If you are viewing this page, chances are it is because you tried to access a phishing site!
The link you clicked most likely leads to a site devised to steal your password. Never enter your password into a site without first checking the address bar of your browser and ensuring that the address you are on matches the site you are trying to visit.
The pages above may look the same, but if you look at the address bar you'll notice that the URL of the second screenshot is NOT the real site, but a site pretending to be the real site. Clicking a link to a phishing site would not have automatically given the person phishing your password, but had you entered your username and password, that information would be forwarded onto the person trying to defraud you and given them full access to your account.
What is phishing?
Phishing is an attempt to trick you into entering sensitive information (like your password or credit card information) into a fake website. Once a phisher has access to such information, they could potentially use your account to break the law and even steal from you or other people. Read more about it here at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing
or just google "phishing" for more info.
How do I avoid being phished?
Always check the URL at the top of your browser to verify you are on the right website before entering your password. Make sure you vary your passwords from site to site. This way, if your Myspace password gets successfully phished, you won't have given the phisher access to your PbNation, Paypal or Bank accounts.
What do I do if I have already been phished?
1. Act quickly before they do something illegal or against the rules on the site.
2. Reset your password on PbNation by clicking here
and entering your email address.
3. Change all accounts (email, Myspace, eBay, bank, paypal, PbNation, etc) that use that specific password to a new and completely different password.
4. Verify your email address listed in your account is correct and current.
5. Look through your sent PM receipts. If you see any that you did not send, PM them and let them know to ignore the previous message. Warn them not to click any links.
6. Look through your recent posts. Delete or edit any you did not make.
How do I report a user phishing or a phishing site?
Just click this link
and enter the name of the phisher and the url of the fake website he is using.
Example of a phishing PM