Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-14-2012, 09:20 PM #1
rocker1337

G3 wont shoot under 300FPS!

So i have a G3 IQ and it currently has a techt bolt engine and 7th element board. Problem is i cant get it to shoot under 300FPS! its always at 320 or something crazy like that.

Things ive done:

- Relubed Noid, Reg, Bolt
- Replaced Reg with a brand new Custom Products V3 reg
- New O-rings on the bolt

At this point im thinking its my board settings. Im thinking of throwing the stock parts (bolt, back cap, board) and see what happens from there, any other suggestions?
rocker1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2012, 09:26 PM #2
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
LOL Midstate, you are in rare form tonight sir.
GraniteGargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:12 PM #3
rocker1337

yea i tried turning the reg down, all the way down but as soon as i hit a certain point, the gun wont cycle. then i turn it up just that much more so it just has enough pressure to cycle and it still shoots 300FPS+!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:31 PM #4
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
Reset your board to factory settings

Are your shims in the correct order?
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:34 PM #5
CA_Tectonics

Is it just the first shot that is 300+ or is it every shot (if you were to shoot 1 a second or something like that)? Just wondering if your ABS is 1) on and/or 2) set too high.

Also, what color is your regulator piston? If it is silver, you may have damaged the regulator seat. If that is the case, you'll need to order a new regulator piston (the red one) and velocity adjustment screw.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:37 PM #6
rocker1337

it turned out that the stock reg does have the old piston seat so i just left the stock reg off and im now only using either the macdev gladiator reg or the CP reg v3. The CP reg is brand spankin new and the macdev reg is super consistent on my clone.

Its every shot thats 300+ FPS and i CANT do anything to bring it down. Im more than sure its a board issue, 7th element board is awful and their manual doesnt help at all either. Im thinking of just throwing the stock board back in there and see what i get
Old 01-14-2012, 10:43 PM #7
Yeti6669
www.YetiPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker1337
it turned out that the stock reg does have the old piston seat so i just left the stock reg off and im now only using either the macdev gladiator reg or the CP reg v3. The CP reg is brand spankin new and the macdev reg is super consistent on my clone.

Its every shot thats 300+ FPS and i CANT do anything to bring it down. Im more than sure its a board issue, 7th element board is awful and their manual doesnt help at all either. Im thinking of just throwing the stock board back in there and see what i get
This, or you can factory reset the 7e board
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:06 PM #8
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker1337 View Post

A little confused here....so it is 300+ fps with these other two regs. All three regs?

I'm not so sure it is the board. Although the board may indeed have some issue, it is really only the air (how much and for how long) that ultimately dictates your FPS. At some point with your noid dwell and ABS, you get no more gain in FPS. With respect to velocity, there is a natural maximum that the dwell and ABS can control, above that max, you are only decreasing air efficiency. Of course this assumes the board is actually performing the setpoints programmed.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500

Last edited by CA_Tectonics : 01-14-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:30 PM #9
rocker1337

hmm yea i think youre right about that Tectonics. I actually swapped the boards out just now and put my hand over it with no barrel and it seems a little softer on the shots, its not too harsh like it was before...

i was wondering...if i cannot get it to go any lower, maybe removing a shim or two on the reg would help?
Old 01-14-2012, 11:37 PM #10
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
hmm yea i think youre right about that Tectonics. I actually swapped the boards out just now and put my hand over it with no barrel and it seems a little softer on the shots, its not too harsh like it was before...

i was wondering...if i cannot get it to go any lower, maybe removing a shim or two on the reg would help?
On the DP regulator? If so, they really are not designed to have shims removed, added, or put in a different configuration. Still a little confused as to which reg you are using though.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:39 PM #11
CA_Tectonics

Im curious, what are your dwell settings for both boards and what is the ABS setting on the 7E board?
Old 01-14-2012, 11:43 PM #12
rocker1337

oh i meant on the CP regulator. I found out that the G3 stock reg has the bad reg seat so i just started using the CP reg and my macdev gladiator reg. according to the 7th element website, ABS was set to 10 and dwell set to 9 since i reverted back to stock settings on it
Old 01-14-2012, 11:55 PM #13
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
oh i meant on the CP regulator. I found out that the G3 stock reg has the bad reg seat so i just started using the CP reg and my macdev gladiator reg. according to the 7th element website, ABS was set to 10 and dwell set to 9 since i reverted back to stock settings on it
O.K. So just to clarify and summerize, you first were usig the DP reg and you starting hitting 300+ FPS every shot. You checked the seat and saw that the reg seat was blown so you put on the CP reg and was still getting 300+ every shot. You then tried your MacDev reg and still the 300+ FPS every shot (maybe CP and MacDev in other order). You then switched out the 7E board for the stock one and dryfiring, it felt softer. Is this all correct?

As for those 7E settings, if those are correct, that ABS is WAY too high and the dwell may be a tad too low.

The CP reg is actually very similar to the DP reg. I'm not sure if it is o.k. to remove shims and it still work properly.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:57 PM #14
rocker1337

that is correct!! As of right now with the stock board it seems to feel fine now, i think the ABS was causing the issue. im out of air right now so ill have to check it out again at the field next weekend or so, ill let you know my findings! thanks a ton!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:02 AM #15
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
that is correct!! As of right now with the stock board it seems to feel fine now, i think the ABS was causing the issue. im out of air right now so ill have to check it out again at the field next weekend or so, ill let you know my findings! thanks a ton!
No prob. I'm just surprised it was doing it every shot. Usually the ABS is only for the first shot then drops back to whatever the noid dwell setting is. Usually a specific amount of time with no trigger pulls has to pass before the ABS kicks in again. Good luck.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:56 AM #16
mattbrace
Dr. Isotope

Mine was doing the same thing. So what's this about the seat causing the issue. I have a silver adjustment screw.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:01 AM #17
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
If you have a silver reg piston then there's a problem.
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:19 AM #18
mattbrace
Dr. Isotope

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ryan1l View Post
If you have a silver reg piston then there's a problem.
I have a red reg piston...
Old 01-15-2012, 07:45 AM #19
mattbrace
Dr. Isotope

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
O.K. So just to clarify and summerize, you first were usig the DP reg and you starting hitting 300+ FPS every shot. You checked the seat and saw that the reg seat was blown so you put on the CP reg and was still getting 300+ every shot. You then tried your MacDev reg and still the 300+ FPS every shot (maybe CP and MacDev in other order). You then switched out the 7E board for the stock one and dryfiring, it felt softer. Is this all correct?

As for those 7E settings, if those are correct, that ABS is WAY too high and the dwell may be a tad too low.

The CP reg is actually very similar to the DP reg. I'm not sure if it is o.k. to remove shims and it still work properly.
What should the ABS be normally...my manual doesn't say
Old 01-15-2012, 09:52 AM #20
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbrace View Post
What should the ABS be normally...my manual doesn't say
Ideally, if set up properly and lubed correctly, it should be 0ms. However, there may be times/situations whereyou would need ABS. If so, it really shouldn't need to be any more than 1 or 2ms.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:59 AM #21
mattbrace
Dr. Isotope

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics

Ideally, if set up properly and lubed correctly, it should be 0ms. However, there may be times/situations whereyou would need ABS. If so, it really shouldn't need to be any more than 1 or 2ms.
Okie dokie. Can't wait to get my rampage board.