Clockwork Clothing

Annual Supporting Member
Shecki is a Supporting Member
Shecki plays in the PSP
Shecki owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Shecki owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shecki supports our troops
Shecki plays in the APPA D3 division
Weak move. Should have played the one for one.. if not for yourselves. .for the fans that came out to watch games all weekend long to see a winner in the pro division.

And the more i thnk about it.. probablly an even worse move on the NPPL's part for letting it go down like that. Kind of disspaointing .. but what are ya' going to do.. S happens.

Original Feedback

Clockwork Clothing

For all of your printed apparel needs ! ! !

Last edited by Shecki : 09-24-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Shecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2007, 08:32 AM #23
livingwithcause

livingwithcause supports Team VICIOUS
Great post Ollie and thanks for clearing things up. I was there and the fans are crazy...I will admit I was mad at first cause I set there so long to find out you guys weren't playing the 1 on 1 but after I started thinking about the decision of the tie, I totally agree with why you did it...Shoot. Kill. Win.

PS By the way never play video games with Ollie he's a screen looker ....(refer to the game where Ollie watched the jumbo-tron and shot out 3 guys by knowing exactly where they are )
CHRIST KREW #167
IRONMEN Fan Club #26 INFAMOUS Fan Club #1053 VICIOUS Fan Club #164
| B&E PAINTBALL |
Arkansas State Champion 2008-forever
livingwithcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:43 AM #24
captainspaulding

12.56. Any team that intentionally gives up points to its opponent will be disqualified from the tournament and all members of the team playing at the time of the infraction shall be suspended for life from playing in any sanctioned NPPL event.

12.57. Any team that plots with opponents to set scores will be disqualified from the tournament and all members of the team playing at the time of the infraction shall be suspended for life from playing in any sanctioned NPPL event.
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/WMASSREGULATORS
my blog,Life Behind Lenses:
http://lifebehindlenses.blogspot.com/
help Adam
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2796449
captainspaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:45 AM #25
dragonoftheninja

has been a member for 10 years
So then you are saying the NPPL is a side show to the PSP?

Everyone is there just to practice before xball and everyone who competes is a winner?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:49 AM #26
jdev
not for hire

jdev is a Moderator
jdev is a Supporting Member
jdev is a Paintball photographer
I suppose thanks are in order for clearing that whole ordeal up. Thanks. Now that we all know what really happened, a couple questions for you.

You were in disagreement with the refs prior to game 3. I watched the entire webcast on it, only thing I wish there could have been was audio. But, emotion wise you could see you were visibly upset about what was transpiring. A lot of us saw you sign that score sheet in disgust then slam the pen onto it afterwards, and then you continued to argue the calls in question.

My question to you Oliver, is why would you fight so hard to have that 3rd game, only to be so soft about going on in 1 on 1's? You seemed so intent on having that 3rd game and you knew that if you won that it would go onto 1 on 1's. Why would you then only decide to share first place if you knew thats where it was going to go, why not just allow the penalties to be accessed and give impact the win if they are such a stand up team, and you respect them? Why just say "hey, these guys are stand up, they are tired, its been an emotional roller coaster this weekend.. lets just hold hands and share it?"

It seems almost hypocritical that you say that Impact is a great team (which I am sure they are, I don't know any of them, but I don't doubt their merit and what you say about them) and that you respect them and all that, then share first place with them because they had an emotional day. This is Impact's first season as a pro team, and if they think that just this weekend was emotional, just wait until their career progresses. Its not going to get any better as far as emotions go. There will be those ups and downs, and there will be those emotionally draining games and days. There wont however, always be another team to say "lets share first place"

I personally think it was a bad move on both teams parts, but hey, I am just a spectator/fan in this instance.. what does it matter what I say/think?
jdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:05 AM #27
L.I.Caretaker

L.I.Caretaker is a Supporting Member
Mans got a point......I liked to see this ? answered
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainspaulding View Post
12.56. Any team that intentionally gives up points to its opponent will be disqualified from the tournament and all members of the team playing at the time of the infraction shall be suspended for life from playing in any sanctioned NPPL event.

12.57. Any team that plots with opponents to set scores will be disqualified from the tournament and all members of the team playing at the time of the infraction shall be suspended for life from playing in any sanctioned NPPL event.

ALLEN PAINTBALL COMPANY...
HABER......foging is not at Option
Cousins...PSI...Meadowlands...Ground Assault....Battle Creek
L.I.Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:22 AM #28
MentalxWeaponry
the medium is the message

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD9940 View Post
Vicious isn't a Pro team
but greg pauley is...

and yes i agree, this makes paintball in the pro division a laughing stock.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:26 AM #29
livingwithcause

livingwithcause supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:

12.56 <- IF they follow this rule this means Impact is banned from the NPPL, because they are the ones who gave up points.

12.57 <- Means Impact is Banned again.

Neither of these would go against the Ironmen. They (Impact) came to the Ironmen , according to Ollie, and asked for a draw...which also breaks the second rule posted about setting scores....
CHRIST KREW #167
IRONMEN Fan Club #26 INFAMOUS Fan Club #1053 VICIOUS Fan Club #164
| B&E PAINTBALL |
Arkansas State Champion 2008-forever
livingwithcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:27 AM #30
diamond1
I like boobies

Quote:

Also where in the rulebook does it state that teams can share first place money and especially seed points?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:29 AM #31
poppasmurf15
Throwin ropes since '99

poppasmurf15 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
poppasmurf15 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
poppasmurf15 plays in the APPA D5 division
I don't mind how you two teams feel about the whole thing but I look at this from a promoters standpoint. You two teams played your hearts out last night. I was there to see the emotion flowing through the arena. A GREAT finals. You guys were in a best of 3 one on one, IN THE FINALS!! This is what everyone watching the finals was hoping to see. I honestly think, you took this game away from the fans...

If I was Shawn Walker I would have simply said, All these people paid ME to come and watch you "pros" put on a show. I'm paying YOU to put on a show and dammit that is what you'll do. Period. You may not like it, but this must no happen if paintball is ever going to be big. The FANS must be your focal point in order to blow this thing up. I am dissapointed. How could you run through the crowd and get everyone pumped up saying "play the game, play the game" and then agree to share first place....?

No other sport would leave their fans hanging like this.

"we must all hang together or assuredly we shall all be hanged seperately." -ben franklin
poppasmurf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:29 AM #32
Contract_killers
Deevo •AJO Member•

That was a joke. You don't see NHL teams sharing the Stanely Cup. This is why paintball can't go mainstream. I don't care how tired the players are, your pro's and its your job and life to play.
Boost Hoppers.com=Scammers
Contract_killers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:42 AM #33
PBU
E.A.P.G. #10

Come,come people. Lets not bicker and fight. Lets just skip away arm and arm, like the fighters in the UFC............oh.......wait........
PBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:46 AM #34
captainspaulding

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingwithcause View Post
12.56 <- IF they follow this rule this means Impact is banned from the NPPL, because they are the ones who gave up points.

12.57 <- Means Impact is Banned again.

Neither of these would go against the Ironmen. They (Impact) came to the Ironmen , according to Ollie, and asked for a draw...which also breaks the second rule posted about setting scores....
BUT, the ironmen went along with it, making them just as at fault.

don't get me wrong, I like the ironmen, but until the rulebook is enforced we might as well be back to playing in farmers fields

game fixxing used to be big in the early 90s thats why the rules are there
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/WMASSREGULATORS
my blog,Life Behind Lenses:
http://lifebehindlenses.blogspot.com/
help Adam
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2796449
captainspaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:57 AM #35
DaBXRoMeO