Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2007, 01:07 AM #1
smupaintball
 
 
smupaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Majoring in property management...worth it?

I'm thinking about majoring in property management and getting into some sort of real estate. Will the market recover or be profitable in about 5 years, or should I think about another major. Money making is pretty important in this decision but also remember it's what I would like to do and that is important too!
__________________
Actually make $ online! You will not be a millionaire but it can add up...check out: http://www.topbux.org/?r=smupaintball
smupaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2007, 01:14 AM #2
i like tictacs
first day of my life
 
i like tictacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Not New Zealand
 has been a member for 10 years
What a boring major. do something because you like it, not because it makes you money.
i like tictacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:18 AM #3
smupaintball
 
 
smupaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
i for one would love to buy and sell properties, go into real estate, or anything like that. I just wondered it I would fail miserably because of the poor housing market.
__________________
Actually make $ online! You will not be a millionaire but it can add up...check out: http://www.topbux.org/?r=smupaintball
smupaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:21 AM #4
Stupid2k5ers
 
 
Stupid2k5ers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
By the time you graduate the housing market should be turning around, near its bottom, a perfect time to start buying houses and selling them.
__________________
"Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes."

-Ephesians 6:11
Stupid2k5ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:15 PM #5
FalconMan281
 
 
FalconMan281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City
FalconMan281 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FalconMan281 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Real Estate will always have its ups and downs. If you good you will always make money.
FalconMan281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:31 PM #6
Carnagge
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Stock market has always out performed the housing market long term.
__________________
My feedback is 100%

68/4500 tank
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post64366912
Carnagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:34 PM #7
t_mo (Banned)
Baller Status
 
t_mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Boston
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnagge View Post
Stock market has always out performed the housing market long term.
Exactly what metrics are you using? I am not trying to be an ***, I am just really interested in the metrics you are using to value the two markets. I think the markets are correlated very interestingly and I am trying to predict where they both will go, and how they will go where they go.

I have yet to find a solid metric to value the real estate market, I feel that most of the main stream ones are to controlled by people with agendas (i.e. government) so therefore they are not accurate.
t_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:53 PM #8
FalconMan281
 
 
FalconMan281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City
FalconMan281 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FalconMan281 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnagge View Post
Stock market has always out performed the housing market long term.
Are you an idiot? No seriously.

Say you own a commercial building. Which I know that someone does. The building is worth $650,000.

They rent it out for $7500 a month. Which is $90,000 a year. Take $5k for taxes and maybe $10k for maintence if that. And you get $75k.

Now you say you take that $650,000 and put it in the stock market instead. Say you make a higher then market average of 10%. Though the $650,000 will only make $65,000. And the difference here is that $75,000 can be put into an account in the market or into other real estate. Now if you take the stock market average of only 8% then you would only make $52,000 on the $650,000.

So next time before you come in here ranting like you know **** do your research.

Nobody would invest in real estate if it didn't have good returns.
FalconMan281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:06 AM #9
SoMich_Tom
Retired
 
SoMich_Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Whitmore Lake, MI
SoMich_Tom is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconMan281 View Post

Nobody would invest in real estate if it didn't have good returns.
I agree with your overall post, but people still buy savings bonds and CD's as "investments"...
__________________
Feedback
SoMich OG
SoMich_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:52 AM #10
Stupid2k5ers
 
 
Stupid2k5ers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMich_Tom View Post
I agree with your overall post, but people still buy savings bonds and CD's as "investments"...
People buy bonds and CD's because they don't have any appetite for risk. I would also venture to guess that people use CD's because they don't have an understanding of the market, and don't want to be bothered.
__________________
"Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes."

-Ephesians 6:11
Stupid2k5ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:35 PM #11
SoMich_Tom
Retired
 
SoMich_Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Whitmore Lake, MI
SoMich_Tom is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid2k5ers View Post
People buy bonds and CD's because they don't have any appetite for risk. I would also venture to guess that people use CD's because they don't have an understanding of the market, and don't want to be bothered.
Which further proves my point...people buy these items for all sorts of "investments" including retirement. They are terrible for that purpose...

Very few people actually understand the true purpose of these accounts and use them that way.
__________________
Feedback
SoMich OG

Last edited by SoMich_Tom : 08-25-2007 at 07:38 PM.
SoMich_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:04 PM #12
sportstm1227
Timmy member #21
 
sportstm1227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philthadelphia
remember this. You can always make more money in anything. Its what you put into it. Do anything you like doing no matter what the pay is. Theres always more money out there. You just have to find it. For example, my dad introduced me to his friend who was a cleaner at the local scool district. The pay sucked untill he went out looking on how to make more money. Well a few years back he started a cleaning company. He would send out cleaners to various schools. Well he was so good at it that the school district hired him. Few years after that, he is in charge of 3 districts schools, buildings, and parks. He is now trying to hook up with a langscaping partner. I am not sure of his pay but he went from having a nissan maxima to a infiniti g35 as well as F350 super duty. and just bought a million doller home. So whats that tell you. Just do anything you like and go find the money.
__________________
WTB SL74 or 07 Cyborg:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post37080875
sportstm1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:23 PM #13
t_mo (Banned)
Baller Status
 
t_mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Boston
 has been a member for 10 years
^ I actually agree 100%.

Don't do something that you don't like but can make your money. Do something you truly enjoy and you will find the money in it. To many people choose glamorous careers and fail because they don't actually enjoy it.

My Uncle told me. "Do what you like and you won't work a day in your life."
t_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:40 AM #14
Nero9171
gh^m@fn7
 
Nero9171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: :noitacoL
Nero9171 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nero9171 supports Sherwood Forest
It might be worth it for you to either ship my gun or give me my money back SCAMMER! Its been OVER A MONTH, what is wrong with you?
__________________
WTB buy Nintendo Wii's!
Nero9171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:34 AM #15
sportstm1227
Timmy member #21
 
sportstm1227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philthadelphia
^^Well thats not good.
__________________
WTB SL74 or 07 Cyborg:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post37080875
sportstm1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:46 PM #16
FalconMan281
 
 
FalconMan281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City
FalconMan281 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FalconMan281 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstm1227 View Post
^^Well thats not good.

x2....and is he talking about the author?
FalconMan281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:40 PM #17
Nero9171
gh^m@fn7
 
Nero9171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: :noitacoL
Nero9171 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nero9171 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconMan281 View Post
x2....and is he talking about the author?
yeah sorry, im talking about the author, smupaintball
__________________
WTB buy Nintendo Wii's!
Nero9171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:12 PM #18
sportstm1227
Timmy member #21
 
sportstm1227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philthadelphia
^^Ouch! I will bet he will not respond to this thread! hey go on 411.com, you can get info on people there. I was scammed and got the kids phone number and contacted there parents. Hope this helps.
Thanks!
__________________
WTB SL74 or 07 Cyborg:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post37080875
sportstm1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:10 PM #19
FalconMan281
 
 
FalconMan281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City
FalconMan281 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FalconMan281 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero9171 View Post
yeah sorry, im talking about the author, smupaintball

I would say post his info...but that is against the rules...
FalconMan281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:16 PM #20
Nero9171
gh^m@fn7
 
Nero9171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: :noitacoL
Nero9171 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nero9171 supports Sherwood Forest
Someone is helping me look him up and we came up with a lot of info that he posted. Check this out http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2354243
__________________
WTB buy Nintendo Wii's!
Nero9171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:58 PM #21
sportstm1227
Timmy member #21
 
sportstm1227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philthadelphia
Told you he wont respond.
__________________
WTB SL74 or 07 Cyborg:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post37080875
sportstm1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump