PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-14-2012, 08:03 PM #1
ta95white

ta95white owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Fusion F8 Leaking

I just ordered new parts for my f8 from DP a few weeks ago and installed them. The new parts where solenoid, valve, and all orings. when i gas gun up it cycles and fires shots by it self. what could i be over looking?
ta95white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2012, 08:04 PM #2
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Trigger tripping the sensor? I'm guessing. Someone with some actual knowledge will be here shortly.
GraniteGargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:07 PM #3
CA_Tectonics

I would agree with Granite. Sounds like the fang on the trigger it tripping the sensor. Is the F8 all stock (board, trigger, etc.)?
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:17 PM #4
ta95white

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
I would agree with Granite. Sounds like the fang on the trigger it tripping the sensor. Is the F8 all stock (board, trigger, etc.)?
Yes everything is stock. I had put the golden poppit and enigram in the gun and that is when all the problems started. So i took them out put stock parts back in and installed the new parts and still having this problem
Old 01-14-2012, 08:20 PM #5
NEPxWeezy
Deese Nutz

NEPxWeezy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NEPxWeezy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NEPxWeezy plays in the APPA D4 division
NEPxWeezy supports DLX Technology
Board and/or trigger
Old 01-14-2012, 08:23 PM #6
ta95white

i hope not this gun has only been used three times since purchased new
Old 01-14-2012, 08:28 PM #7
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
It shouldn't be too big problem at all. The other guys will chime in soon to help you through it.

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:34 PM #8
GraniteGargoyle

Would it hurt to take the trigger off and air up to see if it still did it to rule out the trigger? I'm asking so please do not do it unless you know if it will or not
Old 01-14-2012, 08:35 PM #9
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta95white View Post
Yes everything is stock. I had put the golden poppit and enigram in the gun and that is when all the problems started. So i took them out put stock parts back in and installed the new parts and still having this problem
Quote:
i hope not this gun has only been used three times since purchased new
Don't worry. It is likely an easy fix. Adjust the pre and post-travel adjustment screws to give a little longer pull and stop. It may be that the trigger is set-up too close to the activation point of the optical sensor, creating a bounce that makes it fire as if it is in full auto.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 01-14-2012, 08:37 PM #10
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteGargoyle View Post
Would it hurt to take the trigger off and air up to see if it still did it to rule out the trigger? I'm asking so please do not do it unless you know if it will or not
Far easier to just set the pre-travel to as long as possible, to take the trigger out invloves taking the body off the frame (along with all those necessary other steps like eye covers off and eyes out, unplug noid, etc.)
Old 01-14-2012, 08:47 PM #11
GraniteGargoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Far easier to just set the pre-travel to as long as possible, to take the trigger out invloves taking the body off the frame (along with all those necessary other steps like eye covers off and eyes out, unplug noid, etc.)
Aight
Old 01-14-2012, 08:49 PM #12
ta95white

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteGargoyle View Post
Aight
I tried to adjust the travel and still same results. When it fires its not full auto just a slow cycle.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:54 PM #13
GraniteGargoyle

Ok I'm new to this stuff but I'm trying to understand how things work. That means that something is triggering the solenoid right? Does the solenoid attach to the board the same way the eyes and such do? Maybe check the wires that attach to the board to see if turned the wrong way at the board? I know that running the wires that attach to a PC board can cause some weird stuff, so just thinking along those lines. But again. I am new to this stuff so please forgive me for my ignorance and rambling.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:28 PM #14
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
I tried to adjust the travel and still same results. When it fires its not full auto just a slow cycle.
Strange. With BOTH pre and post trigger travel set out as far as possible and it still does it? How slow of a cycle? Just to check off all possibilities, when you put everyting back together (poppet, valve, ram, and springs) did you put the enigram and spring back in the correct order?