PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-10-2007, 06:17 PM #22
Hisse

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigwldr View Post
Pump X-Ball....That would be fun to watch and to play. 50 round cap per point and play to the best of 7 points.
I would think you'd need more than 7 points for pump xball with the speed pump games move at. I know I'm playing a pump x-ball tourney in a bit less than a month so it should prove to be interesting. No paint cap but it's still pump only(3-man format xball light though)
Hisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2007, 09:13 PM #23
D3AGL3_PBALLER
CN's Finest

D3AGL3_PBALLER posts videos on PbNation
D3AGL3_PBALLER has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
D3AGL3_PBALLER has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
D3AGL3_PBALLER has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Xball lite is weak. I say either go all out Xball or dont do Xball. Maybe shorten the halves, but dont have a point cap. Half the fun of Xball is watching a team get smashed 24-0 for an hour! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 01:29 PM #24
Beaux
Capt. of Pumpenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggles
I could see a division at world cup, but not a year long division. Of course you'd probably see a lot of players jumping in because of price and thinking it won't be the same level of competition as semi divisions, but who knows.
I'd support a pump division at the Commanders Cup. I don't think we (Pumpenstein) could commit to year long schedule. Must of us are either ex-NPPL players and we quit doing the hard core travel schedules (family, life, etc.) or are still active NPPL players or Techs. Getting Pumpenstein to all the events would be very difficult.

A singular, high profile event would be a great boon for pump. Especially since most pump players aren't hard core tournament types. It would give a great opportunity for people to make it an destination instead of just an event.

As far as paint companies not noticing us. That isn't true. I'm know that Archon definitely knows that pump play is around and they support us big time. The main problem is, there just aren't the numbers of pump players out there...yet.

Sponsors:
Tank's Paintball | pumpleague.com | HRL

My PBNation Feedback
Beaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:26 PM #25
CCM CHICK

CCM CHICK works for a Paintball manufacturer
CCM CHICK donated to help Peyton Trent
I think the fact that there is even a thread re: pump in NPPL is a step in the right direction. It comes down to the simple fact of money generated. If the powers that be think they can make some cash, then they'll give it a second look. Then the responsibility fall on the pump community, if the event is done then we need to make sure we have teams to play, no matter where they are from. I hope to one day see a pump division in NPPL. Pump players are the best in my opinion!
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:38 PM #26
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

eh, i have come to the conclusion that none of the major legues care one bit about paintball, not even to mention pump paintball. of course there are exceptions, but they arn't NPPL, or COFA or anything like that. they wanna sell what they have, and they want to sell you what they have been paid to sell you. its just a marketing machine. and the companies that pay the bills for these leagues call the shots.

i dunno. i would be cooler if it was just one event, once a year. not a season wide thing. i think pumpers would be more willing to drop the cash and all head to one place once a year rather than play there local stuff, and a couple of NPPL events close by. thats just me
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:39 PM #27
CCM CHICK

CCM CHICK works for a Paintball manufacturer
CCM CHICK donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
i dunno. i would be cooler if it was just one event, once a year. not a season wide thing. i think pumpers would be more willing to drop the cash and all head to one place once a year rather than play there local stuff, and a couple of NPPL events close by. thats just me
There is always SPE!!
That was more fun than you could shake a stick at.... PLUS, you get a chance to meet very cool "pump" people and see all their custom projects and just have a good time playing! Another small bonus is that it is centrally located in Ill. so it's not like everyone has that far to travel. Just some food for thought!
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:50 PM #28
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
There is always SPE!!
That was more fun than you could shake a stick at.... PLUS, you get a chance to meet very cool "pump" people and see all their custom projects and just have a good time playing! Another small bonus is that it is centrally located in Ill. so it's not like everyone has that far to travel. Just some food for thought!
i know, but until im done with school, both SPE and FPE are just at terrible times, like the weekend before finals and such. just terrible timming. OSC was a bad weekend this time around too. need more events int he summer, when i got money, time and have been playing alot more.

personally, castle or pump pandemonium are probably more likely gigs than SPE. even when they are farther away
Old 10-11-2007, 04:27 PM #29
tigwldr
Chaos

Annual Supporting Member
tigwldr is a Supporting Member
tigwldr is playing at Living Legends VII
What is SPE and FPE?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:36 AM #30
danbob1088
succisa virescit

danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
Spring Pump Event and Fall Pump Event. Pump only weekend events with speedball, woodsball, etc help in Ill.

flickr
danbob1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:57 AM #31
tigwldr
Chaos

Annual Supporting Member
tigwldr is a Supporting Member
tigwldr is playing at Living Legends VII
Where are they usually located at?
Old 10-12-2007, 03:36 PM #32
tom_222

tom_222 is a Professional paintball player
SPE is in McLean, Ill. near Bloomingtom/Normal.
FPE is in Milstad, Ill. near St. Louis.
tom_222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:08 PM #33
Pyrate Jim

Interesting thread so far.
But from what I see, most people are interested in seeing pump only tournies or at least pump divisions in larger tournament leagues.
Why is that?
I mean, why limit yourselves?

I play mostly pump, and done a fair amount of tournaments. Finding the two together has been rare, to say the least. I'm older now, and no longer interested in having to compete but I still enjoy a speedball format. The local tournaments I occasionally play in I find others who are willing to use pumps and just enter, even if we're the only pump team. Sometimes we do pretty well.
I realise that local tournies aren't NPPL, but there's a lot of unrecognised talent out there and competition is just as fierce.

So I say, if you're serious about using pumps in competition, then what the other team is shooting should not matter. Enter your pump team in an open format and play against the electros. Blowfish was mentioned, and nobody would know their name if they waited around for pump-only tournaments.

Now THAT would show the producers of bigger leagues something that would make them think about it. You don't have to come out on top, but show them first that you WANT it bad enough to DO it even against the odds.

Program your own format, Lead by example.
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:04 PM #34
dumberkid06
GATproducts.com

ya i mean why bother with a pump division when u can play against semis?
Old 10-13-2007, 01:35 AM #35
pballLover
M9nofG0d

pballLover is a Paintball photographer
it is way better to have your own division.... this is only my opinion..... you can feel the atmosphere that you have your own league and diff division. and awesome players will be recognized...... i wanna see those pump player to have their own magazine article and etc.....
NEVER BE AFRAID TO TRY SOMETHING NEW. REMEMBER AMATUERS BUILT THE ARK, PROFESSIONALS BUILT THE TITANIC
pballLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:41 AM #36
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

well, its mainly cause all i ever play against already are semis ...

i would like these events simply bcuase of the community. you gotta go and meet the poeple you talk to at 1:30 in the morning when you have to be on an advisory commity the next day

playing against pumpers is scaryer for me, honastly. im known for being up the field quick, and playing aggressive, but i have to step up my game to keep playing aggressive when im playing with pumpers. the semi game is so much slower, so even a fast semi match isn;t nearly as quick as a pump only game. it takes me a couple of games to get that extra umpff to keep my game fast and tight. playing pump only is far and away an exception rather than the norm for me.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:48 AM #37
PumpMag

I'm not sure but I thought I saw Sean Walker come to observe the OSC Tourney at HSP?

Since California has already 2 regular tournament pump series (OSC and NSA) with plenty of teams tourning out, this may be a hint at trying to have an actual Pump Division at NPPL for California.

Fact: Pump is growing and popular. There are plenty of California pump teams - some teams have several 3 and 5 man squads. Some So Cal teams have been around competing on a regular basis for 3 years now.

Fact: New pump products keep coming out (pocket hoppers and speed caps sell well, the New CCM 6 series is out, Sanchez pump kits just came out)

Fact: OSC has been traveling outside Southern California hosting pump tournaments in Hawaii, Mexico, Illinois, Nor Cal, etc.
PumpMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:02 PM #38
genxpro

FACT: Pump teams will not pay $2000 to play one tournament

and even if was only half of that, that's still more money than most pump teams spend to play an entire season's worth of pump tournmanents.

My Feedback
genxpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 02:07 PM #39
SnatchForFree
osok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Spore View Post
There have been pump players in the NPPL before if I'm not mistaken. Think it was Blowfish, and they even dominated a semi team!
Yep. I'm not sure if it was blowfish, but I remember a team running 1 or 2 semis for their back players and the rest we're pumpers.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:50 PM #40
CULPIN

it was the blowfish....im sure there is a video around somewhere of it
Old 10-14-2007, 03:54 PM #41
CULPIN

ohhh found it http://youtube.com/watch?v=iW8SPadTYrU
Old 10-14-2007, 08:39 PM #42
timmyballer67
Viva la Big XII!

Because we use less paint and if we become more popular, then everyone starts shooting less paint and with less paint being shot = less money going to the paint companies