PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-08-2007, 03:21 PM #1
cmscouchman
Dm5 "wannabe" tech

Thanks from a players Dad

What a year!! Last fall my son wanted to move up from PBC-3 man to the CFOA league to play paintball. This is what he wanted to do so his mom and I decided to try and support him the best we could.
He had heard that this team called Kryptonite was having try-outs and he wanted to see how he could do. Well the weather at that time of the year did not want to cooperate with the days they wanted to have tryouts. But they finally were able to have them and Will made the Red team of Kryptonite.
Many thanks to Doug, Shawn, Jody, Rodney and the rest of the group for taking us under your wings and showing us what we needed to do. I tried to do the best that I could, and trust me I did fall on my face on a few things. But we all worked together as a team and that is what made each tournament so enjoyable for my family.
“Cuzin’ Larry” I cannot thank you enough for all the help and guidance you have give to me over the past several years. And that night at the motel in Atlanta will always be in my memory banks as a great time.
Josh, thanks to you also, but I still do not agree with the rule that a team can not have a photographer on the field to take pic’s, especially during the prelim’s of the tournament.
The season came down to LA Swat and Kryptonite on the same field playing each other, and that is the way it should have been, and Kryptonite was pumped up as I know LA Swat was also. But the incident with that “boy” called Crack Head was not right. When he caused “Slackly Lackey” to jump out before the start of the game was a major problem for that game. You guys play a sport that is timed in milliseconds of time, and when that action caused Kryptonite to have to regroup I knew in that split second the game was lost. Crack Head, all I would say to you is what goes around will come around to you in some way. What you did was uncalled for and very unprofessional to the team.
These are things that the team can not control, just like when Shawn got hurt in Kingsport then shortly after they fill the large ditch in for the rest of the teams to play on, but our man was on his way to the hospital, and the team took a lost mentally on that day.
But Kryptonite could not have lost to a better team, we were beat by them on the up and up and I have nothing but great things to say about LA Swat. You are the Champions and I am sure you will conduct yourself in a manor that reflects your high standards.
Thanks to all the help from PBC; Tinker, Jason, Jonathan, Cody and the rest of you guys are a class act, with a facility that reflects your decitaion to the sport and its players.
And “Coach” a very special thanks to you. Lord knows the nights we have spent and the beers we have put away talking and coming up with things to help our kids in this sport. the strategy of the game is your plus where mine is the engineering side of things. You are a great motivation to me.
My “neighbor” from the React teams, thanks so much for all the free info you have given and thanks for being so very helpful.
The plaques have a lot of meaning to my son since a couple of years ago he got to attend a Ronn Stern paintball in Virginia, so by him meeting and playing with Ronn Stern it surely means something special to my family. If you every get a chance to attend a paintball camp, he has a great one.
So again I just want to thank everyone I have came in contact with this past year, I feel very honored to be able to spend time with my son in a sport he loves dearly. Next year will hoplefully be better if we can stay together and improve over time. He is only young once and this is a time of his life he will remember forever…..

Thanks to all,
Couchman
cmscouchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement