PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-22-2007, 04:20 PM #1
VRpaintball93 (Banned)
CT

practicing w/ gun in backyard?

if i in my backyard with my gun, barrel on with barrel condom, nitro screwed in but empty, no hoper, no mask - if im in my backyard practicing running and sliding/diving off break, can i get fined for doing it w/ my gun?
VRpaintball93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2007, 04:22 PM #2
VRpaintball93 (Banned)
CT

does anyone know?
Old 08-22-2007, 04:47 PM #3
Force13B

depends on your location. I do snap shooting drills and breakout drills in my back yard with no issues. I'd check to see if you have ccnr's for you neighborhood and you could always call your local police station and ask.
Force13B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:23 PM #4
FEPspy

i dont see i prob with that i shoot my gun in my backyard all the time so i think running around with it sould be fine but idk thats just where i live

guns i own: quest, intimidators: (naughty dog, alias, dark, species,2k5 ironmen, 2k5 ironmen, ironmen, empire), b2k w/ pds, and custom cocker

So Cal Ballas
FEPspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:28 PM #5
I♥VC

I♥VC is an NCPA player
I♥VC plays in the APPA D5 division
my neihbors would think im an idiot running around my back yard sliding and diving with my gun..

UL'd and up'd PM7
61+/0-
*Really an Aug 2K6r*
[New]+[New]+[Old]

I♥VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:58 PM #6
VRpaintball93 (Banned)
CT

mine dont they've seen me play, but im woried thers like 3 old ppl that can see and i wouldnt want them to call the cops sying i have a gun, because i dotn feel liek having a real one pointed at me any time soon - so does anyone kno actually if its legal or not?????
Old 08-22-2007, 11:41 PM #7
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't think the cops will pull a gun that easily in a residential neighborhood.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:17 AM #8
VRpaintball93 (Banned)
CT

if sum cooked out old lady calls saying a kids running around in his backyard w/ a gun - they'll def pull guns, for their own safety precaution untill i put it down and they figure out its a paintball gun - anyways i kno if u have on in the car with nitro screwed in its a fine and posible jail time, so dont ****ing post here unless u kno or have an idea of my main question - would i be able to get in any trouble doing drills in backyard?
Old 08-23-2007, 12:49 PM #9
bnctaj

has been a member for 10 years
Just go tell the neighbors who are legally blind that you play paintball so if they see you with what may appear to be weapons they probably are not... they'll probably be chill about it.

Also, call your local PD. It depends from area to area and city to city. Seeing as we have no idea what locale you're from we're unable to call the local PD for you.
bnctaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:58 PM #10
VRpaintball93 (Banned)
CT

thank you, the calling cops idea, no, and the tellign those ppl idea, maybe
Old 08-23-2007, 02:59 PM #11
VRpaintball93 (Banned)
CT

im from ct, near the shoreline so woudl the cops around there care?
Old 08-23-2007, 05:06 PM #12
Ziya92
Professional Ninja

No one would give a **** if you running around with you paintball gun and slaiding in your backyard. Dont worry. Even if it was illegal the cops porbabyl wouldnt give a **** either. Which im 99.9999% sure its perfectly fine.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:15 PM #13
KamakaziWatermelon
split the atom

KamakaziWatermelon helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRpaintball93 View Post
thank you, the calling cops idea, no, and the tellign those ppl idea, maybe
why are you scared of calling the police station to ask about rules/regulations?

Volucris: My family members often wake me up in the middle of the night telling me I've been screaming battle commands at the top of my lungs while sleeping. I don't know what it means but I don't complain about my dreams."

KamakaziWatermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:20 AM #14
VRpaintball93 (Banned)
CT

im not, y would u propose i am, is it because tu are because u have done something illegal and ur trying to seem like a responsible law obeyer by making other people seem like law breakers?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:37 PM #15
CrazyCooter

Depending on your area. I know in my town Oakdale, MN it's illegal to shot anything, gun, paintball marker, airsoft, even a sling shot.

I suppose they could make a fuss about it. Saying your walking around with a firearm (some area's lump paintball markers in with firearms and BB guns)

Check your towns website most of them have a list of City Ordinances. The one for my town was under the ordinance for "Offenses".

Quote from Oakdale, MN firearm Ordinance.

Sec. 13-6. Unlawful Discharge. Except as hereinafter provided, no person shall discharge a firearm
of any kind, bow and arrow, air gun, BB gun, sling shot or any similar device for the propulsion of
shots or metal pellets by means of compressed air, gas, or mechanical spring action within the city;
provided, however, that no rifle shall be discharged within the city for any purpose whatsoever.

(except they go on to say you can discharge in self-defense or to protect your property)

If you tell me what town and state you live in, I could do some research for you.

If you paid for your gun with your money put this in your sig.

Vintage Matrix Owner

Red DM3, CP Trigger, Lucky UN1chip Board, Tadao 5 Chip
CrazyCooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:11 AM #16
MatAronofsky

living in rural new hampshire does have its advantages
MatAronofsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:55 PM #17
FEPspy

y dont u just go tlk to ur naighbors if ur so concered inform them of what ur doing and they wont freak out and call the cops so then no worries

guns i own: quest, intimidators: (naughty dog, alias, dark, species,2k5 ironmen, 2k5 ironmen, ironmen, empire), b2k w/ pds, and custom cocker

So Cal Ballas
FEPspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:21 PM #18
VRpaintball93 (Banned)
CT

i dont actually shoot it - i have it off, nitro screwed in for the weight, and occasionally hopper on, but i never shoot paint in my backyard - i live in suberbs, not country, not city so.....
Old 08-26-2007, 11:30 PM #19
sp!n
ŻŻŻŻŻ

I live in the suburbs, I shoot my gun all the time and practice snap shooting with reballs and all that. My neighbor, next door neighbor, is a cop. He has never said anything, he thinks its cool that I paintball, one time he even shot my gun.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:42 PM #20
Corb3t

I have power lines running behind my house. So naturally I had to attempt to shoot the transformers. Next day in the newspaper on the page that shows local crimes it said "Criminal Mischief: Vehicle struck by paintball" followed by the name of the street behind my house. I lawl'd.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:03 AM #21
VRpaintball93 (Banned)
CT

lulz, i have "gotten" lol an airsoft gun from a former friend (he doesnt know i have it) me and my 20 neighbors (seriously 20 of us all in the same age area) have been playing airsoft all throughout our "hood" (suberbs lol) and not gotten the popos called on us yet (i still think airsoft is gay and nothing compared to paintball but hey wen 5000 bbs are 5 dollars and u dotn ahve to wipe cuz thers no paint and u can play wenever ur bored y not), and thats running throuh ppls yards w/ postols that are black and look real so i guess i answered my own question, thanks for um...... wasting your time here