PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-07-2007, 06:19 PM #1
wombatcrusher
The Real Wickyman!

Viewloader triton II leaking...

Ok, I removed old paint, and such from this triton, removed the hose, and pulled out the valve, along with all the other internals. I notice that the valve is damn near the same diameter as the bottom tube, which causes the o-rings to hit the front threads. I was also not able to push the valve out of the back of the gun, why not? This is something weird, as it now leaks like a siv. Any suggestions as to what I should do, to fix this gun, and make it so it can be used, without a terrible hiss? Thanks in advance.
wombatcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2007, 09:38 PM #2
paintballer#3

try this

go to this website it helped me for the most part.
http://www.viewloader.com/exploded_v...tem_num=20 57
paintballer#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:39 AM #3
wombatcrusher
The Real Wickyman!

That's the thing. I am getting it apart fine, everything looks great, but once I put it back together, it leaks... What the hell am I doing wrong? Did I slice an o-ring? This is probably the first time it was ever taken apart, as the previous owner, and the guy whom gave it to him, before that, couldn't get the hose off... A little heat, putting it in the vice, and pushing until it popped, helped a lot. I just can't figure out, for the life of me, why it would be leaking. It's messed up. I see no visible scarring on the o-rings, they seem perfect.

Looks may be deceiving me though. I will take it apart, and replace all of the o-rings. Thanks for the exploded view! I appreciate it.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:52 PM #4
wombatcrusher
The Real Wickyman!

I can't figure it out. This thing is leaking still, but it's such a faint sound, that you can't really hear it. It's irritating to me, as I usually don't have problems fixing something like this. I own all sorts of markers, and I figured I would never come across one with any issues I couldn't figure out. Far be it for me, to be stumped on a little leak. I own a BKO, stingray II ice, spyder victor II, spimmy, this triton II, and a spyder compact custom.

I just never came across something as tightly packed, and form fit, as this VL. Spyder has horrible tolerances in comparison! I guess I am going to get myself a different valve, and go from there. Any suggestions on a valve? I was kind of thinking about the magna-flow valve from 32 degrees. Ideas?
Old 10-08-2007, 02:20 PM #5
wombatcrusher
The Real Wickyman!

Well, I can't figure it out, but I went to try a spyder spring kit, I didn't find a spring that would work with it properly, so I put it back together stock. After doing so, it leaked immensely, so I took off the tank, un-cocked it, re-cocked it, held it straight up, and re-installed the tank. It leaked for a couple shots, just ever so lightly, then stopped. I tried it again, doing the same thing, and no leaks at all this time. What's the deal?

Oh, I should mention that this gun also a different pin and black magic cup seal. It seems to work great in every other gun, and nothing else worked in the gun before. I find it really odd that even with this combination, that it would still leak! I mean the pin is slotted on one side, giving the gun more air flow. Is the valve just worthless? I am really tempted to remove the valve, and throw it on a lathe, and remove all the excess, and maybe drill out that rear hole, as it seems tight as hell... I would really love a larger pin for it, it would definitely fix the issue at hand.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it a lot!
Old 10-08-2007, 05:37 PM #6
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Sounds like a minor imperfection on the valve face. Now since you're using a blackmagic cup seal (best damn cupseal ever made, glad I snagged a few before the company folded) it will form into the imperfection and seal, but as you can already see it takes a few shots for it to seat fully.

As for the valve, spyder valves can be made to work, but it sounds like you'll have to take off a few thounandths off the out side (your body seems on the small side of tollerance, my avenger II is a bit on the large side of tollerance so spyder valves slide in no problem). You'll also have to shorten the valve pin length a bit. Not sure of the exact measurement, but around an eigth of an inch. Just measure from the center of the setscrew hole to the back of the valve pin on the stock valve and replicate it on the spyder valve.
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:48 PM #7
wombatcrusher
The Real Wickyman!

Thanks for that info, that answered all my questions! Thanks again Fubarius!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:26 PM #8
Viewlover
Voltage, Triton, Pro/Carb

I just superglued the end of the hose where it was leaking and it's worked fine ever since. Lmao. No money involved at all. But that's a poor man's fix, lol.

Most paintballers under the age of 18 have their parents pay for them. If you are one of the few players that pay for yourself put this in your sig.
Viewlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:12 AM #9
hieg

did you fix the leak? I have a leak from the hose and dont know what to do.
hieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:21 AM #10
Kenny_McCormic (Banned)

where it screw in? Use teflon tape.
Kenny_McCormic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:13 AM #11
ionboy7
Semper Fidelis

My friend has a triton II and i figured out that it was laeking because the macroline (the thing the co2 runs through) wasnt screwed in enough
ionboy7 is offline   Reply With Quote