Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 01:40 AM #64
Ralo

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Air View Post
You forgot about the $5 tax. It is included in there also. Think of it as $5 entry, $5 all day air and $5 tax then you are buying a case of Evil for $45. That is pretty near cost. Paintballgear.com has them for $52.50 plus shipping. If you buy Evil by the case at my store, you will pay $70 plus tax and still have nowhere to play.

To Clay and the rest of the Arkansas croud: Again, I say that you are some of the nicest and most professional of the team guys around. Nobody called you anything or kicked you out. You took my comments about the blower as an accusation that I said you broke it. I never said that. What I said was that "you guys" broke it meaning a tourney guy. I brought it up only to show you that keeping the Air-Ball is a money losing position and all we want is a little courtesy, help and respect. You are always welcome back, welcome to call me or welcome to never come again. Your choice.
David or Eric?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2007, 06:08 AM #65
4x4le

for the price you could get rec sport or cryptic for, you could probably sell it for less and it should shoot just as good through the rentals. I know allot of fields that use that with no trouble. You could probably make just as much if not more money selling it too. That is if your taking suggestions on making your field better.

Lets see this thread turn for the better and we can all loose the attitudes.
take some honest suggestions into consideration, and see if they work. I want to see paintball grow and people boycotting your field isnt going to help that happen any time soon. I know speedball is where its at, so you need some speedballers there for the rec players to look up to, because I know they do.
At almost any field that I go to, the noobs that wont play the speedballers are watching them play and wishing they were that good. That will make them continue coming.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:12 AM #66
EZ Air

To 4X4le,

This is Eric. Unfortunately, what you think is just not true. You say "I know speedball is where its at, so you need some speedballers there for the rec players to look up to, because I know they do." 15 years of experience, fact after fact from store and field owners and statistics from Dye, KEE, and others prove that 90% of the profit lies in Recball. This is absolutely backed up by the Memphis Paintball Park.

We support tourney guys because that is what we like and what we play. However, we lose money supporting that end of the field. And this is a business designed and run to make money. Almost all tournaments and tournament series have died in the last few years. Most of you are too young to remember that DTX won 21 touneys one year and made over 10K. Those days are long gone. The tournrys that are left lose money except for the fact that they are propped up by the big guys or outside money. at $2000-$3400 per team entry, both NPPL and PSP are going broke. Big guys no longer donate prizes or care who wins. The owners are no longer sponsoring teams and even the factory Pro teams are being cut off and folding. We support and will continue to support the advanced players but make no mistake: We do it so the new guys continue to buy Tippmanns, Piranhas and Spyders....So they buy memberships where they can buy Evil paint at $63 plus tax or they play occasionally where they are happy to buy Evil at $82 a case (plus tax). Rent on that land, refs and other costs are not cheap. We don't want Recsport for cheap to attract more players. We want Evil to profit enough to continue a successful business that has made money for 20 years. As you have pointed out, we could always be nicer. Haha.

You are right that we have beaten this thing to death here. Let me close by saying that yes, the numbers for the "speedball" field are down. 10-15 on Saturday and a record low of about 10 this last Sunday. Now that it is cooling off, we have no doubt the numbers will come back up. Keep in mind, we have 7 groups "pre-paid" for Saturday alone. As for your boycot as you say....for every player that moves on or quits, another seems to pop out of the bushes. WE DON'T WANT TO SEE ANYONE QUIT! You are all welcome. The reality is that if you go to another field around here, the 10-15 tourney guys they MIGHT have are considered a good turnout. We expect over 200 players every weekend.

Clay,

I don't really know where we went so wrong with you. Step back and read all the posts. I think we are going to be OK together, maybe not. No hard feelings on our part. Wherever you go, your team will do well. Good luck.

For those that consider Memphis their paintball home, we will continue to support your tournament ambitions regardless of where you play. For those that want or need to move on, we wish you the best. Come by the store and hang-out sometime. I will be there probably watching Bonanza
Old 10-18-2007, 01:41 PM #67
Keiser Sosei
Smash Bros.

Keiser Sosei is a Supporting Member
Keiser Sosei plays in the APPA D5 division
There is a chance things will work out.

I would return to play at MPP if there were a better field. Not that it would have to be a brand new X-Ball field, just bunkers that worked. There would have to be a written agreement if there were any type of sponsership deals, that way there is no confusion. The paint situation would have to change. Even though you guys say that you get paint at the park every two weeks its the same every time I have bought it, hard and doesnt break well. As for the pricing maybe you guys could consider a $20 entry/air with BYOP. As for keeping people from cheating you on the entry try using wrist bands, they are very cheap and a good way to keep track of who is who. You might also try doing a yearly fee that allows people to BYOP and maybe a discount if they buy the paint from you guys. As for 90% od profit being in rec I can see that at the park but speedball definetly helps out stores.

As for what 4x4le said about recballers looking up to speedballers. That is true in some cases but for the most part recballers are recballers some of them have been playing long before us and have found a way to really enjoy paintball instead of being mad at it all the time (like me). I have seen people come to parks and find out about speedball and start playing but that is a very small percentage. I think the main thing here is that even if recball is 90% of a business you still want to have that other 10%.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:25 PM #68
mht_thomp

mht_thomp is a Supporting Member
I really hope you guys will give the Park another try. I assure you that now that the field is under Evins's care, it's getting better every week. The paint seemed to be breaking better last Sunday too. I don't know if it's the temperature or what, but it was far from the basketball quality its had in the recent past.

And, I apologize for being somewhat of a flippant jerk in my previous posts.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:26 PM #69
wethreebe

Soooo....does western Tennessee have any tourneys regularly??? I just moved down here from Michigan where I could find a local tourney every weekend (spring through fall) and it's lookin' pretty grim down here. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Old 10-28-2007, 02:23 AM #70
4x4le

Well, there is a league in Chatt town everyonce in a while (far from you) , but I would just keep checking the regionl forum because it seems like allot of people know to post here when they are having a tourny.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:58 AM #71
tsp8ntball

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Air View Post
To 4X4le,

This is Eric. Unfortunately, what you think is just not true. You say "I know speedball is where its at, so you need some speedballers there for the rec players to look up to, because I know they do." 15 years of experience, fact after fact from store and field owners and statistics from Dye, KEE, and others prove that 90% of the profit lies in Recball. This is absolutely backed up by the Memphis Paintball Park.

We support tourney guys because that is what we like and what we play. However, we lose money supporting that end of the field. And this is a business designed and run to make money. Almost all tournaments and tournament series have died in the last few years. Most of you are too young to remember that DTX won 21 touneys one year and made over 10K. Those days are long gone. The tournrys that are left lose money except for the fact that they are propped up by the big guys or outside money. at $2000-$3400 per team entry, both NPPL and PSP are going broke. Big guys no longer donate prizes or care who wins. The owners are no longer sponsoring teams and even the factory Pro teams are being cut off and folding. We support and will continue to support the advanced players but make no mistake: We do it so the new guys continue to buy Tippmanns, Piranhas and Spyders....So they buy memberships where they can buy Evil paint at $63 plus tax or they play occasionally where they are happy to buy Evil at $82 a case (plus tax). Rent on that land, refs and other costs are not cheap. We don't want Recsport for cheap to attract more players. We want Evil to profit enough to continue a successful business that has made money for 20 years. As you have pointed out, we could always be nicer. Haha.

You are right that we have beaten this thing to death here. Let me close by saying that yes, the numbers for the "speedball" field are down. 10-15 on Saturday and a record low of about 10 this last Sunday. Now that it is cooling off, we have no doubt the numbers will come back up. Keep in mind, we have 7 groups "pre-paid" for Saturday alone. As for your boycot as you say....for every player that moves on or quits, another seems to pop out of the bushes. WE DON'T WANT TO SEE ANYONE QUIT! You are all welcome. The reality is that if you go to another field around here, the 10-15 tourney guys they MIGHT have are considered a good turnout. We expect over 200 players every weekend.

Clay,

I don't really know where we went so wrong with you. Step back and read all the posts. I think we are going to be OK together, maybe not. No hard feelings on our part. Wherever you go, your team will do well. Good luck.

For those that consider Memphis their paintball home, we will continue to support your tournament ambitions regardless of where you play. For those that want or need to move on, we wish you the best. Come by the store and hang-out sometime. I will be there probably watching Bonanza

I've watched this thread roll on and have kept my mouth shut. I know Clay. I know Eric. I know Memphis Park and you can add my 15 years of experience running a field to what Eric is saying (diplomatically I might add).

I keep my mouth shut because I tend to not be so diplomatic. As many of you know I washed my hands of tournaments and tournament players years ago. Nearly 99% of the problems that develop between tournament players and field owners is a result of the tournament player.

Go ahead and take offense. Get your hackles up. Dispute me. Yell at me. Call me names. I've heard it all and more. 99% of the time (and I repeat 99% in order to leave a loop hole for all of you that want to think you fit in the 1% club) tournament players shoot themselves in the foot (pardon the pun) and create stress between themselves and the field owner.

Sometimes it's because expectations are too high or demands are unreasonable. A lot of times thoughts and decisions are based on emotions that bump head to head with the realities of a good business plan. Egos bruise, tensions build and in the end nobody wins.

Some problems you have to live with. Some problems are unnecessary so you eliminate them from your life. Fields don't need tournament players to survive. Tournament players don't need the fields to survive (go set up your own practice field).

But if for what ever reason the two want to try and co-exist, tournament players have got to learn to tone down the attitude and come to the field owner (hat in hand) and work out an agreement - NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!

I feel for you Eric. I feel for you Clay. The rest of you can fire away at me if you want but realize it will fall on deaf ears. I've been "peace - out" on this one for many years now and after some of the things I re-experienced in Orlando this past weekend I will remain that way.

Love and kisses.

Mick
http://tsquarepaintball.blogspot.com/
Big 6 hour game on the 18th! Rec ball at it's finest!!

Last edited by tsp8ntball : 11-03-2007 at 11:00 AM. Reason: add:
Old 11-11-2009, 04:00 PM #72
NickThePumpPlaya

NickThePumpPlaya supports Team VICIOUS
omg... this thread is from 2007!!! cmon just get it deleted the park has changed alot its better then the one in nashville and the staff is great here now. come back and youll see if your even playing paintball anymore.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:01 PM #73
NickThePumpPlaya

NickThePumpPlaya supports Team VICIOUS
oh yeah and incase david reads this had fun bowling against u man... even tho i cam in last place every single time lol
Old 11-11-2009, 04:48 PM #74
plastic

And no one posted SINCE 2007... Way to thread resurrect..
Old 11-11-2009, 04:52 PM #75
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Here are some more recent threads to use:

Current Memphis Paintball Park Thread:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3244042

Official thread linked from the Field listing:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2922508
Closed Thread