Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-25-2007, 06:23 PM #232
shamu
Transplanted

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWing21 View Post
I like the point fixing angle. Since neither team will get the full first place points it actually helps Dynasty. .
Hmm. how about this - both Ironmen and Impact should get 24.5 points for this event by sharing first. That extra .5 point makes it more difficult for Dynasty to win the series crown by eliminating the possibility of a tie. For example, Dynasty may need to finish 4 places ahead of Ironmen instead of 3 places.

Quote:
You protest when you feel something unjust is taking place, and that is what we did.
Great. Then I think I'll protest how poorly the pro players know the rules by applying a 1-4-1 to the first player in every game. You guys barely know the rules and don't listen when we try to explain them. It's no wonder you always feel like you're getting screwed.

i was going to continue with this but screw it. Keep blaming the refs for everything you don't like.
shamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2007, 07:04 PM #233
surealpaintballer

surealpaintballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
surealpaintballer posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
I like the street ball rematch idea.

As far as not playing san diego, it might just happen.

I would like to see how the other pro teams respond to the lack of a power house team in the event. When it comes to boycotting the legaue, the last person who threaten to do that i belive was Knuth but he apparently got over it and the NDs played out the year(PSP chi town 05, controvesal call against XSV claimed Rocky bunker wiped a hit on a flag run in OT that knocked them out of the finals, XSV would get stomped in the finals via Dynasty). When that happened I dont remembering any other teams stepping up and helping em' out, this seems like a more legit scneriao.

to further elaboriate on the streetball rematch, seeing the intrest in this controversy i would bet 90% or more of the fanbase in competitve pb would watch the rematch in which dye could "sponsor", talk about exposure! and would be a kick in the face to the NPPL. "if you can't handle a tournement final then we will!"

With all that aside, it would just be badass!!!
EMPIRE Paintball gear
Ultra EVIL PAINTBALLS

GARDEN STATE PUMP
surealpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:13 PM #234
RussDavidson
~ MXL ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunBlade View Post
shoot kill tie...

oh what now.
hahaha i lolled at that
Josh Davey fan #28

----------------------------------------------------

Lagoon 09 Ego
RussDavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:16 PM #235
dm7killer153

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamu View Post
Hmm. how about this - both Ironmen and Impact should get 24.5 points for this event by sharing first. That extra .5 point makes it more difficult for Dynasty to win the series crown by eliminating the possibility of a tie. For example, Dynasty may need to finish 4 places ahead of Ironmen instead of 3 places.

Great. Then I think I'll protest how poorly the pro players know the rules by applying a 1-4-1 to the first player in every game. You guys barely know the rules and don't listen when we try to explain them. It's no wonder you always feel like you're getting screwed.

i was going to continue with this but screw it. Keep blaming the refs for everything you don't like.
finally a ref that comes out.
awesome read
dm7killer153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:05 PM #236
GunBlade (Banned)

i found these quotes from other pro players arcoss pbn

Quote:
Originally Posted by **GP** View Post
What a joke........ A huge hit to PRO paintball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey3 View Post
P.S.
In san diego there will be no tie if we are involved we will eith win or lose but there will be no spliting ****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by **GP** View Post
This is a bad mark on pro paintball. I am still shocked that we have to deal with this subject. It is a joke that this could even happen.
and for fun todd made a thread making fun of this whole mess
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolestguyonplanet View Post
I just got off the phone with Rage and they said since we had a good game in HB they were going to give us their seed points from that event. Rocky Knuth called and said that since we both had bad puppies that we could have some of their seed points from Tampa. Tome Cole is a really nice guy although he is a part of Bad company. He said that we could have whatever seed points we wanted and a few spyders. Finally, just because Chris Lasoya is a pimp, we get image's seed points from 2001 thus making it mathematically impossible for anyone to beat us this year even without attending the last event. Please ship the rings and the check to me, Mr. Todd Martinez, and thank you to everyone for supporting us in another championship season.
GunBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:05 PM #237
megabork
im jabba

megabork is a Supporting Member
Quote:
I like the street ball rematch idea.

As far as not playing san diego, it might just happen.
hahahahahahah waaaaaaaa what a baby
megabork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:15 AM #238
mephisto_man
lazorz pew pew

Annual Supporting Member
mephisto_man plays in the PSP
mephisto_man owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mephisto_man plays in the APPA D5 division
mephisto_man has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mephisto_man has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mephisto_man has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i left at 5... when d3 got over... i had a 6 hour drive... im sooooo glad i didnt stay.... but still good weekend of paintball and i got a hug from bea youngs... so thats always good

DM12 + DARK MARQ F/S/T
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4306257
mephisto_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:58 AM #239
sliverclan
Reppin Da 505

sliverclan plays in the PSP
sliverclan plays in the APPA D1 division
weak, never heard of the ironman of old "sharing 1st"; pathetic, "go to work" and play like a professional....
911andcigs.com
NMPB
LISTEN TO WU-TANG
sliverclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:25 AM #240
scottevil907
(C)old(B)looded(A)laskan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicWhic414 View Post
If what Mikko says is true then NPPL is just dumb for letting the players decide they should have just made them play the 1 v 1. I can see where why the decision came about. Ollie mad it seem a lot worse then what had actually happened everyone should read what Mikko said it makes much more sense now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by epik808 View Post
it just shows how much passion we have for the sport. and teams we support. these guys are heros of many ballers world wide. and we feel let down. we root for out teams thur thick and thin and a win is the ultimate for many and just dreams for others. oliver has given this team new life! and it almost payed off but to give in almost at the end sucked.

-refs mad ****ed up calls going into game 3
-impact wanted the win thru technicality.
-impact didnt wanna play game 3 and got forced too.
-impact was down and out and bummed it shook their mind set they got rolled.
-going into the 1v1's impacts mind was not into it. and wanted no part of it. a perfect setting for the ironmen. but they couldent do it.

whos the *****
impact not wanting to play the 1v1's
ironmen for not forcing the 1v1's to find a true winner.
Quote:
I like the point fixing angle. Since neither team will get the full first place points it actually helps Dynasty. Also the difference between the points earned for 1st and 2nd is only 3 points.

Let's say for the sake of argument the NPPL gives us and impact 24 points each. the points would look like this:

Impact: 87
Dynasty:80 they took 12th scoring 7 points
Ironmen: 75
Joy: 65
Infamous: 64

we only hurt ourselves. We did this out of protest to how the NPPL handled the situation. towards our two teams involved and how the fans were not given the respect to be told what was going on for the entire time.

You protest when you feel something unjust is taking place, and that is what we did.

I apologize for not fighting for 1st, trust me neither team felt exactly satisfied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the PLA View Post
& Now we get a 3rd story of what "really" happened from yet another Ironmen player.

Maybe you guys should all sit down in a room together & get your BS stories straight. Then at least you'd all be telling the same lie.

Im glad i read all 12pages... What Mikko said is probably how it went. Impact just not wanting to play that last game, the 1v1, after the refs had made the very bad call(S). And ironmen are just defending impact due to respect, but the fact is they(Impact) should of stepped up and played. Its also been proven that getting 1st or 2nd would have matter points wise for either teams...And you dont see any Impact players coming to the defense of sharing 1st places. Ironmen are trying to make a example out of NPPL and by doing so, they have given up 1st place. Not what i would've done, but then again i wasnt there. i havent been in that situation, its always first or second.

Or maybe it went some other way. All we have seen is ironmen players. What would really be a shocker is to see a NPPL ref that was there come forward with what happened out there. or maybe these guys are telling the truth and just need to get their facts straight. Wheather is was NPPL's fault for not being the authority power in a situation like that, or Impacts fault for not playing the last game, or Ironmens fault for allowing those refs to get away with making a bad call(s) and not properly correcting it as they should of done. NPPL shouldnt be putting on events if they cant handle the players playing in their events right? And after reading all the hate and anger in the thread about this, i see people taking it out on everyone from ollie to nppl refs to impact. Lesson very poorly learned. NPPL needs to read this and step up to what had happened. Lets hope it doesnt happen again, for PB...

So its a big time fail for PB pro series, big time fail for NPPL, big time fail for the pros that let these refs get away with this..

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post64546780 <-- Custom tint on flex lens for sale!!!!!
scottevil907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:29 AM #241
backplayer999
I lioke tortles

http://www.mikko358.com/?p=64

everyone just read that

You'd rather cry
I'd rather fly
backplayer999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:22 AM #242
nicodywill (Banned)

crock of **** in my book no one won the tournament, just a tie for 2nd.
nicodywill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:31 AM #243
GunBlade (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodywill View Post
crock of **** in my book no one won the tournament, just a tie for 2nd.
thats how i see it, a tie is not a win.
GunBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:53 AM #244
geekus
Hustlers

I just want to say that the owner of Impact should never have approached any of the Ironmen with garbage like that. He entered his team to compete in NPPL... not to get cold feet in the finals, come up with lame excuses and try to convince the opposing team to please share first place because his heart is too weak to handle a loss. That's low and cowardly. He just tainted Impact's reputation... his very own team. He worked his guys hard to make it to the finals just so he can beg for the title? *SPIT*

Ollie, I love you and the Ironmen but you should have never listened to that scumbag and allowed him to swindle you out of YOUR TEAM's win. Nice bunch of guys or not, this is sports. And if that's what we want paintball to become, we should treat it as such. Let him lay all the guilt trips he wants to lay on you, but their weakness should not have been yours or your team. I feel bad for the rest of Ironmen... Nicky, Sean, Marcello, Goat and the rest. I also feel bad for Impact for having such a weak owner.

NPPL, where do you want to take it from here? You want to become a legitimate league or what? Get your act right and stand firm by your rules (YOUR RULES). Penalize with blind justice. I don't care if you take away points from Impact and even Ironmen, but do so to prevent this from happening again. Teach that spoiled cry baby owner to learn that he has no say in league rules.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:00 PM #245
egoluvr
MY SISTER....THIS TIGHT!!

wow...to tired to play PROFESSIONAL paintball...i didnt hear arsenal kidz or xfactor or dynasty entorage or even go for broke, saying they were to tired to play...and im sure they played just as hard as you guy...i wasnt there but that is totally lame...shens on both teams!!!!

LEGEND
****MW STORM****
egoluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:17 PM #246
Nick Brockdorff

Nick Brockdorff posts videos on PbNation
I wonder, come the Commander Cup, what will happen when teams make decisions like this in the semifinals

It's best of 3 games with 1on1s in the semifinals too - and now the league has created a precedent, where it is ok for teams to just decide not to play the 1on1s!

N

Nick Brockdorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:37 PM #247
Frink98

Quote:
Originally Posted by backplayer999 View Post
http://www.mikko358.com/?p=64

everyone just read that
This does make a lot more sense. This "sharing" was to drive home the point that the NPPL refs messed up, as opposed to just being plain "sharing".
Old 09-26-2007, 05:49 PM #248
Xjrmillman13X

Kc

here's what I had to say, i don't know if this is appropriate, but if you're really troubled by this then give it a read and let me know what you think.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2378139
XSV #707
Bushwackers, Momma's Boys, The Outfit
Xjrmillman13X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:53 PM #249
dm7killer153

refs are part of the game.. you dont EVER see a team protest to continue playing in a superbowl/ championship game after a bad call.

take as many angles as you want, this isnt a players league. players dont run it, but the NPPL is letting them

edit: jon that was a great write up... times 100000 to you my good man.

Last edited by dm7killer153 : 09-26-2007 at 07:57 PM.
dm7killer153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:55 PM #250
bmxracer610

=[
bmxracer610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:41 PM #251
Paint and Air

How can either team win/split first place if neither team won? Since they didnt play i dont think either should get the final points.
Paint and Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:24 PM #252
treblig

This is equal to game fixing what next paying off refs to look the other way......what a dissapointment
treblig is offline   Reply With Quote