see it really wouldnt oil anything the right way.
the cocking noid needs lubing also. wgp even says to drop some oil into the asa and dry fire.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:13 AM #4
Iram
Part time grammar nazi

Ignore Eclipse06 there. The recommended way to lube an autococker is to put a few drops of oil in the ASA every few cases of paint, and then cycle the marker (air, no paint or barrel) a few times to get the oil to spread out. Putting putting oil in your ASA also will not cause your tank to explode (though I'm sure one or two people will be by shortly to make that claim). Putting oil on the fill nipple of your tank WILL cause your tank to explode, so don't do that.

You can also lube your ram, but it's only needed if the marker starts feeling gritty. You do this by pulling the back block (to expose the ram shaft), apply grease to the ram shaft, and then work the ram back and forth a few times to spread it around. Depending on how much you shoot, you may never need to do this. I bought an abused Black Magic from a kid who shot a case every weekend for two years, and it needed the ram lubed.

Eclipse recommended that you apply some kind of spray on lubricant to the sear occasionally. You'd have to look up there website for more info, but I've never bothered and never had a problem as a result.

Bolt o-rings can also be lubed (grease), but I've never seen it make much of a difference. If you have an aluminum bolt, it will need to be oiled regularly, but the Karnivore has a delrin stock bolt, so you won't need to oil it.

Really, the most common problems with autocockers that you need to look out for is idiots tinkering with them. If it ain't broke, don't be trying to fix it. Just because Joe Smith on the interweb told you that boiling your ram in chicken soup will make the gun cycle at 30 bps doesn't mean you should go boil your ram. If it works, don't mess with it. 95% (or more) of autococker problems are caused by users trying to tinker who simply don't know what they're doing.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:15 AM #5
006blackjack
cream

very nice very nice.

so gold cup would be a good oil to use in the asa.

any others recommended.

and do i spread a very light amount on the orings of the bolt
Old 10-04-2007, 12:34 PM #6
nat

[quote=

Really, the most common problems with autocockers that you need to look out for is idiots tinkering with them. If it ain't broke, don't be trying to fix it. Just because Joe Smith on the interweb told you that boiling your ram in chicken soup will make the gun cycle at 30 bps doesn't mean you should go boil your ram. If it works, don't mess with it. 95% (or more) of autococker problems are caused by users trying to tinker who simply don't know what they're doing.[/QUOTE]

LMAO, made me gigle!
nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:45 PM #7
The Red Jester

For lubing the sear, go find someone with a motorbike, and use some chain wax or similar. I have only used Castol chain wax, and have had no problem with out squads cockers (Karni's and BM's).
As for adding lube to the ASA, 3 drops a day seems to work well, just remember to take the barrel out before firing 30 shots to distibute the oil.
It doesn't hurt to do this at the end of the day.
Occasionally I will add a drop or two to the bolt O ring.
The Red Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:25 PM #8
dbkid0486

ok dropping oil in the asa is th right way...gold cup is good...id reccomend AKA's lube as it is alot thinner....but i used gold cup until i fund out about aka.......id reccomed shooting thru the ASA every 3-4 cases of paint...however during routine maintenacne id flip the gun upside down and remove the main reg...with the marker upside down drop 2-3 drops of oil into the front block....then screw in the reg and gas it up...once its gassed up u can turn the marker around and then fire 10-20 shots thru it......this will keep your main reg from getting too gummed up....thats what i do and everything is fine with my markers....

ClosedBoltBallers
dbkid0486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:47 PM #9
Xadion

has been a member for 10 years
oil in the ASA is good for your reg and valve...but its alittle thin for your noid- so after awhile it may wash away your dow 32-type lube off your eblade/et al front noid- also your main valve (if you use the marker alot etc) will eventualy get gummed up and need to be cleaned usualy you relube it with dow 33..

general maint- normal gold cup etc oil in the asa is fine-- but you also should have some dow33 variant with you for the real breakdown and thourough relube jobs

--If you've mowed faces with a VM-68, put this in your sig.--
Xadion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:05 PM #10
006blackjack
cream

how often do you normally need to take apart the noid.

looks vary scary. lol
Old 10-04-2007, 05:57 PM #11
dbkid0486

ive been shooting cockers regularly for about 2 years now and havent touched one yet.....i hear theyre pretty reliable and hardly break

ClosedBoltBallers
Old 10-04-2007, 08:08 PM #12
006blackjack
cream

also.

does my karni have psp

or any other modes besides semi.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:02 PM #13
!BuNkEr!BuStEr!
Fort Knox :(

it depends on what the version fo the board is. e1 no, depending on the e2 verson yes or no.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:21 PM #14
006blackjack
cream

i have an e2.

if so how do i get there
Old 10-04-2007, 10:22 PM #15
!BuNkEr!BuStEr!
Fort Knox :(

if you open the frame on the right side theres a red button. click and hold it until the screen reads modes. click the middle button and use the buttons above to go through the modes.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:33 AM #16
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 006blackjack View Post
how often do you normally need to take apart the noid.

looks vary scary. lol
Not very often. I took mine apart once because it was leaking. I had ordered a new main gasket for it, but after taking the old one out - it looked okay, it was just a little dry. So I took the noid completely apart, and lubed every gasket and o-ring with Dow 33, put it back together, and it worked like a charm. It hasn't leaked since and I've probably shot 25 cases of paint since then. If you ever take it apart, just make sure you have the Eblade manual; for the pictures mainly - and make sure you don't rush it.

So the short answer is: don't take it apart unless it's leaking.

About the oil in the ASA thing - I wouldn't recommend 3 drops every day like some people mentioned. I use more like 2 drops every 4th day of playing. Using too much could wash away the Dow 33 in your noid and then cause leaks, not to mention it may gum up your ram.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg

Last edited by loneassassin : 10-05-2007 at 01:36 AM.
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:17 AM #17
006blackjack
cream

ok so i just took the karni out to shoot today.
before i did though i put it on factory fast.

at first the bolt would not go all the way foward and i realized i had my detent screwed in to far. FIXED

then it would on shoot like every 5 pulls with the eyes on.

so i turned em off.

then it shoots. still sketchly, not shooting on every pull. and i had one chop.

only shot about 20 paintballs.

IDK
Old 10-05-2007, 09:28 AM #18
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 006blackjack View Post
ok so i just took the karni out to shoot today.
before i did though i put it on factory fast.

at first the bolt would not go all the way foward and i realized i had my detent screwed in to far. FIXED

then it would on shoot like every 5 pulls with the eyes on.

so i turned em off.

then it shoots. still sketchly, not shooting on every pull. and i had one chop.

only shot about 20 paintballs.

IDK
Is it a brand new Karni? If it's used you may have to go through the whole gun and make sure everything is adjusted properly. I'd recommend reading the stickies here and going to the Moody paintball pages for step by step instructions.

The problem of only shooting once every 5 pulls sounds like the eye is not seeing the balls. First off, make sure you have a new battery in the gun. Check the eye sensitivity setting - it should be anywhere from 50% -75%. Also make sure the eye is clean - you can clean it by removing the eye cover, pulling out the eye, and wiping it down with rubbing alcohol.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:53 AM #19
dbkid0486

is the sear being actuated?? sometimes with karnis the trigger doesn't break the beam of the board and causes the gun not to fire...it has something to do with the extra milling they do to the karni trigger to make it a little lighter....

ClosedBoltBallers
Old 10-05-2007, 11:00 AM #20
006blackjack
cream

ya its def. triggering the sear because with eyes off it shoots on every pull.

idk
Old 10-05-2007, 11:29 AM #21
006blackjack
cream

karni was used but very slightly.

it was very dirty so i dissasembled wat i could and cleaned it.

everything was put back together fine except the overtightened detent, which is now fixed