Old 10-14-2007, 04:46 PM #65
PaintballTourney2

none that I've received word on
Old 10-14-2007, 11:39 PM #66
Ionthumper

Angry Why blame it on us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballTourney2 View Post
COME ON TEAMS... ! SUPPORT THIS SERIES AND PLAY THIS EVENT! I WOULD HATE TO MAKE THIS A 5 EVENT (OR POSSIBLY A 4 EVENT) SERIES NEXT YEAR BECAUSE THE EVENTS TOWARDS THE END OF THE SEASON DIE DOWN. PLEASE DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN.... THE FUTURE OF THIS SEARIES DEPENDS ON YOU!
Don't most series experience waning interest towards the end as fewer and fewer teams actually have a chance to win the "grand" prize.

Rather than blame Oklahoma teams why not ask where are the other 20 teams that played in the tournaments that had 45 teams in them? Were they unhappy with the series or did they realize they could not win the series and dropped out.

The new teams you are looking for face the same hurdle, they can't win the grand prize in the finals, all they can do is contribute to value of the final prizes. That is what you said, isn't it?

Old 10-15-2007, 10:49 AM #67
cr4izyp4in708
Local Legend

thank god someone said it

A power so great and you've no idea what it means to possess another's mind.
TONY PUCKETT

Old 10-15-2007, 11:21 AM #68
PaintballTourney2

I thought I posted a reply once to that comment, but it either got deleted or it was in another nation forum.

In any event, yes, I am wondering where the other teams are who have played this series from the beginning. However, new teams should play this event just for the prizes. This series from the beginning has focused on providing nice prizes at every event and the series prizes is just gravy on top if you win that too. Your statement would be more believable on my end if we were just giving away trophies at all the events and then something nice for the series winners.

I'm done trying to recruit though. I figure I've promoted enough. There are a few more days left to register... we'll just see what happens.

dan
Old 10-15-2007, 06:27 PM #69
FKH Army
You don't have to ask!

For starters, you made your plea for teams in three different threads and Ionthumper answered it in two of them.

As far as prizes go, it looks like you won't meet your minimums in any of the divisions for the fifth event. And L2 & L3 are the only divisions that could get the series prizes due to you not getting the 10 team/per event average anyway.

Event 5 has yet to be played and MPS has all but cancelled Event 6. Which, with the declining participation in the last two events, would have made the Coliseum a losing venue. The future of MPS coming to Oklahoma next year may be overshadowed by the future of the MPS itself.

Eliminating people, one hopper at a time!

But what's puzzling you Is the nature of my game.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:32 PM #70
PaintballTourney2

Please don't make assumptions you don't know the facts on. Mark with KEE and I had the conversation at event 4 on how the series prizes will be divided up. Those Levels that don't get an average of 10 teams for the series will still receive series prizes... it just won't be to the top 3 teams in the level like it would be if they did have the 10 team average. Depending on the turnout of event 5 was going to determine if we could give prizes to the top team in L1 (for example) or the top 2 teams in L1.

As of today, event 6 isn't cancelled. Nor will it if the weather plays out in our favor. Trust me, I want the event to happen indoors... and I may see about getting the name and number to the facility manager of the Coliseum and giving that to the players... maybe if enough people call this guy, he'll allow us to have the event there and not do the stupid crap that he is making the field to do.

The MPS will continue to grow next season regardless of the turnout of this or any event. What may change is the location of the events... and the location of the events will follow where most of the teams come from. I'm certain that regardless of where the events are next season, we'll still have a good showing from several Oklahoma teams that will travel across state whether it be Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, etc.

Thanks for your comments, but please don't talk down on a series and state incorrect facts that you know nothing about.

Dan
Old 10-15-2007, 08:29 PM #71
FKH Army
You don't have to ask!

On the offical website for the MPS you said on OCT 12, "Reminder.... I need an average of 10 teams to give away Series Prizes for a Level." I took that as a fact. There was no mention of any side conversation with Kee. I guess that since quote was three days old it was no longer valid, so I wonder how long your last statement will stand before you recall another conversation from a month ago?

As of today, event #6 is at the mercy of winter in Kansas. So even if you don't have snow or ice, it's going to be 40 degrees on the average. Highs might hit 50 but the morning temp will be more like 30. If you're lucky. Probably not going to be a super turnout.

With the failure to deliver the prize packages you advertized, it remains to be seen if you can continue draw teams to your venues. It would seem the series peaked about half way thru and continues to decline. It is a shame that Oklahoma teams will travel across state to play tournaments when it seems Kansas teams will not.

But with several fields in Tulsa and OKC planning a series of tournaments in Oklahoma next year, maybe the Oklahoma teams won't have to travel that far.

Good luck with the rest of your season, really.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:38 PM #72
Ionthumper

Talking Booyaa

Thanks for your comments, but please don't talk down on players from a state that you know nothing about.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:39 PM #73
PaintballTourney2

Thanks for the love guys.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:49 PM #74
PaintballTourney2

Quote:
There was no mention of any side conversation with Kee
Here's the post... http://paintballtourney.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7570

I didn't go into details on what we are giving away and to what level. I was going to wait until after event 5 to see what our series prize budge was before I made that announcement. Let it be said now... every level will get something. Some more than others because of their average team count.

Quote:
but please don't talk down on players from a state that you know nothing about.
I didn't think I was talking down to anyone. I'm trying to defend a series it sounds like is being bashed. I'm also confused why your trying to bash it....

Quote:
Tulsa and OKC planning a series of tournaments in Oklahoma next year
.... wait! Now I know why.

I'm happy to see you guys start your own series! I was bummed when the KOPS stopped their events. Maybe if you start your own series, it will draw in more teams and players which will help the sport out as a whole. Plus it will be something I can finally play in. I can't play in my own events.

Lets Leave this alone before things get out of control. I never said anything to be offensive... at least not intentionally. Part of me coming across strong could be blamed to me almost passing out at work on Friday and I'm still recovering from a major project being due.... then I get to work today and find out I have another major project due by 3pm tomorrow!!! Life is good.

Take care guys.... I will always like Oklahoma regardless of how I'm perceived.

Dan
Old 10-16-2007, 12:04 AM #75
FKH Army
You don't have to ask!

I'm not involved in starting any tournament series. I'm just really tired of seeing Oklahoma players traveling and supporting tournaments when no one else seems to be willing to. Then someone posts a call to Oklahoma players to step up and support paintball, how about posting a call to Kansas or Missouri players to finish what they started? I guess that would be too much to ask.

As far as bashing, I just call as I see them.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:54 AM #76
cr4izyp4in708
Local Legend

OPL. Oklahoma Paintball Legue. It needs to happen.

A power so great and you've no idea what it means to possess another's mind.
TONY PUCKETT

Old 10-16-2007, 07:06 PM #77
Slugfest
Got Dad Strength?

Slugfest plays in the PSP
Slugfest helped look for balloons
Slugfest supports Bob Gurnsey
Slugfest plays in the APPA D4 division
Oh the drama.. Paintball wouldn't be the same without it. I see both sides to this little tiff believe it or not.
The MPS has had quite a bit of support from Oklahoma teams this season, as well as surrounding states. Honestly, I think a series (of the caliber you are trying to sustain) needs better individual event prizes, as opposed to amazing series prizes. Now I know there are people who are looking forward to taking down the series prizes. But honestly, at this point in the season, if you are looking to draw new teams who haven't played in any of the events so far, the single event prizes must be better.
Now, the series prizes you mentioned at Event #4 were nothing short of spectacular. But, you are using the series prize to try and draw in teams, when only maybe 2-3 teams have a legitimate shot at winning them. This just isn't going to be a successful method.
I am not here to bash, but only give constructive criticism. If you want a good draw to every single event, tone down the series prizes in order to have awesome event prizes. That is what the teams will love to show up and compete for. You make the prizes, then the teams come for them... not the other way around. Any type of series prize is just icing on the cake in my opinion.

CHphoto
●◦●◦●◦Perryman flies BMWs like kites◦●◦●◦●
Satisfaction ends progress.
New BST +5 / 0
Old 10-16-2007, 08:03 PM #78
Elf Warrior
Texas Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKH Army View Post
I'm not involved in starting any tournament series. I'm just really tired of seeing Oklahoma players traveling and supporting tournaments when no one else seems to be willing to. Then someone posts a call to Oklahoma players to step up and support paintball, how about posting a call to Kansas or Missouri players to finish what they started? I guess that would be too much to ask.

As far as bashing, I just call as I see them.
And this is why this guy is my hero
Old 10-16-2007, 08:28 PM #79
PaintballTourney2

Slugfest,

thanks for your comments.

I am all for giving away even better prizes than what I am giving away now. But do keep in mind, part of the biggest reason why teams can't play... regardless of where they are from... is because they can't afford to play. Increasing the value of the prizes will also increase the entry amount. Do you think teams are willing to do this? Reason I ask, is the biggest complaint from the 06 season was the cost... so we focused this season on reducing the costs across the board.

To all the guys who took offense to some of my posts. I do apologize. I sometimes get ahead of myself and post things without thinking how it makes some people feel. Again, I apologize and I hope you can forgive, forget, and show me some love (in an un-gay way of course).

thanks,

Dan
Old 10-16-2007, 08:41 PM #80
Slugfest
Got Dad Strength?

Slugfest plays in the PSP
Slugfest helped look for balloons
Slugfest supports Bob Gurnsey
Slugfest plays in the APPA D4 division
I understand that providing better prizes can increase costs.. But, what I was really trying to get at, is possibly using the money for the series prizes (which to me seemed like a substantial amount) to provide for better individual event prizes, maybe not focus so much on the series prize as being the big draw. Nowe, I don't know what the specifics are with Kee, but I understand not much can be done this year to better the event prizes. But, possibly next year, as opposed to getting so much support from Kee for the series prizes, try to get them to better the individual event prizes.
Just an idea, good luck with the upcoming event and the series. I would love to play this one but Cup is around the corner and very expensive.

CHphoto
●◦●◦●◦Perryman flies BMWs like kites◦●◦●◦●
Satisfaction ends progress.
New BST +5 / 0
Old 10-17-2007, 01:33 AM #81
RR#82
.:BSC:.

Annual Supporting Member
RR#82 is BST Trusted
RR#82 plays in the PSP
RR#82 donated to help Peyton Trent
RR#82 supports Team VICIOUS
RR#82 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
RR#82 is Legendary
RR#82 supports Empire
i cant find a captains meeting time....someone help me out

Old 10-17-2007, 02:34 AM #82
NotYourPsycho
is now Mrs. Cyberthug :D

NotYourPsycho is a Moderator
NotYourPsycho is a Supporting Member
NotYourPsycho is a Paintball photographer
NotYourPsycho is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR#82 View Post
i cant find a captains meeting time....someone help me out
Captains Meeting starts at 8:45AM

I might be there taking pictures if allowed
(who would I get permission from?)
Old 10-17-2007, 09:52 AM #83
PaintballTourney2

Just a heads up... L2 currently has 5 teams listed. Only 4 of those 5 are considered "Paid Teams" for prizes. I need at least 1 more paid team to register and pay by 6pm tonight or else L2 could get cancelled. With 4 paid teams, there wouldn't be enough budget to purchase prizes needed to make that level worth while. However, if I get at least one more paid team... then I can afford to do the Quests for the top prize because of the deal that KEE is offering.

Hank from PCOC is trying to recruit some L2 teams, so I'm hopeful he'll pull through. Cancelling L2 is the last thing I want to happen... so if you are a L2 team considering to play in this event, then contact me ASAP!

If L2 does get cancelled, those teams who paid will receive full refunds and those teams who paid will receive Series Points based on their average score over the past 4 events.

If L2 does get cancelled, then I'm going to contacting the four L1 teams about playing on Saturday rather than Sunday. If there is a single L1 team that can't play on Saturday, then we'll proceed with playing on Sunday as scheduled... it will just be a short day for everyone.

If your an L1 team and you read this post, please contact me at paintballtourney@cox.net with your team name and a Yes or a No to the question of, "Can your team play on Saturday if L2 gets cancelled?"

The final announcement will be made sometime tonight on the MPS Player's forum on if L2 gets cancelled so please keep checking that forum.

As far as prizes.... Below are the updated prizes based off our team count for event #5. As you can see, with 11 paid teams in L3 and since L4 has only 5 paid teams, I had to take the original prize package down to the top 3 places in those two levels.

L4... Because of the disappointment of the prize package from some of the teams from event 4 , I'm paying the extra $$ out of my own pocket to give you guys the Minis this event. I can't afford to do that every event, but this event I am able to.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

L1 with 4 Paid Teams
- Winning team gets $650 Cash

L2 with 5 Paid Teams
- (5) First Endeavor Quest Markers
- (5) Pure Energy 68/4500 Nitrogen Tanks
- (5) Empire Ultimate Gear Bags

L3 with 10 Paid Teams
- (3) Invert Minis
- (3) Empire Reloader B2
- (3) Empire Ultimate Gear Bag

L4 with 5 Paid Teams
- (3) Invert Minis