Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2007, 08:55 AM #43
themaxx-captain
-= EZPaintball.com =-
 
themaxx-captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Memphis, TN
themaxx-captain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
themaxx-captain supports Cereal Killerz 2
themaxx-captain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
That's impressive but there are no timestamps to judge the timeframe of the photos, not a single person asked me to top off the bunkers on Sunday.

I aired up every bunker on Sunday between 11:30am - 12:00 and I began reffing my private group at 1:30pm... I checked the field at that time and there was 1 dorito and 1 can that was starting to "wrinkle" from low air. That's around 2 hours that the field held air. At that time, I even asked 2 of the speedball players there to let me know when the bunkers get low and I'd come fill them. Later that day, I was asked to come play... but I was never asked to air any bunkers up or informed the field was low.

Normally, I'd be there playing so I'd know when the field is getting low... but I was asked to Ref a private group on Sunday. Groups are required to book a week in advance or they are not guaranteed to have a private ref... 2 of the 3 private groups on Sunday booked on Friday night but David still found Refs for them on short notice.

Last edited by themaxx-captain : 10-16-2007 at 09:53 AM.
themaxx-captain is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2007, 09:54 AM #44
jamesp
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
let me get some understanding of this...... you (a player) have to ask an associate (paid person) to air up a field that you (a player) has paid to pLay on???? Am I missing something?

You stated you noticed 2 bunkers "wrinkled", QUESTION Why did you not air them up??? It should only take 2.5 sec with your "magical $500.00 blower"

"later I was asked to come play".......LIGHTBULB check on the field to see were the 2 bunkers that I didn't air before and knew they were "wrinkled", are they flat, very wrinkled or did someone air them up??

TAKING CARE OF THE FIELD AND PLAYERS!!!

P.S. soap, water and elbow grease do wonders

Last edited by jamesp : 10-16-2007 at 09:57 AM. Reason: SPELLING
jamesp is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 10:55 AM #45
themaxx-captain
-= EZPaintball.com =-
 
themaxx-captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Memphis, TN
themaxx-captain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
themaxx-captain supports Cereal Killerz 2
themaxx-captain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nah, you got it wrong.

The blower is already out there. I was there as a player to play and I filled all the bunkers prior to the park opening. I'm 29 now.. I've been reffing at that field since I was 16... the owner asked if I could work a private group that late booked... and I agreed and I asked the guys to let me know if the field needs air and I'll go do it.

We had 3 private groups on Sunday, 2 were late booked groups that booked friday night, and we had 30 or so in the open group. We had 5 staffers that day... one at the register, the other 4 each had a group to ref.

I was reffing a private group... I wasn't going to leave them just to come check on the status of the airball field but I would filled the airball field during a game break had someone told me I needed to come back to the clubhouse to fill the airball field.

Yea, I was asked to play from across the courtyard... about 200 - 300 feet away, as I was taking my group to the wooded fields. I'll be sure to keep my binoculars in my ref backpack, so I can scan the field from the wooded fields.

Lastly, the original complaint was that the players wanted someone who would fill the bunkers when they got low and make sure the field was up before they got there. Nate is still missing and we haven't hired another full-time staff member yet, but I came out early and made sure the field was up and I was there to be notified if the bunkers needed to be topped off.

Yea, running water would be nice but MLGW wants $8,000 to put in a water meter ... which is required prior to us being able to lay a water line for city water... and as we're not the landowner, thats not our call to make.

I would have to argue that the Park is taking care of the field and players. The Park had 3 private groups and an open group of 30 players... and then 6 airball players. They went out of their way to provide extra refs for the late booking private groups, sadly at the expense of the 6 airball players and the airball field.

Keep the questions/complaints/issues coming... I love internet discourse. The Park will continue to improve, but suggestions are welcomed.

On a side note, we will be selling all of the airball fields in the very near future. So if you want individual bunkers for practice or need a full field for cheap, stay tuned.

Last edited by themaxx-captain : 10-16-2007 at 11:10 AM.
themaxx-captain is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 12:25 PM #46
mht_thomp
...
 
mht_thomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Whiteville, TN
mht_thomp is a Supporting Member
Wow, this makes the last time I'm going to take pictures for a long time. I came to the park solely to take pictures that day so that some of the newer players to the airball field could download some pics of themselves. I put them on a local forum so the players they're of can see them. Next thing I know, they wind up on nation as propaganda for a cause that I'm on the opposite side of. Yeah, I know you have every right to repost them, but I am still genuinely pissed off.

As Evins said, these pictures were taken almost 3 hours after the field was first blown up. It's an old field that is going to be replaced soon. Just give it a break.

You've already gotten your message across that you think MPP sucks. You say you're never coming back again. So just let it go, it's not going to affect you ever again. You're just wasting your time by continuing to rave. I really, really hope you have enough of a life to have something better to do; if, by chance, so, go do it.
mht_thomp is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 02:33 PM #47
Ralo
 
 
Ralo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Dirty
Annual Supporting Member
6 players on the airball field?
Ralo is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 02:41 PM #48
themaxx-captain
-= EZPaintball.com =-
 
themaxx-captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Memphis, TN
themaxx-captain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
themaxx-captain supports Cereal Killerz 2
themaxx-captain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
(1) Brad N., (2) Brad's son, (3)Colin C., (4) Yellow Evil Jersey #1, (5) Yellow Evil Jersey #2, (6) JT Jersey/Diablo pants

At around 4:30 - 5:00, 2 of the private groups wrapped up... those refs were then done for the day, and I think they geared up and joined into a few of the games.
themaxx-captain is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 02:59 PM #49
Ralo
 
 
Ralo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Dirty
Annual Supporting Member
Not much of a turnout
Ralo is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 03:06 PM #50
themaxx-captain
-= EZPaintball.com =-
 
themaxx-captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Memphis, TN
themaxx-captain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
themaxx-captain supports Cereal Killerz 2
themaxx-captain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nah, not for speedball... but the park had about 70 - 80 total players on Sunday once you add in the woodsball players.

The Park has also built an eigth wooded field with bridges similar to those on the "Canyon" field.
themaxx-captain is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 04:03 PM #51
mht_thomp
...
 
mht_thomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Whiteville, TN
mht_thomp is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralo View Post
Not much of a turnout
Besides those six, I and another regular were there but didn't play; I usually bring four guys who couldn't come that day; there are three other regulars who weren't there; and another three who haven't been playing lately because of busy schedules. All in all, it was just a slow day for airball.
mht_thomp is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 07:19 PM #52
Keiser Sosei
Smash Bros.
 
Keiser Sosei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jonesboro, AR
Keiser Sosei is a Supporting Member
Keiser Sosei plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by mht_thomp View Post
Wow, this makes the last time I'm going to take pictures for a long time. I came to the park solely to take pictures that day so that some of the newer players to the airball field could download some pics of themselves. I put them on a local forum so the players they're of can see them. Next thing I know, they wind up on nation as propaganda for a cause that I'm on the opposite side of. Yeah, I know you have every right to repost them, but I am still genuinely pissed off.

As Evins said, these pictures were taken almost 3 hours after the field was first blown up. It's an old field that is going to be replaced soon. Just give it a break.

You've already gotten your message across that you think MPP sucks. You say you're never coming back again. So just let it go, it's not going to affect you ever again. You're just wasting your time by continuing to rave. I really, really hope you have enough of a life to have something better to do; if, by chance, so, go do it.
3 Hours? Thats it? Those bunkers are maybe 1 year old? From what everyone is saying even if they buy an 08 X-Ball field it will be in the same shape in less than a year.

As for me having a life it took me less than 5 minutes to rehost those pics and post them on here. I would let it go but like you said I am genuinely pissed off at Eric and David.
Keiser Sosei is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 10:54 PM #53
themaxx-captain
-= EZPaintball.com =-
 
themaxx-captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Memphis, TN
themaxx-captain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
themaxx-captain supports Cereal Killerz 2
themaxx-captain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiser Sosei View Post
3 Hours? Thats it? Those bunkers are maybe 1 year old? From what everyone is saying even if they buy an 08 X-Ball field it will be in the same shape in less than a year.

Nope, While I understand you're still upset with the Zorns, You really should only post legitimate issues and refrain from posting items which you have no real knowledge about. That field is well over 1 year old... its actually around 2 years old... and so begins my narrative on the history of this maligned airball field. They bought this field together as a package deal with another airball field, the other was destined for their indoor facility in Chicago, Chicagoland Paintball. This purchase was around the time they were performing major renovations to Chicagoland, remodeling the player staging area, buying new netting, buying improved lighting, and buying new turf for the 38,000 sq ft facility. The field was brought to Memphis from Chicago in that white "paintball distributors" truck which can be seen in the park parking lot. As far as weekly field maintenance is concerned, the field was deflated and packed up every Sunday night... and then unpacked and reinflated every thursday or friday. However, field mice began inhabiting the stacked bunkers in the bunker shed... not willing to risk customers health with anti-vermin compounds or potentially hazardous vermin feces on the bunkers led us to leaving the field out in the weather.

That field has the "self-venting" caps to prevent overfilling... but we're convinced that they're bleeding non-stop. David aired up the field last week and patched the holes & reglued seams where he found leaks. Sup-Air has given us a few ideas on how to slow down or seal the "venting" from occurring, so we'll be testing those out this week if the rain ever stops.

As far as the 2008 field is concerned, I know David has bought a series of 5 gallon buckets, small window squeeges, and plastic scubbers for the airball field... in hopes of keeping down the staining and residue issues. Since we don't have access running water, that remains an ongoing issue for us... but maybe they can find a towable water buffalo and park it by the airball field.

Again, I remind everyone that the original complaint was that the field was not inflated prior to opening and that no staff members were readily available or eager to inflate the field. I feel that issue has since been addressed... the field was inflated before noon and staff was available to air the field when needed. We did have a larger than normal crowd playing on Sunday which stretched the staff thin, so we did ask for the airball players to give us a shout when the airball bunkers were getting too low. I don't think its asking that much of the airball players... we aren't asking them to fill the bunkers but rather on busy days like Sunday, just give us a heads up when they get low.

You are welcome to bash, flame, criticize the park to your heart's desire... which is your right. The park will continue to operate in the meantime, taking the issues from this thread and improving the park.

Last edited by themaxx-captain : 10-16-2007 at 11:40 PM.
themaxx-captain is offline  
Old 10-17-2007, 02:10 AM #54
Ralo
 
 
Ralo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Dirty
Annual Supporting Member
So the speedball scene is more or less dead? I don't want to hear "there were six people there"
Ralo is offline  
Old 10-17-2007, 03:02 AM #55
4x4le
 
 
4x4le's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tennessee
I dont own any business or anything, but I would think that even if you feel this is all stupid and everyone that comes to you field is a ****en idiot, and no one knows what they are talking about, what you should do is simply say "were sorry for your bad time at our field and we would like to make it up to you somehow" "we are going to be making improvements as we know they are long past due". Not "we dont make much money off you speed ballers anyways, deal with it, **** you, we dont need you retards playing here anyways."
your treating everyone like they are retards, wonder why speedball isnt big there?????? People that know about the game and have been to fields that are good have every right to be pissed about your field. What is your plan? Keep every player that comes there a noob and naive so you can rape them on prices?
Hang it up, havent you ever heard that the customer is always right?
You say that the majority of your business is from the rec players, that means allot of them are first timers or very inexperienced. In this day and age the computers and the internet is used for everything. A simple search on google will bring you to this page, even the first timers that know nothing about paintball or speedball will see how the staff talks to their customers.

You also say that speedball people dont bring you much money? Most every field that I have ever been to made all their money off speedballers. Maybe if you start treating the people that come there right more people will end up getting advanced enough to become a speedballer.

I could just keep typing but it probably wouldnt get through.
__________________
s13 silvia owner/driver/drifter and now tuner Tuning paintball guns was too easy, now I'm tuning Nissan factory ecu's
In my area? Have a nissan? Want to be faster, kill speed limiter, better fuel mileage Higher/lower rev limiter? Change injectors or maf? Run off e85? Hit me up.
4x4le is offline  
Old 10-17-2007, 08:11 AM #56
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever
 
Pump Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Wisconsin
Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Photo posts removed by request.
__________________
WISCONSIN NAVARONE
Pump Scout's Curator's Corner thread
Inception Designs

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline  
Old 10-17-2007, 12:21 PM #57
themaxx-captain
-= EZPaintball.com =-
 
themaxx-captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Memphis, TN
themaxx-captain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
themaxx-captain supports Cereal Killerz 2
themaxx-captain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
First off, I've not insulted anyone in this thread. Kaiser doesn't play at the park on a regular basis and has no factual knowledge of when the Airball field was purchased. Go reread what I said above... I asked for him to post legitimate complaints but not post on things that he has no knowledge of. He stated that "the field was a only year old... if that"... and that is simply a lie. Also, the airball field WAS packed down, put into a truck and loaded into a trailer about 400 feet away. Truck died, so it was cheaper to build a bunker shed beside the field than have the truck replaced... shed was built.. worked for about 6 months until it became home to field mice... so the field is now left out. I understand he's passionate in his disdain for the Zorn's and what happened at the Park but making up facts, like when the field was purchased or that they don't care about their fields, won't be tolerated.


FACT: The park was shorthanded and didn't air the airball field up
The park already admitted that they were short handed and they've addressed that issue. I don't mind discussing legitimate issues people have with the park but I won't allow people to spout off facts that aren't true.

FACT: Airball went from $10 BYOP to Field Paint Only
The park addressed the paint pricing issue... and that it came about because the airball players were skipping out on the admission fee. They may reinstate the $10 BYOP for airball at some point, but right now... they have to buy field paint because too many were playing for free.

FACT: Airball field was not aired up or topped off during the day
The park acknowledged the airball field issue and David patched and repaired the bunkers last week... and new plugs are going into the bunkers so they'll stay playable for more than 3 hours at a time. Again, this was a job duty of our full-time employee who is still missing. Before he disappeared, he had been replacing the walking path lanscape timbers and repairing the airball pavillion, netting, and cabling. He had extra patch kits on order.

I've been working in retail for 13 years, and the key is that Customers are to be treated with respect. The park has already said it addressed those employees who weren't polite with the airball customers. Despite that, certain people never approached David, the owner who was not present the day this happened, but immediately ran to the internet to bash the park and have already said they'll never be a customer at the park again, but we're still taking their criticism and making changes where we see its needed. More than likely, they'll stay disgruntled and never return... and the park will be improved from their complaints and suggestions from our players.

Well, we have a large percentage of repeat customers as evidenced by our large membership database. In addition, we often have birthday parties where the same parties come back but just celebrating another kid's birthday... because the new birthday kid had so much fun at his buddy's birthday paintball party. We provide customers with clean, functional gear and we ask them often about how the party is going, if they need anything else, and we perform a post party survey to ensure our refs and facility are everything they expected them to be. On Saturdays we have 150 - 200 + people playing on our 8 wooded fields... we also provide a party room and private refs for each birthday/private party because it's what they want and a service we provide since they booked in advance. We have 1 airball field, that single field would NEVER consistently generate the revenue that 8 wooded fields can. If we need, I can break down another mathmatical explanation of how 8 fields will exponentially produce more revenue than one single field. I have to think that other fields may not have the land to develop wooded fields, so you have airball fields because your "revenue per sq foot" could be higher on limited land. Example, if you have 20 acres... then you would potentially make more money with 3 or 4 airball fields than having one or two wooded fields... just because you have to factor in a state mandated parking lot, clubhouse/staging area, buffer zone from adjoining property which all serve to limit your available field size. But this park is on 80 acres... and has been around for 20 years, so it makes sense to cater to the larger revenue source.

Yea, we are aware this thread exists and we just encourage people to check out the park for themselves. We allow people to check out park out for free... they can come grab a mask from the rental counter and check all the fields out. The park has alot more to offer players than just airball and we encourage people to come visit the park to see. You'll see the refs working with each group to maintain a safe playing environment. You will see 4, 5 and sometimes 6 private groups playing at the park on a given saturday. While the park wishes airball would be strong so newer players could watch and experience that style of play, we appreciate our recreational players very much. We have a BYOP day on the first Sunday of every month to give new players and loyal players a chance to save some money but still enjoy all of the park.

Last edited by themaxx-captain : 10-17-2007 at 12:41 PM.
themaxx-captain is offline  
Old 10-17-2007, 12:26 PM #58
themaxx-captain
-= EZPaintball.com =-
 
themaxx-captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Memphis, TN
themaxx-captain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
themaxx-captain supports Cereal Killerz 2
themaxx-captain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralo View Post
So the speedball scene is more or less dead? I don't want to hear "there were six people there"
Yea, speedball at the park is very slow. I think they had maybe 10 - 12 the weekend before last... but thats just a guess from looking through pictures.
themaxx-captain is offline  
Old 10-17-2007, 07:38 PM #59
Ralo
 
 
Ralo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Dirty
Annual Supporting Member
One more thing that kills me is you give some players paint for 60 a case and say its a deal. has to be the dumbest **** I have ever heard. If you can get away with ripping new players a new ******* by charging 90 a case than I guess continue doing it. I just don't understand why the paint is not dropped to a more reasonable price. I am sure there are a lot of people that come play and would love to do it more often but it cost to much. I personal think that if they had paint that ranged from 40-60 a case a lot more people would come on a regular basis. I think just as much money or more could be made because the turn out would be higher.
Ralo is offline  
Old 10-17-2007, 09:21 PM #60
mht_thomp
...
 
mht_thomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Whiteville, TN
mht_thomp is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralo View Post
One more thing that kills me is you give some players paint for 60 a case and say its a deal. has to be the dumbest **** I have ever heard. If you can get away with ripping new players a new ******* by charging 90 a case than I guess continue doing it. I just don't understand why the paint is not dropped to a more reasonable price. I am sure there are a lot of people that come play and would love to do it more often but it cost to much. I personal think that if they had paint that ranged from 40-60 a case a lot more people would come on a regular basis. I think just as much money or more could be made because the turn out would be higher.
As you of course know, there was a $10 BYOP policy a few months ago. That changed because people were walking in and playing without paying the $10. Now, it just so happens that the Park sells Evil paint. Look around and see if you can find Evil paint for less than $60, save online. Also, like Mr. Zorn said earlier in the thread, our entry and air fees are practically included in the paint, since we have to pay neither of those. Let's even go so far to assume that those two fees only account for $10 of the paint cost. I doubt that you'll find many more fields where you get in with all day air for $10 and pay $50 for a case of Evil paint. With the quality of the field increasing by the week thanks to Evins, I'd say it's not a bad deal in the slightest.

What you have to remember here is that David is trying to run a BUSINESS. Evil paint is what he has decided shoots best through the rental guns, and those who shoot the rental guns play on the fields that generate the majority of the revenue for the field, so that's what he sells. It would simply be uneconomical to stock a completely different brand of paint just for the airball crowd. Again, there used to be a BYOP policy, but that failed thanks to a few freeloaders. You can't blame David in the slightest for changing that rule; think about what you would do in that situation.

In conclusion, I still don't understand why the complaints keep coming. We know you're never coming back, so why do you still care what the paint here costs?
mht_thomp is offline  
Old 10-17-2007, 09:59 PM #61
plastic
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mht_thomp View Post
As you of course know, there was a $10 BYOP policy a few months ago. That changed because people were walking in and playing without paying the $10. Now, it just so happens that the Park sells Evil paint. Look around and see if you can find Evil paint for less than $60, save online. Also, like Mr. Zorn said earlier in the thread, our entry and air fees are practically included in the paint, since we have to pay neither of those. Let's even go so far to assume that those two fees only account for $10 of the paint cost. I doubt that you'll find many more fields where you get in with all day air for $10 and pay $50 for a case of Evil paint. With the quality of the field increasing by the week thanks to Evins, I'd say it's not a bad deal in the slightest.

What you have to remember here is that David is trying to run a BUSINESS. Evil paint is what he has decided shoots best through the rental guns, and those who shoot the rental guns play on the fields that generate the majority of the revenue for the field, so that's what he sells. It would simply be uneconomical to stock a completely different brand of paint just for the airball crowd. Again, there used to be a BYOP policy, but that failed thanks to a few freeloaders. You can't blame David in the slightest for changing that rule; think about what you would do in that situation.

In conclusion, I still don't understand why the complaints keep coming. We know you're never coming back, so why do you still care what the paint here costs?
Give me a break, $90 a case is insane.

That's almost 200% markup, if not more, depending on your paint deal.
plastic is offline  
Old 10-17-2007, 10:07 PM #62
EZ Air
 
 
EZ Air's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lakeland, TN
You forgot about the $5 tax. It is included in there also. Think of it as $5 entry, $5 all day air and $5 tax then you are buying a case of Evil for $45. That is pretty near cost. Paintballgear.com has them for $52.50 plus shipping. If you buy Evil by the case at my store, you will pay $70 plus tax and still have nowhere to play.

To Clay and the rest of the Arkansas croud: Again, I say that you are some of the nicest and most professional of the team guys around. Nobody called you anything or kicked you out. You took my comments about the blower as an accusation that I said you broke it. I never said that. What I said was that "you guys" broke it meaning a tourney guy. I brought it up only to show you that keeping the Air-Ball is a money losing position and all we want is a little courtesy, help and respect. You are always welcome back, welcome to call me or welcome to never come again. Your choice.
__________________
Help Support Evil FactoryTeam Buy Evil, Live Evil
http://chicagoevil.com, http://evilstore.com, ezpaintball.com, ezaircompressors.com, chicagoland-paintball.com,and memphispaintball.com
EZ Air is offline  
Old 10-17-2007, 11:40 PM #63
Keiser Sosei
Smash Bros.
 
Keiser Sosei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jonesboro, AR
Keiser Sosei is a Supporting Member
Keiser Sosei plays in the APPA D4 division
Thats nice to finally hear, myself along with everyone else felt like it was an accusation.

The main reason I posted here instead of coming to you was because from all my understanding David is the one who actually owns the field (I am sure he would not have it if it wasnt for you) but I posted here to get a response. Its to bad that the response I got was negative. Apparently most of this came from a misunderstanding, there seemed to be confusion about who was responsible for the field.
Keiser Sosei is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump