PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-19-2003, 09:01 PM #1
Dj2white

has been a member for 10 years
this is for administrators and anyone else that can help me out.

I'm thinking of starting the first Highschool paintball league in Fort Wayne and need ideas on structure, points and cost. We have a lot of teams that would come out and play, so i need ideas on how the team size whould work out and stuff. lemme know.

check my thread and make me some offers: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=450257
Old 05-20-2003, 10:01 AM #2
pimpo su
Banned

hey bro, im from the fort wayne area. ide say deffinattly go 5 man. theres so much of that three man stuff going around. would it be one team representing each school? cuz if thats the case you should send flyers to the schools to let them have time to get a team around. and you should probebly even expand past fort wayne into other areas, like Dekalb, Leo, ets... if you want a solid turnout. where would the tournys be held? who would ref? hope you have got alotta time man cuz this plan of yours is gonna take allota effort, best of luck too you on it working though.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:47 AM #3
unknownguy
Banned

fort wayne would be good, except you will need to hold the tourneys at open fairgrounds and use air fields, or other speedball fields, go five man and have this scoring system:
5 points for each "kill"
15 for pull
30 for hang

thats easiest scoring system, have two teams from each school, varsity and jv, and each squad can have six or seven players

and teams should ref the tourneys, and do league points 50 for first, 45 for second, ect. and 50 reffing points
Old 05-20-2003, 02:27 PM #4
Warparty
Oh noes! A snipe-

Annual Supporting Member
Warparty is a Moderator
Warparty is a Supporting Member
Warparty is playing at Living Legends VI
Warparty supports Sherwood Forest
Warparty supports our troops
Unknownguy, cant agree with your 'and teams should ref the tourneys' statement. If this goes off they need to find experianced players to ref these games. It will make for a better experiance for the players.

You might check into gettiing some of the top teams to supply players to help coach the teams in tactics, since you may get a lot of new players into the sport. Or see if any of the teams in the state would 'mentor' a schools team.

I can see it now, the saturday before the ICC events could be the Indiana High School League day
Old 05-20-2003, 02:48 PM #5
unknownguy
Banned

that would work well, have some of the players from icc teams ref and coach, but no sideline coaching
Old 05-20-2003, 08:14 PM #6
Warparty
Oh noes! A snipe-

Annual Supporting Member
Warparty is a Moderator
You are exactly right there. Sorry I did not make my self clear on that. Must be the demeral slowing me down.
Old 05-20-2003, 08:52 PM #7
Dj2white

yea

that gives me an idea. this highschool league could become a minature ICC. Run by the Team captains from the Schools. What do you think?

check my thread and make me some offers: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=450257
Old 05-20-2003, 09:08 PM #8
unknownguy
Banned

sounds good if you set it all up, but have two divisions

varsity and junior varsity
Old 05-20-2003, 11:13 PM #9
pimpo su
Banned

i think you guys might be looking past the amount of responsiblity and time that goes into this kinda thing. see if it even makes it one year before you get ahead of yourselves.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:45 PM #10
thedeadbox

If you need a facility to hold an event at, let me know. I am sure teams who played the May ICC can tell you we have a top notch facility. And we won't ref. We have two hyper ball fields and room for two airball.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:33 PM #11
Dj2white

waht is your facility and where is it located at?

Old 05-22-2003, 05:51 PM #12
pimpo su
Banned

he bro, where i work, we do allot of stuff with the area schools. so incase your going to send them some info heres the addresses of some of them

Albion Middle School
401 E. Highland
Albion, IN. 46701

Angola High School
755 South 1000 East
Angola, In. 46703

Angola Middle School
575 E. US Highway 20
Angola, IN. 46703

Avilla Middle School
P.O. Box 9
Avilla, IN. 46710

Bryan High School
150 S. Portland Street
Bryan, OH. 43506-1686

Carroll High School
3701 Carroll Road
Fort Wayne, IN. 46818

Central Noble High School
302 Cougar Street
Albion, IN. 46701

DeKalb High School
3424 CR. 427
Waterloo, IN. 46793

DeKalb Middle School
3338 CR. 427
Waterloo, IN. 46793

Eastside High School
603 E. Green Street
Butler, IN. 46721

Eastside Junior High School
603 E. Green Street
Butler, IN. 46721

Fairview High School
06289 US 127
Sherwood, OH. 43556-9801

Fremont High School
P.O. Box 655
Fremont, IN. 46737

Fremont Middle School
P.O. Box E
Fremont, IN. 46737

Garrett High School
801 East Houston
Garrett, IN. 46738

Garrett Junior High School
801 East Houston
Garrett, IN. 46738

Hamilton High School
903 S. Wayne Street
Hamilton, IN. 46742

Hamilton Middle School
903 S. Wayne Street
Hamilton, IN. 46742

Hicksville High School
105 E. Smith Street
Hicksville, OH. 43526-1110

Kendallville Middle School
401 E. Diamond Street
Kendallville, IN. 46755

Lakewood Park Christian School
5555 County Road 29 South
Auburn, IN. 46706

Leo Junior-Senior High School
14600 Amstutz Road
Leo, IN. 46765

Prairie Heights High School
245 S. 1150 E.
Lagrange, IN. 46761-9669

Smith-Green High School
1 Eagle Drive
Churubusco, IN. 46723
Old 05-22-2003, 06:37 PM #13
Zpro8
Banned

Dont forget Homestead High School in Ft. Wayne
Old 05-22-2003, 07:37 PM #14
Joe Tanasovich

Joe Tanasovich supports Team VICIOUS
Scecina Memorial High School
5000 Nowland Avenue
Indianapolis, Indiana 46201
(317) 356-6377
Old 05-22-2003, 08:39 PM #15
ilovemymatrix

Do any of you guys know how much this might cost a school that would like to participate? I asked my principle at school if we could have a club a while ago and he was all for it, but the cost of insurance kept it from getting off the ground.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:02 PM #16
Warparty
Oh noes! A snipe-

Annual Supporting Member
Warparty is a Moderator
Then they need to hook up with a facility that would let them play for minimal cahrge, like 5 bucks a player. Then thee would be no need for the schools to pursue the insurance issue. Have the feild supply paint and let them get thiere money off of it, since the High School Leauge would supply the staff, i.e. refs score keepers, etc.

The HSL clubs could do fundraisers, just like all other school clubs to pay for thier play.

Maybe they can get with a marker manufacture to supply 15 markers so the HSL would be skill and not a technology based contest. This would mean that an even playing feild would be there for all players, and not a technology gap the ones who have a freind/relative with $1000+ markers.

I think companies like PMI or National would jump on a promo deal like this.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:16 PM #17
Dj2white

keep the help flowing guys. There is a problem with that whole giving us markers bit. Who is gonna give 15 markers away for free, and then who is gonna trade their 1000+ marker for a 100 buck marker? The gap is filled by raw talent. Everyone knows that it takes one ball to get you out. Whether you own a piranha or an angel wont matter as long as you've got something between the ears and in the tendons of yer trigger fingers.

As far as finding fields goes anybody that can help is appreciated. When you go to your local fields talk to the owners and see what they have to say. See if they are interested. If we get enough fields we can have tournament circuits.

Everyone interested needs to go here, http://www.college-paintball.com/hs/parent.html#cost . send them emails asking for assistance and participation in setting up a league here in the ft.wayne area. Its a must that we get support and ask their help. From what I'm reading there it looks like they have a format and stuff to use and can work with the fields to get us off the ground.

This is gonna take one hell of a lot of work but i think if we want it enough, it will become reality.

Old 05-22-2003, 10:37 PM #18
pimpo su
Banned

the 15 gun plan is a little iffy to say the least. nobody wants to downgrade. and for the few that would upgrade it would be nice but wouldnt be fare to the rest of the players dropping there impulse, matrix, intimidators etc. to shoot a tippman, spyder etc. nothing against those guns at all, but ya know, there are better guns. as for reffing, it could be done like nppl and one of the high school teams could ref and get so many points added to there overall score. then the next tourny another team could ref.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:41 PM #19
Dj2white

true, but just like NPPL, bias is a problem. It would suffice for the first couple years tho. #of teams may become problematic. Trying to decide which format, how many teams and which fields will be a nightmare. Thats where the HCC, or highschool captains council comes in. We would have to ask permission from ICC about that, but it looks like the best way to go.

Old 05-23-2003, 03:39 PM #20
Dj2white

I'm just curious right now. For any of the team captains here who are reading this post...would you be interested in gathering information from your fields, proshops and fellow teammates and then comming to a meeting to discuss what to do next to make this real?

We need to have a discussion backed up by info that everyone has gathered. Lemme know.

Old 05-23-2003, 03:43 PM #21
unknownguy
Banned

i am the captain of my team, and we all are at the same high school and would like to do something like this, post whatever you would like us to do