Bunkered89
Ride or Collide

Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bunkered89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bunkered89 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
so, aren't you, and the parents violating children's constitutional rights in this way? Why are there no lawsuits?

Every citizen has the right to vote. It says THAT in the constitution. Those under the age of 18 don't have the right to vote, so how are they citizens? Or are we just routinely denying every citizen under the age of 18 what the US naturalization test calls "The most important right for Amerizan Citizens"?

It sounds to me, that if minors are citizens, their rights, constitutional and otherwise, are being heinously violated on a daily basis.
It would be disastrous if people under 18 could vote. As it is, most 18-year-olds are politically inept.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2007, 01:39 PM #44
jackinthebox77
Gun for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkered89 View Post
It would be disastrous if people under 18 could vote. As it is, most 18-year-olds are politically inept.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:49 PM #45
Fallout55
<(':')> Boo!!1

How do you personally deal with people who you catch with small amounts of cannabis?
Old 10-09-2007, 04:54 PM #46
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkered89 View Post

So, it's not disastrous that people over the age of 18 can vote? As it is, most people over the age of 18 are politically inept.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:39 PM #47
republicanIDEOLOGUE

Quote:
so, aren't you, and the parents violating children's constitutional rights in this way? Why are there no lawsuits?

Every citizen has the right to vote. It says THAT in the constitution. Those under the age of 18 don't have the right to vote, so how are they citizens? Or are we just routinely denying every citizen under the age of 18 what the US naturalization test calls "The most important right for Amerizan Citizens"?

It sounds to me, that if minors are citizens, their rights, constitutional and otherwise, are being heinously violated on a daily basis.
Interpreted constitutional law != literal (sometimes)
Old 10-09-2007, 05:48 PM #48
small-talk-noob

small-talk-noob helped look for balloons
What is your quota for tickets and what not, and is there different quotas for different races? or do not every departments have quotas?
Old 10-09-2007, 05:49 PM #49
AR55
conch shell warrior

AR55 is a Supporting Member
You said you were in the gang unit, are you allowed to collaborate with the FBI and vice versa? If you have information about certain persons that would benefit the FBI are you allowed in your protocol to give them that information, and can they do the same as well?

Do you think gang violence is just as bad, if not worst, than terrorist attacks? If you could have authority over the penalty for gang members what would it be?
Old 10-09-2007, 06:05 PM #50
Paint Freak 98
Front Lean and Rest

This is going to sound like a dumb question compared to the other questions be asked in the thread but I was just wondering how much over the speed limit it takes for you to pull someone over?
Old 10-09-2007, 06:18 PM #51
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity

Do you profile? Race, teenagers, ect.

What is your opinion on it?
Old 10-09-2007, 06:39 PM #52
Snake13
Escaped Rakkasan

Snake13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:

The constitution does not say every citizen has a right to vote, it says

Quote:
The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:41 PM #53
EY3
one love

have you ever shot/killed anyone?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:42 PM #54
Tremor HSP

Tremor HSP is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by small-talk-noob View Post
What is your quota for tickets and what not, and is there different quotas for different races? or do not every departments have quotas?
Quotas in California are illegal. However, if you develop a trend of not issuing a substantial amount of tickets, you are "under review".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Freak 98 View Post
This is going to sound like a dumb question compared to the other questions be asked in the thread but I was just wondering how much over the speed limit it takes for you to pull someone over?
1mph over the limit is legally and technically speeding. As far as me personally, anything 10+ will get you pulled over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post

I try not to. However, due to the fact that there are a large number of gangs and the members are statistically African-American, a large group of them will normally draw more attention then a group of Caucasians. It's not how I am, just how the system works. I am known to be pretty lenient with teenagers...I was a skater back in the day and I remember how much I hated the cops. I understand the need to rebel, gain independence, etc., and it takes a lot (obvious misd. or felony) for me to issue more then a verbal warning to teenagers. I don't like ruining kid's lives for menial things such as trespassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EY3 View Post
have you ever shot/killed anyone?
Nope, and I hope I never have to.

Last edited by Tremor HSP : 10-09-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:53 PM #55
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinthebox77 View Post
On the topic of SWAT teams, what are the general requirements for joining one, hows it all work? I've been trying to find information but am having a hard time of it. Any help would be appreciated, especially links.
It all depends on the agency. My agency requires you to complete a 20 minute 3 mile, achieve "above average" on the department's fitness test, shoot a 97% or higher on the state qualification course, complete several high stress shooting drills, complete a use of force simulator, pass oral interviews, and finally get approval from every single member of the SWAT team.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:56 PM #56
apunkjunkie

Quote:

Remember how I would call people stupid...you sir, are one of them.

Please read the Constitution before you comment. This quote was take from the 26th amendment:

Quote:
1. The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:57 PM #57
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout55 View Post
How do you personally deal with people who you catch with small amounts of cannabis?
Already answered...depends on your attitude, the mood I'm in, and what else is going on.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:57 PM #58
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by small-talk-noob View Post
We don't have quotas, but some shifts have "performance goals." Those "goals" are not enforced, but you are encouraged to, lets say, write 4 tickets a day to keep numbers up.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:03 PM #59
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR55 View Post
You said you were in the gang unit, are you allowed to collaborate with the FBI and vice versa? If you have information about certain persons that would benefit the FBI are you allowed in your protocol to give them that information, and can they do the same as well?

Do you think gang violence is just as bad, if not worst, than terrorist attacks? If you could have authority over the penalty for gang members what would it be?
Collaborating with the FBI is overrated, mainly because the gangs I have in my area are not the same gangs that you have in yours. We don't have many of the traditional gangs here in GA, they're mostly hybrid gangs that make up their own rules and loosely follow the traditions of LA, Chicago, and NYC. Basically we have someone who claims to be a certain Blood set, yet they don't strictly adhere to the rules that a Blood in LA or NYC would follow.

We mainly work with ICE in deporting illegal gang members.

Gang violence is worse than people realize. Here in GA, most armed robberies, murders, and drug dealing is completed by hybrid gangs. We actually have a separate state statute in dealing with gang members (which is a felony) and it seems to work well. However, the main problem we have is that juvenile gang members are coddled and grow into more violent gang members because they believe nothing will happen to them after years of getting slapped on the wrist.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:04 PM #60
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Freak 98 View Post
I usually give 15mph before I pull someone over. However, if its a school zone, 10mph over, you're getting pulled over.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:09 PM #61
Bunkered89
Ride or Collide

Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
Bunkered89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bunkered89 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
So, it's not disastrous that people over the age of 18 can vote? As it is, most people over the age of 18 are politically inept.
More people over the age of 18 are politically adept than people ages 18 or lower. Thus the line has to be drawn somewhere. Your statement that most people over the age of 18 are also politically inept is very true, though. However, that is part of the reason why we have an electoral college and not a system of direct democracy. So I don't know where you are really going with your comment.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:21 PM #62
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post

Racially profiling is illegal, yet I do profile based on conduct. Its hard to describe, but once you've been in law enforcement for a while, you get a certain "feeling" when you look at someone. You learn to read people by their actions, how they carry themselves, and how they speak.

But let me ask you guys this, is this racially profiling or using a criminal profile? You work in a poor, predominantly black and hispanic area of town. You happen to see two white teens wearing Abercrombie clothes, driving a BMW, in the back of a run down apartment complex. They aren't doing anything at the time, but do you think that's suspicious?

I do, but why?
Old 10-09-2007, 09:23 PM #63
Fromage_redux
<3 Zooey Stalker <3

wheres a good spot for a person, sober!, to hide their weed incase of a search....

like a spot cops don check much. Im thinking of like, underneath the seat, a clean incision, and it packed up under. really a hassle to get too.
Closed Thread