J. Stein is a Supporting Member
J. Stein is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
J. Stein plays in the PSP
J. Stein donated to help Peyton Trent
Where's the Hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NECanes Coach View Post
Not to go old school on you... But I think NE paintball could have produced some truly awesome teams, or at least an awesome team, for the national stage if there wasn't so much local in-ighting, and rivalry.

As a "scene" people just couldn't get along well enough to make a serious run.

But I don't want to start a new conversation. I barely remember what went on back then. I just have that impression about the era...

Discuss

Warzone Facebook
www.warzoneri.com

RIP Ronnie
J. Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:17 PM #2
brawnpb

brawnpb plays in the APPA D4 division
I have been around for about 10 years now and have tried to keep up with some of the better local teams and talent. I must say, I disagree with this statement. From my experience and what I have witnessed, the so called "in-fighting" does not exist.

Personally, I believe the reason the NE area has not seen a growth of professional teams is because the facilities are not on the same stage as that of the west coast and souther teams. Here in the NE area, we get to play outside for only a few months, and even that is limited to harsh weather, either heat or rain. We have a wide array of fields here, but many of them are small, poorly run, and eventually close because the owners run them into the ground. There is no place or anyone willing (except a few individuals) who will take the time to develop players and spend the finances to help promote and get players to the caliber that is needed to play on the professional level. I believe the 'Canes do an excellent job scouting and developing players to get them to that professional stage. The problem is there is only the 'Canes, and only a limited number of divisional teams for players to develop their skills with. Also, with the NPPL and PSP the way they are currently set up, only a set limit of professional teams can play for the season. If you want to talk about Divisional play, the caliber of players that the west coast produces and the numbers they produce far outweigh us here in NE. I do believe that there are teams in NE that would give these teams a run for their money and have done so on numerous occasions, but the fact of the matter is, they get to play longer seasons, play with professional teams and players on a regular basis, and their facilities are better in general. There will be many of you who disagree with this and that is fine. But if the NE teams want to produce more professional players and see some great teams and talent come out of the area, I believe there needs to be a conglomeration of the fields and produce a few really great facilities instead of many small poorly run facilities.

Thanks and hope I have not offended anyone or any team. I have great respect for the teams and players who do compete nationally, but as a whole, I believe we here in NE are a step or two behind those elsewhere in the county.

- Bryan

Last edited by brawnpb : 08-30-2007 at 05:20 PM.
brawnpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:38 PM #3
NECanes Coach
Turnin Kids 2 ballers

NECanes Coach is a Supporting Member
NECanes Coach is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by brawnpb View Post
I have been around for about 10 years now and have tried to keep up with some of the better local teams and talent. I must say, I disagree with this statement. From my experience and what I have witnessed, the so called "in-fighting" does not exist.

Personally, I believe the reason the NE area has not seen a growth of professional teams is because the facilities are not on the same stage as that of the west coast and souther teams.

Thanks and hope I have not offended anyone or any team. I have great respect for the teams and players who do compete nationally, but as a whole, I believe we here in NE are a step or two behind those elsewhere in the county.

- Bryan

I cut out a bunch. At the time I am refering too, the facilities around the country sucked as much as anywhere else. I disagree with the entire point.

People around here just couldn't get along. I am talking back around the time of The Express. Pre Boston Paintball Factory, and into their local reign. Back when Ant, and Matt were playing with The Enemy, because there was nothing better local.

And Jeff, you suck for even forcing this to continue.
Hurricane Facebook Fan Site
NECanes Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:54 PM #4
brawnpb

then I apologize, I thought we were comparing then to now lol. Oops. Much love for the 'Canes though, you guys do great things with the local talent.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:59 PM #5
J. Stein

J. Stein is a Supporting Member
J. Stein is a founding member
J. Stein plays in the PSP
J. Stein donated to help Peyton Trent
This is the best conversation we COULD have.

Warzone Facebook
www.warzoneri.com

RIP Ronnie
J. Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:02 PM #6
brawnpb

then by all means, let's converse
Old 08-30-2007, 09:49 PM #7
NECanes Coach
Turnin Kids 2 ballers

NECanes Coach is a Supporting Member
NECanes Coach is a Professional paintball player
Brawnpb - No worries man.

Ii don't think many people from back then frequent these boards Jeff.
Hurricane Facebook Fan Site
NECanes Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:56 PM #8
Jolfer
http://lennyemery.com/

I think there needs to be a balance of rivalry and friendship. People have to test each other, and also have to be pushed by each other to reach a higher level of play.

Back in the day, Formula, Eclipse Blue, Eclipse Red, Hurricanes all pushed each other and helped each other, obviously the Canes one most of the time, but it was always fun to see those teams battle it out.

MySpace - FaceBook - LennyEmery.com - Twitter
Jolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:25 AM #9
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

bmoney003 is a Professional paintball player
bmoney003 plays in the PSP
bmoney003 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ok, this may not seem relevant because we are D3 and NEX and 187 are D2 but...

187 AND NEX are very friendly AND very helpful to us (Armageddon) we are at all of their matches we can and they are at ALL the one they can make of ours. We practice week in and week out with both of them.....they help us walk all of the fields(both NPPL and NEPL) and we share strategies, equipment, water...you name it. I would consider everyone on both teams good friends to me and to Armageddon.

Now, with that being said....when we scrim either one of them....our whole team wants blood...to smash them to bits...once we get inside the nets...thats it...(i also know this is a fact the otehr way around...and would be 5-fold if we played them in a tourney). there may be swearing at each other(hurd), Threatening(webby) <3 to both! but once we step off the field it goes back to hepling each other. I think this is crucial to push each other furthur....and I no doubt give our current success to this relationship we have with the top teams in the region.

I think hate and rivalry only goes so far.....but since there is that underlying respect and friendship i feel that it is much more important the way it is. It really does push each other....that way bragging rights are that! you can bragg easier to your friends than to your enemies. You have to remmeber everyone wants to BE the best...and if they are not they want to BEAT the best...so friendship or not...the fire will always be there.. I think since we are all in a smal region we NEED that friendship and willingness to make each better or the quality in the region will die.

just my .02 for you all to chew on.

Brian
Armageddon
Old 09-02-2007, 08:08 PM #10
crappinonyourchest

I hate everyone, sometimes the people ive played with. RARRRRRRRRRRRR anger is good. when controlled. Be like the Praying Mantis, angry yet controlled. GWIL FUCIOUS says " Strike hard but with a steady hand my son, let the lotus flow."

um hope that helps.
crappinonyourchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:11 PM #11
FullMetalJester
NU Coach / Gun Tech

FullMetalJester plays in the PSP
FullMetalJester is an NCPA player
FullMetalJester plays in the APPA D4 division
how did you keep that username from 04 and not get banned yet?
FullMetalJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:57 PM #12
paintballpimp092
Si vis pacem, para bellum

paintballpimp092 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballpimp092 plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballpimp092 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoney003 View Post
ok, this may not seem relevant because we are D3 and NEX and 187 are D2 but...

187 AND NEX are very friendly AND very helpful to us (Armageddon) we are at all of their matches we can and they are at ALL the one they can make of ours. We practice week in and week out with both of them.....they help us walk all of the fields(both NPPL and NEPL) and we share strategies, equipment, water...you name it. I would consider everyone on both teams good friends to me and to Armageddon.

Now, with that being said....when we scrim either one of them....our whole team wants blood...to smash them to bits...once we get inside the nets...thats it...(i also know this is a fact the otehr way around...and would be 5-fold if we played them in a tourney). there may be swearing at each other(hurd), Threatening(webby) <3 to both! but once we step off the field it goes back to hepling each other. I think this is crucial to push each other furthur....and I no doubt give our current success to this relationship we have with the top teams in the region.

I think hate and rivalry only goes so far.....but since there is that underlying respect and friendship i feel that it is much more important the way it is. It really does push each other....that way bragging rights are that! you can bragg easier to your friends than to your enemies. You have to remmeber everyone wants to BE the best...and if they are not they want to BEAT the best...so friendship or not...the fire will always be there.. I think since we are all in a smal region we NEED that friendship and willingness to make each better or the quality in the region will die.

just my .02 for you all to chew on.

Brian
Armageddon
I have to agree. That's the same way things are down here where I live in Florida. People will share water, tools, guns, gear, players, etc. but when they step on the field it's go time and if you stand in their way they're going to try to **** you up big time.

Rarely do screaming matches or temper tantrums keep going once people get off the field.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:22 PM #13
brawnpb

Whalers and Boston Sabres had some heated practices with screaming and bonusballing and arguing. But at the end of the day, we kept a good relationship, sideline coaching for each other at events. Off the field teams that play together regularly have a good bond, but on the field, they want to kill each other. When you play each other alot, there just becomes a rivalry where you want bragging rights. Just my $0.02
Old 09-05-2007, 06:36 PM #14
Ty C.

I had to chime in on this one. i think people dont hate each other as much because most of the players dont have loyalty like there used to be. players hop from team to team without any remorse. the result of this is that the same teams with the same players dont play each other year after year. i also believe that many of the players now have never played a competitive sport besides paintball. so they dont know what rivalry is.

Villains dont die, they just hide out for a bit.
Ty C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:33 AM #15
OldSchoolPaintballin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty C. View Post
I had to chime in on this one. i think people dont hate each other as much because most of the players dont have loyalty like there used to be. players hop from team to team without any remorse. the result of this is that the same teams with the same players dont play each other year after year. i also believe that many of the players now have never played a competitive sport besides paintball. so they dont know what rivalry is.
pgfactory to vision to pgfactory to the now deadbox media/deadbox factory

D.A.-are you talking pre-birch-hill days, when canobie, cape cod, and a bunch of the other new england parks were just forming? (like 1990-1995ish?)
Old 09-13-2007, 11:01 AM #16
DaBXRoMeO