Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-10-2007, 10:18 AM #1
brutekiller787

karnivor back block compatibility

can i use a karnivor backblock/ICS in a psychoballistics lightning or no? it seems like a simple concept and if it lowers the cocking pressure, i'm all for it
brutekiller787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2007, 11:53 AM #2
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
u should be able to as long as the lower tube is threaded for ivg and if the karnivor p block fits your body
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:07 PM #3
Xadion

The karni back block is a P block / Evo - lightnings are standard- the karnis back block will not fitproperly...

the ICS does not realy give you any advantage over not haveing a cocking rod stick out the back...it was an overcomplicated solution to a simple problem imo

--If you've mowed faces with a VM-68, put this in your sig.--
Xadion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:10 PM #4
brutekiller787

but if i drilled my backblock to fit with the ics cocking rod would it work? or if i cut the body to fit with the karni back block would it work? and does it still lower the cocking pressure?
Old 08-10-2007, 12:23 PM #5
Xadion

I am sure if you where to drill the body to acomodate the karni back block it would work, would not be all that pretty- you could also prolly make the lightning back block accept the end of the ics easyer and cleaner than the time/effort etc of modding your body.

also...if you have a karni, why are you useing a lightning...nothing bad about lightnings I had one for along time when they first came out!

and IMO the ICS does nothing to improve the operation / cycle / pressure / consistancy etc of anything but eleminate the back cocking rod sticking out...but thats imo

--If you've mowed faces with a VM-68, put this in your sig.--
Xadion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:08 PM #6
brutekiller787

yea right if i had a karni, i would whip the lightning at the wall. i just want to know if it lowers the cocking pressure?
Old 08-10-2007, 04:33 PM #7
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

tipp98chopshop helped look for balloons
why dont you just buy a karni? you can pick them up for like 350$
tipp98chopshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:10 PM #8
brutekiller787

i don't have that money. i am 17 years old and have no job. i can barely afford to play
Old 08-10-2007, 05:14 PM #9
baller081

$350 new? where?
Old 08-10-2007, 05:15 PM #10
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

lol dont worry I know that feeling. but sell the gun you have and get a job ya bum!!! hahha JP man but yeah
Old 08-10-2007, 09:49 PM #11
Wv7o

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutekiller787 View Post
yea right if i had a karni, i would whip the lightning at the wall. i just want to know if it lowers the cocking pressure?
No it will not lower cocking pressure, unless what you are replacing has more weight then any lighter parts will lower cocking pressure. (keep in mind that a lower cocking pressure will only be noticeable if you remove a substantial amount of weight)

If you are asking about operating pressure the answer is no.

Last edited by Wv7o : 08-10-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Wv7o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:52 PM #12
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Annual Supporting Member
DriverJ is BST Legit
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by baller081 View Post
$350 new? where?
yeah where??
DriverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:08 AM #13
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

used on here, well SOME of them and though they dont have them anymore they had them on ans gear for like 375$ bnib
Old 08-11-2007, 12:26 PM #14
mega moose
GET SOME

i got mine for 275
Old 08-11-2007, 08:37 PM #15
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega moose View Post
i got mine for 275
mine was 2x that price exactly back in november but personaly my karni is the only full block cocker id ever use, just my opinion Im practicly shooting an 05 ego. I played with both last night and they feel identicle (I have a real e2 frame with samurai trigger(ego 05 trigger) in it)
Old 08-11-2007, 09:43 PM #16
brutekiller787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wv7o View Post
No it will not lower cocking pressure, unless what you are replacing has more weight then any lighter parts will lower cocking pressure. (keep in mind that a lower cocking pressure will only be noticeable if you remove a substantial amount of weight)

If you are asking about operating pressure the answer is no.
ok so if it's just looks then idc really. cuz looks don't make the gun shoot better
Old 10-08-2007, 10:50 PM #17
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Basically to sum it up.....it is possible, in order to use a karni ICS system you would need to; properly mill the body of the lightning for a proper fit for the karni back block, the internals do not differ much in size comparison. True the karni internals are different but they will fit just like any other wgp cocker internals, if you dont want to spend the money milling down the body. You can try tapping the lightning back block to put a screw in, that screw would have to have itself tapped to the same threads as the cocking rod. So in conclusion is a screw within in a screw hole with a screw inside of it, lol if that makes sense. But I don't think that option would be as strong to withstand the impact of the back block going back and fourth, unless you use some permanent locktite.....the red stuff. The reason why you can't simply tap the back block and screw in the cocking rod is because......the hole for the cocking rod is too big, to tell you the truth you wouldn't be gaining as much. Well....anything if you pulled this off. True you would have ease adjusting the velocity and have a kick *** marker, but is it worth the trouble and effor. Sure some people would do it, but I'm not saying not to. Go for it if ya want I hope this helps and good luck bro
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it

Last edited by tgs-killer : 10-08-2007 at 10:53 PM.
tgs-killer is offline   Reply With Quote