Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-24-2007, 01:56 PM #85
OMaLLeY

OMaLLeY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Wait for a new and possibly confusing rule book forthe NPPL in 08..

LOL...

The rules are the rules, keep them in, change them later and do it in a way that all the teams are in the know. Don't "modify" the rules at the end of an event!

It does bum me out! I see rookie teams and Novice teams go for broke in finals and spend time practicing 1 on 1's because of the new finals format!!

And the Pro's get to "debate thier way out of it"...

That bite....

Well I would likeot see how thsi is going to afftect the points...

Last edited by OMaLLeY : 09-24-2007 at 02:17 PM. Reason: I type like crap sometimes....
OMaLLeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2007, 02:06 PM #86
elfwoo2

elfwoo2 is a Paintball photographer
elfwoo2 plays in the APPA beginner division
you could have played the game and then gone and had dinner and maybe a movie with impact after if you like them that much, otherwise play your game and have a real winner.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:09 PM #87
NorCalBaller88
iFap

has been a member for 10 years
Sad, Sad, Sad.

Boo.

Ollie, whether you like it or not, you are such a key player in this arena that the moves you make affect all of us down the road. Your decision was irresponsible, however mistakes are beneficial to learning, so I hope we don't make this mistake again.

"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."

Last edited by NorCalBaller88 : 09-24-2007 at 02:13 PM.
NorCalBaller88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:19 PM #88
Tom?
*>sp

Ollie, I know to you and the Ironmen and Impact this is the solve to all problems, but it isn't. Neither team actually won because neither team won two games or a tie breaker, a player from farside actually agrees that you tied for second, not first, if you tied for first then you would split the first place money and seed points, nothing from second place and the Hurricanes would bump up to second. I know it was a long weekend and everyone was tired but with this sport like others and life for that matter, ther is a winner and a loser, not two winners one.
Tom? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:29 PM #89
Tom?
*>sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farside_Logan View Post
well i guess i'll be the lone dissenter in this forum...

throwing in the caveat that i have more respect for ollie and the other giants who's shoulders we all stand on than this particular interface could possibly allow me to show.

i think the decision to "share victory" was a very poor decision.

is there something i am missing? if you think that you can win, which every pro player should be thinking at all times, you roll the dice. to share in victory with another team, no matter how close you are to them, implies that you entertained thoughts of defeat. and when both teams agree...?

what the hell is happening?

-logan
see I love what you said, look at xfactor they played each other and came out fighting to the end, I'm sure they would have liked to both get first place but it's not how life works, at all, you can't just say "forget the rules and who really wins, we both want first place." you just can't do that
Old 09-24-2007, 02:31 PM #90
OMaLLeY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom? View Post
Ollie, I know to you and the Ironmen and Impact this is the solve to all problems, but it isn't. Neither team actually won because neither team won two games or a tie breaker, a player from farside actually agrees that you tied for second, not first, if you tied for first then you would split the first place money and seed points, nothing from second place and the Hurricanes would bump up to second. I know it was a long weekend and everyone was tired but with this sport like others and life for that matter, ther is a winner and a loser, not two winners one.
I 50/50 on this, but then if you leave a second place tie, then what happens to the team that took fourth??

The other thing would be to see who beat who in the prelims or the semis and like the NFL that decided the "tie Breaker"

But letting the two teams decided how the finals is going to end is wrong.. What about all the other teams that play in the league??

It affects them, and probaly more than the two teams that made the decision
Old 09-24-2007, 02:36 PM #91
Tom?
*>sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMaLLeY View Post
I 50/50 on this, but then if you leave a second place tie, then what happens to the team that took fourth??
they stay there, no one wins
The other thing would be to see who beat who in the prelims or the semis and like the NFL that decided the "tie Breaker"
If we are going by that ironmen would have one because of their rank through out the event

But letting the two teams decided how the finals is going to end is wrong.. What about all the other teams that play in the league??exactly, if no one got second then what about the canes in second and image in 3rd?

It affects them, and probaly more than the two teams that made the decision
Old 09-24-2007, 02:36 PM #92
DaBXRoMeO
Powered by my deskjob...

as in the words of the Great Ricky Bobby, "If you're not FIRST...you're LAST"

and

"You can't have two number one's...yea cuz that'll be eleven."

lmao (love that movie)

but seriously, a splitting of 1st place, is undeserving...
Rockland Raiders '07 #1- AXBL Central Conference
Niagara Raiders '08 #1- AXBL Western Conference
BrOnX HATE '08 - MXL Conference #1 FAN!!!!
DaBXRoMeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:45 PM #93
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:47 PM #94
shamu
Transplanted

Once again, paintball players show just how UNprofessional they can be - making excuses, not taking responsiblity for their actions, disrespecting the sport and mocking their fans

"Our fans are booing and stuff but whatever..." You're telling the fans you don't care what they think? BRILLIANT! Let's attract more fans by telling them they're worthless and we dont' care about them. You're the epitomy of class, Mr Lang.

"Little did I know they were conspiring on a penalty to be pulled on us there for giving Impact the win"

This was the second game, right? You had to play a third game so obviously the tournament wasn't over. Not much of a conspiracy if you still had a chance to win the whole thing.

Maybe if you had stayed around to check the scoresheet you could have argued your case or heard the explanation. But no, you had more important things to do than make sure the details of your job (like checking the scoresheet) were handled.

I'm really tired of hearing this "conspiracy" crap every time a team doesn't like a call that goes against them. Do you think refs conspire for team X in one game, then against them in the next game? Honestly, the refs don't care who wins. It may hurt your gigantic pro egos, but we really could care less about ANY of you. To put it in a way you may understand (and to paraphrase what I heard at least half-a-dozen times this weekend): **** you all.

Maybe players could at least accept responsiblity for their actions. So you got a penalty for trying to finish a move. Big deal. Which sounds more professional after getting a penalty:
- "yes, I took the risk of trying to finish the move because it could have broken the game open."
- "Oh my GOD, you SUCK! You're a worthless piece of ****! Why do you hate us? **** you!"

Today's "pro players"? Professional my ***.
shamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:47 PM #95
OMaLLeY

Quote:
Going by rank would work, becuse if the real reason wa that Impact was tired then Impact would actully be giving up something of value, the first place and get stuck w/ second and then all the poinrts and ranking could stay and make some sense.. And not be a head ache and possible debate @ the end of the season for the series title...

Rules are thier to keep people opinions out of the sports and game it's self.. If you let personal opinions and remove the rule the game is not worth playin'...

IMO...
Old 09-24-2007, 02:52 PM #96
Tom?
*>sp

Quote:
Going by rank would work, becuse if the real reason wa that Impact was tired then Impact would actully be giving up something of value, the first place and get stuck w/ second and then all the poinrts and ranking could stay and make some sense.. And not be a head ache and possible debate @ the end of the season for the series title...

Rules are thier to keep people opinions out of the sports and game it's self.. If you let personal opinions and remove the rule the game is not worth playin'...

IMO...
id the to me? it's ok if it is, I'd just like to know lol
I think it's actually a little sad that Impact would be tired at the end of a tournament, they are professionals and they should train hard enough in practice and the should be ready, other teams do it why can't they?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:56 PM #97
breakout17 (Banned)

lame. im tired lets go home.play paintball.
breakout17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:56 PM #98
OMaLLeY

Quote:
id the to me? it's ok if it is, I'd just like to know lol
I think it's actually a little sad that Impact would be tired at the end of a tournament, they are professionals and they should train hard enough in practice and the should be ready, other teams do it why can't they?
^^ No it's at the the teams deciding who is going to win and how the event is eneded regardkless of the rules...

IMO you're on of the only guys that had something constructive to say ....
Old 09-24-2007, 02:57 PM #99
Tom?
*>sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamu View Post
Once again, paintball players show just how UNprofessional they can be - making excuses, not taking responsiblity for their actions, disrespecting the sport and mocking their fans

"Our fans are booing and stuff but whatever..." You're telling the fans you don't care what they think? BRILLIANT! Let's attract more fans by telling them they're worthless and we dont' care about them. You're the epitomy of class, Mr Lang.

"Little did I know they were conspiring on a penalty to be pulled on us there for giving Impact the win"

This was the second game, right? You had to play a third game so obviously the tournament wasn't over. Not much of a conspiracy if you still had a chance to win the whole thing.

Maybe if you had stayed around to check the scoresheet you could have argued your case or heard the explanation. But no, you had more important things to do than make sure the details of your job (like checking the scoresheet) were handled.

I'm really tired of hearing this "conspiracy" crap every time a team doesn't like a call that goes against them. Do you think refs conspire for team X in one game, then against them in the next game? Honestly, the refs don't care who wins. It may hurt your gigantic pro egos, but we really could care less about ANY of you. To put it in a way you may understand (and to paraphrase what I heard at least half-a-dozen times this weekend): **** you all.

Maybe players could at least accept responsiblity for their actions. So you got a penalty for trying to finish a move. Big deal. Which sounds more professional after getting a penalty:
- "yes, I took the risk of trying to finish the move because it could have broken the game open."
- "Oh my GOD, you SUCK! You're a worthless piece of ****! Why do you hate us? **** you!"

Today's "pro players"? Professional my ***.
well not all of the pros are like that today, just a good part, for example Junior brown (yes I'm an xsv fan), he is always talking to his fans and lets us know what going on with the team and we are never in the dark.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:58 PM #100
Tom?
*>sp

Quote:
^^ No it's at the the teams deciding who is going to win and how the event is eneded regardkless of the rules...

IMO you're on of the only guys that had something constructive to say ....
lol yay
Old 09-24-2007, 03:09 PM #101
NEBeast
I do it for the belt

lol...its funny that ollie got his fans to say "play the game" and then screwed everyone over by not playing.

Edit: did anyone read the signs that ppl posted at the entrance to the event after that last game?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:11 PM #102
Tom?
*>sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEBeast View Post
lol...its funny that ollie got his fans to say "play the game" and then screwed everyone over by not playing.

Edit: did anyone read the signs that ppl posted at the entrance to the event after that last game?
no tell me what the signs said
Old 09-24-2007, 03:21 PM #103
Karzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolestguyonplanet View Post
That is completely retarded. How does does this make any sense? To not play in order to adjust seed points sounds like game fixing to me. Split the money if you are scared to play but you can't split a trophy. This is why we play the game.

even todd martinez thinks this is a complete joke. i really used to admire you ollie.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:24 PM #104
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is BST Trusted
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
What do you mean "You people"?
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:32 PM #105
W.K.S.631

IMO,Ollie did what he thought was the stand up thing to do. Most of us might have handled it different, give the man some credit for being a stand up guy.Ollie hats off to you the Ironmen and Impact . Good luck to both teams at the Cup!!!!!
W.K.S.631 is offline   Reply With Quote