Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-13-2007, 12:09 PM #1
PaintballTourney2

Calling for teams from Oklahoma!!

This email is calling to all Paintball Teams from Oklahoma. Did you know that the Midwest Paintball Series is coming to your state in just 1 week? It isn't too late to register a team for this event. You have till Wednesday October 17th by 6pm to register!!

This event has averaged over 45 teams between the last 4 events (2 events in Kansas and 2 events in Missouri)... .however, this event coming to Oklahoma only has 25 teams signed up so far. Please don't let the Oklahoma Event be the lowest event of the year! Hank with PCOC and I are asking for any teams in Oklahoma to step up and support this series and support paintball in Oklahoma and consider playing this event.

The future of the MPS coming to Oklahoma in years to come depends on the success of this event. Please consider playing this event if you can. All the details on this event can be found at www.MidwestPaintballSeries.com

thanks,

Dan
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2007, 02:13 PM #2
illusION_95
HK

we would play...but it interferes with cup so we cant
EGO7 LOOK
Old 10-14-2007, 11:40 PM #3
Ionthumper

Angry Why blame it on us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballTourney2 View Post
COME ON TEAMS... ! SUPPORT THIS SERIES AND PLAY THIS EVENT! I WOULD HATE TO MAKE THIS A 5 EVENT (OR POSSIBLY A 4 EVENT) SERIES NEXT YEAR BECAUSE THE EVENTS TOWARDS THE END OF THE SEASON DIE DOWN. PLEASE DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN.... THE FUTURE OF THIS SEARIES DEPENDS ON YOU!
Don't most series experience waning interest towards the end as fewer and fewer teams actually have a chance to win the "grand" prize.

Rather than blame Oklahoma teams why not ask where are the other 20 teams that played in the tournaments that had 45 teams in them? Were they unhappy with the series or did they realize they could not win the series and dropped out.

The new teams you are looking for face the same hurdle, they can't win the grand prize in the finals, all they can do is contribute to value of the final prizes. That is what you said, isn't it?

Old 10-14-2007, 11:44 PM #4
PaintballTourney2

You are right. No doubt I am wondering where the other teams are at. I heard today that Cottens event up in Harrisonville had to cancel... so I'm not the only event that is in a rutt this month.

I would like to add, this series (although the series prizes are nice this year) has focused on each event having nice prizes. With the low team count this event, those teams that do decide to play will have greater odds in winning the prizes for this event.

Dan