Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-14-2015, 02:50 PM #1
FL_Surfshredder

Question 2012 G6R eye issue

Please help! I had just bought a used G6R and played flawlessly on the field the other day. Now after cleaning it, eyes are not detecting a paintball in the marker, so it does not fire. Every once in a while it will but mostly not. I can force fire, and it flawlessly shoots, but it will not with the eyes on.

I can stick my finger down in the feedneck (with no tank attached), but the display does not detect anything. I had cleaned the eyes, the first time with a q-tip and it did nothing. I then cleaned them again with rubbing alcohol and it worked fairly well for a bit, but once in a while it would not detect my paint again.

Now, after taking off the grips, replacing the battery, and inspecting the board, I am unable to determine the issue and it does not detect anything down the feedneck anymore! Occasionally the LED screen will show 2C when I have the 4C eyes installed. When I turn it off and back on it will correct itself and say 4C (with a box and line through the middle like a "B"). When it worked prior it would show the box "B" with the bottom filled in.

Parts:
4C eyes (I do not have the original 2C eyes)
Premium Hushbolt
OLED stock

Do you think the eyes are just bad? Do you think it is the wires connecting to the eyes? The wires look fine to me. Never tugged on them. Removed holding just the box plugs. The red light comes on the right side when I pull the trigger (not on the left) with no cycle click. Hold down the trigger for several seconds forces a cycle and it does click. With the eyes off, it cycles (clicks). It fires with the eyes off fine.

I could really use your help! Thanks in advance!
-David
FL_Surfshredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2015, 03:19 PM #2
NOBLE818

NOBLE818 is BST Trusted
NOBLE818 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I would take a really close look the eye wires and connectors. The wires can also be pinched if they were not installed correctly.
NOBLE818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:26 PM #3
FL_Surfshredder

So I Inspected the wires and they show no sign of wear at all. I pushed the ends in with the tip of a screw driver to see if that made any difference (they did not appear to be lose). When I placed some paintballs into the feedneck, the eyes just seem to recognize it now and it shoots flawlessly. I have no idea what it could have been. Maybe the rubbing alcohol had to dry or something...? I have no idea. I am afraid that this may only be a temporary fix, though.

Anybody have any ideas still?
Old 05-15-2015, 01:38 PM #4
nielsen.dk

did you take the eyes out of the gun or did you just cleane it from the feedneck?

take them out and check for paint-gunk...
nielsen.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:15 PM #5
FL_Surfshredder

Yes, I took the eyes out and cleaned them by hand. Thanks for the suggestion though! There were no sign of paint or gunk build up. The openings were completely clear. I shot the gun today without incident to test it out. Maybe the rubbing alcohol had to dry a bit for it to work again, Idk.

The board is a Frenzy 5.0 and heard that maybe that could be the issue... that I may have to send it in to get upgraded. The top box on the LED screen next to the 4C never shows solid, only the bottom. Occasionally when I start up the gun, it says 2C where it should say 4C. Idk what that is about either.

I am kind of afraid to clean the eyes (remove them) again in case they don't work right once again. I just ordered 2C eyes that will come in on Tuesday, just in case the board does require the upgrade for it to function correctly. Fingers crossed though. I don't need 4C anyways, my capabilities for bps are under 12.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:01 PM #6
nielsen.dk

if you hold down the power button when you turn it on, you can switch between 4c and 2c, hold it down untill an eye appears...
nielsen.dk is offline   Reply With Quote