Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 10:40 PM #736
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

has been a member for 10 years
guys guys guys!

the gardners made the HUGE mistake of showing face in a public forum, ready to be openly mocked by anyone who knows enough to! theres just years and years of BS we can pile on them, and when they fail to respond ... well, then they have responded ...

time for the small bickering to stop, and time to make the gardners regret ever having showed face in there defense on PBN. they should have left there little minons to call us all bandwagoning SP haters, at least then Smart Parts can remain faceless durring the discussion.

c'mon people - let the public shaming continue!

still, above all else Smart Parts has tried to pull, i still get a chuckle about the magic box for automags ... nothing is a better example of total SP Bull **** than that! its just a box with two holes drilled in it!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2007, 10:42 PM #737
OneUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGardner View Post
Look guys, it is not so simple.
Mr. Gardner. I have another question for you.

How was that Smart Parts Magic Box ever supposed to work?

http://www.tyger.us/paintball/oldschool/sp/

How did it "reduce drag" in the barrel, for example? Can you send me a link to some test results?

Last edited by OneUp : 10-16-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:45 PM #738
AirSin2000
Tengoungato?

AirSin2000 supports Team VICIOUS
AirSin2000 posts videos on PbNation
AirSin2000 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by goats_896 View Post
When trying to "own" someone (as you kids call it), it is imperative to actually be correct on the point you're making. By perpetrating the same mistake that your opponent made, it makes you look dumb.

Also, there is nothing humorous about the sad state of education in the U.S.
And? I am far from dumb. I am sorry if I am not perfect.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:45 PM #739
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by goats_896;
Right.....got him on that point.

Moron.
Do you have something constructive to add?

custar
Old 10-16-2007, 10:47 PM #740
miplank

I didn't feel like reading his entire long winded post....but was he trying to say SP was a "family" business w/caring people w/values?

If so...then why did you put aka out of business? That was a Family business...the only reason you sued them was because at the time no one wanted to use your gay *** impulse...

Smart parts FTL

oh...and you guys are gay for even trade marking FTW...
Old 10-16-2007, 10:47 PM #741
AirSin2000
Tengoungato?

AirSin2000 supports Team VICIOUS
AirSin2000 posts videos on PbNation
AirSin2000 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneUp View Post
Mr. Gardner. I have another question for you.

How was that Smart Parts Magic Box ever supposed to work?

http://www.tyger.us/paintball/oldschool/sp/

How did it "reduce drag" in the barrel, for example? Can you send me a link to some test results?
lol.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:51 PM #742
BGardner

BGardner works for a Paintball manufacturer
The magic box is a perfect example of the dilemma I currently face. The magic box increased the size of the air chamber and lowered the operating pressure of the Automag. A generally excepted principal in today’s quality markers, low operating pressure equals better accuracy. A new concept at the time, and obviously not exactly accepted yet thousands of people purchased the magic box. I wonder why? Maybe it worked?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:52 PM #743
Fallout55
<(':')> Boo!!1

I wish I had one of those magic boxes, the logic is simply flawless, after all they are magic.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:53 PM #744
Fallout55
<(':')> Boo!!1

Quote:
yet thousands of people purchased the magic box. I wonder why?
Me to.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:53 PM #745
OneUp

Quote:
The magic box is a perfect example of the dilemma I currently face. The magic box increased the size of the air chamber and lowered the operating pressure of the Automag. A generally excepted principal in today’s quality markers, low operating pressure equals better accuracy. A new concept at the time, and obviously not exactly accepted yet thousands of people purchase the magic box. I wonder why? Maybe it worked?
But can you provide solid evidence that it did work? For example, perhaps you have a video of a mag not only running LP with the magic box, but running exceptionally well, and that video is inside the SP vault somewhere that you can upload to youtube?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:54 PM #746
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
still, above all else Smart Parts has tried to pull, i still get a chuckle about the magic box for automags ... nothing is a better example of total SP Bull **** than that! its just a box with two holes drilled in it!
Actually, it did have a function. If you were using CO2 and kept the barrel down (or maybe it was up) just before going to the chrono station, you could chrono within the field limits. However, playing with the marker in a normal orientation would allow the liquid CO2 in the Magic Box into the reg, resulting in higher FPS when it gasified. What was it the old-timers said? Something like, "by cheaters for cheaters". Some older guys can give me the correct appellation.

Quote:
But can you provide solid evidence that it did work? For example, perhaps you have a video of a mag not only running LP with the magic box, but running exceptionally well, and that video is inside the SP vault somewhere that you can upload to youtube?
With or without a Magic Box, the regulator on an Automag can't operate on LP. It's just not going to happen.

custar

Last edited by custar : 10-16-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:55 PM #747
BGardner

AkA had every opportunity to license, we did not put them out of business. The put themselves out of business.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:56 PM #748
OneUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
Actually, it did have a function. If you were using CO2 and kept the barrel down (or maybe it was up) just before going to the chrono station, you could chrono within the field limits. However, playing with the marker in a normal orientation would allow the liquid CO2 in the Magic Box into the reg, resulting in higher FPS when it gasified. What was it the old-timers said? Something like, "by cheaters for cheaters".

custar
but it still doesn't explain my question on how it can lower drag....
Old 10-16-2007, 10:56 PM #749
jjdustr340
My son will bunker you.

Annual Supporting Member
jjdustr340 is a Moderator
jjdustr340 is a Supporting Member
jjdustr340 posts videos on PbNation
jjdustr340 supports our troops
jjdustr340 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jjdustr340 is Legendary
Quote:
A new concept at the time, and obviously not exactly accepted yet thousands of people purchased the magic box. I wonder why? Maybe it worked?
Meh, thousands of people purchased the Corvair, the 1977 Ford Pinto, the Pet Rock, and the Edsel. All notorious failures.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:56 PM #750
OneUp

Quote:
AkA had every opportunity to license, we did not put them out of business. The put themselves out of business.
Oh boy, I'm quoting this before you edit it.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:00 PM #751
pbgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdustr340 View Post
Meh, thousands of people purchased the Corvair, the 1977 Ford Pinto, the Pet Rock, and the Edsel. All notorious failures.
So you think the ability to sell thousands if not millions of people a rock, is a failure.

This is why trying to explain business to the people on pbnation is futile...
Old 10-16-2007, 11:00 PM #752
OneUp

Quote:
Quote:
The publicly traded company is generally cold and uncaring as well as motivated by profits and their board of directors is more concerned about filing the proper paperwork with the SEC than determining the future of the business. The family business, on the other hand, makes decisions that make sense for the future of the business and its employees. Approximately fifty percent of the U.S. GDP is generated by these businesses, and most of these businesses are based on a strong set of values. Smart Parts sustainable advantage over the competition is good people; this may be the only sustainable advantage that exists in business. Good people do not follow leaders without values and do not follow the people you characterize in your posts.
So I guess that makes you the "cold and uncaring" publicly traded company, and not the one with good people.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:01 PM #753
BGardner

Obviously, you do not know how a regulator works. Automags that went liquid shot hot with or without a magic box, and the added area of the magic box did not add to the problem in fact the lower operating pressure reduced the problem. You know the two major factors affecting the CO2 state change Pressure and Temperature.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:01 PM #754
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent6 View Post
microsoft atleast doesnt hurt the computer industry. microsoft isnt stealing other companies' products and putting out other companies (as far as i know). and guess what. microsoft actually invents their own products!
microsoft wouldn't be where they are today if they hadn't stolen dos and windows 95

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
Old 10-16-2007, 11:01 PM #755
custar

Quote:
Oh boy, I'm quoting this before you edit it.
Actually, in the interest of full disclosure, SP did offer to license their (edited to be kind) electro patent to AKA. However, I've asked multiple times and no one from SP will confirm the licensing fee was reasonable by disclosing how much was asked.

custar
Old 10-16-2007, 11:01 PM #756
OneUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbgames View Post
So you think the ability to sell thousands if not millions of people a rock, is a failure.

This is why trying to explain business to the people on pbnation is futile...
The product is, the marketing is not.
Closed Thread

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.