Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-21-2007, 05:44 PM #22
SBC785
Gun Whore

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Fox13 View Post
you dont get hugs you smell to much like apples. lol just messing pat. your my hero. only me and dustin get hugs, cuz we special. btw this thing got big quick, all i wanted was to play in my 2nd turnament and pp rain on my fun. tnx a lot peeps.

- J -

yeah, no thanks to you ....but i appreciate you coaching Carmen on Saturday, she improved alot ....hope to see you at the field tomorrow!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2007, 09:46 PM #23
RR#82
.:BSC:.

Annual Supporting Member
RR#82 is BST Trusted
RR#82 plays in the PSP
RR#82 donated to help Peyton Trent
RR#82 supports Team VICIOUS
RR#82 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
RR#82 is Legendary
RR#82 supports Empire

Last edited by RR#82 : 09-22-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:27 PM #24
soldiernkorea

Hey Mike my name is Doug the guy with the blue nxt i am not scared to put my name on a post...what i was saying it depends on your definition of good as to how good you guys are...you guys are definately better than me i give you that so i think your good...but someone who would roll you guys might not think so..do you see what i mean i wasnt talking smack i was making a point thanks.

DOUG

DM8 FST Rotor FT
Old 09-23-2007, 10:32 PM #25
ophooligan
Avid Death Squad

ophooligan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
This is complete BS.

I can tell you that every single player in this event is not a rookie. EVERY SINGLE FREAKING ONE OF THEM. "gasp!" How can you say that Jeremy? Well I'll freaking tell you how. The promoter has allowed PSP ramping, that's how I know. Tell me how many true rookies have guns and loaders that will shoot 15bps? Mike is right, rookies are not playing this event. An actual rookie is the kid who has played less than 3 events as a Rec class player. Just got rid of the CO2 for a steel N2 tank, and still has no idea how to walk a field, talk durring a game and half of the other stuff you will see in this event. 99% of the players playing in this event will be sandbagging, why shouldn't Mike? I say do it and show everyone how stupid this rec rookie crap has become. You need a player Mike? I'm down if you have a spot. This is retarded.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:37 PM #26
SBC785
Gun Whore

I'm gonna argue this one...i've seen too many beginners walk on to a field for the first time with a brand new DM or Shocker that their mommy or daddy just went and bought them because that's what they saw in a magazine or whatever. I'm also gonna say that I know most of the players that will be up the field at the tournament and they "technically" all qualify for a rookie event because none have played a "true" tournament in less than a year. But since this is just a tournament put on by the local field, the local field owners can basically make any rule they want and can modify anything they see fit. So it's up to the field owners who can play in the tournament or who'll have to sit out...but whoever really wants to complain about it, then don't show up the day of the tournament....but i'll see most of you there
Old 09-23-2007, 10:59 PM #27
ophooligan
Avid Death Squad

ophooligan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Shens

Really? I've been playing paintball for 13 years and I've never seen a person who walked in the field for the first time with a DM or a Shocker level gun. I've seen some kids who were using too much gun, but not the first time. Now I'm not saying that some kids who should be called Rookie players don't have this type of equipment, but most don't. That is why calling this a "Rookie" tournament is BS. It's fine with me though, but because now I can sandbag this thing and have the support of the promoter to do it.
Sweet, I'm a rookie now. I've got team now, me, Burkhart and Ethan.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:09 PM #28
SBC785
Gun Whore

Back home I've seen plenty of kids walking on the field with brand new Angels and Timmy's for their 1st or 2nd time walking on the field, but granted the fields back home were bringing in 30-40 people during anyday of the week which was letting me see plenty of kids from all over the place whose parents could afford that for them, but i won't argue the fact that most of the people at this tournament are no where near Rookie level which would make it unfair to actual Rookies who would wanna play...and i think that was the longest run-on sentence i've ever written, lol. But here's my point, there will be teams at the tourney that shouldn't be there because of their playing level, but because of the rules that have been set, there will be players who have more years playing than the age of most of the walk-on players. I'm done...too late for this ****....peace.

~Patrick
Old 09-23-2007, 11:29 PM #29
RR#82

Annual Supporting Member
RR#82 is BST Trusted
RR#82 plays in the PSP
RR#82 is Legendary
RR#82 supports Empire
it was never about mike playing or anyone truly being a rookie.... it was about james giving the leaniant nod to his locals that are there every weekend.

as far as the rookie thing goes.... having your walmart gun, 20 oz co2 , and a gravity hopper sound more like young guns then rookie level to me.

Patrick

Edit - Patrick from Altus

Last edited by RR#82 : 09-23-2007 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:43 PM #30
SBC785
Gun Whore

Yeah, i'm there playing every weekend but i will admit that i'm no where near the level of some of you guys. I consider myself a rookie because i haven't played in 2 years and am just now starting to play again and i saw where i stood on the totem pole of local teams during the last tournament...but let's not bring that up again ....but i don't mind who plays because all of this is a learning experience for me and i can use all the practice i can get whether i win or lose.

~Patrick from L-Town
Old 09-23-2007, 11:44 PM #31
RR#82

Annual Supporting Member
RR#82 is BST Trusted
RR#82 plays in the PSP
RR#82 is Legendary
RR#82 supports Empire
you guys played good in the end.... you cant win all the time

Old 09-23-2007, 11:57 PM #32
SBC785
Gun Whore

Yeah, my confidence was shot when the one kid on my team came up and told me "i hope you don't plan on winning today"...that was before the tournament even started. But once we booted him off and replaced him, we started kicking ***....but we'll see how we do this next tournament.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:30 AM #33
OkLegionMP

My only point is none of the people running their mouths are true ROOKIES! They just want me and my team not to play. That is the bottom line . If it wasnt a problem and they didnt care wether we played nothing would ever have been said. Instead of crying about this and crying about that. Try just competing its hard enough to get a tournament going now days and everyone wants to try and bash it. James isnt giving us the nod he is just putting on an event you should try and support it.

Mike P
Old 09-24-2007, 12:32 AM #34
SBC785
Gun Whore

mike...i joined PbN a month b4 you. Just figured i'd put that one out there.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:58 AM #35
OkLegionMP

Uhhh im not sure what you are saying. You will have to explain please. Well at least Jeremy understands what the hell im saying. I have no wish to bash newbies and there is no joy in that. It isnt like James said only rec newbies and we show up lets us play we beat up on the newbies and walk away scott free. He has laid down the rules that he is using. There isnt any suprises. The only suprise is that there may be some competition and some people are scared of competition. Just play paintball GEEEZZZ!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 11:07 AM #36
RR#82

Annual Supporting Member
RR#82 is BST Trusted
RR#82 plays in the PSP
RR#82 is Legendary
RR#82 supports Empire
i get what your saying and i agree with everything you say. i never had a problem with your team playing, i know it may have looked like that but thats not how it was.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:13 PM #37
reflexmidgley

Let me start off by saying, We have only put on two tournaments since Ed passed away in 2004. We are just trying to get into tournaments in this area. Maybe our classification isn't the way it should be. But, this tournament will go through as the rules state. We will make sure that anyone entering knows the rules for the classification, so there won't be any surprises. We are now researching classifications that other fields are doing and trying to come up with a reasonable variation. At that point we will decide on the names and rules for any future events we put on.
As for the comments. We would say without a doubt that 85% of the locals or regulars have never been to or in a tournament. Hopefully that will change soon. That's all we want is to get more people into it. We might have seen Mike 2 or 3 times over the last couple of years until this past tournament. In defense of James, he didn't make those rules I(Tammy) did. As a matter of fact, after the first comment, I got a hold of the players in question and that is how I found out what the stats were on them, with the exception of Jerome who I knew hadn't played in any tournaments ever.

One thing for sure this site provides the voices that can only help us improve the Player, the Game, the Field, the Store-------PAINTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
580-353-1406
www.Thearenapaintballpark@yahoo.com
www.Thearenapaintballpark.com
Old 09-25-2007, 05:21 PM #38
RR#82

Annual Supporting Member
RR#82 is BST Trusted
RR#82 plays in the PSP
RR#82 is Legendary
RR#82 supports Empire
its not about tournament exp. or the fact that mike is playing. i like the guy and look forward to playing mroe with him. what i did was speak to soon before i knew the restrictions. the restrictions were made clear and i have no beef. you guys put on good tournaments and i look foreward to playing in the next one.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:23 PM #39
SBC785
Gun Whore

yeah, i look forward to being shot up....can i carry a white flag for surrender? lol.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:29 PM #40
RR#82

Annual Supporting Member
RR#82 is BST Trusted
RR#82 plays in the PSP
RR#82 is Legendary
RR#82 supports Empire
i remember when mike bunkered that kid from texas and i think he yelled "BROOTAL!" .... that was amazingly funny

Old 09-25-2007, 06:53 PM #41
OkLegionMP

HEHE yeah i was it was the heat of the moment. That guy had half his goggles covered in yellow Evil so i just thought that was the thing to say. However his Mom didnt really like me so much hehe! Oh well thats life im use to it HEHE !!
Old 09-25-2007, 07:43 PM #42
SBC785
Gun Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLegionMP View Post
HEHE yeah i was it was the heat of the moment. That guy had half his goggles covered in yellow Evil so i just thought that was the thing to say. However his Mom didnt really like me so much hehe! Oh well thats life im use to it HEHE !!
that's why you should never bring your parents to events like that...unless they're playing.