Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-02-2014, 12:51 AM #1
axe master

upgrade board really needed?

Okay so i have a custom ion with stock board, is it really needed to get a upgrade board for ramping mode 12bps?

Upgrades include
Ndz bolt
Clippard qev
And then empire axe asa/regulator

So except for battery life and simplified programming would i run into problems at constant ramping 12bps?
axe master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2014, 12:22 PM #2
Devlin123

stock board doesn't have ramp as far as I know. the epiphany did though if I remember correctly, blackheart as well.. and most other upgrade boards.

here's the manual: http://www.p8ntbox.com/manuels/Ion.pdf
Old 08-02-2014, 02:17 PM #3
axe master

It does rebound mode....its similar to ramping?
Old 08-03-2014, 04:46 AM #4
Devlin123

ramp = click click click hold = full auto at preset ROF
rebound = click click click click click = full auto at preset ROF as long as you pull the trigger fast enough

so yes, in the sense that it will go into full auto mode at preset ROF, no in the sense that you can just hold the trigger down rather than keep pulling it.

if you have a EU board you should also have a true full auto setting..
Old 08-03-2014, 06:11 AM #5
axe master

Let me rephrase...psp mode, click click click then it increases to the set ROF.. While keeping the constant initial rof at 3bps. The rebound works the same.

What i want to know is, is it really needed for a upgrade board if my stock board works like that, would those added features really make such a difference?
Old 08-03-2014, 09:34 AM #6
Devlin123

Well, getting the tourny legal 12,5bps (or whatnot) might be a tad more difficult as it is set to 15bps on the stock board, but tinkering with dwell and stuff you will get the same end result, there just isn't a simple "one click cap" other than the 15bps.

but for any play outside of tourny? nope.

I have had various boards in my ions (virtue, 7th element, blackheart) and all have always been set to semi. The same with my pm8 (virtue'd), inspire nano (licensed dp g3) and whatnot else I have owned.

If you feel you cannot click the trigger fast enough then there's always the 3shot burst and stuff you can use. I wouldn't change it unless it broke. heck, I even turned one ion mech.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:06 AM #7
axe master

The ion is runnig at the moment 11.9 to 12bps in rebound mode
Old 08-03-2014, 12:50 PM #8
Devlin123

well, then I don't see any point to upgrade it. unless it breaks.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:56 PM #9
axe master

Cool thanks