PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-11-2007, 11:12 PM #1
HgBlues

has been a member for 10 years
Mags tourney ready?

So, seeing the "pgneumag" posts, and scattered remnants of the E mag posts, I still have a red side feed, ult, x valve, level 10, i frame, etc. etc. , mag sitting in a box, that i used in the first half of a tournament a few years ago , only to realize that it couldnt keep up with ANY of the electro's in the tourney world these days (and dont gimme the whole " look how fast my RT can bounce" story, cause that dont fly in tournaments). Now, I'm one of the VERY FEW players you'll see around tourneys these days still using a warp feed (just happens to be on my Alias for the past few years). Heh, I had young guys around the CFOA this year asking me what the heck that thing was on my gun.....but, anyway.....I'd like to use the red mag I have, if SOMEHOW, it could compete , or atleast come close, to the speed of todays 15.2 ramp modes alot of tourneys use.....

I'm wondering, is the technology there ? maybe with teh pneumags, or some other mod? or is my red mag gonna have to sit in the box a few more years?..

Fire away!

APX Agro Basic / Pro / Fyre
Deep South Paintball
HgBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2007, 12:22 AM #2
dyeforever
whoa nelly

Annual Supporting Member
dyeforever donated to help Peyton Trent
dyeforever helped look for balloons
i goin to be using mine in a upcoming tourney im entering. i did pneu it. somewhat my mag, for me, keep up with the new guns out there. but for serious tournament play i wouldnt use a mag.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:32 AM #3
Warwitch
Corvus corax

Your thread title should read:

Mags. Tourney Ready.

People are getting 18-19 bps from mech mags (rt) and an Emag will go toe-to-toe with any electro out there. Xmod software has all the modes and adj. you will need.

Reality is for people with no imagination

Last edited by Warwitch : 10-12-2007 at 08:34 AM.
Warwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:14 PM #4
HgBlues

RT is out of the question. Try taking your trigger bouncing RT into a sanctioned tournament and see what happens (make sure you have a back up gun). ...So, it looks like the best option is to get an E mag bottom half to go on my ULT mag?.....Really wasnt wanting to put the gargantuan E mag battery pack on my gun, and didnt wanna put another 400 bucks into an already 450 dollar gun just to make it half way competitive....

Deep South Paintball
Old 10-12-2007, 06:09 PM #5
viper-mayhem

Then go cheaper and do a spydermag with a Tboard and trigger job. Mill it for eyes and you'll be set with less than $200 into it.

http://sinisterops.com
viper-mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:13 PM #6
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HgBlues View Post
RT is out of the question. Try taking your trigger bouncing RT into a sanctioned tournament and see what happens (make sure you have a back up gun). ...So, it looks like the best option is to get an E mag bottom half to go on my ULT mag?.....Really wasnt wanting to put the gargantuan E mag battery pack on my gun, and didnt wanna put another 400 bucks into an already 450 dollar gun just to make it half way competitive....
Is 20 bps fast enough for you? Try a Hyperframe with the 20 bps board. You already have a ULT in our valve per your marker description, so you should be fine without a Centerflag on/off. You can pick up a 20 bps Hyperframe for less than $200.00 and avoid the large battery pack of an e-mag.

custar
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:32 PM #7
viper-mayhem

^^^That's even a better idea but again, put a tboard and mill for eyes and now you will be just as fast as any other highend electro.

http://sinisterops.com
viper-mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:17 PM #8
bd_shinobi
Victim

Pneumag it, you wont need batteries
Old 10-12-2007, 10:01 PM #9
cocoloco

how can you cap a pneumag? 15bps
red E2 midblock#7 ,green ebladed miniblock ,blue rf autococker,mini merlin, E1 merlin,2old shockers,boyah automag,purlple sterling pump, ,micromag,black 02 cocker and mephisto tribal,03 shocker,
cocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:04 PM #10
Legumeofterror (Banned)

your not pulling more than 15, so dont worry...
Legumeofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:33 PM #11
the1antichrist
Paintball Sams ref Stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
Is 20 bps fast enough for you? Try a Hyperframe with the 20 bps board. You already have a ULT in our valve per your marker description, so you should be fine without a Centerflag on/off. You can pick up a 20 bps Hyperframe for less than $200.00 and avoid the large battery pack of an e-mag.

custar
where can u get a 20 bps hyper frame? i thought they were only 13 bps with 10 bps ramp. if a 20 bps hyper frame is out there, would like one
paintball pagan club#7
~~Official Paintball Sams PBN Thread
My New MINI
Dont live your life with a cross in your hand playing follow the Leader.
Follow your own Path.
the1antichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:30 AM #12
bd_shinobi
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legumeofterror View Post
your not pulling more than 15, so dont worry...
Well some people can
Old 10-13-2007, 01:14 AM #13
DeTrevni
Going fast with class!

Yeah, it's really not difficult. According to that lame Eclipse mouseclick tester, I can get a steady 12-14, with bursts of up to 18 (I've hit 21 once, but only once, so I don't count that. I was fanning the mouse and twitching, so it doesn't really matter anyway). I can safely compare the mouseclick thingy to a real trigger, because I find it easier to get a real trigger to speed than the mouse.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:07 AM #14
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1antichrist View Post
where can u get a 20 bps hyper frame? i thought they were only 13 bps with 10 bps ramp. if a 20 bps hyper frame is out there, would like one
The 13 bps Hyperframe was the first gen, the second gen had 20 bps and full auto capabilities. There is one on ebay as we speak with a Scenario Dreams T Board and its uncapped, for 225.00.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:18 AM #15
the1antichrist
Paintball Sams ref Stewie

sweet. only thing is im using my recently accuired 200 dollars to steal an emag away from my buddy. its missing the charger and needs a power tube tip but i can get all that for free. i think im robbing him. 200 for an e-mag?plus access to x-mod softwear? thats a steal.
paintball pagan club#7
~~Official Paintball Sams PBN Thread
My New MINI
Dont live your life with a cross in your hand playing follow the Leader.
Follow your own Path.
the1antichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:41 AM #16
ikey

pnumag will be fine for local semi tournies...but if you need really good anti bounce and rof capping stuff you need electronics. the cheapest way to go would be to get an e mag and put a new, better baord it in that actually has some decent, up-to-date software. if you really wanna be up to date in terms of the whole gun, logic ultimate frame with beam break eyes. granted, that whole install is about 500+, but that really would put a mg up against any gun on the market without any diadvantages at all.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:21 PM #17
HgBlues

So, will the bottom half of an E mag fit my current ULT/X valve gun? or is that a different set up? I'm trying to salvage this brand new side feed ULT that i've shot maybe half a case of paint thru, but i cant step on the field with something that wont compete.

Deep South Paintball
Old 10-13-2007, 01:07 PM #18
ikey

what level are you playing? are we talking local tournies where it doesnt matter? o like major tournies where rof caps, etc are needed? if your gun doesnt bounce, and you can get 10+ bps easy, you will be fine with a pnumag or something like that. maybe a ULT with a short walkable tigger.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:16 PM #19
Mind'sEye
Mad Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by HgBlues View Post
So, will the bottom half of an E mag fit my current ULT/X valve gun? or is that a different set up? I'm trying to salvage this brand new side feed ULT that i've shot maybe half a case of paint thru, but i cant step on the field with something that wont compete.
For the Emag set up you'll need an Emag on/off pin and a quad o-ring. Check the AGD site for the exploded Emag view. If you go Emag lowers be sure it's a ULE frame. That'll save weight, and be sure it comes with a working charger. That'll save headaches and money. If you already have the ULT on/off in your X valve the above Hyperframe on Ebay is a good deal with frame, T board and Luke Customs blade trigger, cheaper than good Emag lowers will run.
Mind'sEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:44 PM #20
HgBlues

Thanks Mind'sEye, I'll keep my eye on that. Yea, I ordered the ULT/X valve gun a few years ago, but shelved it half way thru a tourney when I realized it couldnt keep up.

Ikey, any local tourneys I play, I play advanced division and usually psp rules, other tourneys (which aren't much these days) are like CFOA type tourneys. We won the rookie CFOA this year, where I played 2 of the events due to my schedule, and I shot my Alias timmy with infamous board. I'm not bailing on it, i'm just lookin to do something with this mag thats collecting dust.

So it looks like the Hyperframe deal is the way to go for me, eh...

Deep South Paintball
Old 10-13-2007, 01:57 PM #21
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

I use a spydermag made by lukes customs with a tboard in it. I am also planning on building a pneumag that I want to use in the NEPL. Basically either pneumag it or make it electro if you want to compete. If you want to use it in a ramping tourny like PSP or NXL, then put some kind of electro frame on it whether it's a spydermag mod, emag lowers, hyperframe, etc. If you want to use it in a semi only tourny like NPPL or NEPL, then all you need is a pneuframe mod.

Btw, I just ordered my VerC tboard, I CANT WAIT!!!! I will be sure to post ample vids and pics, especially with the new laser eyes.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote