PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-23-2007, 11:44 PM #1
Meollielang

Meollielang is a Professional paintball player
Th real deal for all you people

The Real Deal

So at this point most of you are wondering what exactly is going on.
First off it was a great weekend all the conditions were perfect and it was nice to be at a different venue than all the same locations in the pervious year.
The NPPL put on a great event and I accredit them for it.
So let me jump back 8 days, last weekend we had a fantastic practice against Impact.
At least thatís what I heard; unfortunately Brandon Short and myself had to miss it to attend a charity event in Portugal. The response I got from my team was Impact was a straight up team with a good group of guys. No arguments, no fights nothing all weekend, just a good grind.
So I return to hear that we played really well against them, and the kids on our team were really starting to get that confidence you need to be successful in the pro division.
Since the beginning of the year I have known that Impact was the team to watch out for, and practicing them was going to be a great learning experience.
Short and myself showed up to 7 guys who had been playing great together, so we were going to have to do a 9-man rotation. I never really like that before but itís the best way when your team and your guys are playing so well.
We cruised through the prelims only losing one game to Image where Chris was just having a clinic. We went into the quarterfinals in 1st place being 5 and 2, and again advancing into the semi finals 1st seed. We faced Image who was playing great, but we were revved up and beat them in two games.
At the same time impact did the same against Hurricanes.
Needless to say it was going to be a match up against the team we were playing one week ago today at practice.
I felt that is was deserved, because besides us they were the next best team. I am a firm believer of winning an event and playing the best team in the finals not some chump team that got lucky.
Impact was exactly that team. We went out the first game and lost, but being in this position many times before I knew it was fare from over.
We switch sides and went into the second game, only to stalemate. Now in my book there was nothing to out of the normal about how this game went, last 20 seconds of a game people play to win. We went into them 5 on 2 and we almost pulled it off, but the buzzer rang and the game was over. We left the field and started to get ready for the 3 and final game to see if we could win and advance on to a one on one shoot out.
I go to enter the field and I see a band of refs and the captain of Impact Josh Davey having a discussion. I was told it was because I didnít sign the previous games score sheet. Little did I know they were conspiring on a penalty to be pulled on us there for giving Impact the win on an infraction against us? I was shocked and appalled! This game was nothing like the Joy Dynasty in OC, it was completely standard.
The stories were mixed up and we didnít get to speak our peace before their decision was made. I lost it! This is not why we came to Kansas, this was not why we practice and put our blood sweat and tears into getting this far and it being taken away from us on a technicality.
We fought and fought, told our side of the story and the 3rd game was on the way.
Impact was shocked of course thinking they had already won, but they are competitors and their first place victory would be tainted if it were given to them like that.
We walked onto the field like true sportsmen for the 3rd game.
We were fired up and ready for the game. We went out all cylinders firing and beat them the third game. After that we were getting ready for the one on one challenge.
Trust me we practice one on ones every weekend, we have many tournaments and I win most of themJ, although Marcello did beat me in the finals last practice.
Anyways so we start loading up when Bart the owner of Impact ask Shane and I to come have a meeting with us.
We walked out of the stadium and I could tell he was extremely upset, which is only normal for being a team owner and dealing with the insanities of paintball.
It had been a long weekend and this had just added to it. Everyone was beat down, the refs, the spectators, and they. He came to us and said, that his guys were down after that game. All those highs and lows really drain you and they just were not up to play us in 1 on 1ís or a straight 7 on 7 after that whole or deal. Now if Impact was a slime ball team like the other 50% of teams out there I would have said no FU and lets play.
But since I as well as the rest of my team have utmost respect for those guys especially after the good practice we had with them we gave them all the respect they deserved. Bart the owner who is a stand up guy asked up if we were willing to just split everything down the middle and call it a draw. At first I thought there would be no possible way they would go for that and it had never been done before in the history of paintball.
The more I saw the look of seriousness on his face and I thought it would be possible.
Now the Ironmen is a new team as all you know and we are taking this lesson of paintball on step at a time, win or lose we want to play as a unit. We told ourselves at the beginning of the year that we were going to focus more on Xball and take seven man as a learning process to make this team the next best thing.
After this weekend we played so strong and proved it to everyone, I had felt we won the tournament yesterday knocking Dynasty out, which you all know is the best 7-man team out there now and in the past. It was a big game and my guys handled it. We were playing strong all weekend and the decision that the refs made was an unjust ruling and was not how we wanted to end such a great weekend and of course not how the crowd wanted to see it end. When we discussed it with them both Shane and I thought it was a fare and legitimate way of ending it. Of course all the kids wanted to play 1 on 1 but it was the right thing to do. We are both to extremely young teams with a lot to learn we have plenty of room to excel and win more events but how everything went down it was the proper way for two teams that both deserved it. If Impact had not been such a stand up team and a good group of guys we would never have come to this agreement.
I figure for the sport and the future of paintball with to competitive teams this is how it should be done. Of course the crowd hated it because they sat around for two hours but truly we compromised and the staff at the NPPL agreed with our decision.
So we are officially winners, but then so is Impact.
But all I can think about is winning world cup and I know after this weekend the way my team played I feel pretty dam good about it. We have 3 practices and they will be tough but if we can win the world cup and the over all series, I think everyone will know who the best team in the world is. Then we can cruise into San Diego and meet Impact again hopefully in the finals.
Take care all.
Your friend

Ollie
Old 09-23-2007, 11:53 PM #2
spizot

spizot is a Supporting Member
Thanks for posting this up Ollie.
spizot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:55 PM #3
DeadBodyMan
Pricedollaz

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
DeadBodyMan is a Paintball photographer
way to go ollie!

I beat women, they call me daddy.
DeadBodyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:57 PM #4
SuMioN
Dm6 will still **** you

I understand why you did it. But, the fans deserved to see a game. They implemented the ruling with the best out of 3 1v1. And a rule is a rule. Even if you were being nice it still needs to be said that, that rule was broken today. Everyone in the stands know it, the players know it, and the NPPL knows it. But, then I must ask why put this ruling into effect if its not going to be used. Although, I won't deny both Impact and Ironmen played great. Sometimes you have to be tough, I understand you felt bad, because you played them and they were nice. But, it can't come down to "Oh there nice, We'll share first place" thats just not how it works and that shouldn't be how it works. Its never been done in paintball bc, its not a part of paintball nor should it, you play to win, not to tie.

Last edited by SuMioN : 09-23-2007 at 11:59 PM.
SuMioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:02 AM #5
JD9940
Forever an AA's Fan

JD9940 supports Cereal Killerz 2
JD9940 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
JD9940 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
JD9940 plays in the APPA D4 division
JD9940 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuMioN View Post
I understand why you did it. But, the fans deserved to see a game. They implemented the ruling with the best out of 3 1v1. And a rule is a rule. Even if you were being nice it still needs to be said that, that rule was broken today. Everyone in the stands know it, the players know it, and the NPPL knows it. But, then I must ask why put this ruling into effect if its not going to be used. Although, I won't deny both Impact and Ironmen played great. Sometimes you have to be tough, I understand you felt bad, because you played them and they were nice. But, it can't come down to "Oh there nice, We'll share first place" thats just not how it works and that shouldn't be how it works. Its never been done in paintball bc, its not a part of paintball nor should it, you play to win, not to tie.
nicest complaint ever

Action Star Games
JD9940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:05 AM #6
surfguy1936
Grandmas Cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD9940 View Post
nicest complaint ever
ya i totally agree. i agree on why you guys came on the agreement which is totally fine. but the fact that the nppl approved is unprofessional. in other sports you can be best friends with the other team but you all know why you are there and that is to win. You dont take things personal during sporting events that is why it is a competition.

SICK!!! SHIRTS!!!
www.4twentydesigns.com
surfguy1936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:06 AM #7
dyetrying

even though you were being nice it was unproffesional and sets a bad example for paintball and even though you guys won and i am an ironmen fan i think hurricanes should of took first and you and impact should split 4th because they played to win

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2580897

sp ion with sp low rise silver feed neck dye ultralite barrel blue front black back

Last edited by dyetrying : 09-24-2007 at 12:10 AM.
dyetrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:11 AM #8
dm7killer153

**** you.
i waited for 2 hours to watch 2 games??? what a joke! if NPPL comes back to KC ever again i will not pay to watch. nppl is such a joke, i dont care how tired they/your guys were, its a 1v1!!!! that requires 2 or 3 players to sack up and play for 30 seconds. you screwed yourselfs over, because you would have EASILY won the 1v1s, but you also screwed us over because we had to sit around for over an hour waiting for the cleaning crew to clean the field after game 2, and 45-1 hr for you guys to figure out that you didnt feel like playing.

this is a total joke and a blemish to paintball. we payed to watch paintball, and we all hung around until atleast 7 even though for most of us it was a fairly long drive (30 minutes for me, i know there were a ton more from further away and all over the MW), and a school/work night, JUST to watch you guys split a friggin title. have you ever seen in the superbowl a team in overtime decide since the other guys were nice, that they would just call it a draw? NO. just shows how much paintball is turning into money and sponsorships, no longer to win at all costs.

edit: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2375313&page=5 look down the page, post 89.. even one of your fellow pro players thinks its a joke.

edit edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR13954 View Post

people paid money to watch you guys play, look up to you, bought the markers that you shoot and this is how you repay your fans by basically saying **** you guys we're tired and dont want to play 2 or 3 games of 1 vs 1? this is a dark day for NPPL

Last edited by dm7killer153 : 09-24-2007 at 12:18 AM.
dm7killer153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:18 AM #9
SuMioN
Dm6 will still **** you

I could see if it had been another 7 v. 7 game..mabye.

But a fricken 1 v 1 each player is out on the field what for a minute???????
Old 09-24-2007, 12:34 AM #10
skeetskeet1

This isnt soccer you cant tie. I am disgusted that the nppl would let you get away with this.

feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...04post20756204
skeetskeet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:38 AM #11
skeetskeet1

Everyone in the stadium threw trash at the net and stormed out upon the news. Could you imagine trying to do this at the psp? Im pretty sure lane would laugh at you.

feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...04post20756204
skeetskeet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:44 AM #12
JD9940
Forever an AA's Fan

JD9940 supports Cereal Killerz 2
JD9940 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
JD9940 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
JD9940 plays in the APPA D4 division
JD9940 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm7killer153 View Post

edit: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2375313&page=5 look down the page, post 89.. even one of your fellow pro players thinks its a joke.

Vicious isn't a Pro team
stop *****ing at Oliver, and get a life outside of searching all over PBN just to see who is upset over the decision

Action Star Games
JD9940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:49 AM #13
midtone
Amazing!

ollies a good man
Los Angeles IronMen Fan Club member #160!!!
San Diego Legacy Fan Club Member #444!!
midtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:56 AM #14
amargio
REAL JOIN DATE FEB 2001

Mr Lang...you and the Ironmen are winners in more ways than one. Just the fact that you posted this shows a mature leader in the paintball world. thank you for being so straight to all the ballers and your fans who also think it was good to do. afterall if all the people did not agree there would be 8-10 MILLION replys saying so. there is always a few who like to be heard and just drool on there keyboard....
congrats to you and the men and keep on the game !!
amargio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:10 AM #15
LockDownChris (Banned)
QCK <3

its not that big of a deal
99% of you who are posting are crying about
making paintball a real "pro sport" and how this affects it
if im not mistaken Mr. Lang and his team are professionals
all of you posting are not. If they are were willing to do it
who are you to ***** about there decision?
LockDownChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:16 AM #16
KitchenSlave

Just have to say that you and Impact screwed the spectators and the fans. Being an Ironmen fan I'd much rather see you win or lose, but not make some deals and TIE. Competitions are for playing your heart out and finding out winners; not for money, politics or making favours for your friends.
KitchenSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:35 AM #17
Ultiplaya11
ASMC Elite

Annual Supporting Member
Ultiplaya11 donated to help Peyton Trent
Ultiplaya11 supports Team VICIOUS
Ultiplaya11 has achieved Level 7 in PbNation Pursuit
Ultiplaya11 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Ultiplaya11 is Immortal
Great post ollie, the tournament was very well played although not many people believe in what you guys did, I can see the reasoning

OLD Feedback

VICIOUS DSS Paintball
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite
Ultiplaya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:15 AM #18
xwiredx

xwiredx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xwiredx supports DLX Technology
Congratulations, and good luck at World Cup!
Old 09-24-2007, 06:34 AM #19
Sickpuppy1

It's good that your being standup and nice and all to another team, but all you did for the fans is leave em with a feeling of being ripped off. I understand why you did what you did. But I dont agree with it. A paintball tournement that got ended because you need a nap, thats a first......
Sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:59 AM #20
LiL_HuB_CaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuMioN View Post
QFT
waiting 2 hours almost to watch best 2 out of 3 1v1's that never happened was...to put it nicely, very disappointing. REALLY was looking forward to that.....
Old 09-24-2007, 07:46 AM #21
Jolfer
http://lennyemery.com/

I would never post in this forum, for I have no reason to, but if anyone can answer me this, I'll agree with you probably:

Name anytime at the professional level if there has ever been, not a DRAW, but a sharing of first place?

MySpace - FaceBook - LennyEmery.com - Twitter
Jolfer is offline   Reply With Quote