PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWing21 View Post
I like the point fixing angle. Since neither team will get the full first place points it actually helps Dynasty. Also the difference between the points earned for 1st and 2nd is only 3 points.

Let's say for the sake of argument the NPPL gives us and impact 24 points each. the points would look like this:

Impact: 87
Dynasty:80 they took 12th scoring 7 points
Ironmen: 75
Joy: 65
Infamous: 64

we only hurt ourselves. We did this out of protest to how the NPPL handled the situation. towards our two teams involved and how the fans were not given the respect to be told what was going on for the entire time.

You protest when you feel something unjust is taking place, and that is what we did.

I apologize for not fighting for 1st, trust me neither team felt exactly satisfied.

I'm sorry to disagree, but like you said, the difference between 1st and 2nd is only 3 points, so really it made no difference for the Ironmen, that would still be in 3rd even with full 1st place points (and per Ollie statement, it was only "practice" for what it really matters to you guys, the PSP)... but it def. propelled Impact a few more points ahead of Dynasty, since Impact would've prolly lost the 1-on-1s being so emotionally "tired" and all... I can see the protest against bad reffing, and I would even join you guys on it since I've been on the receiving end of unjust calls as well, but you cannot do that at the expense of the fans that paid to see a winner, or the other teams that paid just as much money as you did...

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Luigi Speed 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2007, 02:00 PM #212
Pballa01
Punk'D Crew Member #01

Pballa01 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I think that since they so called shared or tied for first then let them share the points for 1st. Give them 13 points each since the nppl messed up by not going by the rules. Mabye they will learn to play, Come on now its ollie lang all he ever wants is to win and win only 1st. Dont give me that long day being tired sh*t, yall play X-ball.

IRONMEN, Go read the rules, yall are in the wrong, **** go read it and face it, enough excuses, who gives a **** about all ur excuses what yall did was against the rules and pu**ysh*t.
X-Factor Fanclub Member #12
Archie Montemayor Fan Club #3
Official Gun Whore Club Member #62

Last edited by Pballa01 : 09-25-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Pballa01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:02 PM #213
Karzac

ok billy that makes sense. i still think that wasnt the right way to protest, you should have protested through not attending the next event or something like that.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:06 PM #214
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karzac View Post
i still think that wasnt the right way to protest, you should have protested through not attending the next event or something like that.
QFT! Especially if you don't care that much about the NPPL, take first place in Kansas and then don't show up for Commanders Cup, as a way of saying "Your refs freaking SUCK!", which is the truth btw... but billy only makes sense in a kinda of very selfish way...

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob

Last edited by Luigi Speed 05 : 09-25-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Luigi Speed 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:07 PM #215
Pballa01
Punk'D Crew Member #01

Another thing that comes to my mind is this. You see this in every division but alot more in the pro division. Always see pros crying and *****ing and whining to the refs forever if they lose or something happens and it goes on forever and ever. This is what led the refs to let the ironmen play the 3rd game. Look at other Pro sports, when a team loses they go to the press conference and tell the media strait up that they lost and they need to fix things. Example: look at the Saints in the NFL this year, They arent crying to anyone but themselves.

my 2 cents
Old 09-25-2007, 02:17 PM #216
Pballa01
Punk'D Crew Member #01

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2377296

Everyone go there and vote for D. I know its not a real poll but still shows how the fans feel.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:42 PM #217
surealpaintballer

surealpaintballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
surealpaintballer posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
We did this out of protest to how the NPPL handled the situation. towards our two teams involved and how the fans were not given the respect to be told what was going on for the entire time.

You protest when you feel something unjust is taking place, and that is what we did.
Understood, what i THINK would be cool/badass since this incident seems to feel unfinish would be a rematch-streetball style.

Jsut for ****s and giggles and to see the "what woulda happened" since it seems the entire competitive paintball world feels you[team] owes it to those fans and since neither team feels satisfied, i think it would be great. Even cooler if filmed and put up for our veiwing pleasure.

or
EMPIRE Paintball gear
Ultra EVIL PAINTBALLS

GARDEN STATE PUMP
surealpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:49 PM #218
Tom?
*>sp

Quote:
I like the point fixing angle. Since neither team will get the full first place points it actually helps Dynasty. Also the difference between the points earned for 1st and 2nd is only 3 points.

Let's say for the sake of argument the NPPL gives us and impact 24 points each. the points would look like this:

we only hurt ourselves. We did this out of protest to how the NPPL handled the situation. towards our two teams involved and how the fans were not given the respect to be told what was going on for the entire time.

I apologize for not fighting for 1st, trust me neither team felt exactly satisfied.
Thank you for that, I can understand that much more, but what Oliver said sounded like an excuse to me, I know you felt like the nppl screwed you over but you should have still fought for first, I know they were tired but part of being a professional is never giving up. Your small post shed more light than any of the longer posts. thanks
Tom? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:50 PM #219
Tom?
*>sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by surealpaintballer View Post
Understood, what i THINK would be cool/badass since this incident seems to feel unfinish would be a rematch-streetball style.

Jsut for ****s and giggles and to see the "what woulda happened" since it seems the entire competitive paintball world feels you[team] owes it to those fans and since neither team feels satisfied, i think it would be great. Even cooler if filmed and put up for our veiwing pleasure.

or
sounds fun
Tom? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:09 PM #220
megabork
im jabba

megabork is a Supporting Member
hahahahahah are you serious?? that set the league back 10 years !! the entire stands burst out in booes and chants,, your a joke
megabork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:15 PM #221
GunBlade (Banned)

so i guess shoot kill win is a load of **** huh? just a slogan to sell t-shirts i guess.
GunBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:30 PM #222
Ishy_27
GWC 30

Ishy_27 plays in the PSP
Ishy_27 plays in the APPA D4 division
Ishy_27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Speed 05 View Post
propelled Impact a few more points ahead of Dynasty,
not really. 2nd place woulda gave impact 23points

so impact would been 63 + 23 = 86
dynasty would be 73 + 7 = 80

either way impact would be ahead of dynasty ( and thats only if they took 2nd place, if they won that would be 3 more points ontop of there 86 ).
by split points

they only get 24.5 points only 1.5 points more. which wouldnt be really enough to claim overall forsure.

Hespeler Hooligans '11
London Express 2007-2010

| Old Feedback | New feedback |
Ishy_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:33 PM #223
RIpbplayer
i <3 j box

maybe they will split the superbowl this year
RIpbplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:12 PM #224
Cesar Melendez

What Ever People......... Get Over It! Kansas City Is The Pass. Time To Look To The Future. Impact Winning World Cup? Mmmmmmm. Smell Like Kansas City Was A Conspiracy.
Cesar Melendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:12 PM #225
the PLA

Quote:

& Now we get a 3rd story of what "really" happened from yet another Ironmen player.

Maybe you guys should all sit down in a room together & get your BS stories straight. Then at least you'd all be telling the same lie.

"I'd rather be insulted by you then someone I respect!"

Danny Tiljak Fan #7
the PLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:23 PM #226
Riptide21
DT

shooot... shooot .... shooot ... kill .... killl....killl TIE TIE TIE... This is not a professional sport anymore... gj ironmen gj impact....and GJ NPPL for letting it happen
Riptide21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:52 PM #227
themaxx-captain
-= EZPaintball.com =-

themaxx-captain is a founding member
themaxx-captain supports Cereal Killerz 2
themaxx-captain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LOL -- Just to add to the drama, We could have a tie at end of the season... if Impact and Ironmen are given 24 for KC... and the following scenarios come to pass...

If Ironmen finish first in San Diego - 26 + 75 = 101
If Dynasty finish third in San Diego - 21 + 80 = 101
If Impact finish seventh in San Diego - 13 + 87 = 100

If Dynasty finish first in San Diego - 26 + 80 = 106
If Impact finish fourth in San Diego - 19 + 87 = 106

On a real note, why don't you guys walkout on San Diego and promote the PSP as the premiere league... then the PLAYERS are truly unifying professional paintball under one sanctioning body. In my opinion, NXL makes more sense to casual viewers, who don't follow paintball... since the NXL scoring system resembles scoring seen in Hockey, soccer, baseball, etc. The new KEE monster corporation(NPS/PMI) is a supporter of the PSP. Your main team sponsors already chose to support the PSP over the NPPL. Impact and Ironmen feel jilted by the NPPL. Joy Division has been very salty on the NPPL for two seasons and the rumor is that they might be bailing on NPPL next year. Seems like a great time to make a statement.

Last edited by themaxx-captain : 09-25-2007 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Added information...
themaxx-captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:25 PM #228
the stuntman
Lockdown Scenarios

the stuntman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Answer this please...
If the NPPL cant follow its own rules, why should anyone else?

I like both of the teams involved, but the league itself has just lost all credibilty in my book.
the stuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:37 PM #229
BWing21

BWing21 is a Professional paintball player
BWing21 works for a Paintball manufacturer
I like the street ball rematch idea.

As far as not playing san diego, it might just happen.
BWing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:53 PM #230
pointblankpb10

pointblankpb10 plays in the APPA D5 division
i swear to god if one more person says "i wonder if they'll split the super bowl" or "shoot kill tie" or something like that im gonna kill someone
pointblankpb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:05 PM #231
GunBlade (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointblankpb10 View Post
i swear to god if one more person says "i wonder if they'll split the super bowl" or "shoot kill tie" or something like that im gonna kill someone
shoot kill tie...

oh what now.
GunBlade is offline   Reply With Quote