Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:11 PM #211
wgpskaterpunk

wgpskaterpunk is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkered89 View Post
I have autocrossed a few times. It was fun, but I don't like the group out in Key West. Most of them are extremely arrogant and also think autocross is god's gift to racing or something. In fact, most of the people in the car scene in KW are arrogant as hell. It's so much different in Miami. My crew that meets up every Thursday at Tropical Park is chill...unlike the Tuesday meets in KW(although I was friends with all of them, I still don't like their attitudes)
Yeah i agree, most arereally stuck up or take **** to seriously....

You were part of Genki right ?

What kinda cars meet up with you guys now ?

You werent at Bay Bottom Crawl were you ? There was some insane cars there.

My feedback 65+
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2007, 11:22 PM #212
Bunkered89
Ride or Collide

Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bunkered89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bunkered89 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgpskaterpunk View Post
Yeah i agree, most arereally stuck up or take **** to seriously....

You were part of Genki right ?

What kinda cars meet up with you guys now ?

You werent at Bay Bottom Crawl were you ? There was some insane cars there.
Yeah, because most of them have cars that mommy and daddy paid for(my parents bought my car, but I don't act like they do) and they have no respect for anyone or anything. Not to mention, their egos are so huge, when really their cars are nothing THAT special compared to some things I see in Miami. Especially that kid with the boosted white Si down there. He thinks his measly 365whp Civic is like beastly or something

Anyways, nah I was never part of that lame Genki group. It was always me, Dan, and Alex that would roll together. Dan was the one with the S/Ced RSX-S and Alex had the yellow S2K. But now in Miami I see quite a few cars. Especially in Coral Gables where University of Miami is at, you are bound to see a Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, etc. at least once a day. Then the meets I go to has a few sick imports and what not. A few Type-R's, boosted RSX's, modded Evo's, etc.

I didn't go to BBC. I was down from college for that weekend and wanted to spend it with my parents and friends.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:41 AM #213
hsilman
Disgustipated

the things he are saying about radar and laser are pretty much true, but there are a lot of specific case stuff.

One thing I want to point out is laser detectors(the good ones anyways) aren't total scams. The Valentine 1 and Bel RX65, among others, have been known to pick up laser scatter from other vehicles. But they are definitely not as reliable as they are picking up constant on radar signals.

Of course, apunk is correct that a LEO using instant-on radar correctly puts your detector at a distinct disadvantage. Also, the difference between K and Ka is simply the frequency of the wave. Don't ever underestimate the ability of a LEO to correctly estimate your speed visually. They are VERY good at it.

Personally, I have problems with the speed limit laws, but I have nothing against police officers who enforce them fairly and legally.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:54 AM #214
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnivorcartman View Post
bas plan they will bring out a dog and a warrent on suspicion of mischief . your basically ****ed either way .
I don't think anyone gets warrants on "suspicion of mischief" anymore....there's no PC in that.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:55 AM #215
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgpskaterpunk View Post
I agree with you 100%, the kid is an idiot, thats why i stopped hanging out with him...

Ok lets say this,

Im going 65 in a 45 north, you're going south and you're across the median with cars on both sides of us, how can you tell how fast im going when there are 2 cars in your way ?
You have to visually estimate the speed of the vehicle and you have to match up your visual estimate to what the radar says. Usually, if I'm not sure which car the radar hit, I don't pull anyone over. However, if you're going faster than everyone and I get a 65 in a 45 and I visually estimate your speed around 60mph, then I'm gonna pull you over.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:55 AM #216
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnivorcartman View Post
bas plan they will bring out a dog and a warrent on suspicion of mischief . your basically ****ed either way .
A warrant isn't always necessary to search a car, but they still need P/C (which is required for a warrant, so they just cut out the middle part since you're probably on the side of the road somewhere). Bringing a dog is legal, but they can't simply hold you there waiting for the drug dog. They have to be doing things pertaining to the reason for the stop. It can be easy to legally delay though, there are a number of "time-wasting" things officers can do during a normal traffic stop. If you ever find yourself simply waiting and the officers aren't doing anything, just ask them if you are being detained, and why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apunkjunkie View Post
You have to visually estimate the speed of the vehicle and you have to match up your visual estimate to what the radar says. Usually, if I'm not sure which car the radar hit, I don't pull anyone over. However, if you're going faster than everyone and I get a 65 in a 45 and I visually estimate your speed around 60mph, then I'm gonna pull you over.
That's how I got pinched, going 57 in a 40, all the traffic was moving over the speed limit, but I was the bright red truck passing in the slow lane.

Hell of a speed trap they had set up though, 6-8 others got tickets while I was there getting mine, and my roomate got pulled in 20 min after me. Everyone speeds through there, and never gets caught, so like once a month they sit on a side street with a radar gun and reel 'em in.

Last edited by careyman_462 : 10-12-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:34 PM #217
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyman_462 View Post
Hell of a speed trap they had set up though, 6-8 others got tickets while I was there getting mine, and my roomate got pulled in 20 min after me. Everyone speeds through there, and never gets caught, so like once a month they sit on a side street with a radar gun and reel 'em in.
See, this is what I have a problem with. Wtf does this have to do with safety? As long as speeding tickets continue to be nothing more than a source of revenue for townships, I will oppose the current speed laws.

There is a pretty big advantage the wily "speeder" can use in this situation. In many cases, there is one officer getting the reading while another chases, and assuming you don't tell them how fast you are going, they both need to be present at your court date. Most people don't know that, and allow hearsay evidence into their "trial" and lose.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:36 PM #218
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
See, this is what I have a problem with. Wtf does this have to do with safety? As long as speeding tickets continue to be nothing more than a source of revenue for townships, I will oppose the current speed laws.
It doesn't...its for revenue.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:16 PM #219
Ionhotshot

Ok, here's a question for you guys. This may not apply to you, but why the hell don't cops know what gun they have?

My father is dating a leutenant who still goes on patrol a couple times a month for ****s and giggles. The other day when she was over, she put her sidearm on the table by the door as she walked in. I hadn't seen her with it before, so just casually asked what kind it was. She said "My pistol? I have no idea. Kottel and Heck or something like that."

And she's not the first cop I've seen who didn't know what kind of gun they had, how it operated, etc etc.

I'm just wondering how that could be? It doesn't seem logical that an officer who keeps their guns for their own protection and for the safty of others could not know what kind of gun they had.

Have any of you guys (cops,) noticed this as well?

I have noticed one thing that was similar in most cases, and that is that the cops who didn't know what gun they had served in a department that had a standard arm. In other words, the cops couldn't pick their own guns.

Do you guys (cops,) work in PDs that allow you to pick your own handguns?

My feedback:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hot+feed back
Old 10-12-2007, 08:57 PM #220
bluelite
The Bronze

has been a member for 10 years
Our dept issue is a glock 22 but you can buy many others on your own that are on an approved carry list and some officers do. Personally I think the glock shoots fine although my slide is showing some funny wear now that I am about 2500 rounds into it and I have had to adjust my rear sight twice. If I purchase my own gun I'll go back to H&K. I do not know many officers that don't know what they are carrying that work in patrol, but I know many "officers" that are in administrative positions that basically carry for decoration. If the standards weren't so low for firearms many of them would need some serious training to qualify. Luckily they aren't in patrol.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:02 PM #221
Ionhotshot

Well see that's what's scary though, is that many of these cops are patrol cops...
And it's even more weird because they have to qualify like 2 or 3 times a year with their guns in an extremely basic ability test...like firing 6 shots in 3 seconds or hitting a plate at about 30 feet within 3 seconds of the draw.

My feedback:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hot+feed back
Old 10-12-2007, 11:17 PM #222
wgpskaterpunk

wgpskaterpunk is a Supporting Member
[quote=Bunkered89;40652833] Especially that kid with the boosted white Si down there. He thinks his measly 365whp Civic is like beastly or something

QUOTE]

I ****ing hate that guy with a passion, he is so ****ing cocky and spoiled... hes what, 25 ? And his parents still pay for everything ?

His cars fast, but nothing amazing...

I heard he beat that one 10 second Camaro that is down here though.

You know anything about that Evo that is suppose to have $25k under the hood and is spraying ?

My feedback 65+
Old 10-12-2007, 11:33 PM #223
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Alright so this has probably been asked before, but, how many over the limit would warrant a pull-over on an average day where you have a content mood?

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Old 10-13-2007, 03:55 AM #224
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalm0ther3 View Post
Alright so this has probably been asked before, but, how many over the limit would warrant a pull-over on an average day where you have a content mood?
Depending on the roadway....around 15mph (which will most likely get you a warning) and over.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:00 AM #225
zimm41
A.F.F.A

ur up to late bro
Old 10-13-2007, 04:03 AM #226
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionhotshot View Post
Well see that's what's scary though, is that many of these cops are patrol cops...
And it's even more weird because they have to qualify like 2 or 3 times a year with their guns in an extremely basic ability test...like firing 6 shots in 3 seconds or hitting a plate at about 30 feet within 3 seconds of the draw.
As bad as it sounds, there are a lot of female officers (mostly those of smaller departments) who do this job for one of two reasons....to meet and marry male officers or to prove they can do what a man does. The ones who don't know their stuff are usually "badge bunnies." These "badge bunnies" are usually dispatchers (because there is a large amount of police officers married to dispatchers), but there are a lot of officers who take this role too. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great female officers out there, but I find that the ones who don't know the job (or equipment) just happen to be female.

Our qualification course is easy, but tuned into where an officer will most likely fire his weapon from. We shoot a few from 25 yards, a few more at 15 yards, then we go through the rest between 3-7 yards (which is where most officer involved shootings occur).
Old 10-13-2007, 04:04 AM #227
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm41 View Post
ur up to late bro
No, I'm up early to do a dog and pony show for some stupid county 10k. I have to sit out there from 6am-5pm answering stupid questions about gangs from citizens who have no clue.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:11 AM #228
zimm41
A.F.F.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by apunkjunkie View Post
No, I'm up early to do a dog and pony show for some stupid county 10k. I have to sit out there from 6am-5pm answering stupid questions about gangs from citizens who have no clue.
i pray for your sanity
Old 10-13-2007, 04:17 AM #229
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm41 View Post
i pray for your sanity
The worst part is that I have to be politically correct and not "scare the public." Oh well, if I say something, its usually not politically correct....so most the time I keep my mouth shut .
Old 10-14-2007, 12:21 AM #230
Nalayah

Read through page 9, would like to explain the whole concept behind school searches.

When you're registered at school, you usually sign something stating that the school has full rights to search your locker and any belongings (our school will gladly bust any locks or anything you have on your stuff if the dogs say you've got pot). Also, because it is THEIR property, they have the right to search it at any time. You waive your rights to privacy with items you own as stated above.

Just recently our entire school was searched. Everyone was sent to class, school went into minor lockdown, and 20+ people were found with drugs and stuff. Mostly women with cigarettes and football players with pot. The biggest laugh I got during that day was one girl *****ing about how the school owed her $5 for confiscating her pack.

Tl;dr: You waive your rights by attending that school, it's in the fine print.

And my question is... on a gravel road with no marked speed limit, will I be pulled for doing 55 along it? I know each and every rut of it like the back of my hand, and some stretches I've gone up to 60 on. The cops usually aren't out here, but do show up occasionally. And no, there's no marked limit (I've lived here for almost nine years, I havn't seen it).

1978 Suzuki GS750
2000 Honda CBR 600 F4

Last edited by Nalayah : 10-14-2007 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:44 AM #231
zimm41
A.F.F.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalayah View Post
Read through page 9, would like to explain the whole concept behind school searches.

When you're registered at school, you usually sign something stating that the school has full rights to search your locker and any belongings (our school will gladly bust any locks or anything you have on your stuff if the dogs say you've got pot). Also, because it is THEIR property, they have the right to search it at any time. You waive your rights to privacy with items you own as stated above.

Just recently our entire school was searched. Everyone was sent to class, school went into minor lockdown, and 20+ people were found with drugs and stuff. Mostly women with cigarettes and football players with pot. The biggest laugh I got during that day was one girl *****ing about how the school owed her $5 for confiscating her pack.

Tl;dr: You waive your rights by attending that school, it's in the fine print.
yes we know all this