Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2007, 02:20 PM #43
Talfuchre
299 FPS to tha dome.
 
Talfuchre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
I have not seen anywhere on this thread that people were claiming that the NSA made a change due to open classers dominating. I don't think that that is true.

I also didn't see anywhere on this thread where someone claimed that open class was better than stock class.

I enjoy and play both. I believe, and this is simply my opinion, that open class represents a full spectrum of the play paintball can be for the reasons I mentioned above.

TF
__________________
Pumpensteins Pump Blog - Click HERE

Last edited by Talfuchre : 09-22-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2007, 05:38 PM #44
ctownca
 
 
ctownca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
I have not seen anywhere on this thread that people were claiming that the NSA made a change due to open classers dominating. I don't think that that is true.
Fair enough. I looked and actually read through all the posts and, yes, you are right. No one said that on this thread but I don't believe that I said that you said that I said that you said that that is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
I also didn't see anywhere on this thread where someone claimed that open class was better than stock class.
I don't believe I said that either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3AGL3_PBALLER View Post
Truth is, limited paint and other non-standard rules make it so that certain teams have an advantage. Standardization is what makes for a fair playing field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux View Post
I think you should call it what it is... a stock class tournament. It's designed to give all the advantage back to that particular niche. Yeah, teams go out there and play with pocket hoppers and the like but it's really.
But I stand by my opinion that there are some misconceptions about the reasons behind the change in format. I do recall a related discussion on the NSA board early in the year about how some felt that the changes were being made because of reasons like the ones quoted above.

Side note: Beaux & Deagle - I'm not saying that you believe that. I admit your quotes are taken out of context but I just wanted to get the idea across.

Long story short, the talk in the beginning of the year - when I say talk, I mean locally - was that some teams dominate at open class (i.e. L.A. Hitmen) while some dominate at stock class (i.e. Blowfish). Awesome. The change in format was to see which team would be able to dominate at the wide variety of formats, from stick feed all the way up to open class; in other words, a test on the adaptability of a team, which was actually an idea brought to the table when the NSA was being thought up. Of course, personal schedule and life gets in the way so the NSA isn't quite what you would call a series this year.

Last edited by ctownca : 09-22-2007 at 06:29 PM.
ctownca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:19 PM #45
Beaux
Capt. of Pumpenstein
 
Beaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Austin, TX
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownca View Post
Side note: Beaux & Deagle - I'm not saying that you believe that. I admit your quotes are taken out of context but I just wanted to get the idea across.
I started this thread because I was asked by Linuss in another thread my Pumpenstein didn't play the OSC. What you quoted wasn't directed at you guys or the NSA. I have nothing against the OSC, but I also don't have a burning desire to play in limited paint tournaments (atleast that limited). Just not my cup of tea... although 200 rounds makes games more realistic.

hmmmmmm.
__________________
* * * * * * * *
Check out our team blog... pumpenstein.com your best source for pump reviews.

Sponsors:
Tank's Paintball | pumpleague.com | HRL

My PBNation Feedback
Beaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:56 PM #46
july_favre
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
july_favre is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I think most people are missing the point of paint or marker limitations or gear limitations, which is to provide a different kind of game play.
Someone said you cant lane with a paint restriction resulting in too much movement. This is wrong on every level. First off, you can lane. I do it with my stick feed when its needed. secondly, I would never through the lane against most people I play, regardless of wether they were ramping or muzzle loading. The truly skilled player will cover it no matter what. I played my share in the back with my 12 round stick feed, and never had I felt that I needed more paint to do something, and never has anyone said I needed more firepower to cover them. Those that have played a lot with know that I will sometimes literally cover a player or or area with 1 ball. I dont take many shots I dont need to, and many times I will just look back and forth, and if anyone dares to run through that lane, I am able to make the elimination with one or two shots. Someone who takes this even further than me is Pom from the blowfish. He may be just stare at you half the game, but most people know you better not leave that bunker or stare back too long, because when a shot does finally come, its coming straight at your face. The point is you can cover what you need to WHEN you need to, but you cant just shut it down for the whole game.
The reason why many tournaments want to impose resitrictions is simply because most of the players wanted it. The OSC 5man had those who did not want any restrictions of any kind who dont play anymore. Despite many of those people being high profile people, the OSC still listened to the majority of the players that want the game play that most of them play pump for.
Most pump players(that Ive seen) play pump players play with more consertative shots, even those that shoot more than average are trying to time someone coming out to shoot rather than simply shooting down a lane for a long period of time. More events are going to try and cater towards them, because theres simply more of them. These guys arent shooting pumps just because they want to shoot pumps, they are shooting pumps because when all the pump guys get together, its a different kind of game. Like Ive said in other threads, you could be using a semi(many have) or whatever to play the different style of game, like in so many other cases- the marker makes no difference.
If there were a completely open class series, I would guess that the players would mostly be of a different crowd, and that would be great for them. I just dont know if theres enough people from the other crowd to sustain the series. I know theres a couple events like that that ended up with little participation.
I dont think many people are trying to convert, rather than preserve. And not preserve old school, or higher skill but what they enjoy playing. Sometimes you can come off a little hypocritical when your saying let you play what you play, and then you say events should be more along your style of play because theres one with limitations already. There should be events for everyones style of play, but in the NSA for instance, I know that most people want limitations, many of them would like stick feeds. So if a large majority of the players who will play want limitations, then those players should get it even if it has an unfortunate side effect of leaving other players. Banking on the desires of that majority is less risky, since these guys have been around and will be around for some time. Theres been so many players and teams that come and go, like me, that want this and that, and then there are those who are going to use there pump in everything they possibly can.
I have nothing against any style, I play with any and everyone that has a little class. I play paintball, with a pump gun, not pump only paintball. Sometimes when I play or compete, I want to have that different style of play. Im sorry if others dont want to join in with me, but thats what I like to play. Thats what actually kept me in paintball. There are many pump elitists, even though that seems to be dying down now, and I hate that mindset. People who know me know that I speak my mind about them. I am not like those people, Im happy to have anyone at the other end to shoot regardless of they shoot back with.
Keep doing whats fun for you and Ill keep doing whats fun for me, otherwise why are we even playing.
__________________

powered by recball skills

Light up the eyes, boys, light up the
eyes!
july_favre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:06 PM #47
Linuss
 
 
Linuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: DFW Texas
I got a solution to all this... LIMITED AIR!!!!!!!
Linuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:28 AM #48
timmyballer67
Viva la Big XII!
 
timmyballer67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SoCal
When we have no paint to use, what are us fattys gonna do. A 200 round limit sounds like the perfect medium.
__________________
FC Bayern Munich -- Germany National Team -- Golden State Warriors -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Dallas Stars-- Apparantly a Right Wing Extremist?
timmyballer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:48 PM #49
Talfuchre
299 FPS to tha dome.
 
Talfuchre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
CTownCA:

Good post. Fair enough.

Linuss:

SOLVED!!!

TF
__________________
Pumpensteins Pump Blog - Click HERE
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump