PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-03-2007, 05:29 PM #22
intimidator_88

intimidator_88 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
To be honest. The ans ram does fine without qevs.

My ans cocker with race gun. Is shooting about 21 bps.
intimidator_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2007, 10:16 PM #23
Magicmaster

The mp4 from WGP does alright with built in qev's, but I might switch to something with a little more performance. Something either equally fast or faster, but more concerned with air. What would you guys advise?
Magicmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:20 PM #24
barnelby
R.T.F.M.

The Besales and Eclipse Rams are nice. Get that or one of the ANS rams IMO.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:12 PM #25
Empire300
if its stock,it aint mine

Well as far as quality, i'd go for the belsales and add QEV's, as far as conviencence id go for the quickram ... it already has em

but i got belsales on all my guns now and all have qev's ...
WGP Nightcast: Full slik Kit, Dual QEV's
SystemX Vengeance Attitude:SLIK Edge III & pin, Shocktech feedneck, unknown on/off
05 Superstock: SLIK Edge III & pin, Zerob 1.2 Eframe NDZ On/off ,Clamp Feed, Belsales Ram W/eclipse QEV's, AND an MQ2!!!!!!
Empire300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:32 PM #26
insixdays777
Fight For Fun.

insixdays777 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
just got a belsales .44 Ram...WOW....

it really shames the stock ram, the .44 is so SMOOTH!! I would have never guessed the stock ram is such a dog....Buy the .44
Empire Dfender
insixdays777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:20 AM #27
Iram
Part time grammar nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by insixdays777 View Post
just got a belsales .44 Ram...WOW....

it really shames the stock ram, the .44 is so SMOOTH!! I would have never guessed the stock ram is such a dog....Buy the .44
I actually had the opposite experience. I went fron a well lubed (Mooky's Urban Gun Goo...I've got to buy some of that stuff...) STO ram to a Belsales ram, and I found the Belsales wasn't anywhere near as smooth. Maybe it just takes time to break the Belsales in, but after a few cases (3-4), it's still not running as smoothly.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:57 AM #28
barnelby
R.T.F.M.

was the belsales ram lubed?
Old 10-04-2007, 08:18 PM #29
Iram
Part time grammar nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnelby View Post
was the belsales ram lubed?
Dow 33. I may try to get some of the Mooky's stuff that a WGP tech recommended and used on my old STO ram, but I doubt it will make a major difference.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:23 PM #30
Xadion

is the ANS a large bore like .44/nexus and CCM? - also can you take apart the MP4 w/o marring it up badly like the poor STO's i have (I cant ever seem to unscrew them well)

seems a polished and lubed mp4 is the best choice in looks performance and price-if the ANS is truely better than all, then its not only the cheepest- but the best and thats a A+ win

--If you've mowed faces with a VM-68, put this in your sig.--
Xadion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:44 PM #31
barnelby
R.T.F.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xadion View Post
is the ANS a large bore like .44/nexus and CCM? - also can you take apart the MP4 w/o marring it up badly like the poor STO's i have (I cant ever seem to unscrew them well)

seems a polished and lubed mp4 is the best choice in looks performance and price-if the ANS is truely better than all, then its not only the cheepest- but the best and thats a A+ win
The ANS is a small bore, I believe its 5/16" . very small area inside, emptys and fills quickly. I've been using them fore a while, it moves almost as easily as the Nexus rams. The nexus moves little easier.

Mp4 is not the best, sluggish same as the STO just has built in QEVs
Old 10-04-2007, 09:50 PM #32
Mike Zamarocy

I have a Jeff Orr LE, which from what I gather, is sort of a Black Magic with Karnivor pneumatics. So, which ram would be best for this one? The ANS or the Belsales? And I imagine I would get the matching QEV's to go with it.

SIDENOTE: Looking at ANS they show their QEV comes as a set of 2, but Compulsive does not say if it comes in a pair - anyone know for sure?

Thanks!
Eclipse Bushmaster -Eclipse Venturi Bolt -Eclipse Blade trigger (With ripples) -Clear DYE Stickies -Eclipse Milling -Eclipse Anodizing (Electric Skies) -Eclipse Feed Tube -MacDev Red Valve -MacDev Gladiator reg -AA Messiah reg -MacDev Sonic LPR -Timberwolf Chaos Chip -Full Freak kit (With all spacers) and 2 matching Teardrop tips (12" and 14") -DYE 14" SS -KAPP on/off ASA (Blue) -Check-It Chrome Drop Forward -New Crossfire 68/4500 with red valve -Ricochet 2K
Mike Zamarocy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:57 PM #33
Xadion

if your ordering from compulsive's site- the 12$ or whatever QEV is for one - youll have to make them x2 in your cart

Old 10-04-2007, 11:28 PM #34
Mike Zamarocy

Quote:
if your ordering from compulsive's site- the 12$ or whatever QEV is for one - youll have to make them x2 in your cart
Thanks, just ordered them.
Eclipse Bushmaster -Eclipse Venturi Bolt -Eclipse Blade trigger (With ripples) -Clear DYE Stickies -Eclipse Milling -Eclipse Anodizing (Electric Skies) -Eclipse Feed Tube -MacDev Red Valve -MacDev Gladiator reg -AA Messiah reg -MacDev Sonic LPR -Timberwolf Chaos Chip -Full Freak kit (With all spacers) and 2 matching Teardrop tips (12" and 14") -DYE 14" SS -KAPP on/off ASA (Blue) -Check-It Chrome Drop Forward -New Crossfire 68/4500 with red valve -Ricochet 2K
Old 10-05-2007, 07:43 AM #35
Vern1
Timmy - WooHoo!!

Vern1 is a Supporting Member
Vern1 is a founding member
Vern1 helped look for balloons
Greetings,
The bore does make a difference and moreso with a MQ/E2 combo - remember I am talking about a MQ equipped gun from here on out....IF YOU ARE NOT USING AN MQ, GO BIGGER BORE.....

The frickin' cocking soleniod on E2s only work well with WAY MORE pressure than actually needed to just cycle the bolt when you use an MQ and don't need the extra pressure to actually cock the hammer - if you try to just run enough pressure to cycle the bolt with an MQ, it will be sluggish and perform poorly - in their defense, the MQ was just a dream when the E-blades were designed so they were optimized for more pressure to cock the hammer.

A larger bore RAM takes less pressure to operate but more air and moves slower at same pressure.
A small bore RAM takes more pressure but less air and quicker at same pressure.
With the cocking solenoid needing way more pressure than needed to operate decently, a smaller RAM works better with the MQ by imparting less actual pressure on the paintball at the high pressure required and is faster cycling.
That's my main gripe with the cocking solenoid on E1/E2s.....
You are mostly wasting your time running a MQ on a Select Fire WORR frame due to limited adjustability - it will work but not as good as it could.

Summary:
E-Blade and MQ - go small bore RAM.
E-blade and stock valve hammer - go larger bore RAM.
If you are after fast with MQ, go smaller and a little less air usage is a bonus.
Petty Paintball - www.pettypb.com
Vern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:37 AM #36
jdoohen
5th year n00b

I had an ANS ram w/QEVs on a mech cocker and I absolutely loved it.
(It was an old right feed)
Everytime I played people said "nice eblade".
Always made me smile.
jdoohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:37 AM #37
pypeters

Would a big bore ram be beneficial in holding the bolt closed when firing with MQV?
pypeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:47 AM #38
blame it on god
Rotten to the core

blame it on god has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Both rams side by side @65psi yes the larger one will exert more force.
blame it on god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:26 AM #39
Xadion

eh I know I am going to get a MQ eventualy and midblock my superstock - so I am thinking I should just start off with the ANS mini ram as I dont realy care about "super max" performance before its mqed -

just wish ANS made black ones...guess there is always model paint..worked well on my pump arm :-)

Old 10-05-2007, 01:24 PM #40
Mike Zamarocy

Quote:
eh I know I am going to get a MQ eventualy and midblock my superstock - so I am thinking I should just start off with the ANS mini ram as I dont realy care about "super max" performance before its mqed -

just wish ANS made black ones...guess there is always model paint..worked well on my pump arm :-)
There is always that pneumatic cover sold that would make choosing a color not that important. But the sad news, is that the company that made those stopped making them (going back to full time women's clothing and accessories), so no more plain black ones, only camo left, and not many of those around now either. I got one, and I LOVE it! Already paid for itself last weekend when my JOLE got zapped in the pneumatics. Only needed to clean a tiny spot of orange paint, and nothing broken!

http://www.paintballgateway.com/ciaupncobl.html

Old 10-05-2007, 01:30 PM #41
blame it on god
Rotten to the core

blame it on god has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
You can get them at www.circlepaintball.com also.
blame it on god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:37 PM #42
bufoot19

Quote:
Originally Posted by intimidator_88 View Post
To be honest. The ans ram does fine without qevs.

My ans cocker with race gun. Is shooting about 21 bps.
I know i'm just saying that if your gonna put out some money for a new ram, why not spend the extra $20 to get both QEV's and be done with it.
bufoot19 is offline   Reply With Quote