Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-11-2007, 08:10 PM #43
conbon
just here for bike thread

For anybody who is still following this thread and its slow progress, I finally got a feedneck. I used the money I got from my (super sweet) 16th B-day.

Edit: took pic of check out so I don't get scammed.

Last edited by conbon : 10-12-2007 at 01:33 PM.
conbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:41 PM #44
leed

leed is a Moderator
Looks great! Although... I'm not entirely sure I am a fan of the feedneck being held on with just some grub screws .
Old 10-11-2007, 08:43 PM #45
conbon

Its pretty good. They dig into the metal.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:52 AM #46
mayor
Awana

where did the pics go?
Old 04-03-2008, 01:14 AM #47
abun
hmm...

abun plays in the APPA D3 division
the owner deleted the pics from photobucket.
abun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:13 PM #48
dbkid0486

Annual Supporting Member
duh....

ClosedBoltBallers
dbkid0486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:16 PM #49
conbon

Oh ****, sorry guys. I did some spring cleaning and decided to delete those. I didn't know anybody actually cared about them that much. I thought this was a ghetto job only I was poor enough to do. If anybody wants to try this and needs help, PM me.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:44 PM #50
derek506

derek506 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
derek506 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshue View Post
I got the dimensions of the ego feedneck on the body where the ego clamping feedneck would go. These are the dimensions of what you need to cut the cocker feedneck down to in order to fit the ego feedneck This also includes a groove for the o-ring to help keep the feedneck in place. I have not cut my feedneck down to this but I will as soon as I get the chance to go home from school and use the lathe at home. I think the thread about this in the voided warranty forum, a guy said that the 05 ego feedneck opening is .93 inches in diameter which means it will fit these measurements and allow it to tightened down on the feed neck nub on the cocker.

Thank you for dmansr25sd for these dimensions. You can find his and my drawings of ego's and cockers in the CAD forum.

This is the nub dimensions where the feedneck would fit on an 05 ego.

its .9" in diameter .42" deep
The groove for the o-ring(optional) .06" wide, .05" deep, offset from the top .05"

for a better look i would suggest depending on the body milling a little flat circular recess into the body so the feedneck is tighter to it and sticks up less, the last one i saw was way high up, unfortunatly then you might loose the structural integrity needed.

I did a CAD drawing for you guys. Sorry if the image is big but it helps you see it in more detail(IT IS IN INCHES!)

here is what it looks like with the cocker in full picture

Other pictures:
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w.../untitled2.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...x/untitled.jpg

I hope this helps some of you guys out!
It's a great drawing and everything, but the outside diameter is wrong. I got my feedneck milled to around .91" and the feedneck doesn't even clamp on it, just falls off. I would suggest at least .92"; it makes a HUGE difference.

Azodin Kaos Pump F/S/T
derek506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:16 AM #51
mshue
Deerfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek506 View Post
It's a great drawing and everything, but the outside diameter is wrong. I got my feedneck milled to around .91" and the feedneck doesn't even clamp on it, just falls off. I would suggest at least .92"; it makes a HUGE difference.
I might be wrong, I might not. I just got those dimensions from a fellow CAD drawer who got the dimensions straight from his ego body. And I trust his measurements. Maybe some feedneck clamps vary in sizes. I never had an ego feedneck or a body to take exact measurements so I wouldn't know. I would change the dimensions and everything according to your opinions, which would probably be better, but for some reason everthing that is related to photobucket isn't showing up on my computer at all. even the website doesn't work.
mshue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:35 AM #52
derek506

The ego feednecks are really weird, I got the c-clamp one which is basically a stock 05 with the clamp. I just took a file and shaved off a tiny bit to make it clamp a little bit more and now it's not going anywhere if I don't want it to. I'm not sure if the feedneck will fit over .93, but I know something around .925 or so will do the trick, even .92 will probably be good. Before I shaved it, a single layer of construction paper between the feedneck made all the difference from falling right off, to tight as can be.

EDIT: for anyone who wants to see more pics of ego feednecks on cockers (it seems I can't take a steady picture anymore ):

Azodin Kaos Pump F/S/T

Last edited by derek506 : 06-05-2008 at 12:42 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:49 AM #53
thatdoolinkid

Although I think the ego feedneck is a good, cheap alternative, I still would prefer an FBM pressfit over it. The pressfit sits way lower, at least as low as AKA threaded feednecks do. Ego feednecks on the other hand, are tall, just like cocker/timmy threaded feednecks.

BTW, is that a Jcurt halfblocking job I see?

"The problem isn't a need for more 'idiot proof' guns. The problem is they keep making better idiots!"
-anonymous
thatdoolinkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:04 AM #54
derek506

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdoolinkid View Post
Although I think the ego feedneck is a good, cheap alternative, I still would prefer an FBM pressfit over it. The pressfit sits way lower, at least as low as AKA threaded feednecks do. Ego feednecks on the other hand, are tall, just like cocker/timmy threaded feednecks.

It's not cheaper really, for both, you have to pay for machining, and the part. Unless you're referring to the ghetto mod. It's really preference, although the feedneck is higher, if something ever happens to it, you can replace it yourself. I'm not sure why that is relevant, but it makes me rest easy. Even though they are tall, they sit just as high as the stock press fits which was good enough for me before, or else it looks too low and weird. Also, ego feednecks= no threads, easy to take off and clean and such. The coolest feature is that you know that it's custom and not very many people have it. Yep, Jcurt does amazing stuff, his bolts are great too, and he's the one that machined the feedneck for me.

Azodin Kaos Pump F/S/T

Last edited by derek506 : 06-05-2008 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:50 AM #55
thatdoolinkid

Quote:
if something ever happens to it, you can replace it yourself.
Never seen anything happen to a feedneck, unless it was one of the huge plastic elbows.

Quote:
Also, ego feednecks= no threads, easy to take off and clean and such.
Except with a pressfit, the paint doesn't even get in awkward places that you don't have to clean.

Quote:
The coolest feature is that you know that it's custom and not very many people have it.
Okay, you got a point there. It does look pretty sweet.

Quote:
Yep, Jcurt does amazing stuff, his bolts are great too, and he's the one that machined the feedneck for me.
I know, I somewhat designed one style of his bolts. He does great work and holds a tight tolerance.

"The problem isn't a need for more 'idiot proof' guns. The problem is they keep making better idiots!"
-anonymous
Old 06-06-2008, 05:10 PM #56
mshue
Deerfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdoolinkid View Post

Nothing personal, but if you look at my drawing for the ego feedneck mod, and then look at derek's picture of his, my mod will let the ego feedneck sit lower then his. But it still might sit higher the an FBM pressfit.

It also depends what you like. I like the look of ego feednecks. doolinkid, don't get me wrong I know you know what you're talking about and you always have great advice. Its just that I know how people like to have the loader closer to the marker so I drew mine with it cut lower down into the "sight rail" and closer to the main body.
mshue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:56 PM #57
thatdoolinkid

Yep, I agree completely. I definitely would double check the diameter the neck needs to be milled to before doing this mod. I must say I like how it looks.

-anonymous
Old 06-06-2008, 09:42 PM #58
jcurt455

wow the whole gun came together nice. Almost can't believe I worked on it.
jcurt455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:35 PM #59
bertregina

is there any one out there that will do this service for me because i do not have the tools for this at all if you can PM me and well work something out .. if not where else would i be able to get this done if anywhere?? thank you
bertregina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:37 PM #60
thatdoolinkid

Ahem.......look at the post above you, bertregina.

-anonymous
Old 06-12-2008, 10:34 PM #61
wws2010
My Fanny Pack Is Cool

Please repost pics?
wws2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:10 PM #62
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

has been a member for 10 years
Dover owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dover owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Dover posts videos on PbNation
Dover is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
wow, great looking gats guys... especially those with Ego grip frames!

How about some more with half-blocks to simulate the Ego

And Ego Star regs, too

Orange County Bushwackers SL66 # B0033 ~ Warped Sportz Dark SL74 # D1028 ~ Swamp SLS # S2197

$h@key J0nEZ "It's not hard to justify unless you simply don't have the money and can't afford it. You can always tell the men from the boys by the price of their toys.
The SL is always the top of the line and the best paintball gun made, every year since it was first released. You get what you pay for and Bespoke parts are full of win."
Dover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:17 AM #63
dozerman

so the best feedneck to use is the stock 05?
dozerman is offline   Reply With Quote