Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-09-2007, 02:12 AM #64
Ag-RyanČ
Jellymen

Ag-RyanČ donated to help Peyton Trent
Ag-RyanČ supports our troops
Ag-RyanČ is an NCPA player
i dont think sanchez is the next carson palmer (palmer is, afterall without a doubt one of the better qb's in the nfl) but i think sanchez could be the qb that everyone THOUGHT jdb could and would be.

btw, imo matt leinart is the best trojan ever (not necesarily peformance wise, but just like persona wise)

and sanchez will get his chance next year anyways. hopefully by then usc's running game will have matured, turner will be on target, but the defense should be a little worse =/
Old 10-09-2007, 02:18 AM #65
Ryan562
LoNg BeAcH...5 6 2

ya well i didnt know how else to put it

but thats my point

he can pump up the trojans

just like booty did

n ya Matt Leinart was awesome

ya im lookin forward to sanchez's year
Old 10-09-2007, 11:56 AM #66
fblainen11
muh name's blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag-RyanČ View Post
im using injuries as a REASON, not an excuse. we lost 2 tailbacks, Stafon Johnson and CJ Gable. 2 o'line men, a linebacker, and defensive back, all great players. that will hurt any team no matter who you are. i know lsu has injuries and im not arguing that usc is a better team than lsu is becasue i dont think that they are, it does seem tho that usc's injuries have had a bigger effect on sc than the injuries of lsu has had on them.

and about the sec/pac10 thing, the sec does have better teams, but that doesnt mean that the sec's best team is better than the pac10's best team (which this year i would say is true but in years past has not been) i was just trying to make the point that usc's schedule is not "easy". and high schools in the area doesnt mean ****. college teams RECRUIT players from all over the country, that means that a quarterback from Louisiana (sayyy uhm john david booty) might be recruited to a pac10 school (sayyy uhm usc..) so it doesnt matter if high schools live breath and eat football, becasue a high school from the east coast might send players to a west coast school, and vise versa.

most of our players our from the south...thats all. and ALOT of them are from louisiana. go ahead and keep john david booty...you've seen what he can do. i.e.- loss to stanford.

Dye Throttle

Torque Loader
Old 10-09-2007, 12:01 PM #67
fblainen11
muh name's blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakid View Post
Just the problem is that All Usc fans expect that any QB that comes throught the system HAS TO BE A CARSON PALMER.U only value water when the well is dry.It is kinda sad.
And btw, Cal USC is gonna be the game of the year.I believe Cal is gonna beat Usc because the past 3 years they have been within 7-3 points of them sorry buddy, this year cus Usc really sucks, this is the year that Cal is gonna tear u guys a new *******.And may i remind u Cal was the only team that beat the true, good Usc in 03 (i think).So i would take ur bet buddy.
i'd have to disagree with that. i think we saw the game of the year (non bowl games) with lsu and florida.
i think that the usc and cal game is going to be seperated by more than 10 points, and it definately won't be the game of the year. i'll admit, i'm looking forward to see it. both teams have chances to prove something REALLLLY big here, and its going to be interesting who can do it.

Dye Throttle

Torque Loader
Old 10-09-2007, 12:03 PM #68
fblainen11
muh name's blaine

Quote:
i dont think sanchez is the next carson palmer (palmer is, afterall without a doubt one of the better qb's in the nfl) but i think sanchez could be the qb that everyone THOUGHT jdb could and would be.

btw, imo matt leinart is the best trojan ever (not necesarily peformance wise, but just like persona wise)

and sanchez will get his chance next year anyways. hopefully by then usc's running game will have matured, turner will be on target, but the defense should be a little worse =/
matt leinart is a momma's boy. and he's got a kid that he rarely sees.
so yea, i guess in a sense that he could be the best qb persona wise for usc.

Dye Throttle

Torque Loader
Old 10-09-2007, 12:15 PM #69
Ryan562
LoNg BeAcH...5 6 2

lol just outta curiosity

what does bein a bad dad n likin his mom have to do with his football career?

Leinart was and still is a damn good QB

I Dont Care How Often That Kid Sees His Dad

I Never See Mine n I've Been Fine Through The Years

N That Kids Probabably Got 3 Times My Savings Amount
Old 10-09-2007, 12:58 PM #70
LSU2936
LA HEAT

LSU2936 plays in the PSP
LSU2936 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LSU2936 plays in the APPA D4 division
Disclaimer: I don't watch USC play very often, I watched the Washington game and the Neb game though. Not trying to be an *** I just have a general question that has been bothering me for awhile. I'm honestly looking for an answer here. Over the last 4 years USC has recruited 5 WR's that are atleast 4 star prospects according to Rivals.com, that's not including Fred Davis, your tightend (who is amazing from what I've seen) and Joe Mcknight. Now I know Joe is considered a RB and a true freshman, but the kid was unstoppable in HS and he can play WR. Why is it that yall just can't seem to get a vertical passing game? Are your receivers just not that kind of players? Is it Booty? I mean the way USC recruits nobody should be able to touch them, nobody. In both games I watched this season it's been driving me crazy watching some of the play calling. I'm honestly just wondering from someone who has watched them a lot more than I have.

Rule #1: You don't look good. You not gonna play good.

There are no hawks in heaven...
Old 10-09-2007, 01:52 PM #71
megabork
im jabba

megabork is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fblainen11 View Post
most of our players our from the south...thats all. and ALOT of them are from louisiana. go ahead and keep john david booty...you've seen what he can do. i.e.- loss to stanford.
more importantly ,, answer this.. are any of your sisters also your mom? or cousin? does your dad eat possum? have you ever wrestled an alligator?do you currently have more than one car on blocks sitting in front of your trailor? can you pik the entire deliverance song on a geetar?do you have a confederate flag hanging in your room?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:16 PM #72
LSU2936
LA HEAT

LSU2936 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by megabork View Post
more importantly ,, answer this.. are any of your sisters also your mom? or cousin? does your dad eat possum? have you ever wrestled an alligator?do you currently have more than one car on blocks sitting in front of your trailor? can you pik the entire deliverance song on a geetar?do you have a confederate flag hanging in your room?
Wow, nice one. Answers: No my sister is not my mom or cousin. My dad has never eaten possum. I've never wrestled an alligator, I have hunted them before and shot one, that count? No cars on blocks in front of my house, I have helped restore a car before though. I honestly can't play the guitar, my roommate does, but I've never heard him play it. I do have a confederate flag hanging on my wall. What's your point? Do you have nothing to add to the conversation than to try to put down millions of people that you don't know?

Stay classy San Diego. - Ron Burgundy

Old 10-09-2007, 02:43 PM #73
megabork
im jabba

megabork is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU2936 View Post
Wow, nice one. Answers: No my sister is not my mom or cousin. My dad has never eaten possum. I've never wrestled an alligator, I have hunted them before and shot one, that count? No cars on blocks in front of my house, I have helped restore a car before though. I honestly can't play the guitar, my roommate does, but I've never heard him play it. I do have a confederate flag hanging on my wall. What's your point? Do you have nothing to add to the conversation than to try to put down millions of people that you don't know?

Stay classy San Diego. - Ron Burgundy
ok few more, do you think burt reynolds should run for president? was huey long honest? should women vote? and lastly why are you bothering us here in our forums,, gtfo
Old 10-09-2007, 03:01 PM #74
Quittman
818L8

Quittman posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
and lastly why are you bothering us here in our forums,, gtfo

Seriously, get out of our forum. Isn't there more hurricane catrina debris to clean up? The earth ****s on the south and shines in the west.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:08 PM #75
SoCalSmErf
Go for the Throat!!!

SoCalSmErf donated to help Peyton Trent
SoCalSmErf supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
as far as other qb's go, pete carrol already said that if booty is able to play (he hurt his middle finger) then they will play him. i personally think they should put in mark sanchez. booty isnt player good, time for the backup to step up.

btw- just because your a usc fan or a cal fan or lsu fan, doesnt mean you have to say theyre the best team ever and argue against for that point all the time. being a true fan means your just a fan, and you want your team to win, but your still a fan whether theyre 12-0 or 0-12.

all the booing at the colloseum saturday showed me that the majority of the people in the stands are bandwagon fans. ive never seen usc booed so much in the probably 50+ games ive been to over the years.

a good example of a true fan is a mom. your mom (hopefully) comes to your games all the time, and roots for you whether you do good, or bad, no matter what. moms never boo their children when they play, theyre always supportive.

Ive been going to USC games since I was 8 years old and I have never heard USC booed like that at the Coliseum, was one of the most jacked up things ive ever heard.

Now with Mark Sanchez, I love the dude I use to watch him play in Mission Viego and I have never really liked how booty plays he drives me up the wall to be honest. I am some what hoping booty isnt good to go against Arizona and give Sanchez a chance to shine this weekend.
West Coast Dominance #75
Proudly Sponsored By: APX GEAR
Viva La Raza
"When life gives you lemons, just say **** the lemons and bail"
RAZA | FaceBook |Old Feedback +4-0
Old 10-09-2007, 03:32 PM #76
LSU2936
LA HEAT

LSU2936 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quittman View Post
Seriously, get out of our forum. Isn't there more hurricane catrina debris to clean up? The earth ****s on the south and shines in the west.
All I've said is that Lou Holtz is Senile and I asked a serious question for a USC fan that still hasn't been answered. Yall are the one's who insulted me. As for the Katrina comment, kind of a low blow. I mean, I wasn't expecting much from you but come on. I hope one day you have to go through some half as traumatic and devastating as Katrina was and someone makes fun of you for it.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:33 PM #77
LSU2936
LA HEAT

LSU2936 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSmErf View Post
Ive been going to USC games since I was 8 years old and I have never heard USC booed like that at the Coliseum, was one of the most jacked up things ive ever heard.

Now with Mark Sanchez, I love the dude I use to watch him play in Mission Viego and I have never really liked how booty plays he drives me up the wall to be honest. I am some what hoping booty isnt good to go against Arizona and give Sanchez a chance to shine this weekend.
Even if Sanchez doesn't pan out yall have Mitch Mustain after this year. You'll be ok, I think.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:19 PM #78
Ag-RyanČ
Jellymen

Ag-RyanČ donated to help Peyton Trent
Ag-RyanČ supports our troops
Ag-RyanČ is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by fblainen11 View Post
at least here in california we know the difference between our and are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU2936 View Post
Disclaimer: I don't watch USC play very often, I watched the Washington game and the Neb game though. Not trying to be an *** I just have a general question that has been bothering me for awhile. I'm honestly looking for an answer here. Over the last 4 years USC has recruited 5 WR's that are atleast 4 star prospects according to Rivals.com, that's not including Fred Davis, your tightend (who is amazing from what I've seen) and Joe Mcknight. Now I know Joe is considered a RB and a true freshman, but the kid was unstoppable in HS and he can play WR. Why is it that yall just can't seem to get a vertical passing game? Are your receivers just not that kind of players? Is it Booty? I mean the way USC recruits nobody should be able to touch them, nobody. In both games I watched this season it's been driving me crazy watching some of the play calling. I'm honestly just wondering from someone who has watched them a lot more than I have.
joe mcknight has goten the ball a couple of times but hasnt really done too much in a game yet, (after all usc has a plethora of runningbacks that they have been trying out, and mcknight hasnt prooven himself yet) hes like reggie bush but a bit slower, however practice reports say that he can catch the ball better than reggie could when reggie was a freshman (and most of us know that besides being a great on the run, one of reggies other strong points was that he could catch the ball really well). as far as a strong deep threat, we have patrick turner whose supposed to step up and take the spot of jarret or smith, but he hasnt yet becasue hes dropping passes left and right, even the short ones, (although booty hasnt been right on this year, turner is still DROPPING passes that are in his hands) and booty so far this year has been off throwing wise for the most part, especially the long balls, so i know that if i was a coach i would stick to what seems to be working most of the time- the short stuff. also, one of the problems in the stanford game was that the o line wasnt protecting booty very good, forcing a lot of passes, much like what ucla did to usc to beat them last year.

mainly, i think that the new recruits just need some more game experience or time to mature, and also i personally think that booty and turner are both overrated players, or they just are too high up on their horse right now, hopefully the loss to stanford fixed that though.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:17 PM #79
LSU2936
LA HEAT

LSU2936 plays in the PSP
My take on Joe Mcknight:

I think everyone is too quick to compare the two, Reggie was a special player. I think USC would be making a mistake if the leave Joe at RB/slot like they used Bush. Not that Joe wouldn't be great at that position, I just think that he could be better utilized elsewhere. I think that if they moved him out to corner by the time he graduated he'd be a top 5 pick in the NFL draft easily. The kid is the definition of a lockdown corner, just looks natural with him. I just think yall have too many good RB's for him to make the impact Reggie did.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:36 PM #80
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Who cares about USC?

This is Cal's year!

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
Old 10-09-2007, 07:11 PM #81
killakid

Ryan you are the only Usc fan i like cus u can actually see both sides of the spectrum.And u arnt a violent retarded drunk at the games.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:29 PM #82
fblainen11
muh name's blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan562 View Post
lol just outta curiosity

what does bein a bad dad n likin his mom have to do with his football career?

Leinart was and still is a damn good QB

I Dont Care How Often That Kid Sees His Dad

I Never See Mine n I've Been Fine Through The Years

N That Kids Probabably Got 3 Times My Savings Amount

dumb head...it has nothing to do with his football career. it has everything to do with his "persona" as your buddy mentioned above.

Dye Throttle

Torque Loader
Old 10-09-2007, 10:32 PM #83
fblainen11
muh name's blaine

Quote:

None to all of those except the one about the car on blocks in front of the trailor. But that's only because I don't have a trailor.

I believe the state you are most accurately trying to describe here is Arkansas though, as the South as a whole is no where near this.
Ever been here?
Oh, and by the way....how often do you come across a ***?

Dye Throttle

Torque Loader
Old 10-09-2007, 10:34 PM #84
fblainen11
muh name's blaine

Quote:
at least here in california we know the difference between our and are.

joe mcknight has goten the ball a couple of times but hasnt really done too much in a game yet, (after all usc has a plethora of runningbacks that they have been trying out, and mcknight hasnt prooven himself yet) hes like reggie bush but a bit slower, however practice reports say that he can catch the ball better than reggie could when reggie was a freshman (and most of us know that besides being a great on the run, one of reggies other strong points was that he could catch the ball really well). as far as a strong deep threat, we have patrick turner whose supposed to step up and take the spot of jarret or smith, but he hasnt yet becasue hes dropping passes left and right, even the short ones, (although booty hasnt been right on this year, turner is still DROPPING passes that are in his hands) and booty so far this year has been off throwing wise for the most part, especially the long balls, so i know that if i was a coach i would stick to what seems to be working most of the time- the short stuff. also, one of the problems in the stanford game was that the o line wasnt protecting booty very good, forcing a lot of passes, much like what ucla did to usc to beat them last year.

mainly, i think that the new recruits just need some more game experience or time to mature, and also i personally think that booty and turner are both overrated players, or they just are too high up on their horse right now, hopefully the loss to stanford fixed that though.

please don't point out other people's typos when you yourself make simple mistakes. thanks.

Dye Throttle

Torque Loader