PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-15-2008, 06:51 PM #1
gspin2k1

Sunday PB Scene in Seattle Area?

So my gear finally came in the mail YEAAAH!!! anyway just curious what the Sunday PB scene is like at the different fields? The only thing I know is it's hopperball at Snohomish DBS. How about Everett DBS, Splat attack?

~G
gspin2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2008, 07:47 PM #2
gunangel
blah blah blah

welcome to washington paintball, where are you located? I live by bellevue square lol. Anyways DBS indoor in everett I hear has some pretty steady players and since it is based on sessions they usually get a decent turnout. DZ is always fun, players usually show up in the morning and I know ptn practices there so a fun place with a slightly slower pace.
Powered By: APS, DZ, Paintball-Online
gunangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:07 AM #3
proto451

proto451 helped look for balloons
proto451 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
proto451 plays in the APPA D5 division
proto451 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DZ FTW
Great crowd, great prices, awesome field, awesome staff.
proto451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:59 AM #4
gspin2k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunangel View Post
welcome to washington paintball, where are you located? I live by bellevue square lol. Anyways DBS indoor in everett I hear has some pretty steady players and since it is based on sessions they usually get a decent turnout. DZ is always fun, players usually show up in the morning and I know ptn practices there so a fun place with a slightly slower pace.
Thanks. I live in Bellevue lake hills area. I just played at DBS Indoor on Friday night. There wasn't a ton of people, but we still got some good games in there, and the crowd had good attitudes. Although that turf left some kind of nasty grease all over my gear that still won't come off after like 3 washes.

Anyone playing this weekend (friday/sat/sunday)? where at?

~G
Old 07-21-2008, 12:11 PM #5
NickThePyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by proto451 View Post
DZ FTW
Great crowd, great prices, awesome field, awesome staff.

But still one of the best fields in washington
NickThePyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:00 PM #6
gspin2k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickThePyro View Post

But still one of the best fields in washington
Are we talking indoor or the outdoor? I played at the indoor one friday. The field was a good size but it wasn't amazing or anything. But agreed prices good, staff very good...and when they finally put in that new turf...it'll be nice.

Crap I got confused between DZ and DBS. I went to DBS. anyone here been to DBS outdoor?

~G

Last edited by gspin2k1 : 07-21-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:07 PM #7
Paintball$niper

has been a member for 10 years
Paintball$niper donated to help Peyton Trent
Paintball$niper owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Paintball$niper supports DLX Technology
Im trying to talk my buddies into practicing (UWHPC) at dbs this weekend if youd like to stop by _
Paintball$niper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:22 PM #8
ipodpeter35
Jizzed in My Pants

ipodpeter35 helped look for balloons
DBS is always fun and the indoor is open every day except mondays and tuesdays.
ipodpeter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:47 AM #9
leeninwit1shot
just like to shoot with 1

leeninwit1shot owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
leeninwit1shot owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspin2k1 View Post
So my gear finally came in the mail YEAAAH!!! anyway just curious what the Sunday PB scene is like at the different fields? The only thing I know is it's hopperball at Snohomish DBS. How about Everett DBS, Splat attack?

~G
welcome

Quote:
Thanks. I live in Bellevue lake hills area. I just played at DBS Indoor on Friday night. There wasn't a ton of people, but we still got some good games in there, and the crowd had good attitudes. Although that turf left some kind of nasty grease all over my gear that still won't come off after like 3 washes.

Anyone playing this weekend (friday/sat/sunday)? where at?

~G
DBS indoor has been known for its Doodlebug sludge aka Doodlebug goo, forever... but the steadiness and the quality of service make it one of, if not my favorite field in washington... so id suggest there

[quote=proto451;49589420]DZ FTW
decent crowd, decent prices, awesome field, awesomestaff.QUOTE]

overall looking for indoor you have just 2 choices... it all depends on whether your willing to pay more for the cost of paint and entry and enjoy well lit areas for a full day, or if you wanna buy a case and pay less on entry if at all, and enjoy fast paced good lesson paintball...

if you choose the higher entry and more cost on paint go DZ, if you want the less money spent, go DBS indoor...

i suggest checking every field out tho

BTA
leeninwit1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:59 PM #10
gspin2k1

[quote=leeninwit1shot;49780514]welcome

DBS indoor has been known for its Doodlebug sludge aka Doodlebug goo, forever... but the steadiness and the quality of service make it one of, if not my favorite field in washington... so id suggest there

Quote:
Originally Posted by proto451 View Post
DZ FTW
decent crowd, decent prices, awesome field, awesomestaff.QUOTE]

overall looking for indoor you have just 2 choices... it all depends on whether your willing to pay more for the cost of paint and entry and enjoy well lit areas for a full day, or if you wanna buy a case and pay less on entry if at all, and enjoy fast paced good lesson paintball...

if you choose the higher entry and more cost on paint go DZ, if you want the less money spent, go DBS indoor...

i suggest checking every field out tho
So I guess it's not just me. Now how do I get that goo off my paintball stuff, cus it smells like grease.

~G
Old 07-22-2008, 01:23 PM #11
NickThePyro

Quote:
So I guess it's not just me. Now how do I get that goo off my paintball stuff, cus it smells like grease.

~G
You realy cant. Just keep a set of cloths just for DBS.

Also it looks like some of us are going to OP this sunday
Old 07-22-2008, 01:29 PM #12
gspin2k1

Quote:
You realy cant. Just keep a set of cloths just for DBS.

Also it looks like some of us are going to OP this sunday
What's OP?

and DAMN I really wish I knew about the sludge BEFORE I bought my brand new DYE jersey and pants...I guess I gotta try the Dawn method now..hopefully it doesnt stain.

~G
Old 07-22-2008, 01:33 PM #13
NickThePyro

Quote:
What's OP?

and DAMN I really wish I knew about the sludge BEFORE I bought my brand new DYE jersey and pants...I guess I gotta try the Dawn method now..hopefully it doesnt stain.

~G
Its Operation Paintball. One of my favorite outdoor fields.

Good luck I have 3 pairs of paintball pants and 5 paintball jerseys Crappy ones get used at crappy fields
Old 07-22-2008, 01:50 PM #14
gspin2k1

Quote:
Its Operation Paintball. One of my favorite outdoor fields.

Good luck I have 3 pairs of paintball pants and 5 paintball jerseys Crappy ones get used at crappy fields
Operation Paintball huh...okay I'll look it up. Any other crappy fields you should warn me about that are potentially dangerous to my nice pb gear.

~G
Old 07-22-2008, 01:51 PM #15
NickThePyro

Quote:
Operation Paintball huh...okay I'll look it up. Any other crappy fields you should warn me about that are potentially dangerous to my nice pb gear.

~G
DBS is the worst turf in washington, so pretty much everything is better. Some outdoor fields are not the best if you try to slide.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:10 PM #16
FFfreak2

FFfreak2 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
What's OP?

~G
Try Oxy clean, I've had some success getting that nasty stuff out with that. And DBS outdoor is fun, nice rec field and air field when they set it up. If you want more wooded feel but still fast games try ForestFire in lakestevens but only on Saturdays.

Oh and their putting in new turf at DBS.

Last edited by FFfreak2 : 07-22-2008 at 02:13 PM. Reason: addition
FFfreak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:41 PM #17
Sirlawrence

Quote:
What's OP?

~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFfreak2 View Post
Try Oxy clean, I've had some success getting that nasty stuff out with that. And DBS outdoor is fun, nice rec field and air field when they set it up. If you want more wooded feel but still fast games try ForestFire in lakestevens but only on Saturdays.

Oh and their putting in new turf at DBS.
I have also found Oxy Clean to work the best...Tide is pretty good as well. If you wash you stuff within 24 hours of playing, most all of it seems to wash out. I run mine through the washer twice and dry it on a low heat, delicate cycle...a no heat tumble only cycle would work good too.

I've never had a problem washing out the so called DBS Goo as long as you don't let it settle in for a few days. But this is pretty much true of any paint on your clothing. Get to it soon enough with a quality detergent and you should be fine. Actually, the only stain my pants have taken came from the white paint at DZ Indoor which kind of surprised me. I thought the pinks and oranges would be the ones that stained more.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:43 PM #18
NickThePyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirlawrence View Post
I have also found Oxy Clean to work the best...Tide is pretty good as well. If you wash you stuff within 24 hours of playing, most all of it seems to wash out. I run mine through the washer twice and dry it on a low heat, delicate cycle...a no heat tumble only cycle would work good too.

I've never had a problem washing out the so called DBS Goo as long as you don't let it settle in for a few days. But this is pretty much true of any paint on your clothing. Get to it soon enough with a quality detergent and you should be fine. Actually, the only stain my pants have taken came from the white paint at DZ Indoor which kind of surprised me. I thought the pinks and oranges would be the ones that stained more.
I only have 1 stain and its a yellow one from 2 years ago. That jersey must have been washed a good 10-15 times and it is still there.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:48 PM #19
gspin2k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirlawrence View Post

Yeah I got home right after playing (paint and goo couldn't have settled in longer than 2-3 hours)...and threw everything in the wash with GAIN =P. Stuff was clean, goo turned white on my clothes and now everything smelled like grease. Then pretreated everything with Shout, washed it all again with gain, febreeze odor remover, and liquid oxy clean...most of the grease came off except for few places. Washed it one more time doing the same thing as the second time...most of the grease is off, I still have several stains from that nel-splat paint (mainly pink and some green...which im sure was yellow when i got hit)....but the worse thing is..my jersey and pants STILL have that grease smell..despite how much odor remover i spray on it (nature's miracle, febreeze)...Im going to try that soaking it in dawn liquid soap method...I pray that works...

I got another new pair of DYE jersey/pants coming in the mail..Im not wearing those to DBS indoor anytime soon...I hope they replace the flooring in their staging area and store too. I wonder if that grease is from the sealant on their original turf.

~G

p.s. sadly the cold water wash for my washer is "Delicate" cycle...I wonder if my jersey and pants can handle a warm water wash (not recommended on the tags) because that's a normal cycle...may clean it better.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:53 PM #20
NickThePyro

Quote:
Yeah I got home right after playing (paint and goo couldn't have settled in longer than 2-3 hours)...and threw everything in the wash with GAIN =P. Stuff was clean, goo turned white on my clothes and now everything smelled like grease. Then pretreated everything with Shout, washed it all again with gain, febreeze odor remover, and liquid oxy clean...most of the grease came off except for few places. Washed it one more time doing the same thing as the second time...most of the grease is off, I still have several stains from that nel-splat paint (mainly pink and some green...which im sure was yellow when i got hit)....but the worse thing is..my jersey and pants STILL have that grease smell..despite how much odor remover i spray on it (nature's miracle, febreeze)...Im going to try that soaking it in dawn liquid soap method...I pray that works...

I got another new pair of DYE jersey/pants coming in the mail..Im not wearing those to DBS indoor anytime soon...I hope they replace the flooring in their staging area and store too. I wonder if that grease is from the sealant on their original turf.

~G

p.s. sadly the cold water wash for my washer is "Delicate" cycle...I wonder if my jersey and pants can handle a warm water wash (not recommended on the tags) because that's a normal cycle...may clean it better.
It will always smell like paintball. My room has a slight paintball odor at all times because all the paintball stuff in my closet. Its actualy a nice smell when paintball is like crack to you. You ordered another set? Nice! Wanna order me a new set also, my C6 pants are getting quite thrashed.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:23 PM #21
Sirlawrence

I use a warm water, regular cycle wash and always use the liquid Oxy Clean. This seems to get most all of the paint smell out, but I do have to admit that my JT gear does retain less of the paint smell than my sons Proto clothing.

I've tried Arm & Hammer without any real success on the stains or smell. Tide worked well with the stains, but not as well as the Oxy Clean, which seems to work best on both. Many times I will also run them through again without any detergent, which in effect, gives them another double rinsing.