PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-13-2001, 10:29 PM #1
JeffO

has been a member for 10 years
Talking

I have in the past used KC's or Gold Cup oil for my Matrix.......after adjusting my Rhino reg I had a small leak which sounded like it came from between the grip frame and body. I could not make it go away no matter taking out the internals and putting them back in etc. Finally I found out the problem (and the reason I believe that Airtech reccommends using Shocker grease..aka Dow 33) The Gold Cup oil was not swelling the o-rings enough to seal them. I actually used lithium grease which is something a local guy reccomended....worked great! I will let you know if there are any problems with this later on down the road.

JeffO
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2001, 07:26 AM #2
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

mr_mich is a Supporting Member
i heard that dow 33 is sticky and slows down the bolt though...would hoppes 9 work?
Old 05-14-2001, 10:04 AM #3
TheFauxKing
EVIL OVERLORD

TheFauxKing is a Supporting Member
The latest I heard was Judy Butter (not to be confused with 'Judy Spoo'... that's something you want to avoid from a prostitute named Judy in Ontario) Mine came back greased up with some super-lube of some sort that nobody seems able to find here in the states. You basically need sandpaper to get it off your hands afterwards! LOL But it'll almost liquify when you're really wailing on the gun for awhile and returns to an almost gel-like state as soon as it cools. Supposed to be great stuff and the Judy Butter is supposed to be a reasonably close second to that.

Or so "they" say...

* There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
AVISO: No coloca en la boca ni recto
The Evil Overlord and Evil Enterprises, Incorporated do not condone the abuse of homosexuals, the elderly or of children. We donít really care about baby seals, though. The opinions expressed by the Evil Overlord are not necessarily those of PbNation.com and/or their sponsors. (Non-Member Non-grata: Gay Nazis for Christ)
Old 05-15-2001, 12:28 AM #4
Jaysun
Team Bohica

I have been using Judy Butter for the last month, with no problems at all. If you cant find it anywhere, just go into a local bike shop, and ask them for bike shock grease. Its almost like Dow 33, but not as sticky.
I was told to use Judy Butter by my friend who works for Diablo. Gold Cup, or oil is just too light.

Jaysun
Tournament Chip
Shocktech D/F -Chrome
88/4500 MaxFlow
12" Dye Boomstick