PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-28-2016, 09:43 AM #1
justing66

justing66 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Found My Youth in a Pawnshop - Species Intimidator

First off, there are no questions to be answered here. This is just me blowing off years of wishing and hoping to find what I found yesterday.

Since I was in middle school, I can remember sitting in the computer lab with my friends staring wide-eyed at the Species Intimidator. Knowing that we could never afford it, we lived those moments of owning one through videos on youtube and pictures on this site. I remember walking into my local shop and seeing one on the wall - a Purple Splash model - and knew that was the one I was going to own someday. That shop owner actually still owns that gun and even after years of prying he would never sell it to me. It was his show piece and I wanted one of my own.

Well fast forward, I'm now in a place where I could afford to grab one of the BST here, but seeing all the 2k5 and otherwise markers missing the stock pieces turned me off. I did own a red Species at one point, but it did not fill that empty spot I had been looking to fill for so long.

Well yesterday (5/27/16) on my lunch break I walk into a pawnshop in the area I was working to take a look around. I get about half way around the store and stop dead in my tracks. There she was, on a shelf, covered in dust. If anyone was watching me, they probably saw my jaw hit the floor. Camly I asked to see it and upon inspection - Every single stock part, and 100% unused. It did not have a box, but it had never been fired. I knocked off some dust and saw the true character underneath. Not even a scratch. I looked at the shop owner and asked about it and he said it had been sitting on the shelf for over 2 years and he just wanted it gone. It already had a remarkable price on it, but the owner said he would knock off 60% if I took it today. At this point my eyes were probably as big as saucers as I shakily reached for my wallet.

I got home and out a battery in, and it worked. I slowly disassembled it and lubed it, put in some air, and not even a single leak. I fired one reball through it - 298 fps. I was honestly stunned as I degassed it.

The chances that I found a brand new Species in the color I had always lusted over and for the price I paid (I won't even tell you guys, it was that low) are the things dreams are made of. This along with a few others I have collected over the years are never going anywhere.

Anyway here are a few terribly taken pictures from this morning. Still can't believe my luck

Last edited by justing66 : 05-28-2016 at 10:04 AM.
justing66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2016, 10:03 AM #2
BigPumpPlayer

BigPumpPlayer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
That's so awesome, good for you!
Proud BOB WHITE #52
ANTIDOTE Twister LV1
Black N' Brass CCM T2
Texas Sunset Orracle Pump
Hitman Custom MI Orracle Autococker
SSC Gas-Thru Phantom
Blackout GOG ENMEY

WTB HK LEGEND and unique AKA EXCAL
BigPumpPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:41 PM #3
LEX_BALLER 3

Annual Supporting Member
Species are the most beautiful markers ever made IMO. I hope to one day build the one I have always wanted.
LEX_BALLER 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 05:18 PM #4
tacxplosion

tacxplosion supports Ninja Paintball
It's too close for me to call between species timmies and karnivors. Thresholds are also nice and a PL shocker here and there.
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 05:21 PM #5
justing66

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacxplosion View Post
It's too close for me to call between species timmies and karnivors. Thresholds are also nice and a PL shocker here and there.
I can agree. I'm much more interested in owning the guns I wanted growing up than anything new. That said, I may have a stock Karnivor and Russian Legion Shocker hiding in a case somewhere
Old 05-28-2016, 05:22 PM #6
perditionxX

perditionxX supports Ninja Paintball
There is one just like that for sale in the bst's.
perditionxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 05:25 PM #7
justing66

Quote:
Originally Posted by perditionxX View Post
There is one just like that for sale in the bst's.
I saw that too. But for me, the changes in parts turns me away from being interested. In a lot of instances, I'm sure that the upgrades help the marker perform better but theres something to a pure stock form of the older markers that really speaks to me.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:34 AM #8
Kitty15
FREQUENCY

Bravo to you sir! Just for grins PM me what you paid for it! I look in the pawn shops in my area and never find a deal like that! But if I did ever find a mint species it would be taken to my buddies house and given to him as a monument to his better daze he loved species timmies as well.

The paintball marker was perfected in 2005, when Bob Long, God, John Moses Browning and Chuck Norris put the milled feedneck on the Alias Intimidator!
-------> WWW.PBPIRATE.COM <-------
WWW.PBPIRATE.COM WWW.PBPIRATE.COM
WWW.PBPIRATE.COM WWW.PBPIRATE.COM
Kitty15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:01 PM #9
PntBllJnky22
iMehrab

has been a member for 10 years
PntBllJnky22 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
wow that's awesome.
PntBllJnky22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 04:06 PM #10