PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-02-2007, 12:28 AM #1
dirty907
Say my name!

dirty907 is a Supporting Member
Hi, I'm Ryan, I am addicted to pump...

so, the story starts 16 years ago...late 1990/early 1991. My uncle hands me a NSG Splatmaster, of I go to shoot a friend of mine.. a few months later, i get my first "real" pump, a TASO Spartan (right feed, back bottle, autotrigger) wow, I loved that thing. Then a few months after that, paintball died in my area (SE Alaska) so, all my gear ended up getting sold to some random Coast Guard guy who was transferring to SC. Fast forward to 2003. I had a friend call me up one hungover morning, sayas something to the effect "lets go shoot some people". How irresistable that was. So off we go, to Walmart to buy some cheap paint (how horrible that paint was) and then to my friends garage to pick up his guns (I didnt own a gun at the time). We went out, and somehow I ended up getting to shoot some people, kind of a omg, I had no idea there were people that were worse than me sort of thing. Anyhow, as time went on, I went through the phase of bigger.better.faster. that most people seem to progress through. One day as I was out randomly looking around in a video store that was having a close out sale, I saw a box sitting behind the counter, I happened to see what looked like the barrel of a paintball gun sticking out. I asked the owner, and sure enough, it was a paintball gun. A P68 to be precise. I picked it up, fondled it a little, then promptly tried to buy it from Tad (the video store owner). He didnt want to sell. So, with a sad feeling in my heart, I wandered off home, only to look around on the internet at pump guns. Found a VSC Phantom on ebay for fairly cheap, bought it... finally it arrived at my local post office. OMG oh glorious day. Went out to my local "field", managed to go 3 whole games without getting destroyed by the semi players, even managed to shoot 2 people . Now I am totally addicted to pump play, and have a CCM S5 on the way to me. I cant wait. The anticipation is killing me. Yes, I have a problem. My poor NXT is going to live the rest of its life in the gearbag.
-Ryan-
Old 10-02-2007, 07:31 AM #2
frosty64
Paintball People Eater

My Lotus is going to start collecting dust in a gun case that used to house my Tippmann 98. now my sniper and phantom are the top dogs in the gear bag. Sure ill bring it along, but i probably wont touch her in the same way that I used to. Im in love with 2 new girls :-P
Tippmann 98 - Backup

"Originally posted by MisterMister: Why not just shoot frozen reballs? When you hear the scream of pain you know they are out!"
frosty64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:31 AM #3
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

has been a member for 10 years
i wanna start the club here on PBN -

"i thought playing pump would save me money, but it can;t with all the nice pumps i want to buy"

maybe the title is too long ...
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:33 AM #4
DarkArmorPB
VampiresTasteLikeChicken

DarkArmorPB is a Supporting Member
Or, " Pump Guns = Potatochips. You can't have just one.."

DA
DarkArmorPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:21 AM #5
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

ah - STL thats a great idea!

you wanna be co-founder?
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:47 AM #6
Linuss

14 guns in 6 weeks.... >_>
Linuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:44 PM #7
grw4w34
Pump. Shoot. Repeat.

I feel you man, I have a phantom coming to me. The anticipation is crazy after using my buddies phantom for the last few weekends. I too am a pump addict.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:19 PM #8
tigwldr
Chaos

Annual Supporting Member
tigwldr is a Supporting Member
tigwldr is playing at Living Legends VII
I know the feeling. I have been buying parts for a Series 5 now for 2 months. I have been in PA on buisness for 4 weeks now. I have pcs in my bag here, there is parts in my mail bax and at my house already. When does my flight leave...There is a gun waiting for me to put together. I can't wait much longer, it needs some attention.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:55 PM #9
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

I really want some brass and a Nelspot. Unfortunately, I can't afford then, and it's hard to find Nelspots.

Oh well, gotta stick with the VSC Phantom.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:41 AM #10
captainspaulding

I have

2 tilt feed pgs

1 pmi pihrana sb

1 pmi 1

2 pgps

2 rebline mk IIs ( one is NOS)

1 taso spartan with matching camo 7 oz tank

2 nelspot 007s

3 phantoms

1 taso blackhawk

1 pumpmag

2 (soon to be way more) snipers

1 kingman hammer

2 splatmasters

and an apex elite

yes,,,,, I have a problem

and milky, I am from florence Ma ( right next door)
Greg from executive paintball has a couple more 007s up in the barn. they are rough but I got mine from him for $20.00 for the pair ( in bad shape) but restorable
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/WMASSREGULATORS
my blog,Life Behind Lenses:
http://lifebehindlenses.blogspot.com/
help Adam
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2796449

Last edited by captainspaulding : 10-05-2007 at 07:53 AM.
captainspaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:55 PM #11
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Really now? I drive by there when we go boating and my one of my mom's friends has family up there too. I'll have to check that out.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:19 PM #12
mamo06 (Banned)
User title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArmorPB View Post
Or, " Pump Guns = Potatochips. You can't have just one.."

Sigged
mamo06 is offline   Reply With Quote