[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd_shinobi View Post
Well some people can
Yes, some people can, with the assistance of an electronic board and a microswitch, yet the pnuemag has neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeTrevni View Post
Yeah, it's really not difficult. According to that lame Eclipse mouseclick tester, I can get a steady 12-14, with bursts of up to 18 (I've hit 21 once, but only once, so I don't count that. I was fanning the mouse and twitching, so it doesn't really matter anyway). I can safely compare the mouseclick thingy to a real trigger, because I find it easier to get a real trigger to speed than the mouse.
Thats not a very good test to see how you can shoot a trigger, I was getting 18 bps, then 34 bps when you hold down the shift button (acts like ramping). Also, that isn't a true test because its an electronic evaluation. We are talking about a mech frame, with an air assist trigger, similar in results but not quite as forgiving as a mouse button and electronic assistance. Anyone who says they can pull 15 bps or better on a mech is lying through his teeth or genetically gifted.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 02:32 PM #23
HgBlues

Alright, here's what I'm thinkin now. Think I wanna go pneumag, (cause i'm assuming its cheaper , if it's even available?), then if i wanna make this gun my primary, i'll go spyder mag or hyper frame. So, is anybody actually doint the pneumag mod, or is it basically just "do it yourself" atm? I'd prefer to have it all in the grip also...once again, i have the ult, x valve, intelli frame, side feed set up...?.....

great info here btw, thanks a bunch.

APX Agro Basic / Pro / Fyre
Deep South Paintball
HgBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:11 PM #24
bd_shinobi
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
Yes, some people can, with the assistance of an electronic board and a microswitch, yet the pnuemag has neither.

Thats not a very good test to see how you can shoot a trigger, I was getting 18 bps, then 34 bps when you hold down the shift button (acts like ramping). Also, that isn't a true test because its an electronic evaluation. We are talking about a mech frame, with an air assist trigger, similar in results but not quite as forgiving as a mouse button and electronic assistance. Anyone who says they can pull 15 bps or better on a mech is lying through his teeth or genetically gifted.
Some guy on youtube was pulling 16 on his pneu mag
Old 10-13-2007, 10:18 PM #25
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HgBlues View Post
Alright, here's what I'm thinkin now. Think I wanna go pneumag, (cause i'm assuming its cheaper , if it's even available?), then if i wanna make this gun my primary, i'll go spyder mag or hyper frame. So, is anybody actually doint the pneumag mod, or is it basically just "do it yourself" atm? I'd prefer to have it all in the grip also...once again, i have the ult, x valve, intelli frame, side feed set up...?.....

great info here btw, thanks a bunch.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...5&page=1&pp=30
G-Force is finally making a production P-Frame for mags. They are also going to be selling a vert ASA with the front port pre-drilled. All you have to do is buy an LPR and install it on the vert ASA, run the lp hose through the channel in the frame and connect it to the barb on the 2-way. Super easy. I'm planning on building a new mag around this frame when I start seeing vids and more info.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:15 PM #26
[NA]WARLORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd_shinobi View Post
Some guy on youtube was pulling 16 on his pneu mag
Ok, is it a stock mech ? Noooooo, its an air assist trigger. There's a big difference between an assited trigger and a stock mech trigger, isn't there ?
Old 10-14-2007, 03:23 PM #27
RogueFactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HgBlues View Post
RT is out of the question. Try taking your trigger bouncing RT into a sanctioned tournament and see what happens (make sure you have a back up gun). ...
Play the CFOA. As long as you can keep it from shooting more than 15bps(use a hopper that doesnt load more than 15 bps), the CFOA(a sanctioned tournament) allows mags with bounce.

E-mail Larry Motes or Josh Silverman. They run the CFOA, and both are mag shooters.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:14 PM #28
dixieoutfitter94
fat baller

you can get a boo-ya frame for it and they shoot 15 with like 5 fireing modes (im slling one )
dixieoutfitter94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:21 PM #29
ikey

well how much would a good spyder mag setup cost? cause like i said logic is what 450? for the logic frame, good trigger, predator baord, pnumatics and electronics. i think the beam break eye instal is additional cost though. but if you have lvl 10, then capp your rof so you dont sputter with lv 10 if your outrun your hopper, and if by change someting does occur lvl 10 will sputter and not break a ball.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:30 PM #30
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
idk how sensitive pnuemag triggers are but i know you can bounce them past 15. my friends older brother has a stock rt ule from agd and it bounces to 17bps over the chrono. he fans it so i know he isnt shooting. and some guy at my local field also has a a-5 that can chop paint like no other if he turns the trigger pressure up. he also has the gun running at 320 psi so that might be it.
but tourneys are the reasons i dont do mags anymore. getting pulled for bouncing on my emag was too much. and i loved my warp to death going from a emag + warp + egg to a trix and fasta theres a huge weight difference

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:35 PM #31
[NA]WARLORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
idk how sensitive pnuemag triggers are but i know you can bounce them past 15.
Pnue triggers dont "bounce" they are air assisted, but not like an R/T. Your thinking of the R/T effect where increasing the input pressure causes the trigger to become more reactive, i.e bounce.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:44 PM #32
yuik

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
dude the gun still has kick with pnuemag triggers no? and pnuemag triggers are really sensitive. so if i just leave my finger really close to it your telling me theres no way the recoil of a gun can shoot a pnuemag?

Old 10-16-2007, 05:52 PM #33
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
dude the gun still has kick with pnuemag triggers no? and pnuemag triggers are really sensitive. so if i just leave my finger really close to it your telling me theres no way the recoil of a gun can shoot a pnuemag?
No more of a chance than any electro on the market. I think you're misunderstanding what pneumags are.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
Old 10-16-2007, 06:44 PM #34
yuik

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
No more of a chance than any electro on the market. I think you're misunderstanding what pneumags are.
i definitly am. why dont you tell me the difference. all i thought they were was a gun with a separate air line off the asa that returned the trigger rather than the x valve doing that. so what do they do. now that i think of it i cant imagine how they could be different from any other rt gun... like in a rt the air helps the trigger return. and in a pnuemag this is the same no? theres got to be something im missing probably alot. anyone care to fill me in

Old 10-17-2007, 10:34 AM #35
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
i definitly am. why dont you tell me the difference. all i thought they were was a gun with a separate air line off the asa that returned the trigger rather than the x valve doing that. so what do they do. now that i think of it i cant imagine how they could be different from any other rt gun... like in a rt the air helps the trigger return. and in a pnuemag this is the same no? theres got to be something im missing probably alot. anyone care to fill me in
No no no no, that's how the Tippmann RT works. The Pneumatic frames simply use a ram to actuate the sear. Instead of pulling back on the sear, the shooter is pulling back on a 3-way valve. All this does is considerably lighten the trigger pull to the weight of an electro switch and eliminates bounce. Got it now?
#12 Italian Baller
-Václav Havel
Old 10-18-2007, 11:12 PM #36
yuik

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
yes!

Old 10-18-2007, 11:37 PM #37
heisman01

heisman01 plays in the PSP
heisman01 donated to help Peyton Trent
heisman01 plays in the APPA D3 division
hey hgblues look for me using my micro-emag for a few points here an there at the next cfoa Xball

Classic eclipse mag shooter
heisman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:51 AM #38
ikey

it can still have mechanical bounce that might not be fixable unless you adjust the trigger completely different. thats why for tourneys your probably going to need an electronically controlled mag to adjust these things. even then, you need curent software. like yuik said, your gonna get pulled for bouncing even with stock e mag software. change it to mech, thy got you for reactive. you gotta get corrent stuff with todays tourneys. not to mention if you wanna do some tourenys your gonna need firing modes.

and if you keep your mag current with aftermarket parts you can make any mag really light.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:28 PM #39
[NA]WARLORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey View Post
it can still have mechanical bounce that might not be fixable unless you adjust the trigger completely different. thats why for tourneys your probably going to need an electronically controlled mag to adjust these things. even then, you need curent software. like yuik said, your gonna get pulled for bouncing even with stock e mag software. change it to mech, thy got you for reactive. you gotta get corrent stuff with todays tourneys. not to mention if you wanna do some tourenys your gonna need firing modes.

and if you keep your mag current with aftermarket parts you can make any mag really light.
There is no bounce, bounce is only associated with electronic markers. Bounce is associated with the noise made by the marker whether its marker noise or associated to recoil. Since the pnuemags don't use a microswitch, then there isn't anyway it can bounce.

There is no R/T affect as the trigger is not connected to a sear. The R/T affect is between the on/off pin and the sear pin/rod, when higher psi is applied to the valve. Since the on/off pin now touches the solenoid, your not going to see any reactiveness in the trigger itself. See pics for better explanation:

The only thing pnuemaging does is lightens the trigger pull to that of an electro type feeling, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:09 PM #40
heisman01

heisman01 plays in the PSP
heisman01 donated to help Peyton Trent
heisman01 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey View Post

x mod 1.7 psp mode it doesnt matter if its got alot of bounce or not its still capped so it wont run away and as long as it can take a hit on the tank with out firing its all good

Classic eclipse mag shooter
heisman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:47 PM #41
HgBlues

Ok, I wanna make my mag a pneumag. I've watched the videos available, and that's what I wanna do. I have a ULE , ULT, X valve, Side feed, Intelli frame, setup. I need a list of the parts to do the mod, and where to get the parts. I like the lpr in the grip with the CP asa, and I'm aware I may have to mill the intelli frame (unless it wont work).

So, if one of you successful pneumaggers, can pm me the parts I need and where to gettem, I think that's what i'm gonna try out.

great thread btw.

APX Agro Basic / Pro / Fyre
Deep South Paintball
HgBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:14 PM #42
cocoloco

im going to build one some day
red E2 midblock#7 ,green ebladed miniblock ,blue rf autococker,mini merlin, E1 merlin,2old shockers,boyah automag,purlple sterling pump, ,micromag,black 02 cocker and mephisto tribal,03 shocker,
cocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote